PDA

View Full Version : Any Law and Order Fans out there?

hypersensitiveZO6
07-14-2006, 02:00 PM
I'm a huge one. And NO, this is not a Ty Law thread.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-14-2006, 02:01 PM
I'm a recently converted fan of that show. I like SVU and CI. I find it to be more compelling than CSI and the rest. Although I watch CSI and even a little Monk now and again. (Must be the OCD) :p

Mr. Kotter
07-14-2006, 02:02 PM
I'm a huge fan. It's the only show I watch regularly. :thumb:

BigRock
07-14-2006, 02:04 PM
I used to watch every week, but I got less interested when Jerry Orbach left (RIP). He really helped make the show, IMO.

Fish
07-14-2006, 02:14 PM
The only episode of Law and Order I've watched was the one where the short chub detective pissed his pants....

why I post this, I don't know......

DaKCMan AP
07-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Is it true that they're going to sign Ty Law to bring Order to the show?

MahiMike
07-14-2006, 02:15 PM
no. there are not...

Tatertot13
07-14-2006, 02:16 PM
Brisco and Fontana are the shiznit!

Tatertot13
07-14-2006, 02:22 PM
I also really liked the show, "Conviction" , that was done by the same producers. Hopefully they'll bring that one back.

unlurking
07-14-2006, 02:28 PM
Used to love Homicide and Law & Order. Unfortunately they just saturated the market with too many crime shows. Got pretty bored with them.

cmh6476
07-14-2006, 02:56 PM
we got Ty Law?

Baby Lee
07-14-2006, 02:59 PM
I also really liked the show, "Conviction" , that was done by the same producers. Hopefully they'll bring that one back.
Bad news.
Not renewed.
No final word on retaining the team and shooting as a mid-season replacement, but L&O [the pappy of the franchise] is moving into it's Friday time slot, and Conviction portion of NBC website is gone.
Too bad, Julianne Nicholson/Christina Finn was my JV TV crush, right behind Pam Beasley.

Pitt Gorilla
07-14-2006, 03:00 PM
I used to watch the A&E reruns daily. I really haven't watched any of the new ones. Briscoe and Logan were a great team.

beer bacon
07-14-2006, 03:01 PM
I really like Ty Law. I heard he recently put in an order for the lumber he is going to use to build his new house in Johnson County.

Baby Lee
07-14-2006, 03:03 PM
I used to watch the A&E reruns daily. I really haven't watched any of the new ones. Briscoe and Logan were a great team.
In case you were unaware, Logan is back as the JV team [teamed up w/Annabella Sciorra] on L&O Criminal Intent.

Mr. Kotter
07-14-2006, 03:07 PM
I have a confession:

One time last year, I was home without my family.....and I tuned into a Law and Order Marathon on A&E or TBS, or some cable channel. I watched for 9 straight hours. That's as much non-news/non-sports TV as I usually watch in a month. I hadn't done that in 20 years. It was great.

I didn't even post on the Planet during commercials.... :spock:

Pitt Gorilla
07-14-2006, 03:09 PM
In case you were unaware, Logan is back as the JV team [teamed up w/Annabella Sciorra] on L&O Criminal Intent.Cool. I'm glad it's not SVU/SUV, because that main dude makes me ill.

Mr. Kotter
07-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Cool. I'm glad it's not SVU/SUV, because that main dude makes me ill.

Stabler? :spock:

He's my friggin' hero, man.

Imagine that....ROFL

Brock
07-14-2006, 03:12 PM
Hopefully, the next murder they investigate will be Sam Waterston.

Mr. Kotter
07-14-2006, 03:16 PM
Hopefully, the next murder they investigate will be Sam Waterston.

On SVU, I think either Olivia or Elliot are gonna get together.....or one of 'em is gonna get capped. Too much inuendo in last years episodes, to leave it hanging....unless Stabler gets back with his family.

Tatertot13
07-14-2006, 03:18 PM
Bad news.
Not renewed.
No final word on retaining the team and shooting as a mid-season replacement, but L&O [the pappy of the franchise] is moving into it's Friday time slot, and Conviction portion of NBC website is gone.
Too bad, Julianne Nicholson/Christina Finn was my JV TV crush, right behind Pam Beasley.

