PDA

View Full Version : It amazes me...

greg63
07-17-2006, 07:39 AM
...how people will go to clothing stores and shell out top dollar for brand name Good Will knock-offs; just go to the Good Will lay down a couple of bucks and walk out with the real thing. :shake:

...That is all.

ChiefsfaninPA
07-17-2006, 07:54 AM
You feeling ok buddy?

greg63
07-17-2006, 08:05 AM
You feeling ok buddy?

I'm feeling fine. We just came back from Branson yesterday and I was just commenting on peoples spending habits. I just found it interesting is all.

DaKCMan AP
07-17-2006, 08:09 AM
you just don't know fashion :D

jidar
07-17-2006, 08:10 AM
so.. they're dumb for not shopping at Good Will

Of all the different ways to make a post proclaiming superiority over someone, this is one of the best.

Lurch
07-17-2006, 08:16 AM

Of all the different ways to make a post proclaiming superiority over someone, this is one of the best.
I agree with Greg. Some snot-nosed punk who "designed" the Good Will knock-off and the "we're too dumb to get a real education or job" retail clerks are laughing their asses off at that valley girl/rich kid/spoiled brats who are spending mommy and daddy's money to buy trendy "name-brand" clothing. It's pretty clear who's "superior" in that situation if you ask me.

greg63
07-17-2006, 08:27 AM

ROFLROFL

...Not claiming superiority just an observation. I don't understand why someone would pay top dollar for this.

ChiefsfaninPA
07-17-2006, 08:28 AM
All I know is that we me and my wife get rid of stuff like the kids clothing and housewares, we always take them to the Goodwill and for the most part, they are all either in very good condition or excellent condition. One of the wealthiest guys I know shops frequently at the Goodwill for items. He may be onto something..............

greg63
07-17-2006, 08:34 AM
you just don't know fashion :D

ROFL

That much is obvious.

greg63
07-17-2006, 08:38 AM
All I know is that we me and my wife get rid of stuff like the kids clothing and housewares, we always take them to the Goodwill and for the most part, they are all either in very good condition or excellent condition. One of the wealthiest guys I know shops frequently at the Goodwill for items. He may be onto something..............
Point well taken; I should have qualified my statement by saying: "the stereo typical thought of what is Good Will clothing."

greg63
07-17-2006, 12:34 PM
Anyone else notice this?

luv
07-17-2006, 01:11 PM
ROFLROFL

...Not claiming superiority just an observation. I don't understand why someone would pay top dollar for this.
Those are cute. I personally woulldn't wear the beaded or jeweled clothing, but it looks goon on people. The only time I ever wanted anything name brand was a pair of Guess jean overalls in jr high. My parents seemed content with me borrowing a pair of my freind's.

TinyEvel
07-17-2006, 02:32 PM
Word.

My boss is the quintessential 'latest fashion" guy. Prada T-shirts, etc.
A lot of the time (for meetings) he looks pretty dapper. But his "look cheap, expensively" outfits sometimes miss the mark.
He had a suit jacket that had non-finished seams, i.e. thread-bare along the cuffs, lapel and bottom, pockets, etc.

I said, "That suits gonna look pretty nice once the tailor is finished with it."

He: "You'll be wearing this in six months."

Me: "Nah. I think the bum should have it back."

If this were the 80's he'd be dressing like Michael Jackson. Captain EO all the way.

chiefs4me
07-17-2006, 02:58 PM
if it's not your money, why bitch....

Baby Lee
07-17-2006, 03:10 PM
...how people will go to clothing stores and shell out top dollar for brand name Good Will knock-offs; just go to the Good Will lay down a couple of bucks and walk out with the real thing.Maybe they're skeeved by the thought of wrapping used material of unknown origin around their naughty bits.

Moooo
07-17-2006, 03:13 PM
...how people will go to clothing stores and shell out top dollar for brand name Good Will knock-offs; just go to the Good Will lay down a couple of bucks and walk out with the real thing. :shake:

...That is all.

It creeps me out to wear clothes other people have had on before. I don't know why, but it does.

But I also don't shop at the mall. I'm a Wally World guy.

People say mall clothes are just as much when you figure in how long you can use them, but I get bored with clothes quickly anyway. The only thing I can see spending a good amount of money on is a suit, and that's cause the right one (classic style) will last you a lifetime.

Moooo

BucEyedPea
07-17-2006, 03:15 PM
Those are cool what store carries them...I wanna pair. :)

Before I had a child I used to say sales are for losers as well as discount store.

Jilly
07-17-2006, 03:16 PM
I never can find anything at thrift stores like that. I would like to because I hate contributing to the corrupted corporations of clothing manufacturers and the unethical treatment of laborers, etc.

Baby Lee
07-17-2006, 03:23 PM
It creeps me out to wear clothes other people have had on before. I don't know why, but it does.

But I also don't shop at the mall. I'm a Wally World guy.

People say mall clothes are just as much when you figure in how long you can use them, but I get bored with clothes quickly anyway. The only thing I can see spending a good amount of money on is a suit, and that's cause the right one (classic style) will last you a lifetime.

