PDA

View Full Version : Ghey it up in the offseason - Emmys announced

Baby Lee
07-06-2006, 08:46 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/07/06/D8IMH0DG0.html

Drama Series: "Grey's Anatomy," ABC; "House," Fox; "The Sopranos," HBO; "24," Fox; "The West Wing," NBC.

Comedy Series: "Arrested Development," Fox; "Curb Your Enthusiasm," HBO; "The Office," NBC; "Scrubs," NBC; "Two and a Half Men," CBS.

Miniseries: "Bleak House (Masterpiece Theatre)," PBS; "Elizabeth I," HBO; "Into the West," TNT; "Sleeper Cell," Showtime.

Made-for-TV Movie: "Flight 93," A&E; "The Flight That Fought Back," Discovery Channel; "The Girl in the Cafe," HBO; "Mrs. Harris," HBO; "Yesterday," HBO.

Variety, Music or Comedy Series: "The Colbert Report," Comedy Central; "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart," Comedy Central; "Late Night With Conan O'Brien," NBC; "Late Show With David Letterman," CBS; "Real Time With Bill Maher," HBO.

Variety, Music or Comedy Special: "78th Annual Academy Awards," ABC; "Bill Maher: I'm Swiss," HBO; "George Carlin: Life Is Worth Losing," HBO; "McCartney in St. Petersburg," A&E; "The XX Olympic Winter Games _ Opening Ceremony," NBC.

Actor, Drama Series: Denis Leary, "Rescue Me," FX Network; Peter Krause, "Six Feet Under," HBO; Kiefer Sutherland, "24," Fox; Martin Sheen, "The West Wing," NBC.

Actress, Drama Series: Kyra Sedgwick, "The Closer," TNT; Geena Davis, "Commander in Chief," ABC; Mariska Hargitay, "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit," NBC; Frances Conroy, "Six Feet Under," HBO; Allison Janney, "The West Wing," NBC.

Supporting Actor, Drama Series: William Shatner, "Boston Legal," ABC; Oliver Platt, "Huff," Showtime; Michael Imperioli, "The Sopranos," HBO; Gregory Itzin, "24," Fox; Alan Alda, "The West Wing," NBC.

Supporting Actress, Drama Series: Candice Bergen, "Boston Legal," ABC; Sandra Oh, "Grey's Anatomy," ABC; Chandra Wilson, "Grey's Anatomy," ABC; Blythe Danner, "Huff," Showtime; Jean Smart, "24," Fox.

Actor, Comedy Series: Larry David, "Curb Your Enthusiasm," HBO; Kevin James, "The King of Queens," CBS; Tony Shalhoub, "Monk," USA; Steve Carell, "The Office," NBC; Charlie Sheen, "Two and a Half Men," CBS.

Actress, Comedy Series: Lisa Kudrow, "The Comeback," HBO; Jane Kaczmarek, "Malcolm in the Middle," Fox; Julia Louis-Dreyfus, "The New Adventures of Old Christine," CBS; Stockard Channing, "Out of Practice," CBS; Debra Messing, "Will & Grace," NBC.

Supporting Actor, Comedy Series: Will Arnett, "Arrested Development," Fox; Jeremy Piven, "Entourage," HBO; Bryan Cranston, "Malcolm in the Middle," Fox; Jon Cryer, "Two and a Half Men," CBS; Sean Hayes, "Will & Grace," NBC.

Supporting Actress, Comedy Series: Cheryl Hines, "Curb Your Enthusiasm," HBO; Alfre Woodard, "Desperate Housewives," ABC; Jaime Pressly, "My Name Is Earl," ABC; Elizabeth Perkins, "Weeds," Showtime; Megan Mullally, "Will & Grace," NBC.

Actor, Miniseries or a Movie: Charles Dance, "Bleak House (Masterpiece Theatre)," PBS; Donald Sutherland, "Human Trafficking," Lifetime; Ben Kingsley, "Mrs. Harris," HBO; Jon Voight, "Pope John Paul II," CBS; Andre Braugher, "Thief," FX Network.

