PDA

View Full Version : stock market doldrums

oldandslow
07-14-2006, 10:27 AM
If oil holds at around 80.... (It's at 79.10 as I type)

I think the Dow may end up on the wrong side of 10,000 in a few days. We are down another 100 this A/M

ouch.

I don't like to play the market in the summer and usually buy in sept., sell in late april - but if it gets much lower I might try to pick up a little.

Donger
07-14-2006, 10:28 AM
I wonder if the Fed is going to start dropping the rate any time soon?

oldandslow
07-14-2006, 10:29 AM
I wonder if the Fed is going to start dropping the rate any time soon?

They need too, imo.

However, with inflationary pressure of energy they will probably keep raising the rate.

Iowanian
07-14-2006, 10:30 AM
I don't think it's going to be as bad as you think. I've sent money to my investment guy to buy soon.

The oil prices are serious, but I think the rest of the problems causing this are fickleness of the market.

oldandslow
07-14-2006, 10:34 AM
I don't think it's going to be as bad as you think. I've sent money to my investment guy to buy soon.

The oil prices are serious, but I think the rest of the problems causing this are fickleness of the market.

Never said the sky was falling....

Iowanian
07-14-2006, 10:44 AM
you pretty much wear a hardhat outside every day from what I can tell.

sd4chiefs
07-14-2006, 10:52 AM
When the price of oil goes up my energy stocks go up but not this time. :shake:

Brock
07-14-2006, 10:52 AM
you pretty much wear a hardhat outside every day from what I can tell.

ROFL

Iowanian
07-14-2006, 11:05 AM
I'm not a serious or seasoned investor....I'm fairly new to it, and don't buy individual shares at this time...I've got alot to learn.

I hope the chicken littles DO drive the market down for a couple of more days, then my guy can take my money and buy in for my daughter's funds and our personal stuff, and I'll make a killing right off the bat on the run up.

I invest for the longterm, so alot of the stuff that cause these problems seem fairly temporary to me, outside of oil issues.....which is why I bought into biodiesel.