PDA

View Full Version : Royals featured on Outside the Lines right now.

wutamess
07-06-2006, 10:44 PM
Special on how bad the "tirdbirds" suck

Guru
07-06-2006, 10:46 PM
They actually need to waste time talking about that?

Moooo
07-06-2006, 10:51 PM
This is good stuff... It may seem like they're driving KC into the ground, but they're just doing a good job exposing what's going on.

Made me a little sick whenever they mentioned our 2000 outfield: Dye, Damon, and Beltran... :( I wonder where we'd be if we had them... I bet we'd be selling more than our 15-20k a game tickets...

Moooo

tk13
07-06-2006, 10:52 PM
That's the first time I've ever seen Posnanski do a TV interview.

noa
07-06-2006, 10:54 PM
This is tough to watch, and yet I can't turn away. I especially hated watching David Glass say "this is the worst season of baseball I've ever been involved with" at the Dayton Moore press conference. Glass doesn't deserve any pity, just shame for what he has done to our team and our city. At least they interviewed the right guy about the sad state of the Royals -- Posnanski.

noa
07-06-2006, 10:55 PM
This is good stuff... It may seem like they're driving KC into the ground, but they're just doing a good job exposing what's going on.

Made me a little sick whenever they mentioned our 2000 outfield: Dye, Damon, and Beltran... :( I wonder where we'd be if we had them... I bet we'd be selling more than our 15-20k a game tickets...

Moooo

Not only was that our outfield that year, but Mike Sweeney hit 144 RBI's. How could we possibly justify breaking that up?

Moooo
07-06-2006, 10:56 PM
Not only was that our outfield that year, but Mike Sweeney hit 144 RBI's. How could we possibly justify breaking that up?

:banghead:

Moooo

wutamess
07-06-2006, 10:57 PM

Sweeney was/is the ultimate choke artist.
He probably had 140 of the RBI's with noone on base and we were down by 10 runs.

tk13
07-06-2006, 10:58 PM
I think that gets overblown a bit... that was a great offense, no doubt, but we still never developed any pitching. That was a great offense in 2000, and we still had a losing record. Even if we'd kept all those guys, we still wouldn't have spent any money on pitching and/or developed it.

Moooo
07-06-2006, 10:58 PM
He probably had 140 of the RBI's with noone on base and we were down by 10 runs.

ROFL

Moooo

Moooo
07-06-2006, 11:00 PM
I think that gets overblown a bit... that was a great offense, no doubt, but we still never developed any pitching. That was a great offense in 2000, and we still had a losing record. Even if we'd kept all those guys, we still wouldn't have spent any money on pitching and/or developed it.

Which goes back to what Posnanski was saying... We don't spend enough in development.

At this point we need to take a blueprint of the Marlins (yes, the Marlins) and see where the 20 games difference is being won at.

Moooo

wutamess
07-06-2006, 11:00 PM
ROFL

Moooo

I just realized that now that you pointed it out.
It's actually funnier than I intended it to be.

Moooo
07-06-2006, 11:02 PM
I just realized that now that you pointed it out.
It's actually funnier than I intended it to be.

That the first laugh I've had all day. God bless typos...

Moooo

Pitt Gorilla
07-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Not one mention of how well the team has been playing as of late. I guess I should have expected that.

Moooo
07-06-2006, 11:06 PM
Not one mention of how well the team has been playing as of late. I guess I should have expected that.

It would kind of defeat the purpose, I think. Good play over the last 3-4 weeks or not, the problems are still glaring, and much longer lasting.

Like I said before, we need to take a bluepring of another small-revenue team like the Marlins, and see what they are doing to make the 20 games a year difference.

Moooo

tk13
07-06-2006, 11:10 PM
That's not true. In his prime Sweeney was clutch... people forget just how great of a hitter he was. In fact somebody did a study on that where they studied how well people did in late game situations and ranked the top 25 clutch hitters over the last 3 decades or so, and Sweeney was on it.

Pitt Gorilla
07-06-2006, 11:10 PM
It would kind of defeat the purpose, I think. Good play over the last 3-4 weeks or not, the problems are still glaring, and much longer lasting.

Like I said before, we need to take a bluepring of another small-revenue team like the Marlins, and see what they are doing to make the 20 games a year difference.

MooooUh, their "blueprint" is called playing in the NL.

wutamess
07-06-2006, 11:17 PM
That's not true. In his prime Sweeney was clutch... people forget just how great of a hitter he was. In fact somebody did a study on that where they studied how well people did in late game situations and ranked the top 25 clutch hitters over the last 3 decades or so, and Sweeney was on it.

I'll believe it when i see it.
From everything I remember of Sweeney, he was good for 1-2 RBI's when we were down by 10 runs, but put him on with 2 runners on base and we're down by 2-3 I'll bet 9 times outta 10 he choked.

I onyl remember Sweeney hitting 2 clutch HR's.
Only 2.

