PDA

View Full Version : Any of you nerds playing the NCAA 07 360 demo?

ZootedGranny
07-13-2006, 03:32 PM
"My cousin H.G. in D.C. is a PA for BET, so he's gonna need the CD ASAP, OK?"

It hit the marketplace last night, and I've probably put 4 or 5 hours into it, despite it being limited to 4 1 minute quarters. Definitely better than Madden on the 360, but not quite as good as NCAA on the Xbox/PS2.

Quick thoughts:

You can really work the passing lanes. Whereas in previous iterations a pass down the middle to a TE would somehow be broken up by a trailing MLB, now you can fit the ball in there. Also, you can now complete flat routes against a dime man defense if your WR beats the CB off of the LoS. Corner routes still seem to be too easy one on one.

They've fixed the player control from Madden 360. It's nowhere near as stiff, and now I feel I can make a play on a deep ball any time.

I am concerned with some impressions from people who have the retail game:

-MICROTRANSACTIONS. Get ready to have to pay for alternate uniforms.

-No same system (or Live) co-op. I play mostly single player dynasty, but the rest of the time I play co-op...why the **** isn't this included?

-No equipment editing. When creating a player, the game generates his equipment based on position.

-Only one camera angle. The angle is much better than Madden 360's, but I'd rather create a custom cam.

OnTheWarpath58
07-13-2006, 06:40 PM
Looking forward to Tuesday.......

Might download it from Xbox Live......might not.

I've always passed on NCAA for Madden, but it looks too good to pass up this time around.

Ultra Peanut
07-13-2006, 09:06 PM
-No same system (or Live) co-op. I play mostly single player dynasty, but the rest of the time I play co-op...why the **** isn't this included?

-No equipment editing. When creating a player, the game generates his equipment based on position. Oh, for...

**** you, Tiburon/EA. Asshats.

I'm not even going to download the demo when I get my 360.*

*That's a lie.

htismaqe
07-14-2006, 08:30 AM
NCAA >>> Madden every year since 2003

Reaper16
07-14-2006, 11:20 AM
ROFL @ random "Dog Bites Man" reference.

I really hate the idea of microtransactions for every little thing. It upsets me. Pay for alt unis? Ugh.

Fruit Ninja
07-14-2006, 12:46 PM
if its an EA football game it sux.

Wish freaking 2k would make a damn football game, even if generic.

I used to own folks on xbox live in 2k5. Even with the Chiefs crappy Defense. I miss the days i got stuck all night playing it. Online of course, only way to go.