Well that sucks

morphius
07-14-2006, 03:26 PM
I used to watch it, but it has reached overkill status with me. I still enjoy it on ocassion, just normally look for something else to watch first.

Mr. Kotter
07-14-2006, 03:28 PM
I used to watch it, but it has reached overkill status with me. I still enjoy it on ocassion, just normally look for something else to watch first.

Overkill? You wanna talk overkill....let's talk ER. There is a show that is the friggin' Freddie Kruger of TV shows...the fugger just won't DIE. And should have, about 10 years ago. Every once in awhile I catch part of it, just to see if it can get any more lame....and I've never been disappointed.

sedated
07-14-2006, 03:47 PM
I cannot stand SVU anymore.

It's so over the top.

And isn't it supposed to be Law AND Order?

All they talk about is the cops, the lawyers come in for like the last 10 minutes.

That lawyer chick is fine. They need to have a whole show dedicated to her...on Skinemax...doing naughty things

Baby Lee
07-14-2006, 03:48 PM
That lawyer chick is fine. They need to have a whole show dedicated to her...on Skinemax...doing naughty things
Is that because she's a lesbian?

:rolleyes: -groan.

Seriously tho' which lawyer chick? The redhead on SVU? Not too shabby, but not the Alpha chick in the stable.

chagrin
07-14-2006, 03:49 PM
I watched every episode of Law & Order from the first episode (when it originally aired) and I stopped watching it when Jerry O. passed away. Since then I have tried to continue with it but I have never liked Dennis Farina and I did not care for his character.

chagrin
07-14-2006, 03:50 PM
It will be interesting to know who replaces Farina and the the ADA chick, never liked her either...btw how's Elisabeth's Rohm's movie career working out?

Baby Lee
07-14-2006, 03:50 PM
I watched every episode of Law & Order from the first episode (when it originally aired) and I stopped watching it when Jerry O. passed away. Since then I have tried to continue with it but I have never liked Dennis Farina and I did not care for his character.
Every time I see him, strains of 'The Wanderer' drift into my mind.

chagrin
07-14-2006, 03:51 PM
And wtf happened to Munch?

Honestly SVU is good but it has become unwatchable (my opinion)

Homocide: Life on the streets was the best, in it's first 3 years anyway

Predarat
07-14-2006, 03:53 PM
My wife is a big fan of LandO, which pretty much makes me a big fan of LandO.

morphius
07-14-2006, 03:56 PM
Overkill? You wanna talk overkill....let's talk ER. There is a show that is the friggin' Freddie Kruger of TV shows...the fugger just won't DIE. And should have, about 10 years ago. Every once in awhile I catch part of it, just to see if it can get any more lame....and I've never been disappointed.
Eh, the difference is that it is easy to miss ER, but you can find one of the L&O shows on nearly 24x7.

Thats not to say that ER shouldn't die, mind you.

Nzoner
07-14-2006, 03:56 PM
I prefer SVU to the original but still watch both on a regular basis.

Nzoner
07-14-2006, 03:58 PM
but you can find one of the L&O shows on nearly 24x7.

I like to think I'm part of the reason for that as a few years back we were chosen as a Nielson Family and I wrote L&O down everytime it was on. :D

chagrin
07-14-2006, 03:59 PM
Every time I see him, strains of 'The Wanderer' drift into my mind.

ROFL

Yeah, I had a hard time accepting him at first but he caught on, for me, very quickly - with Dennis it seemd like they didn't know what to do with him and in the process of trying to figure it our they let what's his name wither on the vine.

Baby Lee
07-14-2006, 04:00 PM
And wtf happened to Munch?

Honestly SVU is good but it has become unwatchable (my opinion)

Homocide: Life on the streets was the best, in it's first 3 years anyway
He still swings his jug ears into frame and mutters about the government at least once an episode.

Trivia - Munch is the most crossed-over character in TV
Homicide, L&O, Lois and Clark, L&O SVU, L&O Trial by Jury, The X Files, The Beat, and Arrested Development.

sedated
07-14-2006, 04:01 PM
Is that because she's a lesbian?

:rolleyes: -groan.