Actress, Miniseries or a Movie: Kathy Bates, "Ambulance Girl," Lifetime; Gillian Anderson, "Bleak House (Masterpiece Theatre)," PBS; Helen Mirren, "Elizabeth I," HBO; Judy Davis, "A Little Thing Called Murder," Lifetime; Annette Bening, "Mrs. Harris," HBO.

Supporting Actor, Miniseries or a Movie: Denis Lawson, "Bleak House (Masterpiece Theatre)," PBS; Hugh Dancy, "Elizabeth I," HBO; Jeremy Irons, "Elizabeth I," HBO; Robert Carlyle, "Human Trafficking," Lifetime; Clifton Collins Jr., "Thief," FX Network.

Supporting Actress, Miniseries or a Movie: Kelly Macdonald, "The Girl in the Cafe," HBO; Shirley Jones, "Hidden Places," Hallmark; Ellen Burstyn, "Mrs. Harris," HBO; Cloris Leachman, "Mrs. Harris," HBO; Alfre Woodard, "The Water Is Wide (Hallmark Hall of Fame Presentation)," CBS.
Thoughts.

1. Can't really disagree with any of the series noms, unless it would be to remove TWW and put in The Shield. But then, I haven't seen Battlestar Galactica, and I hear that's a great show, too.
2. Kickass for Denis Leary's nom.
3. Boo for Debra Messing zooming a comedy nod rightly reserved for Lauren Graham.
4. My admiration of Ari is evidenced by my avatar, but that supporting actor in a comedy slot is FILLED with great choices. I could vote for any of them in turn, though Sean has been treading water for a while.

Predarat
07-06-2006, 08:52 AM
Hopefully The Office wins some of them, I just started watching in the offseason and its freaking hillarious!!

Sully
07-06-2006, 08:53 AM
Huff got robbed, with only 2 noms. Every actor on that show did a great job.

Saulbadguy
07-06-2006, 08:54 AM
Wow. I read through the entire list, and I have not watched any of those shows once.

Baby Lee
07-06-2006, 08:54 AM
Huff got robbed, with only 2 noms. Every actor on that show did a great job.
Bad news, Huff cancelled.

Baby Lee
07-06-2006, 08:58 AM
Jaime Pressley is the only one to get love on Earl?
Emmy nominators too Fogeyed to see anything in Veronica Mars?

Ultra Peanut
07-06-2006, 08:58 AM
**** the Emmys.

Clint in Wichita
07-06-2006, 08:59 AM
Not one nomination for "Lost"?

The Emmys can suck me dry.

Sully
Bad news, Huff cancelled.

Really?
I hadn't heard that.
That's sad, it was probably my favorite show on TV.

CupidStunt
24 and Kiefer 4thew.

Sully
07-06-2006, 09:00 AM
Jaime Pressley is the only one to get love on Earl?

For playing.... herself.

KChiefs1
07-06-2006, 09:08 AM
Supporting Actor, Comedy Series: Will Arnett, "Arrested Development," Fox; Jeremy Piven, "Entourage," HBO; Bryan Cranston, "Malcolm in the Middle," Fox; Jon Cryer, "Two and a Half Men," CBS; Sean Hayes, "Will & Grace," NBC.
something seriously wrong with this category:shake::cuss:

Comedy Series: "Arrested Development," Fox; "Curb Your Enthusiasm," HBO; "The Office," NBC; "Scrubs," NBC; "Two and a Half Men," CBS.

best show on tv:clap:

Frazod
07-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Nothing for Battlestar Galactica or Deadwood.

Frackin c#cksuckers! :cuss:

Baby Lee
07-06-2006, 09:19 AM
http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/simpson/Smilie19sim.gif
Ha ha!! Ari pwns Dwight!!!

noa
07-06-2006, 09:29 AM
Really?
I hadn't heard that.
That's sad, it was probably my favorite show on TV.

Yeah, Huff is awesome. Oliver Platt definitely deserves his nomination. Its just another show that is a critical success but fails to bring in money (see Deadwood and Arrested Development). Bummer.

jspchief
07-06-2006, 09:32 AM

Jon Cryer? I like the show, but Cryer is hardly worthy of an Emmy.

