PDA

View Full Version : OP Passes pit bull ban

penguinz
07-17-2006, 09:34 PM
They just said on channel 9 news that this passed.

Gonzo
07-17-2006, 09:37 PM
I guess my question is, what the hell good is a pit bull anyway?
There was a baby here in Omaha that had his genitals bit off by one. Ever since I heard this story I agree with any law banning them from communities.

Halfcan
07-17-2006, 09:45 PM
So it will be really bad if you let your Pitbull smoke in a bar in OP.

Lurch
07-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Ah, damn. Wait till Big Daddy sees this. ROFL

Halfcan
07-17-2006, 09:54 PM
Now with no PitBulls-OP is the best place in the world to live. Gods Country.

Moooo
07-17-2006, 10:04 PM
I don't think its the dogs fault, I think its the owners fault. Try banning the people who have a history of mean dogs from having one, or make people have to pass a background check, a lot of these horrible incidents are from the dogs of people trying to hide things they do which are illegal.

My grandparents old next-door neighbors had a pitbull who was meaner than hell. My cousin and I fed him a porkchop once and he was nice to us from then on, until the guy got busted for selling crack out of his basement (which explains the mean pit bull).

Though I have heard that pit bulls have 4 times as much biting pressure in their jaw than any other dog (boxer comes second closest I think). So maybe the severity of the incidents will go down, but the occurance of them won't.

Moooo

alanm
07-17-2006, 10:17 PM
I don't think its the dogs fault, I think its the owners fault. Try banning the people who have a history of mean dogs from having one, or make people have to pass a background check, a lot of these horrible incidents are from the dogs of people trying to hide things they do which are illegal.

My grandparents old next-door neighbors had a pitbull who was meaner than hell. My cousin and I fed him a porkchop once and he was nice to us from then on, until the guy got busted for selling crack out of his basement (which explains the mean pit bull).

Though I have heard that pit bulls have 4 times as much biting pressure in their jaw than any other dog (boxer comes second closest I think). So maybe the severity of the incidents will go down, but the occurance of them won't.

Moooo
It's not the dogs fault. It's how their raised. The point is most communities are trying to ban agressive dogs period. Next they'll go after Chows, then Rottweilers, then Dobermans, then Shepards ect. ect. ect. It's like smoking bans they don't know when to stop. It's like people elect the most pussified people to run their towns. It's sickening. :shake: :cuss:

Ari Chi3fs
07-17-2006, 10:19 PM
we looked at this awesome house on a culdesac in Lees Summit... beautiful house and really good price... however, next door was two pitbulls in back yard. Since, we want to do a daycare... heh. Deal breaker.

Pitt Gorilla
07-17-2006, 10:33 PM
In Waterloo (IA), a pit knocked an old lady down and shredded her smaller dog. The pit will not be executed because he is normally a "good dog" and probably thought the smaller dog "was a toy."

Moooo
07-17-2006, 10:40 PM
In Waterloo (IA), a pit knocked an old lady down and shredded her smaller dog. The pit will not be executed because he is normally a "good dog" and probably thought the smaller dog "was a toy."

That is the pit bull quirk. They go into "hulk mode" and freak out over weird things. They'll hear someone yell and freak out, or something like that.

A lot of dogs do that too, but the capability of a pit bull makes it a lot more dangerous.

Moooo

Psyko Tek
07-17-2006, 11:21 PM
I don't like pits,
and for the most part I do think it's the owners fault,
no offense to the pit supporters here , but there are the jack holes who wanna big tough dog...

I am a german shepard owner and they bite a lotta people to...

and you know if the ban one breed for biting

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I did not speak out;
I was not a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

same sorta idea

Phobia
07-17-2006, 11:25 PM
Is Big Daddy dead or something? This thread has been up for a couple hours and no rant.

chief2000
07-18-2006, 12:48 AM
If anyone watches Dog Whisperer , you know that Pitbulls are always uncontrollable except for one person.............Caesar Milan.

Most of the PitBulls weren't being abused. They are just stupid beasts that don't listen to anyone.

