PDA

View Full Version : Biden on Indians and 7-11

Cochise
07-06-2006, 02:36 PM
(it autoplays, so watch out if you are someplace where you aren't supposed to be surfing or whatever)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtLtBjXvR50

Donger
07-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Wow, what a doofus.

htismaqe
07-06-2006, 02:40 PM
ROFL

What a maroon...

SBK
07-06-2006, 02:44 PM
Good thing he has that little (d) next to his name or this might be a scandal!

Bootlegged
07-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Liar. You have to have a HEAVY Indian accent to order at a Dunkin Donuts or buy something at 7-11.

banyon
07-06-2006, 05:13 PM
hopefully this will sink his presidential aspirations.

...but it'll probably take a few more dumba** quotes.

oldandslow
07-06-2006, 05:49 PM
hopefully this will sink his presidential aspirations.

...but it'll probably take a few more dumba** quotes.

He has no chance. Never did.

WilliamTheIrish
07-06-2006, 06:10 PM
It's a real bitch when the truth gets used in this way.

mikey23545
07-06-2006, 09:48 PM
If he was a Republican, JIz would have a sig line about him needing to be executed....

jAZ
07-06-2006, 11:08 PM
What an asshole. How stupid do you have to be to say such a thing as a politician.

patteeu
07-07-2006, 10:22 AM
I don't really see anything wrong with it, but I'm sure it would be front page news if it was a Republican saying it.

Patriot 21
07-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Biden is an ignorant bastard.

But he did no more than make a tongue in cheek comment. Agreed, if it were a (R) they would be drawn and quartered by the media.

But it doesn't matter. He made joke, one which is probably true. :) It's unfortunate that we are seeing conservatives supporting the PC way of thinking, just because Biden is leftist scum.

Bootlegged
07-07-2006, 01:02 PM
I like Biden, aside from his politics, looks and personality.

SBK
07-07-2006, 04:04 PM
Biden is an ignorant bastard.

But he did no more than make a tongue in cheek comment. Agreed, if it were a (R) they would be drawn and quartered by the media.

But it doesn't matter. He made joke, one which is probably true. :) It's unfortunate that we are seeing conservatives supporting the PC way of thinking, just because Biden is leftist scum.

No, we're making fun of him because what he said doesn't go along with the type of crap that he spews at the right.

It's also funny when lefties, who often feel the need to refer to conservatives as homophobes, racists, bigots, Hitler etc.., find themselves saying something that they accuse the right of thinking.....

jAZ
07-07-2006, 05:29 PM
I don't really see anything wrong with it, but I'm sure it would be front page news if it was a Republican saying it.
It was all over cable news all day long.

Reaper16
07-07-2006, 09:53 PM
Again with the completely fictional "liberal media" schtick. It's as old and worn out as Leno's monologues.

jAZ
07-08-2006, 12:17 AM
I'll give him credit... he's found a response that will diffuse the controversy and he's much more eloquent in his explanation of his comments (without backing down) here on CNN than he was in his original comments.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UIy9_oOSndM"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UIy9_oOSndM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Bootlegged
07-08-2006, 07:45 AM
I'll give him credit... he's found a response that will diffuse the controversy and he's much more eloquent in his explanation of his comments (without backing down) here on CNN than he was in his original comments.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UIy9_oOSndM"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UIy9_oOSndM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

So, how does a middle class Indian obtain a green card when the quals are you have to be able to perform a job skill that no American citizen can? We are now passing out green cards to immigrants to open 7-11's? Nice try Joe.

patteeu
07-08-2006, 11:15 AM
It was all over cable news all day long.

I don't get cable. Did it make the front page of the NYTimes? I see you posted CNN's effort to help him salvage his image though.

banyon
07-08-2006, 11:24 AM

jAZ that was pretty unconvincing to me. He basivally tries to evade and say that he meant that the Indians he referred to were "buying up" Dunkin Donuts and that he did not mean that they were working there.

First that's a pretty unlikely business to name as an example of ownership trends. Second, he said "that you can't go into a Dunkin Donuts without seeing an Indian". Now that means he is looking at employees unless he is serviced by the owner of the establishment everytime he gets a donut, which is very far-fetched IMO.

It's not Trent Lott, but at least Trent Lott owned up to his mistake. This "apology" makes me think less of Biden than the original act.