As for Malcom in the Middle and Arrested Develoment, are they even still on the air?

Baby Lee
07-06-2006, 09:37 AM
Jon Cryer? I like the show, but Cryer is hardly worthy of an Emmy.
Cryer is probably my first choice. IMO he's 90% of why the whole show works. It may look like Sheen's vehicle, but Cryer is definitely the glue.

jspchief
07-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Cryer is probably my first choice. IMO he's 90% of why the whole show works. It may look like Sheen's vehicle, but Cryer is definitely the glue.I don't think either of them are worthy on an Emmy nod. That show's success is about the writing, not the acting. Cryer is a complete over-actor IMO, like some character from a bad broadway show.

I think there are other actors from other shows that warrant consideration before anyone on 2 1/2 Men.

Cochise
07-06-2006, 09:48 AM
Can I get some of your Emmy Cakes? :thailor:

noa
07-06-2006, 09:52 AM
Can I get some of your Emmy Cakes? :thailor:

I love you Jonny Cakes.

sedated
07-06-2006, 10:01 AM
no entourage?

htismaqe
07-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Can't believe of all the people on MNIE they picked Pressley...especially considering the relative difficulty of her role compared to the white trash tramps she's played in all of her other appearances.

Nice to see "House" on the list, I can't really understand why Hugh Laurie doesn't get a nod all by himself, unless they're taking into account the awards he's already won and trying to give someone else a chance...

Chiefnj
07-06-2006, 11:01 AM
Forrest Whittaker deserved a nomination for the great job he did on the Shield all season.

The Sopranos gets nominated after the deplorable season they had? The same for Curb Your Enthusiasm.

tk13
07-06-2006, 11:04 AM
Hmm, I think 'The Office' could concievably win that Comedy category. That would be awesome... just to keep it in good standing with NBC.

Frazod
07-06-2006, 11:05 AM
The Sopranos gets nominated after the deplorable season they had?

I'm sure the Brokeback Guidos theme went over big with the folks who make the nominations. :shake:

htismaqe
07-06-2006, 11:06 AM
Forrest Whittaker deserved a nomination for the great job he did on the Shield all season.

The Sopranos gets nominated after the deplorable season they had? The same for Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Seems like alot of the nominations might be "parting gifts"...

CoMoChief
07-06-2006, 11:07 AM
GOB should just probably win every award just to avoid confusion.

Baby Lee
08-19-2013, 06:03 AM
Not that big a deal, so I didn't start a new thread, and this one was close enough to the subject matter.

But I recently watching episodes of Web Therapy, and besides LOVING how funny it is and how unique in it's format [whole show is mostly improv over chat windows as Kudrow's character is a . . . Web Therapist, giving 2 minute worthless therapy session by iChat or whatever Mac has].

But is amazing how gay the cast is.

Dan Bucatinsky
Victor Garber
Alan Cumming
Tim Bagly
Lily Tomlin
Michael McDonald [70/30 on that one, but only one not officially out]
Maulik Pancholy

even Rosie O'Donnell and Sarah Gilbert had arcs.

That's like 90% of all screen time.

Nothing ominous, just quirky.

DaKCMan AP
08-19-2013, 06:07 AM
And the award for the most Awesome poster goes to..... DaKCMan AP.

This is DaKCMan AP's 17th award and 13th consecutive most Awesome poster award.

Thig Lyfe
08-19-2013, 08:08 AM
Cool Breitbart link bro

Baby Lee
08-19-2013, 08:30 AM
Cool Breitbart link bro

1. It's not a political link
2. It's 7 years old
3. I resuscitated solely to have a place to put a small musing I had that was tangentially related. TBH, I just did a search for Kudrow and picked link.
4. Don't recall specifically, but I'd wager that it was actually a Drudge link to a Breitbart link who probably scooped other outlets and splashed huge it over the letterhead.

Thig Lyfe
08-19-2013, 09:16 PM
4. Don't recall specifically, but I'd wager that it was actually a Drudge link to a Breitbart link who probably scooped other outlets and splashed huge it over the letterhead.