Moooo
I know I can wash and wear a Polo dress shirt 100 times and it'll still be in better shape than a Wally World dress shirt after 10-12 wash/wears.

Baby Lee
07-17-2006, 03:25 PM
Before I had a child I used to say sales are for losers as well as discount store.
That's demented. If you are buying the same item for less money, that makes you SMART.
I can't even SEE a differing view on that one.

Moooo
07-17-2006, 03:26 PM
I know I can wash and wear a Polo dress shirt 100 times and it'll still be in better shape than a Wally World dress shirt after 10-12 wash/wears.

And it costs about 5 times as much. Fair trade.

I have nothing against people who spend a lot on clothes, but there's not a shirt I can think of I'd want to wear 100 times. If I'm not just putting on a shirt, and I'm actually caring about what I want to wear, the most important thing for me is that its different than usual.

And if you go to express, you get cool looking clothes, at WalMart quality for 10 times as much. Polo is much better, though.

Moooo

THE KING
07-17-2006, 03:26 PM
I admit to buying several pairs of foakleys when they were out.

Baby Lee
07-17-2006, 03:33 PM
And it costs about 5 times as much. Fair trade.
Not if it's on sale.*

* - for losers only.

MOhillbilly
07-17-2006, 03:35 PM
imo pants are overrated.

sedated
07-17-2006, 03:36 PM

easy fix - stop washing your clothes

HemiEd
07-17-2006, 03:54 PM
ROFLROFL

That reminds me, last Christmas I went into the local "Abercrombie/Fitch" (sp) to purchase a gift certificate. My wife had to get me out of there I was laughing so hard. They were trying to sell them Holy Jeans for a lot of money. Who woulda thunk it? ROFL

chiefs4me
07-17-2006, 03:58 PM
That reminds me, last Christmas I went into the local "Abercrombie/Fitch" (sp) to purchase a gift certificate. My wife had to get me out of there I was laughing so hard. They were trying to sell them Holy Jeans for a lot of money. Who woulda thunk it? ROFL

ROFL nothing like telling your age..

HemiEd
07-17-2006, 04:05 PM
ROFL nothing like telling your age..

I guess I was embarrassing her, I was laughing so hard. I bought the gift certificate but ended up pulling out a pair of my old shop jeans and giving them to the kid as well. He liked them, heck I would not have worn them out of the garage.

Donger
07-17-2006, 04:08 PM
but it looks goon on people.

Yes. Yes it does.

greg63
07-17-2006, 08:40 PM
if it's not your money, why bitch....

I'm not; I think it's hilarious.

greg63
07-17-2006, 08:42 PM

ROFLROFL

greg63
07-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Those are cool what store carries them...I wanna pair. :)

ROFL

I recommend a weekend rummage sale. :D

Bwana
07-17-2006, 09:16 PM
I had a thread about this several months ago. Some of that crap looks like something that an aids infested pantsless bum would have to much respect to wear. Some of those jeans for example, they look like something that blew out the front door of a crack house, yet they are getting $100 plus dollars for them...........WTF!!? :hmmm:

greg63
07-17-2006, 09:19 PM
I had a thread about this several months ago. Some of that crap looks like something that an aids infested pantsless bum would have to much respect to wear. Some of those jeans for example, they look like something that blew out the front door of a crack house, yet they are getting $100 plus dollars for them...........WTF!!? :hmmm:

...Exactly.

Sorry about the repost. :D

Bwana
07-17-2006, 09:21 PM
...Exactly.

Sorry about the repost. :D

Heh! Not a problem, something this strange needs to be posted at least twice a year just to say................WTF!!? :)

greg63
07-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Heh! Not a problem, something this strange needs to be posted at least twice a year just to say................WTF!!? :)

ROFL :thumb:

Halfcan
07-17-2006, 09:49 PM
I wonder if they take trades on some used socks and underwear.

CHENZ A!
07-17-2006, 09:52 PM
I want to print up some plain white undershirts, and give en all coffee or mustard stains. Those things would fly off the shelves.

Nzoner
07-17-2006, 10:20 PM

You got caught wearing your gf's panties didn't ya?

greg63
07-17-2006, 10:29 PM
I wonder if they take trades on some used socks and underwear.

ROFLROFLROFL

...Talkin about the crotchless ones aren't ya?

Moooo
07-17-2006, 10:34 PM

You know, what I PM you should stay private... GEEZ!!! ROFL

In seriousness, I'm just a clean freak about things that touch my skin. I also only wear pants once before I wash them.

Moooo

milkman
07-17-2006, 10:52 PM
You know, what I PM you should stay private... GEEZ!!! ROFL

In seriousness, I'm just a clean freak about things that touch my skin. I also only wear pants once before I wash them.

Moooo

Wait!!!!

You can wash pants!!!?????

greg63
07-17-2006, 11:01 PM
Wait!!!!

You can wash pants!!!?????
ROFL
Well; a couple of times anyway.

greg63
07-18-2006, 11:05 AM
One last bump.