View Full Version : NOOOO!!!! Toyota said to mull GM alliance

recxjake
07-16-2006, 03:06 PM

NJ Chief Fan
07-16-2006, 03:09 PM
GM sucks

htismaqe
07-16-2006, 03:14 PM
Toyota is concerned about the political and social backlash if GM falls apart.

:hmmm:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=138836

NJ Chief Fan
07-16-2006, 03:18 PM
you're ugly
not as ugly as GM cars n trucks :)

Adept Havelock
07-16-2006, 03:22 PM
GayMac-san then, instead of the Le GayMac-san we were looking at. :shrug:

you're ugly

Says the guy whose avatar shows him embracing two ugly shemales. NTTAWWT.

SBK
07-16-2006, 03:23 PM
Sounds like bad thing for the best automaker in the world wanting to help out poor old doormat GM?

I would perceive this as a good thing.

Moooo
07-16-2006, 03:35 PM
Toyota>GM
Honda>all

Moooo

Sfeihc
07-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Why would Toyota want to drag themselves down to GM's level?

Moooo
07-16-2006, 04:59 PM
Why would Toyota want to drag themselves down to GM's level?

GM has a lot of good foreign markets. For example, they dominate the Chinese auto industry. Yoda is probably looking for some market in places like Aussieland and China.

Moooo

ChiefsLV
07-16-2006, 05:02 PM
not as ugly as GM cars n trucks :)

GM has a few good looking cars and trucks. It's quality that's the issue. I'm on my second intermediate steering shaft that had to be re-engineered since the first one started clunking. Turns out this design is bad too. Still waiting on the third revision while driving around in a clunking car.

listopencil
07-16-2006, 06:36 PM
Maybe they guys at Toyota can teach the guys at GM how to make a decent car. That would be nice.

ImAWalkingCorpse
07-16-2006, 06:53 PM
Now this I wouldn't mind, the only 2 car manufacturers in the world (that are within reason money wise) that I actually like, owning both a Chevrolet and a Toyota.

Demonpenz
07-16-2006, 06:55 PM
after a couple of the gms caught fire i said f this not buying that again

SLAG
07-16-2006, 06:56 PM
Toyotas have been using GM parts for years- Steering Colums and what not....

I'm Slag and i'm a GM homer....

Moooo
07-16-2006, 06:57 PM
Toyotas have been using GM parts for years- Steering Colums and what not....

I'm Slag and i'm a GM homer....

Toyota Corolla = Geo Prism

Moooo

burt
07-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Toyota>GM
Honda>all

Moooo

Sorry moo, but Honda can not even stand in the shadow of Toyota...do some research and we'll talk.

burt
07-16-2006, 07:08 PM
Toyota Corolla = Geo Prism

Moooo

Mooo...that is a little 80's don't ya think...there id no Prism anymore....

Moooo
07-16-2006, 07:09 PM
Sorry moo, but Honda can not even stand in the shadow of Toyota...do some research and we'll talk.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion...

I'll take a Honda any day. It seems like with Yodas you have to find the vehicles that are bulletproof where with Honda they just all are :)

Moooo

SLAG
07-16-2006, 07:11 PM
no but the Pontiac Vibe = Toyota Matrix

Moooo
07-16-2006, 07:11 PM

There was up to 2002... It was a Chevy Prism...

Just making a point, that's all...

Moooo

burt
07-16-2006, 07:18 PM
There was up to 2002... It was a Chevy Prism...

Just making a point, that's all...

Moooo

it's called slight exageration.....

Moooo
07-16-2006, 07:19 PM
it's called slight exageration.....

My bad... I thought you were being serious cause Geo disappeared like 10 years ago...

Moooo

burt
07-16-2006, 07:21 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion...

I'll take a Honda any day. It seems like with Yodas you have to find the vehicles that are bulletproof where with Honda they just all are :)

Moooo

Sorry, mine is NOT an opinion...Toyota rules Honda in just about every aspect. Most evident...sales. But you are, of course, entitled to be wrong.... and I will support your rights....

burt
07-16-2006, 07:23 PM
My bad... I thought you were being serious cause Geo disappeared like 10 years ago...

Moooo

They actually changed it to Chevrolet Prism for a few years. The exageration was the 80's reference. The slight part, was that the Prism it really gone....ergo....slight exageration.....

Moooo
07-16-2006, 07:23 PM
Sorry, mine is NOT an opinion...Toyota rules Honda in just about every aspect. Most evident...sales. But you are, of course, entitled to be wrong.... and I will support your rights....

ROFL

KCChiefsMan
07-16-2006, 07:30 PM
*mumbly redneck voice*"anyone who drives one of them there jap cars is flat out stupid"*/mumbly redneck voice"

ImAWalkingCorpse
07-16-2006, 07:48 PM
What is that saying about Honda's? Ohh yeah they're like Tampons, every pussy has one.

ChiefsLV
07-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Heh, I just googled "intermediate steering shaft" and all of the first page results refer to GM automobiles. GM has created a new type of regular maintenance, gettin your shaft lubed to eliminate clunking. Taken out of context, that could sound like something you'd want to get done regularly. :)

Moooo
07-16-2006, 07:57 PM
What is that saying about Honda's? Ohh yeah they're like Tampons, every pussy has one.

<---Cerified Vag, if that's the case...

I'll tell you when my car reaches 300,000 miles.

Moooo

ImAWalkingCorpse
07-16-2006, 08:01 PM
<---Cerified Vag, if that's the case...

I'll tell you when my car reaches 300,000 miles.