HemiEd
07-18-2006, 04:36 AM
Is Big Daddy dead or something? This thread has been up for a couple hours and no rant.

It is still pretty early in California.

memyselfI
07-18-2006, 05:37 AM
Bravo!

I live and work in OP and will be sending kudos to all the council people who supported this measure. There are pleny of other locations (how about Tonganoxie) where people can live if the MUST own pitbulls. :clap:

memyselfI
07-18-2006, 05:38 AM
I don't like pits,
no offense to the pit supporters here , but there are the jack holes who wanna big tough dog...

Actually poodles probably bite more. It's the killing rather than the biting that is the problem.

memyselfI
07-18-2006, 05:40 AM

Moooo

Of course it's the owners fault. But you can't ban pitbulls from choosing the wrong owners anymore than you can stop abused children from choosing molesting or violent parents...

the next best thing is to curtail the availability of these dogs. OP is not saying you cannot own a dog. They are saying if you own one of these dogs you are welcome to live elsewhere.

the Talking Can
07-18-2006, 05:52 AM
I don't like pits,

and you know if the ban one breed for biting

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I did not speak out;
I was not a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

same sorta idea

you really just analogized the Holocaust and a ban on pit bulls?

OldTownChief
07-18-2006, 05:56 AM
I get so sick of the "It's the owners fault" BS. I'm not for/against Pit Bull banning, I couldn't care less but when was the last time you heard of a poodle owned by a "stupid owner" mauling a little kids face?

You can't create legislation to keep "stupid people" from owning them, so that argument is STUPID.

Saulbadguy
07-18-2006, 05:57 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

penguinz
07-18-2006, 06:14 AM
People will just move on to a different breed and train it to be mean and attack.

penguinz
07-18-2006, 06:14 AM
I get so sick of the "It's the owners fault" BS. I'm not for/against Pit Bull banning, I couldn't care less but when was the last time you heard of a poodle owned by a "stupid owner" mauling a little kids face?

You can't create legislation to keep "stupid people" from owning them, so that argument is STUPID.
Standard poodles can be very agressive.

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 06:40 AM

Moooo

theres noway of testing a dogs bite in PSI NONE.
dogs are individuals and bite hard because they want to.
Some pitbulls cant break a biscuit.

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 06:41 AM
Of course it's the owners fault. But you can't ban pitbulls from choosing the wrong owners anymore than you can stop abused children from choosing molesting or violent parents...

the next best thing is to curtail the availability of these dogs. OP is not saying you cannot own a dog. They are saying if you own one of these dogs you are welcome to live elsewhere.

you only post bait.

Dartgod
07-18-2006, 07:02 AM

Did you just suggest that abused children should be banned as well?

Dartgod
07-18-2006, 07:02 AM
you only post bait.
That's been her M.O. here for years.

Fire Me Boy!
07-18-2006, 07:06 AM
I disagree with the argument (that's always put forward) that says it's the owner's fault...

Obviously, sometimes it's the owners fault. But the fact is there are some breeds that simply are more aggressive than others, and some breeds that are more prone to violent outbursts than others.

My former dog, a Great Pyrenees -- the dogs were bred as a breed to guard sheep and goats. Consequently, the breed as a whole makes great guard dogs. The pitbull, as a breed, was made to fight. It's what they do. It's instinct.

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 07:10 AM
That's been her M.O. here for years.

masterbaiter.

morphius
07-18-2006, 07:11 AM
I heard this on the radio this morning, "It's not that Pitbulls bite people more often then other dogs, its just that when they do bite, they do a better job of it."

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 07:16 AM
after hearing all the myths and bs for years ive come to the conclusion that the pitbull type is the most widely misunderstood dog ever.

doesnt matter that weve had atleast 1k worth of posts on the subject and that oldtimers and noobs alike still post ignorant takes.
Doesnt matter that more than one person here knows the breed and posts facts and truths.
doesnt matter that the breed is just a token of the direction kids and young males are heading in.
doesnt matter.

all the stoopid shit still floats to the top.

kepp
07-18-2006, 07:17 AM
That is the pit bull quirk. They go into "hulk mode" and freak out over weird things. They'll hear someone yell and freak out, or something like that.