Soooooo it's even cooler than I thought?

cosmo20002
08-19-2013, 09:29 PM
Actor, Comedy Series: Larry David, "Curb Your Enthusiasm," HBO; Kevin James, "The King of Queens," CBS; Tony Shalhoub, "Monk," USA; Steve Carell, "The Office," NBC; Charlie Sheen, "Two and a Half Men," CBS.

I'm rooting for Kevin James in King of Queens. I always thought that was a way underrated show. This could be the year!

Thig Lyfe
08-19-2013, 09:31 PM
I'm rooting for Kevin James in King of Queens. I always thought that was a way underrated show. This could be the year!

It's all about da MONK baybEE!!!

wazu
08-19-2013, 09:42 PM
Wow. I read through the entire list, and I have not watched any of those shows once.

This really is the gem of the thread. Look at the OP, read nothing but the "Best Drama" and "Best Comedy" categories.

The Sopranos
The Office
Arrested Development
The West Wing
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Scrubs

To think that none of them even had one show worth watching but still got nominated. Glad to see somebody in 2006 wasn't afraid to call out that bullshit.

Thig Lyfe
08-19-2013, 09:44 PM
This really is the gem of the thread. Look at the OP, read nothing but the "Best Drama" and "Best Comedy" categories.

The Sopranos
The Office
Arrested Development
The West Wing
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Scrubs

To think that none of them even had one show worth watching but still got nominated. Glad to see somebody in 2006 wasn't afraid to call out that bullshit.

what

Sorter
08-19-2013, 09:48 PM
what

this

wazu
08-19-2013, 10:00 PM
what

Shit, nm. Misread the post I quoted. Thought it said "would not have watched." It doesn't. Which means my post is fail.

Discuss Thrower
08-20-2013, 01:31 AM
Not that big a deal, so I didn't start a new thread, and this one was close enough to the subject matter.

But I recently watching episodes of Web Therapy, and besides LOVING how funny it is and how unique in it's format [whole show is mostly improv over chat windows as Kudrow's character is a . . . Web Therapist, giving 2 minute worthless therapy session by iChat or whatever Mac has].

But is amazing how gay the cast is.

Dan Bucatinsky
Victor Garber
Alan Cumming
Tim Bagly
Lily Tomlin
Michael McDonald [70/30 on that one, but only one not officially out]
Maulik Pancholy

even Rosie O'Donnell and Sarah Gilbert had arcs.

That's like 90% of all screen time.

Nothing ominous, just quirky.

Victor Garber is gay? Huh. Never would've guessed.

EDIT: Also, never would have thought to see Denis Leary nominated for an Emmy. Always figured Rescue Me was a show that wasn't worthy of such "lofty" consideration.

Baby Lee
08-20-2013, 02:04 AM
Victor Garber is gay? Huh. Never would've guessed.

EDIT: Also, never would have thought to see Denis Leary nominated for an Emmy. Always figured Rescue Me was a show that wasn't worthy of such "lofty" consideration.

Married 14 years

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2013015/reg_1024.VictorRainier.mh.011513.jpg

Rausch
08-20-2013, 02:19 AM
Always figured Rescue Me was a show that wasn't worthy of such "lofty" consideration.

FUCK YOU AND DIE IN FIRE!

http://theflickcast.com/wp-content/uploads//RM_S6_09_110__.jpg

blaise
08-20-2013, 07:32 AM
Soooooo it's even cooler than I thought?

Cool whining, bro.

Discuss Thrower
08-20-2013, 09:18 AM
FUCK YOU AND DIE IN FIRE!

http://theflickcast.com/wp-content/uploads//RM_S6_09_110__.jpg

No, don't get me wrong. Tommy Gavin is one of my favorite characters in TV. Just didn't think Leary had enough clout to be nominated for an Emmy.

WhawhaWhat
08-20-2013, 09:26 AM
No, don't get me wrong. Tommy Gavin is one of my favorite characters in TV. Just didn't think Leary had enough clout to be nominated for an Emmy.

Just like his stand-up comedy, Denis Leary stole his lines from someone else and took all the credit.

Thig Lyfe
08-20-2013, 09:31 AM
Cool whining, bro.

not whining, just a fan of cool links!!!!!!