PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone go see Sammy last night?

Dartgod
07-17-2006, 09:10 AM
It was pretty hot out, but worth it IMO.

I can't believe Sammy is nearly 60 years old (he will be 59 in Oct). The dude can still bring it. An awesome show.

Nightwish
07-17-2006, 10:17 AM
To be honest, I just haven't been able to get interested in Sammy Hagar since he quit soloing to join Van Halen. Prior to joining VH, he was great! With VH and after, he's been pretty blah. I guess if he did mostly his old material (like stuff of Three Lock Box, Standing Hampton, VOA, and earlier), he'd still be interesting live, though.

Lzen
07-17-2006, 11:02 AM
Eh, I like SH a little back in the day. But I never was a huge fan. Someone offered me free tix to that show, but I turned them down. I might have gone if I hadn't already planned a canoe trip for the weekend.

Dartgod
07-17-2006, 11:11 AM
To be honest, I just haven't been able to get interested in Sammy Hagar since he quit soloing to join Van Halen. Prior to joining VH, he was great! With VH and after, he's been pretty blah. I guess if he did mostly his old material (like stuff of Three Lock Box, Standing Hampton, VOA, and earlier), he'd still be interesting live, though.
He did quite a bit of old stuff the first half of the show. The second half featured Michael Anthony and was pretty much all VH stuff. I'll tell you this. The guy playing lead, Vic Johnson was pretty f***ing good. Probably not on the same level as Eddie VH in his prime, but close enough.

ZepSinger
07-17-2006, 01:27 PM
He kicked some serious butt in Montrose.

:rockon:

patteeu
07-17-2006, 02:10 PM

Same here. For as different as our political outlooks are, we have some pretty similar musical opinions. :thumb:

chagrin
07-17-2006, 03:56 PM
Sammy has gotten into some Blues lately too. I would like to see him play, in person, as well.

And nightwish, you can't hold Marching to Mars against him, he was still in his Van Halen hangover at the time

Nzoner
07-17-2006, 05:56 PM
He did quite a bit of old stuff the first half of the show.

Do you recall if he did Turn Up The Music,Rock-N-Roll Weekend or Young Girl Blues?

headsnap
07-17-2006, 06:21 PM
He kicked some serious butt in Montrose.

:rockon:

:rockon: :clap:

Dartgod
07-17-2006, 10:18 PM
Do you recall if he did Turn Up The Music,Rock-N-Roll Weekend or Young Girl Blues?
No he didn't. Here was the entire set list:

First Half
Mas Tequia
Mexico
One Way to Rock
Rainy Day Woman
Shocka Doobie
Girl Gets Around
Rock Candy
I'll Fall in Love Again
Let Me Take You There
Sam I Am