A lot of dogs do that too, but the capability of a pit bull makes it a lot more dangerous.

Moooo
So is this an owner-installed quirk, or instinct?

My ex-wife had a whiny, barky little pekingnese (sp?) and that thing bit me all the time. The thing is, a bit from that thing would be lucky to break the skin but a bite from a pit bull kills.

I think that bad owners certainly add to the dog's volatility, but the instinct is there and, given their capabilities, makes them more dangerous than other dogs.

Dartgod
07-18-2006, 07:20 AM
I think that bad owners certainly add to the dog's volatility, but the instinct is there and, given their capabilities, makes them more dangerous than other dogs.
Doesn't this one just strike fear into your heart?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2d/Fly-my-kite-our-gang.jpg

Fire Me Boy!
07-18-2006, 07:23 AM
Doesn't this one just strike fear into your heart?

No, but this does.

http://www.tv-kult.de/bilder/dks06.jpg

Bwana
07-18-2006, 07:25 AM
you only post bait.

Yes indeed, that's how it gets off.

Garcia Bronco
07-18-2006, 07:27 AM
what is OP?

Fire Me Boy!
07-18-2006, 07:27 AM
Overland Park, KS

Dartgod
07-18-2006, 07:29 AM
No, but this does.

http://www.tv-kult.de/bilder/dks06.jpg
ROFL

Garcia Bronco
07-18-2006, 07:46 AM
Good for Overland Park. Pit Bulls suck

Chiefnj
07-18-2006, 08:01 AM
Of course they passed it. BD posted an article last week that said only a handfull of people turned out at a town meeting to oppose it. If the people in OP (including the 100's of owners of these dogs) don't care enough to turn out and make their position known, why should you care what happens in OP.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Good for Overland Park. Pit Bulls suck

Big surprise coming from the new pussy ass epicenter of the United States. You always came across as more of a gerbil man anyway. This shouldn't concern you.

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 09:14 AM
pitbulls do suck.

Garcia Bronco
07-18-2006, 09:24 AM
Big surprise coming from the new pussy ass epicenter of the United States. You always came across as more of a gerbil man anyway. This shouldn't concern you.

Look BD..I'm all for less laws and less government...but when lives and property values are frequently negatively impacted by people and their violent dogs...this is the outcome. Direct you anger where it belongs...at irresponsible pit bull owners.

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 09:27 AM
Look BD..I'm all for less laws and less government...but when lives and property values are frequently negatively impacted by people and their violent dogs...this is the outcome. Direct you anger where it belongs...at irresponsible pit bull owners.

so which is it pitbulls or crapy owners?

KingPriest2
07-18-2006, 09:30 AM

So what you are saying is We should ban children then

morphius
07-18-2006, 09:30 AM
Of course they passed it. BD posted an article last week that said only a handfull of people turned out at a town meeting to oppose it. If the people in OP (including the 100's of owners of these dogs) don't care enough to turn out and make their position known, why should you care what happens in OP.
They said there were only like 20 registered Pit Bulls in OP.

Dartgod
07-18-2006, 09:33 AM
So what you are saying is We should ban children thenYeah, I only beat you by two and a half hours on this.
Did you just suggest that abused children should be banned as well?

ChiefFripp
07-18-2006, 09:35 AM
Why not just call this the "Tryin' to bait Big Daddy thread"?

Garcia Bronco
07-18-2006, 09:36 AM
so which is it pitbulls or crapy owners?

I'm sure it varies for situation to situation. Obviously though each is problem.

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 09:37 AM
Why not just call this the "Tryin' to bait Big Daddy thread"?

Troys passion for what he feels is right & wrong is to be respected.

