PDA

View Full Version : Rob Zombie concert

ChiefsOne
07-07-2006, 01:50 PM
Has anybody seen him before? He is here tomorrow night and I am thinking about taking my 11 year old son. Is he graphic?

MOhillbilly
07-07-2006, 01:52 PM
i sawed him inhalf once.

goodtimes.

ck_IN
07-07-2006, 01:53 PM
All I know is he makes gawd awful movies. Land of 1000 corpses! :cuss:

Gonzo
07-07-2006, 01:58 PM
He's coming to Omaha in a couple weeks. I saw him with pantera, pretty good show back in the day. You would get a contact high just walking in that place.

morphius
07-07-2006, 01:59 PM
The only thing graphic that I remember is the satanic symbols. Other then that though, he rocked.

BIG_DADDY
07-07-2006, 01:59 PM
Devil man, devil man duh, duh, duh duh. 666 on the drums. Yea he is a little heavy.

Moooo
07-07-2006, 02:00 PM
I wouldn't take an 11 year old to Zombie. I wouldn't be worried about Rob as much as I'd be worried about the people around you moshing, drunk off their asses, the beautiful haze of illegal smoke which would loom overhead.

Moooo

Reerun_KC
07-07-2006, 02:00 PM
doubt I nor my kids would go to something like that. Every.. dude is a tool....

Moooo
07-07-2006, 02:01 PM
Devil man, devil man duh, duh, duh duh. 666 on the drums. Yea he is a little heavy.

"Jesus lived his life in a cheap hotel on the edge of route 66, yeaah, he lived a dark and a twisted life, and then he came right back just to do it agaiiin."

Yeah, a little heavy.

Moooo

joel_barlow
07-07-2006, 02:02 PM
should be a memorable experience

ChiefsOne
07-07-2006, 02:05 PM
I wouldn't take an 11 year old to Zombie. I wouldn't be worried about Rob as much as I'd be worried about the people around you moshing, drunk off their asses, the beautiful haze of illegal smoke which would loom overhead.

Moooo

It is an all ages show and outside.

ChiefsOne
07-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Zombie is headlining, here is the line up:

Anthrax
Trapt
Shinedown
Evan's Blue

Moooo
07-07-2006, 02:08 PM
It is an all ages show and outside.

I'd still be skeptical, but then I'm one of those guys who thinks you shouldn't go to stuff like that with your kids until highschool.

Things will probably be fine, but he's gonna hear a lot of cussing (if that's a big deal), probably some sort of agression, some illegal substances being used (outside or not), and probably some nudity.

Moooo

luv
07-07-2006, 02:09 PM

Anthrax
Trapt
Shinedown
Evan's Blue
Is that tomorrow night? I was thinking it was in September. Aren't they going to be at Hammons Field?

Reerun_KC
07-07-2006, 02:15 PM
Okay, I have taken my kids this year to see Bon Jovi, Fall out Boy, All american Rejects, Hawthorne Heights, Poison and Cinderella. But Zombie is just alittle to twisted for my tastes. Each is his own.

Son = 9 Daughter = 13

My son and I went to Poison and Cinderella last night at the OKC Zoo.. He had a blast. I think it was alittle to racey for him, but the ladies around him sure adored him. Lucky!!!

patteeu
07-07-2006, 02:19 PM
He's supposed to put on a pretty good show, but I don't know if it's too intense for an 11 yo. I'd guess that it would be alright if he's with you though. How bad can it be? Maybe a little horror or a few scantily clad go go girls, and a lot of extremely loud music, but that's all just good clean fun as far as I'm concerned.

Mr. Laz
07-07-2006, 02:20 PM
11 years old is a little young for Zombie time

jmo

Brock
07-07-2006, 02:25 PM
That's a pretty bad idea.

ChiefsOne
07-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Is that tomorrow night? I was thinking it was in September. Aren't they going to be at Hammons Field?

Yes, tomorrow night. Not at Hammon's Field, it's going to be at Jordan Valley Fields - Mill Street and Campbell.

ChiefsOne
07-07-2006, 02:40 PM
He's supposed to put on a pretty good show, but I don't know if it's too intense for an 11 yo. I'd guess that it would be alright if he's with you though. How bad can it be? Maybe a little horror or a few scantily clad go go girls, and a lot of extremely loud music, but that's all just good clean fun as far as I'm concerned.

That's exactly what I am thinking. My wife is OK with it too, but she said if it gets bad I better leave.

Pitt Gorilla
07-07-2006, 02:42 PM

Anthrax
Trapt
Shinedown
Evan's BlueThat sounds like an incredible show (although Zombie's stuff is getting stale). Those bands will rock.

Swanman
07-07-2006, 03:32 PM

Anthrax
Trapt
Shinedown
Evan's Blue

That's a nice, yet weird lineup. The bottom three bands are all perfectly fine for an 11-year-old, Evan's Blue is a Christian band I think. Shinedown and Trapt are basically top-40 rock. For Anthrax, keep the 11-year-old far away from any mosh pits. Anthrax is an amazing band live, but the mosh pits can get pretty intense, especially if they play songs like Caught in a Mosh and Bring the Noise. Rob Zombie is also amazing live. If you don't mind satanic symbols (all done in a cartoonish way, Zombie obviously does not worship Satan, at least I don't think so) and some bad language, it will be perfectly fine, just stay back from the stage or if they have seats, even better. Have fun at the show. Your kid has a cool dad.

DJJasonp
07-07-2006, 03:36 PM
All I know is he makes gawd awful movies. Land of 1000 corpses! :cuss:

respectfully disagree....I thought 1000 corpses and it's sequel rocked.

He doesnt pull any punches with the violence (like many of the watered-down hollywood horror movies).

1000 corpses seemed like a cross between natural born killers and texas chainsaw massacre.

for a concert though....I would leave the kid at home...