Seriously tho' which lawyer chick? The redhead on SVU? Not too shabby, but not the Alpha chick in the stable.

yeah, the one on SVU.

she's a lesbo? in real life or on the show?

something about her particular pale complexion and rough attitude :drool:

chagrin
07-14-2006, 04:01 PM
He still swings his jug ears into frame and mutters about the government at least once an episode.

Trivia - Munch is the most crossed-over character in TV
Homicide, L&O, Lois and Clark, L&O SVU, L&O Trial by Jury, The X Files, The Beat, and Arrested Development.

As Munch? That's pretty cool, I always liked his character, much better than Ice - T...IMO

Baby Lee
07-14-2006, 04:02 PM
ROFL

Yeah, I had a hard time accepting him at first but he caught on, for me, very quickly - with Dennis it seemd like they didn't know what to do with him and in the process of trying to figure it our they let what's his name wither on the vine.
Lucky for you, I understand he's gone, off to other projects.

chagrin
07-14-2006, 04:02 PM
yeah, the one on SVU.

Okay I didn't know Diane Neal was a lesbo, and Mariska sure the hell isn't a lesbo.

Baby Lee
07-14-2006, 04:04 PM
yeah, the one on SVU.

No, she's not a lesbo. The ADA in L&O Big Pappa was fired by Senator Thompson and when he lowered the boom, she asked "is this because I'm a lesbian?"
First time her sex life was ever referenced on the show, and the last time we ever see her character. A kind of WTF moment.

chagrin
07-14-2006, 04:05 PM
Lucky for you, I understand he's gone, off to other projects.

Yeah, I guess Dennis is off to find success with Elisabeth Rohm somewhere on the big screen. Actually now that I think of it, that guy has always found steady work in the business.

But what I didn't like the most, and to claify my earlier post - they let Detective Green wither on the vine.

chagrin
07-14-2006, 04:06 PM
No, she's not a lesbo. The ADA in L&O Big Pappa was fired by Senator Thompson and when he lowered the boom, she asked "is this because I'm a lesbian?"
First time her sex life was ever referenced on the show, and the last time we ever see her character. A kind of WTF moment.

by big papp, are you referring to the original? I thought they killed off her character by kidnappers?

morphius
07-14-2006, 04:07 PM
I like to think I'm part of the reason for that as a few years back we were chosen as a Nielson Family and I wrote L&O down everytime it was on. :D
I think I was a bit jaded when watching football over the inlaws my FiL would switch over to L&O during the commercials and we would miss parts of the game because of it.

Baby Lee
07-14-2006, 04:08 PM
Yeah, I guess Dennis is off to find success with Elisabeth Rohm somewhere on the big screen. Actually now that I think of it, that guy has always found steady work in the business.

But what I didn't like the most, and to claify my earlier post - they let Detective Green wither on the vine.
Green is my least favorite of the detectives.

Logan, Briscoe, Cerreta, Curtis, Fontana, Greevey, Green, in that order.

Baby Lee
07-14-2006, 04:15 PM
by big papp, are you referring to the original? I thought they killed off her character by kidnappers?
That was the ADA for last couple of seasons, Borgia [Annie Parisse].
The lesbo was Serena Southerlyn [Elizabeth Rohm]

sedated
07-14-2006, 04:16 PM
Seriously tho' which lawyer chick?

don't know the character's name, but it's Daine Neal

this one:

:drool:

Baby Lee
07-14-2006, 04:23 PM
don't know the character's name, but it's Daine Neal

this one:

:drool:
She's OK, but when you consider the pantheon. In ascending order
Elisabeth Rohm
Bebe Neuwirth
Amy Carlson
Melena Govich
Jill Hennessy
Julianne Nicholson
Carey Lowell

the penultimate - Diane's predecessor - Stephanie March
And royalty - Angie Harmon.

Diane is somewhere in the middle of the pack.

AZORChiefFan
07-14-2006, 04:26 PM
I was watching an old episode and one of the characters looked like David Hyde Pierce. So I IMDB'd his name to see if it was his brother. He isn't but the cool thing is he's the voice of Dr. Thadeous Venture on the Ventue Brothers.