Moooo

I will let ya know when my Toyota does the same. Besides I am just messing with ya, I have had a few friends who have had had Hondas and they have lasted over 200000 miles just as my last Toyota pick up did.

SBK
07-16-2006, 09:52 PM
As far as the auto industry goes.

Toyota & Honda

everybody else.

DomerNKC
07-16-2006, 10:05 PM

Toyota & Honda

everybody else.absofreakinlutely!!

Mr. Flopnuts
07-17-2006, 12:30 AM
Rex I don't pretend to know a lot about the car manufacturing business. Now that I've made my disclaimer I don't see how this could be a bad thing for GM. We have strong economic and political ties with Japan and Toyota could probably save that company from going under. Why is this a bad thing? I honestly don't see the down side.

Miles
07-17-2006, 12:53 AM

Toyota & Honda

everybody else.

Nissan has been doing some good things recenty and Subaru has is solid if you need 4WD.

NJ Chief Fan
07-17-2006, 01:04 AM
im hooked on infinitis, i had a 99 infiniti g20t that lasted 205,000 before the trans went, never had to do anything besided put in a new starter, brakes, tires and oil changes...sorry to say this but american cars just suck major ass, they seem to be fragile, fall apart once it hits that magical 100,000 marker. its all down hill from that point

1.toyota/lexus
2. nissan/infiniti
3. honda/acura~i truely have no respect for this company because they manufacture the honda civic...i f?ckin hate that car with a passion and that stupid fast and furious movie, where after every kid seen the movie they put those stupid 5 foot spoilers on their cars and made their exhausts sound like dirt bikes

Ultra Peanut
07-17-2006, 02:31 AM
http://xs303.xs.to/xs303/06291/I_01.jpg (http://xs.to)

ferrarispider95
07-17-2006, 02:57 AM
:hmmm:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=138836
Where is the stock market headed? ROFL

htismaqe
07-17-2006, 05:40 AM
Rex I don't pretend to know a lot about the car manufacturing business. Now that I've made my disclaimer I don't see how this could be a bad thing for GM. We have strong economic and political ties with Japan and Toyota could probably save that company from going under. Why is this a bad thing? I honestly don't see the down side.

Pride.

svuba
07-17-2006, 09:51 AM

Sorry yours IS an opinion. How about Automotive awards? Who always wins every head-to-head competition by Auto magazines? Honda. Who's cars are ALWAYs on the 10 Best List, all stars etc? Honda. Toyotas don't rule Honda in resale value either.

Toyota is Gigantic, and prowerful, and build a huge variety of bulletproof cars, but the cars are more like appliances across the board when compared to similar Hondas. That is why Hondas generally come out on top in head to head comparisons.

htismaqe
07-17-2006, 10:05 AM
Sorry yours IS an opinion. How about Automotive awards? Who always wins every head-to-head competition by Auto magazines? Honda. Who's cars are ALWAYs on the 10 Best List, all stars etc? Honda. Toyotas don't rule Honda in resale value either.

Toyota is Gigantic, and prowerful, and build a huge variety of bulletproof cars, but the cars are more like appliances across the board when compared to similar Hondas. That is why Hondas generally come out on top in head to head comparisons.

Hmmm, I find the bolded statement odd, given my own experience.

When it comes to Honda vs. Toyota, I'm really indifferent. I was looking strictly for superior gas mileage when I bought my car.

I ended up going for the Toyota Corolla over the Honda Civic, despite nearly identical price tags, because they Civic lacked all of the features the Corolla had -- power locks, power windows, 6-disc changer, and most importantly cruise control.

StcChief
07-17-2006, 10:59 AM
Maybe they guys at Toyota can teach the guys at GM how to make a decent car. That would be nice.

The cost factor to mass produce quality has killed GM. Pay the high union wage/benefits or produce quality.

buddha
07-17-2006, 11:03 AM
The point really isn't Toyota vs. Honda is it? Who cares? They both make great vehicles...pick the one you like and drive it for the next 10 years or more without problems.

The point is that GM has been run by idiots who have refused to keep up with the times and have taken one of the dominant companies in the world to the brink of extinction.

I travel a lot and rent cars when I do. I cringe everytime I get into a GM rental car because you just never know what is going to fall off of it on your watch! The cars are built like shit...the handles are loose, things are rattling and dinging on cars that have only a few thousand miles of use. It's disgraceful.

If Toyota wants to show the apes at GM how to make a quality vehicle for some monetary gain, it can only be a good thing for all concerned!

BTW, I do think that some of the higher end GM cars are pretty damn good looking. However, they are priced in the BMW and Mercedes range...once again, the no-brainer options come into play.

StcChief
07-17-2006, 11:36 AM
Let's hope the hook up with Toyota and Nissan will be without this GM Headache.

jjjayb
07-17-2006, 12:36 PM
Toyotas bulletproof? Hardly anymore. They are starting to see more and more what it's like to be one of the big boys.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13833907/

2007 Camry Transmission failures
Tundra ball joints falling apart
Scion sunroof shattering
Toyota FJ tire problems
Highlander and Lexus RX accelerator / console problem

The more vehicles they build the more they will see issues like these. Kinda easy to build a reputation for quality when they were building 60 vehicles a day.

Brock
07-17-2006, 01:37 PM
I travel a lot and rent cars when I do. I cringe everytime I get into a GM rental car because you just never know what is going to fall off of it on your watch! The cars are built like shit...the handles are loose, things are rattling and dinging on cars that have only a few thousand miles of use. It's disgraceful.

That hasn't been my experience lately. I've rented 3 Impalas over the past few months, and I have to say I've been pretty impressed with them.