PDA

View Full Version : Future royals lineup

chubychecker
07-14-2006, 10:43 PM
What will the Royals lineup look like in a few years. Be realistic and only use players we already have (no trades for pujols or anyone else for that matter).

1B. Teahan
2B. Grudz
3B. Gordon
C. Buck
SS. This is tough; I hate berroa, but probably our best bet here with who we currently have.
RF. Butler
CF. Gaithright
LF. Dejesus
DH. I wouldn't mind keeping German around to rotate in the outfield or Graffinino; he could play any position. Mientkiewicz also could play first and use Teahan as a utility infielder/DH.

ChiTown
07-14-2006, 10:53 PM
2008 Lineup -
Who knows what Free Agency will bring, so I'll go with the "talent" we have within the system
1B. Teahen
2B. German
3B. Gordon
C. Buck
SS. Angel Sanchez
RF. Butler
CF. DeJesus
LF. Costa/Lubanski
DH. Huber

FringeNC
07-14-2006, 11:06 PM
2008 Lineup -
Who knows what Free Agency will bring, so I'll go with the "talent" we have within the system
1B. Teahen
2B. German
3B. Gordon
C. Buck
SS. Angel Sanchez
RF. Butler
CF. DeJesus
LF. Costa/Lubanski
DH. Huber

Any chance Bianchi would be ready by 2008?

Reaper16
07-15-2006, 12:21 AM
Any chance Bianchi would be ready by 2008?
I don't think so. But Sanchez, if he's a player, would be by mid-season.

StcChief
07-15-2006, 01:00 AM
That's ok that is still a 90 game losing lineup.

keg in kc
07-15-2006, 02:23 AM
Bats are great, we've got some on the way.

Pitching's what determines wins and losses, however.

chubychecker
07-15-2006, 03:05 AM
Bats are great, we've got some on the way.

Pitching's what determines wins and losses, however.

Very true; that part of the team is much more undecided IMO. Hopefully Greinke and Hochever (sp) are the real deal, but beyond that we are f***ed. Runelvys is 500 lbs, gobble and affelt are both average at best and I don't even know what happened to Kyle snyder.

tk13
07-15-2006, 03:17 AM
The Red Sox picked up Snyder, started him for one game. He won, but I don't think he pitched super well... gave up something like 3 runs in 5 innings, with the Red Sox offense that was enough to win. Then they just sent him down to AAA I think.

I think that's why Dayton Moore doesn't seem to be in any hurry to bring up guys like Alex Gordon. That's what happened with Damon and Dye, etc... made a great offense but without pitching it was a waste. Gotta find some pitching first. We do have a few lower level pitching prospects but they're all probably years away. Plus Dayton seems to believe the draft is the best way to develop pitching, teams don't want to give up too many good young pitchers in trade.

Demonpenz
07-15-2006, 06:44 AM
maybe a tthe end of the year we can sign guiel and randa back

Lurch
07-15-2006, 09:49 AM
I'll watch the Royals again, when they spend a little money....or when Glass sells the team. :banghead:

petegz28
07-15-2006, 09:52 AM
I'll watch the Royals again, when they spend a little money....or when Glass sells the team. :banghead:

I said that and then they hired Moore. You think Moore gave up a King's Chair in Atlanta to be Alard Baird 2.0?

Wake up. Glass did his part by stepping out of the way and hiring Moore.

Now it is your turn to get your ass to the ball park and support the team.

Ari Chi3fs
07-15-2006, 01:49 PM
my balls are sweaty... its ****ing hot.

beavis
07-15-2006, 02:22 PM
I was just talking about this with some friends last night. We have the potential to have a killer lineup here in a couple of years. But I'll echo what tk said, that it will all be meaningless unless we dig up some pitching. But if I had my way, it'd look something like this -

Gathright CF
DeJesus LF
Gordon 3B
Butler DH
Huber RF (I don't think he can play right, and I think we may end up trading him or one of the others for pitching)
Teahan 1B
German 2B (I don't think Grudz will still be here, so who knows who will actually playing 2B)
Buck C
Sanchez SS (I really have no clue on this one, I just think we have to do something about Berroa)

There's a lot of things that have to happen, like Gathright actually turning into something, and Huber fixing whatever has been bothering him. But I definately think it's possible.

CoMoChief
07-15-2006, 02:38 PM
If everyone is healthy and ready, more importantly what could our starting rotation be?

SCTrojan
07-15-2006, 02:59 PM
If everyone is healthy and ready, more importantly what could our starting rotation be?

Here's hoping that Greinke and Hochevar can become front of the rotation guys and Hernandez figures it out again. Bautista is lurking, but I don't think there are very many more options than that right now.

The future every day lineup looks a lot better than the future starting rotation at this point.

tk13
07-15-2006, 03:27 PM
As far as pitching prospects, we have a few but they're not close to the big leagues. Billy Buckner was drafted a couple years ago in the JP Howell draft... he's been promoted to Wichita recently. He's only started three times so far... had one average start, then a bad start, then last time out he pitched 6 innings, gave up 2 runs and struck out 10. Erik Cordier was a highly thought of prospect who's been hurt, he's finally healthy and pitching pretty well. He got promoted from rookie ball to one of the Class A teams.

Luis Cota might be the most well known pitching prospect. His numbers aren't very good but he's pitching in Class A at High Desert, that's supposed to be a brutal park on pitchers. His strikeout numbers are really good.

In the bullpen, Ryan Braun got promoted to AAA when MacDougal got called up. He was the closer in Wichita, he had a 2.21 ERA, 2 HR, 16 BB/58 K. He's gonna turn 26 soon, but maybe he's somebody who could be in the bullpen down the road.

Hopefully some of these pitchers we drafted this year pan out, and I imagine Moore will be looking for more pitching next year.