Coach
07-14-2006, 04:28 PM
Love it. I watch it on TNT. Briscoe and Green was a excellent partners. I just got attached to it from Briscoe's dry humor on the show.

Baby Lee
07-14-2006, 04:29 PM
I just got attached to it from Briscoe's dry humor on the show.
Moriarity's righteous indignation drew me in.

sedated
07-14-2006, 04:30 PM
Carey Lowell

sedated
07-14-2006, 04:32 PM

she's married to Bobby Flay, isn't she?

she doesn't beat Diane Neal :harumph:

sedated
07-14-2006, 04:33 PM

very nice

Baby Lee
07-14-2006, 04:36 PM
she's married to Bobby Flay, isn't she

she doesn't beat Diane Neal :harumph:
1. If you'll look at the upper left of your collage, you'll notice Diane started off blonde, looking to be a replacement Stephanie.
2. Diane is pale and soft, Stephanie is pale and toned.* I can see how you'd go for soft, but I'm a 'toned'-o-phile.

* - if you can, catch Conviction, where they reinvented her character. A good bit of sexing her up in that role.

sedated
07-14-2006, 04:36 PM
Julianne Nicholson

not the best picture, but not amazing anyway

Baby Lee
07-14-2006, 04:37 PM
very nice
Too bad her hubby's a pansy. :p

Baby Lee
07-14-2006, 04:39 PM
not the best picture, but not amazing anyway
You have to see her in motion. Think if Alyson Hannigan, Calista Flockhart and Ellen Pompeo were genetically spliced.

sedated
07-14-2006, 04:39 PM
Jill Hennessy

sedated
07-14-2006, 04:41 PM
You have to see her in motion. Think if Alyson Hannigan, Calista Flockhart and Ellen Pompeo were genetically spliced.

Oh i've seen.

she still doesn't beat Diane :harumph:

(and your splicing, while they would create a fine creature, is a little exaggerated)

Baby Lee
07-14-2006, 04:41 PM
She's now Jordan of Crossing Jordan. When on L&O, and a little younger, she looked like Catherine Zeta Jones' little sister.

sedated
07-14-2006, 04:42 PM
Melena Govich

this one I do like

sedated
07-14-2006, 04:44 PM
Amy Carlson

sedated
07-14-2006, 04:46 PM
Bebe Neuwirth
ROFL

sedated
07-14-2006, 04:47 PM
Elisabeth Rohm

Baby Lee
07-14-2006, 04:49 PM
ROFL
If you're basing your assessment of Bebe's attractiveness on that character, you're insane.
Even then, it was pretty clear when they loosened her up on Frasier what was doin'.

Three words - World Class Ballet.

Mr. Kotter
07-14-2006, 04:50 PM
She's OK, but when you consider the pantheon. In ascending order
Elisabeth Rohm
Bebe Neuwirth
Amy Carlson
Melena Govich
Jill Hennessy
Julianne Nicholson
Carey Lowell

Diane is somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Damn, BL....you are a friggin' "groupie," aren't you? ROFL

sedated
07-14-2006, 04:52 PM
If you're basing your assessment of Bebe's attractiveness on that character, you're insane.
Even then, it was pretty clear when they loosened her up on Frasier what was doin'.

Three words - World Class Ballet.

:) I just can't get over her character on Cheers.

But I don't think she's that hot, anyway

(ballet, huh? :hmmm: )

Baby Lee
07-14-2006, 04:52 PM
Damn, BL....you are a friggin' "groupie," aren't you? ROFL
Hot, Smart and Powerful. Kinda hard not to take notice.

Baby Lee
07-14-2006, 04:57 PM
:) I just can't get over her character on Cheers.

But I don't think she's that hot, anyway

(ballet, huh? :hmmm: )
Slightly less severe attire, although a decade or so older.

http://img.epochtimes.com/i6/511230849571470.jpg

Nzoner
07-14-2006, 06:49 PM
Speaking of Angie......Dayummmm

http://www.lawandorder-fr.com/photos/lo/harmon10.jpg

Adept Havelock
07-14-2006, 07:37 PM
It's OK, but I can't watch SVU without having flashbacks to "Oz".

"Don't confide in him! Don't you know that's Vern Schillinger?"