PDA

View Full Version : Good news Rush fans

Mr. Flopnuts
07-11-2006, 03:46 PM
Thanks to Halfcan for introducing me to this site. NEW ALBUM AND TOUR BABY!!!!!

http://www.rushisaband.com/display.php?id=414

Mr. Flopnuts
07-11-2006, 04:02 PM
On a side note. For those of you who do not like Rush, I thought I'd post a little exerpt from the OSU newspaper.

Maybe you think Rush is a dork band. Maybe you can't get past Geddy Lee's vocals. Maybe you just totally suck. Don't let any of these facts keep you from listening to this rad band. I could tell you about how much you'll learn about integrity, creativity, and stuff like that from their awesome lyrics, but the most valuable lesson you can learn is that if you don't like Rush, The Sentinel staff will consider coming to your house to beat you up.

http://www.rushisaband.com/display.php?id=487

Fish
07-11-2006, 06:02 PM
On a side note. For those of you who do not like Rush, I thought I'd post a little exerpt from the OSU newspaper.

Maybe you think Rush is a dork band. Maybe you can't get past Geddy Lee's vocals. Maybe you just totally suck. Don't let any of these facts keep you from listening to this rad band. I could tell you about how much you'll learn about integrity, creativity, and stuff like that from their awesome lyrics, but the most valuable lesson you can learn is that if you don't like Rush, The Sentinel staff will consider coming to your house to beat you up.

http://www.rushisaband.com/display.php?id=487

Umm... yeah.... when defending a dork band, tell people the band is rad instead.... that'll do it.....

And as for the threat at the end.... yeah.... send the Butterfly Brigade to my house and we'll see how many Rush fans are left standing....

old_geezer
07-11-2006, 07:49 PM
I'm a newbie to the "rock" scene. I had never heard Rush before last night when there was a special live performance on one of the VHF channels. The band opened with about 5 minutes of nothing but instruments and I was thinking "not bad". Then the lead singer started and I realized why he had kept quiet so long. Think Don Knotts with a cold and you've got it. My rock "mentor" had told me "You'll either love Rush or you'll hate them. There doesn't seem to be any in between."

Put me firmly in the "hate them" catagory.

KcMizzou
07-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Then the lead singer started and I realized why he had kept quiet so long. Think Don Knotts with a cold and you've got it. ROFL

kc rush
07-16-2006, 12:07 AM
Can't wait. I was really encouraged by Neil's thoughts from his site.

I've given up trying to "convert" people into becoming fans. Not worth the frustration. However, I've never understood the hostility shown towards Rush. If you don't like it, cool, don't listen.

|Zach|
07-16-2006, 09:22 AM
Yup

the Talking Can
07-16-2006, 09:44 AM
another band that doesn't know when to quit and preserve what's left of its legacy...

Moooo
07-16-2006, 05:44 PM
"OF SAALESMEN!!!"

ChiefFripp
07-16-2006, 06:48 PM
I neither love or hate Rush. I like quite a few of their songs but the mood really has to hit me to want to listen to them, they're not a band I can put on at any moment. About three or four times out of the year, I'll have a Rush day.

Halfcan
07-21-2006, 12:36 AM
I neither love or hate Rush. I like quite a few of their songs but the mood really has to hit me to want to listen to them, they're not a band I can put on at any moment. About three or four times out of the year, I'll have a Rush day.

I have a Rush day everyday!

Halfcan
07-21-2006, 12:39 AM
another band that doesn't know when to quit and preserve what's left of its legacy...

Guess you didn't hear Vapor Trails or Feedback. Two incredible cd's. VP has landed in my top five, and I think one of their best since Signal's.

Halfcan
07-21-2006, 12:43 AM
I'm a newbie to the "rock" scene. I had never heard Rush before last night when there was a special live performance on one of the VHF channels. The band opened with about 5 minutes of nothing but instruments and I was thinking "not bad". Then the lead singer started and I realized why he had kept quiet so long. Think Don Knotts with a cold and you've got it. My rock "mentor" had told me "You'll either love Rush or you'll hate them. There doesn't seem to be any in between."

I love Geddy's voice. It has grown even better with age. I will never understand all the Geddy hate. He is the best bass player in the world, writes incredible music, plays keyboards and guitar, and is one of the best singers ever.

Nowdays, most singers just scream in the microphone or Rap-which is even worse-and Geddy gets shit on-I just don't get it.

Halfcan
07-21-2006, 12:43 AM
Thanks to Halfcan for introducing me to this site. NEW ALBUM AND TOUR BABY!!!!!

http://www.rushisaband.com/display.php?id=414

Did you check out the trailor boys episode with Alex in it yet?? ROFL ROFL ROFL

Halfcan
07-21-2006, 12:48 AM
Can't wait. I was really encouraged by Neil's thoughts from his site.

I've given up trying to "convert" people into becoming fans. Not worth the frustration. However, I've never understood the hostility shown towards Rush. If you don't like it, cool, don't listen.

The hostility is pretty simple-most folks are mindless idiotic sheep that blindly follow whatever shitflavor of the month the record companies put out. Oh the critics don't like Rush-so I better not listen. Put on Kelly Clarkson for the millionth time-she is an IDOL!

Rush is a band that has always followed their own path and keep getting better.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-21-2006, 07:35 PM
The hostility is pretty simple-most folks are mindless idiotic sheep that blindly follow whatever shitflavor of the month the record companies put out. Oh the critics don't like Rush-so I better not listen. Put on Kelly Clarkson for the millionth time-she is an IDOL!

Rush is a band that has always followed their own path and keep getting better.

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrep.

Brock
07-21-2006, 08:23 PM
I don't hate Rush. I just think it's pretty obvious that they're 20 years past their prime. I'd still go see them in concert, but it's for the same reason I'd go see Van Halen. Nostalgia.

Halfcan
07-21-2006, 11:06 PM
I don't hate Rush. I just think it's pretty obvious that they're 20 years past their prime. I'd still go see them in concert, but it's for the same reason I'd go see Van Halen. Nostalgia.

20 years? The have only been around 30 years. So 2/3 of their music is nostalgia?? There is life after Tom Sawyer.

Most bands can't even stay together that long, not to mention the tragedy that Neil overcame. Rush made a huge comeback, that went unnoticed by the c#cksuckers called music critics.

Vaportrails was a very solid CD, expecially for what they were going through at the time. The covers on Feedback, were the best versions ever recorded of those tired old songs.

Rush in Rio-sold 5 mil units so far.
Rush-R30-3 mil plus so far.
Rush-ReplayX3-Over a million.

Not bad for a over the hill band. They could be puzzy sellouts like Aerosmith, Def Leppard, Meatalicca, or Bon Blowme.

Their next CD should be their best stuff in decades and push them over 50 mil units worldwide-not counting DVD's.