CoMoChief
07-18-2006, 09:37 AM
You really have to ask yourself the question what good is having a pit bull in a small community like a neighborhood? Historically they're highly highly aggressive dogs. To have one out in the country on a farm or something where theres alot of land thats somewhat secluded from an actual neighborhood is one thing, to maybe keep out the possums or coyotes, etc from their land or to have one guard a junk yard or something is one thing. But to have one in a neighborhood where there are small children around who dont think twice about going up to a "doggy" they see is dumb. Does it depend on the owner at all? Sure it does, but these dogs geneticallly have a chemical upmake that makes them highly more aggressive than most dogs. Put a bad owner along with that and you got a major problem in the community.

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 09:38 AM
I'm sure it varies for situation to situation. Obviously though each is problem.

your thoughts on the 'whys' of said problem.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 09:39 AM

Biting hasn't changed much over 30 years, only the popularity of certain breeds.

http://www.coldsteelpits.com/coldsteelviciouspits.htm

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 09:39 AM
You really have to ask yourself the question what good is having a pit bull in a small community like a neighborhood? Historically they're highly highly aggressive dogs. To have one out in the country on a farm or something where theres alot of land thats somewhat secluded from an actual neighborhood is one thing, to maybe keep out the possums or coyotes, etc from their land or to have one guard a junk yard or something is one thing. But to have one in a neighborhood where there are small children around who dont think twice about going up to a "doggy" they see is dumb. Does it depend on the owner at all? Sure it does, but these dogs geneticallly have a chemical upmake that makes them highly more aggressive than most dogs. Put a bad owner along with that and you got a major problem in the community.

chemical?

what?

ROFL

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 09:42 AM

You really can't blame people after what happened in Denver. Law abiding citizens who registered their dogs were the first ones they went after.

20 showed up for the meeting opposed and only 2 showed up supporting the legislation.

Chiefnj
07-18-2006, 09:42 AM

The article said the council estimated there was somewhere between 500 and 1000 pitbulls, but only a very small % were registered. When I posed the question as to why there would be such a small number of dogs registered BD said he doesn't register his dog because registration is the first step to "them" coming and taking your dog away. So, either OP enacted the law over a measly 20 dogs, or there are many more dogs who have owners who don't register them for whatever reason. Probably the latter.

CoMoChief
07-18-2006, 09:48 AM
chemical?

what?

ROFL

There are certain chemicals in their genetic upmake that make them more aggressive than other dogs. They freak out and get into attack mode more than any other dog in this country. You cant argue that, that is a fact. You know what I mean, dont be an ass.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 09:50 AM
There are certain chemicals in their genetic upmake that make them more aggressive than other dogs.They freak out and get into attack mode more than any other dog in this country. You cant argue that, that is a fact. You know what I mean, dont be an ass.

What ****ing planet are you from?

Dartgod
07-18-2006, 09:50 AM
There are certain chemicals in their genetic upmake that make them more aggressive than other dogs. They freak out and get into attack mode more than any other dog in this country. You cant argue that, that is a fact. You know what I mean, dont be an ass.
Link?

alanm
07-18-2006, 09:54 AM
Bravo!

I live and work in OP and will be sending kudos to all the council people who supported this measure. There are pleny of other locations (how about Tonganoxie) where people can live if the MUST own pitbulls. :clap:
I'm not suprised at all that you would support genocide. Of animals or Israel for that matter.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 10:03 AM
I'm not suprised at all that you would support genocide. Of animals or Israel for that matter.

meme the great humanitarian.

CoMoChief
07-18-2006, 10:04 AM
What ****ing planet are you from?

Are you arguing that Pit Bulls are not more aggressive than other dogs? Can you find one dog that is more agressive?

CoMoChief
07-18-2006, 10:05 AM
Link?

I dont need to send you a link. Millions of people around the country agree with this.

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 10:12 AM

having owned hundreds of APBTs and been around thousands no i dont know what you mean.

thats right HUNDREDS.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 10:12 AM
Are you arguing that Pit Bulls are not more aggressive than other dogs? Can you find one dog that is more agressive?

You still haven't backed up any of your facts.

