PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Ticket

jlscorpio
07-13-2006, 07:38 PM
I remember someone posting on her awhile back that said that DirecTV throws in FREE NFL Sunday Ticket for signing up for service about a month into the season. Can anyone confirm this???

alanm
07-13-2006, 07:48 PM
I remember someone posting on her awhile back that said that DirecTV throws in FREE NFL Sunday Ticket for signing up for service about a month into the season. Can anyone confirm this???
That someone must have been dreaming. :shake:

OnTheWarpath58
07-13-2006, 07:53 PM

Got it backwards....

Purchase the Ticket and get 4 months free of the Premier package.

New subscribers only, IIRC.

Somebody ring the batphone for Skip........

ChiefFan31
07-13-2006, 08:30 PM

Its possible man. I had that deal, but also it was when I first signed up. Of course they throw all the good deals to the new customers.

If your willing to call them up, which you may have to do several times to get the deal you want, it is possible...

Then again, maybe not. :)

Chan93lx50
07-13-2006, 09:05 PM
Hmmm, I cancelled my DirectV after football season, I wonder if they would consider me a new customer if I buy a new reciever and all that jazz

Halfcan
07-13-2006, 09:28 PM
I can neither confirm or deny that at this particle moment in time.

chappy
07-14-2006, 07:09 PM
Can you have Cable and DirecTv?

dtebbe
07-14-2006, 07:57 PM

They do that just about every year, but usually not until half-way thru the season.

Just do a quick usenet search of "free sunday ticket" I found threads as far back as 1997 about the
deal (http://groups.google.com/group/rec.video.satellite.dbs/browse_thread/thread/7c81858122845d0c) .

The hot deals right now are either free "Super Fan" ie. HD package, or 4 months free Total Choice Premier.

DT

Bob Dole
07-15-2006, 08:58 AM

Why couldn't you?

58-4ever
07-15-2006, 09:07 AM
Why couldn't you?

Yes you can, but I'm pretty sure you don't get free Sunday ticket for signing up. The 4 months of Platinum sounds right, but then you have to keep that package for a year and it's 100 dollars a month.
:rolleyes:

Baconeater
07-15-2006, 09:30 AM
If the question you are really asking is "Can I keep my cable and just have DirecTv for the Sunday Ticket only?", the answer is no.

jlscorpio
07-16-2006, 05:38 PM
I really want to get Sunday Ticket back after being w/o last year. I was a subscriber for about 7 years prior. $70/mo seems a little steep to me to pay to watch the chiefs play on TV, though. I can catch around half the games on my local networks here. I think it was $50/mo when I last had it in '04. I just have basic cable now, but will upgrade to digital and maybe HD to at least get the Donks thanksgiving game. Then there's dish network. Any bebefits to getting that? I know direcTV has all rights to the Sunday Ticket, but is it possible to pick up ANY additional games on dish network? Having NFL network in HD would be cool, as I am getting an HDTV in FEB and can go HD with my present TV, I think. Any "expert" opinions out there? S.O.S.