Miles
07-06-2006, 11:17 PM

It definitly seems that many consider him to be one of those Richard Hidalgo types that just pulled one great year out of his ass. He clearly was no.

Moooo
07-06-2006, 11:26 PM
Uh, their "blueprint" is called playing in the NL.

I'm sorry, I don't believe that's it. I think they're a better team than us. But I could be wrong.

Even Tampa Bay is 8 games better than us, has to play in the same division as NY and Boston, and yet is managing to be 8 games better than us.

Moooo

Miles
07-06-2006, 11:35 PM
Uh, their "blueprint" is called playing in the NL.

That argument doesn't really work. The whole AL dominating the NL is very recent.

Miles
07-06-2006, 11:36 PM
Even Tampa Bay is 8 games better than us, has to play in the same division as NY and Boston, and yet is managing to be 8 games better than us.

Moooo

Tampa is pretty loaded with young talent too.

KILLER_CLOWN
07-07-2006, 12:19 AM

This is true, his average with runners in scoring position is also top 5 among active players or was last year.

noa
07-07-2006, 12:21 AM
It definitly seems that many consider him to be one of those Richard Hidalgo types that just pulled one great year out of his ass. He clearly was no.

Well, if he still had the protection of a line-up consisting of Damon, Dye, and Beltran, who knows how good he'd be? His huge year was thanks in large part to the overall quality of the roster, but he still deserves credit for that. Its tough to expect any hitter to perform consistently with the way our team is now.

dj56dt58
07-07-2006, 12:39 AM
If that's true then he probably should have been tested for steroids...

Demonpenz
07-07-2006, 12:44 AM
we are lucky we didn
t keep dye he didn't come back from breaking his leg strong until last year. That would have been 4 years of dead weight on our roster

Demonpenz
07-07-2006, 12:50 AM
somepeople sure have shitty memories. Here is a game winning homerun from this year

Royals | Sweeney homer is latest success against White Sox
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 22:06:11 -0700

The Chicago Tribune's Mark Gonzales reports Kansas City Royals DH Mike Sweeney hit a game-winning two-run homer Saturday, April 8 to guide the Royals to a 4-3 victory over the Chicago White Sox. It was the 29th time Sweeney has homered against the White Sox.

wutamess
07-07-2006, 01:55 AM
I said 2 times.
Once this year with the low pitch swing & once a couple of years ago.

Saulbadguy
07-07-2006, 07:03 AM
I'm tired of hearing about Dye, Beltran, Damon, etc. Good teams start and end with Pitching.

Saulbadguy
07-07-2006, 07:05 AM
Through 84 Games

1962 Mets: 23-61
2003 Tigers: 20-64
2005 Royals: 28-56

2006 Royals: 30-54

kc1977
07-07-2006, 07:10 AM

I don't wonder what would have happened - we still would have sucked. Over the last 15 years, we have developed no pitching that would have allowed any lineup involving Dye, Damon, Beltran, and Sweeney in their prime be successful.

Yeah - it sucks that they left - I would have loved to watch them play together - but no matter how well they played wouldn't have taken away from the fact that we have never had a quality pitching staff during that time.

kc1977
07-07-2006, 07:11 AM
At least they interviewed the right guy about the sad state of the Royals -- Posnanski.

Why would a lifelong Cleveland Indians fan be the "right guy" to interview about the sad state of the Royals?

beavis
07-07-2006, 08:01 AM
I don't wonder what would have happened - we still would have sucked. Over the last 15 years, we have developed no pitching that would have allowed any lineup involving Dye, Damon, Beltran, and Sweeney in their prime be successful.

Yeah - it sucks that they left - I would have loved to watch them play together - but no matter how well they played wouldn't have taken away from the fact that we have never had a quality pitching staff during that time.
Precisely. Trading Dye, Damon, and Beltran isn't what's killed us, it's what we got in return for them.

Ari Chi3fs
07-07-2006, 08:04 AM
Through 84 Games

1962 Mets: 23-61
2003 Tigers: 20-64
2005 Royals: 28-56

2006 Royals: 30-54

Nice we keep this up, and we will avoid 100 losses. and that would be a small victory.

Demonpenz
07-07-2006, 08:07 AM
I said 2 times.
Once this year with the low pitch swing & once a couple of years ago.

the one this year and the the cards one right? :) Thats the ones that come to mind.

morphius
07-07-2006, 08:55 AM
Royals issues are easy to explain, really. Small market teams need to develop young players, and Glass runs out and tries for the cheap developmental coaches, and not the best he can. Then there is the whole avoiding players in the draft because they might cost us too much. Then when we have young talent on the team we find out the way to spend all of our money on the one that can only be bothered to be without a hangnail a full 1/3 of the year.

You can draft all the great prospects in the world, and trade away your great talent for even better prospects, but if they sit down in aa or aaa with no coaches that can help them improve, then you are just waisting that players time and your money.

Of course after the whole "Committe to Waste K's Money", it is going to take a lot for me to forgive Glass.