More aggressive in what sense? To People? Yes there are many breeds that are much more human aggressive.

Know what's funny. Back when I started posting on BSL and the big picture people told me I was paranoid. Beware of the black helicopters ect. Now with over 20 breeds banned in different areas of the country and some of the aggressive initial legislation being proposed throughout KC and Missouri I am not hearing it anymore. Wait till they start adding other breeds. Rotties are next followed by many other breeds. You guys are letting the PETA/meme types buy your politicians out. As much grief as I got about how bad our elected officials are out here it's not looking real good for people in your neck of the woods.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 10:13 AM
I dont need to send you a link. Millions of people around the country agree with this.

Dude what are you like 12 years old?

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 10:14 AM
You still haven't backed up any of your facts.

More aggressive in what sense? To People? Yes there are many breeds that are much more human aggressive.

Know what's funny. Back when I started posting on BSL and the big picture people told me I was paranoid. Beware of the black helicopters ect. Now with over 20 breeds banned in different areas of the country and some of the aggressive initial legislation being proposed throughout KC and Missouri I am not hearing it anymore. Wait till they start adding other breeds. Rotties are next followed by many other breeds. You guys are letting the PETA/meme types buy your politicians out. As much grief as I got about how bad our elected officials are out here it's not looking real good for people in your neck of the woods.

people are the logical next step.

Dartgod
07-18-2006, 10:16 AM
Sure. You can just throw around misinformation, that you claim to be fact, without citing your sources. I've never heard that there was some "chemical" that made them more aggressive. Show me the proof.

KCTitus
07-18-2006, 10:26 AM
Eh...so what. I cant stand dogs to begin with. I see this as nothing more than when they started banning fireworks in city limits.

Iowanian
07-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Regardless of City ords.....I'm shocked that Pitt Owners aren't being dropped by their liability insurance carriers.

I had a friend who was dropped a year or two ago for having a Rott, that has since died.

I've said it before....I don't think dogs like these bite more people than small breeds, but when they do, the damage is far, far more severe.

I've been watching closer in my location....Most of the people I see with Pitts aren't families...its thugs, wanna be thugs and trailer trash for the most part..and most of them have 2-3 pitts with them.

I do have a friend in town that has one...it barks like hell when you arrive, doesn't seem very social, but is far less nasty than the large, unruly catahoula they have.

ChiefsfaninPA
07-18-2006, 10:36 AM
I've been watching closer in my location....Most of the people I see with Pitts aren't families...its thugs, wanna be thugs and trailer trash for the most part..and most of them have 2-3 pitts with them.

I think this is the whole point, these dogs are ending up with the wrong owners. I live in a city where only drug dealers or wanna be thugs own these types of dogs. In the summer you can go to any of the local parks and watch these guys fight these dogs. And to train them to fight, they have them kill cats, squirrels and anything they can catch and fight on. I have never seen a good Pit. Maybe that is only because everyday I encounter these dogs that act this way. Stereotype, of course but unfortunately it is the reality of EVERY pit I have seen.

NLU Tailgater
07-18-2006, 10:37 AM
Here's your typical pit bull owner....
I just found this on the Dallas Craigslist.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/zip/183363914.html

Iowanian
07-18-2006, 10:39 AM
I don't think every pitt is a bad dog, and I don't think every owner is a dirtbag.

Its just that the ones you notice and that get the press ARE the bad ones.

If some of the breeds didn't do as much damage to people when they did attack, I don't think this would be an issue.

I know labs bite people, but they very rarely physically debillitate someone or rip their face off.

ChiefsfaninPA
07-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Here's your typical pit bull owner....
I just found this on the Dallas Craigslist.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/zip/183363914.html

Are you trying to say that all pit owners have there walls painted white?

NLU Tailgater
07-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Yup, and grey carpet with a knocked over trash can...

