PDA

View Full Version : Bo Jackson Kicked ass, eh?

Ari Chi3fs
07-17-2006, 08:24 PM
http://www.filecabi.net/rejected/24.html

headsnap
07-17-2006, 08:38 PM
running out the clock...

Moooo
07-17-2006, 09:58 PM
http://www.filecabi.net/rejected/24.html

That's ACTUAL footage.

True story.

Moooo

CHENZ A!
07-17-2006, 10:00 PM
huthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthututhuhtuthuht!

Lurch
07-17-2006, 10:05 PM
Sweet. I think he would've been a little tired. But it's a helluva a way to run out the clock.

DMAC
07-18-2006, 08:00 AM
huthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthututhuhtuthuht!More like:

ReadyDownhuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthututhuhtuthuht!

listopencil
07-18-2006, 05:08 PM
I have all of the Tecmo Bowls for SNES on my PC.

CHENZ A!
07-18-2006, 05:34 PM
More like:

ReadyDownhuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthuthututhuhtuthuht!

ahh yes, left out the Redydown part. :clap:

Saulbadguy
07-18-2006, 06:04 PM
It was one less player chasing him..the 2nd player was human controlled.

listopencil
07-18-2006, 06:17 PM
It was one less player chasing him..the 2nd player was human controlled.

2nd Player was chasing the whole time, just getting blocked a lot.

Spicy McHaggis
07-18-2006, 06:32 PM
Bo Jackson was unreal in that game. Not only could you elude with him like in the video you could also break a ridiculous amount of tackles on the way to the endzone.

listopencil
07-18-2006, 06:36 PM
I just fired up Tecmo Super Bowl and played against the PC. The number 2 was displayed over the computer-controlled player. That's what this video probably is.

listopencil
07-18-2006, 06:38 PM
Bo Jackson was unreal in that game. Not only could you elude with him like in the video you could also break a ridiculous amount of tackles on the way to the endzone.

I like Final Edition for SNES. You could build your own players who would get stronger over time and set up two playbooks. I used to start off giving everyone as much speed as I could then fill up all the other stats over time.

Saulbadguy
07-18-2006, 06:41 PM
2nd Player was chasing the whole time, just getting blocked a lot.
He didn't really try.

listopencil
07-18-2006, 06:52 PM
He didn't really try.

I think that was the computer. I noticed #2 putting on a speed burst at one point but not much else. BTW, does anyone here emulate? I have SNES and 748 games. I'm going out for a bit but I'll be back later tonight or tomorrow. Post here or send me a PM.

jlscorpio
07-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Tecmo freakin OWNED! Hanford Dixon was a beast on defense for the Browns. Okoye was pretty awesome too.

Saulbadguy
07-20-2006, 12:20 PM
I think that was the computer. I noticed #2 putting on a speed burst at one point but not much else. BTW, does anyone here emulate? I have SNES and 748 games. I'm going out for a bit but I'll be back later tonight or tomorrow. Post here or send me a PM.
If it was the computer, it wouldn't have a "#2".

I emulate, yes. :)

ZootedGranny
07-20-2006, 03:45 PM
One of the highlights of my gaming "career" has been scoring 99 points in Tecmo Super Bowl when I was in middle school. No emulators, no save states, no Game Genie. Just me, a NES, TSB & unadulterated violence against the Bills.

listopencil
07-21-2006, 08:56 PM

I don't have the NES version but the SNES version has the "2". I played it a bit before I posted.

listopencil
07-21-2006, 09:18 PM

I just downloaded an NES emulator, downloaded the original Tecmo Bowl and fired it up in "one player" mode. The computer player had a "2".

TRR
07-31-2006, 06:19 PM
I remember, I believe in the first Tecmo Bowl, I was playing the 49ers in the Super Bowl. I was down by 7, hiked the ball with 2 seconds left. Ronnie Lott came on the blitz...I juked him just as he dove, after running backwards for 20 yards, and launched a hail mary down the field. Out of nowhere, Ronnie Lott gets up, runs about 70 yards downfield, and picks the pass off near the endzone.

I miss Tecmo.

CHENZ A!
07-31-2006, 09:02 PM
I remember, I believe in the first Tecmo Bowl, I was playing the 49ers in the Super Bowl. I was down by 7, hiked the ball with 2 seconds left. Ronnie Lott came on the blitz...I juked him just as he dove, after running backwards for 20 yards, and launched a hail mary down the field. Out of nowhere, Ronnie Lott gets up, runs about 70 yards downfield, and picks the pass off near the endzone.

I miss Tecmo.

That would have resulted in a broken controller. Man I hate when the computer cheats! :banghead: :cuss:

listopencil
07-31-2006, 10:53 PM
I remember, I believe in the first Tecmo Bowl...

I miss Tecmo.

If it was the first one it didn't have the 49ers in it. They didn't have the NFL license to use the team names but they had the NFLPA license to use the players names. I remember at least one of the versions of the game was made when they didn't know who the starting QB would be for a few teams. "QB BILLS" starting for Buffalo rings a bell. Anyway, if you miss it go get it from a rom site and emulate to your hearts content. You are allowed to if you purchased it at one time.

Moooo
08-01-2006, 12:27 AM

I miss Tecmo.

It IS Ronnie Lott... :)

Moooo

mcan
08-01-2006, 04:12 AM
I played this game the other day.

Tecmo Super Bowl was the best game ever, and is pretty much responsible for me being a fan of the NFL. I was just at that age where sports were awesome, but I was into PLAYING sports, and not watching them (5th grade). But I got really into playing Tecmo and one Sunday my dad was watching the Chiefs game and I walked into the living room after watching for a couple of minutes, I knew a more of the players names (from the game) than my dad did. I was a big JJ Birden fan... That was it, I was hooked.

Guru
08-02-2006, 01:52 AM
Well that made our Defense against the Giants look half way decent. The Chiefs only missed 13 tackles in that one play.

Sad thing is, I think the Raiders were playing the Chiefs in that video too. Missed about 72 tackles?