PDA

View Full Version : Proposed FFL trade

NJ Chief Fan
07-16-2006, 06:10 PM
tiki barber, marc bulger and hines ward for trent green, stephen jackson and javon walker

who is the winner and loser of this trade

Moooo
07-16-2006, 06:13 PM
I'd go with the one that has Tiki. I don't know much about FF, and I would thing it would be cool to have Green on a team, but from what I understand RBs are gold, and Tiki is quite the RB...

Moooo

Sam Hall
07-16-2006, 06:25 PM
It depends on your view of Stephen Jackson. He's going to get more carries this season. He might have a breakout year. For now, Tiki is more of a sure thing. I think Bulger will throw more TDs than Green, and that's the most important aspect of FF. Ward is getting old, but I don't about Walker in Denver's offense.

The group with Tiki is probably the better group.

Rausch
07-16-2006, 06:34 PM
I think Stephen Jackson will be a top 5 fantasy HB this year with a new HC and Offense. Watching Warner get his $#it ruined due to Martz's stupidity should make any HC want to run a bit more to protect the QB.

That, and the defenses in the Lambs division are HORRIBLE outside of the Seahawks, while Tiki plays in a rough division with at least 3 top 15 defenses.

Besides, Jackson is a young player getting better and Barber is now on the other side of 30...

CoMoChief
07-16-2006, 06:38 PM
tiki barber, marc bulger and hines ward for trent green, stephen jackson and javon walker

Stephen Jackson is garbage, Walker is coming off of a knee injury when Rod Smith is already their #1 WR, and Marc Bulger when healthy can put up just as good numbers as Trent Green. The team who would recieve Ward,Bulger and Tiki would win this trade by a landslide.

JBucc
07-16-2006, 06:48 PM
Tiki>Jackson
Hines>Javon (for this year anyway)
Trent=Bulger

So the guy that gets Tiki and Hines wins.

stumppy
07-16-2006, 07:04 PM
I think Stephen Jackson will be a top 5 fantasy HB this year with a new HC and Offense. Watching Warner get his $#it ruined due to Martz's stupidity should make any HC want to run a bit more to protect the QB.

That, and the defenses in the Lambs division are HORRIBLE outside of the Seahawks, while Tiki plays in a rough division with at least 3 top 15 defenses.

Besides, Jackson is a young player getting better and Barber is now on the other side of 30...

Thats about the way I look at it. Not that theres anything wrong with Barber but Jackson is in the better situation to score FF points for you.

Valiant
07-16-2006, 07:04 PM

Tiki Barber is already a top 5 RB, you have as sure thing as far of quality go.. He will still be the focal point as eli will still need to lean on him to keep the offense going..

Stephen Jackson is everybodies break out player or sleeper... All this means he MIGHT break out.. The new coach is going to run the ball more so this is in his favor, but St. Louis will still live and die by the pass...

tiki is the safe bet...
----

Marc Bulger as long as he is not hurt will always outperform Trent green for the sole fact to who he is throwing to... Of course you have to add the fact that Jackson will be getting more carries and taking maybe five pass attempts away from Bulger per game... Bulger is solid IF he does not get injured agian, that is key... Green has been solid for years in average numbers, last year was a fluke that he did not get 20+ tds... Green will agian be around 4000 and 20 tds, where as Bulger is around 4000+ 24+ tds if he does not get hurt...

this is a wash if bulger does not get hurt, and in trents favor if bulger does miss games agian

----

Hines WArd is on a team with a stud defense, great running game and the man focus of Ben, Ward is consistant like Tiki he will never be the WR leader in any catergory but he will produce on average and be a number 1 on your FF team.. Ward should be good for another 1100 yards and 10tds..

Walker is like Jackson, this could be his breakout year AFTER his injury.. The thing is can he overcome his injury and not get hurt agian??? Walker and smith should complement each other well but remember he no longer has Green throwing to him.. He has Plummer, who can make them look average... But if plummer is leashed agian this year Walker should put up very decent numbers if not 1000 yards 8 tds under ideal conditions...

But do not forget he has Plummer throwing the ball to him and a new system to learn but should be solid after about 4-6 weeks in the regular season...

Ward gets the nod agianst a Walker though...

Valiant
07-16-2006, 07:07 PM
Thats about the way I look at it. Not that theres anything wrong with Barber but Jackson is in the better situation to score FF points for you.

You need to add in how bad St. Louis Defense is, if they are playing from behind Jackson will not get as many carries and more passes for Bulger...

DJay23
07-16-2006, 07:15 PM
JMO, but the fact that you've already drafted and are considering trades is insanity.

Rausch
07-16-2006, 07:20 PM
The important thing to keep in mind is that HB is THE POSITION in FF. Your team is made or lost on your HB's.

If you feel better about one guy or the other make/don't make the trade. You can find a QB/WR good enough to start in rounds 2 and 3 or later.

That, and concentrate on TE. There are only about 5 fantasy TE's out there. Not studs, only 5 guys that even score enough FF pts to even think about.

If you can land a Gates/Gonzo/Shockey/Heap and 2 top 10 HB's you'll have a huge advantage...