PDA

View Full Version : Mac or Burgos?

Spicy McHaggis
07-05-2006, 09:43 PM
In the spirit of the Royals taking the series from the Twins here's a thread about the boys in blue.

Burgos has played well of late. When MacDougal comes back does he become your closer again?

Personally I think Burgos seems more like a set up guy and I don't think Mike should lose the job because of injury.

VonneMarie
07-05-2006, 09:44 PM
Big Mac is our closer and Burg@ss is our set up man.

SCTrojan
07-05-2006, 09:47 PM
In the spirit of the Royals taking the series from the Twins here's a thread about the boys in blue.

Burgos has played well of late. When MacDougal comes back does he become your closer again?

Personally I think Burgos seems more like a set up guy and I don't think Mike should lose the job because of injury.

Mac has more experience as a closer and has gotten through at least part of the struggle it takes to learn how to close.

Burgos could stand to learn a little more about pitching before they throw him full-time into the cauldron of closing again. Most major league teams do it that way - the setup guy serves an apprenticeship before becoming the closer.

Mariano Rivera, Joe Nathan, Eric Gagne, to name a few, began as setup men and they've turned out pretty well.

CHENZ A!
07-05-2006, 09:50 PM
It's hard to say, I don't think MacDougal should just be handed it when he comes back. But he is ok insurance for if Burgos starts ****ing up again. My judgement may be cloudy from tonights game and St Louis.

Sure-Oz
07-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Burgos back to setup and Mac as closer. I bet Mac will be brought back in closer situations slowly.

NJ Chief Fan
07-05-2006, 11:02 PM
Eric Gagne

whatever happend to him? is his career over now that he cant juice?

SCTrojan
07-06-2006, 07:04 AM
whatever happend to him? is his career over now that he cant juice?

Gotta get his arm fixed. He came back and looked like he hadn't missed a beat - for one game. I think he's still on the DL.

Cochise
07-06-2006, 07:20 AM
I don't think Burgos was ever ML ready. In another organization he wouldn't have surfaced yet. It probably wouldn't hurt for him to go back to Omaha and do some work. The guy can almost get it done on a consistent basis up here, he just can't put so many guys on base.

If he gets the WHIP under control I think he could be effective. Besides, he's only 21 or 22, he's got time to get better.