Dartgod
07-18-2006, 10:49 AM
I think this is the whole point, these dogs are ending up with the wrong owners. I live in a city where only drug dealers or wanna be thugs own these types of dogs. In the summer you can go to any of the local parks and watch these guys fight these dogs. And to train them to fight, they have them kill cats, squirrels and anything they can catch and fight on. I have never seen a good Pit. Maybe that is only because everyday I encounter these dogs that act this way. Stereotype, of course but unfortunately it is the reality of EVERY pit I have seen.
It's not just the owners. It's irresponsible breeders as well. A responsible breeder will euthanize any pup that shows signs of aggression towards humans so that trait is not carried on to future generations.

There's too many crack heads/meth heads raising aggressive dogs that are breeding them with other aggressive pits.

htismaqe
07-18-2006, 10:52 AM

Fox terriers and Jack Russell terriers are generally more aggressive than APBT's.

Of course, they're also much smaller.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 10:58 AM
Yup, and grey carpet with a knocked over trash can...

What a bunch of shit. I live in a very high end neighborhood. I have a pit and so does my neighbor. We have at least 12 in the area I run mine. All families. All of them with property that is probably worth more than you will ever be. It's not their fault you live around a bunch of crack heads.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 11:09 AM
Talk about hypocracy. It is the liberals in general that pass this legisaltion. They go on and on about how we can't profile people in airports and the like because we wouldn't want to hurt any ragheads feeeeeewings. Yet there are millions of citizens that own what they consider pits in the country and only a very few that ever do anything wrong. Even so they for profiling when it comes to breed specific genocide. You tell me what is a bigger threat to people in our country terrorism or somebody's dog? I won't even get into how many successfully defend their households annually.

Saulbadguy
07-18-2006, 11:10 AM
I heard this on the radio this morning, "It's not that Pitbulls bite people more often then other dogs, its just that when they do bite, they do a better job of it."
Perhaps that is as citizens, we are allowed to carry handguns, but not fully automatic assault weapons.

Garcia Bronco
07-18-2006, 11:11 AM
your thoughts on the 'whys' of said problem.

I'm sure the "why's" run the gambit from training the dogs to be violent to breed genetics. Is this solely the fault of the dog? Who'e to say. All I can tell you is...no dog...no problem.

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 11:11 AM
It's not just the owners. It's irresponsible breeders as well. A responsible breeder will euthanize any pup that shows signs of aggression towards humans so that trait is not carried on to future generations.

There's too many crack heads/meth heads raising aggressive dogs that are breeding them with other aggressive pits.

was talking to my Grandmother last week and she asked about the dogs.
So im tellin her and she picks up that i have one less.

I tell her he was the one that was always 'off' and that i had tried and tried to get him straight. That he had growled at me and just not acted 'right'. told her this was a liability and i couldnt have a off not right dog.

She asks ' did you shoot him'

NO i hit him in the head w/ a hammer. bullets are expensive hammers and gravity are free.

Gosh she says im not coming down to visit if i get sick or weird.

why?

cause hammers are free.

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 11:12 AM
I'm sure the "why's" run the gambit from training the dogs to be violent to breed genetics. Is this solely the fault of the dog? Who'e to say. All I can tell you is...no dog...no problem.

you should dahm well know if it wasnt one it would be another.

Saulbadguy
07-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Fox terriers and Jack Russell terriers are generally more aggressive than APBT's.

Yeah. You can just drop kick those little shits.

CoMoChief
07-18-2006, 11:13 AM
Dude what are you like 12 years old?

Try again BD. I'm not personally attacking you in any way shape or form. I know you're a Pit Bull lover and and I'm sure you're a decent guy and thats fine. Try not to get your panties rolled up in a bunch over this, epsecially on an internet message board when the legislation in Overland Park, KS has no effect on you.

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 11:14 AM

i think people get terriers and expect something else.

like people who get basset hounds and them beat them because they bawl all night.

CoMoChief
07-18-2006, 11:16 AM

Hate to agree with a Broncos fan but he is absolutely right. Theres no advantage of having a Pit Bull in a neighborhood full of small children, period. What is it such that you need a guard/fighting dog in a high classed community like OP, KS? There is none. Like what Garcia said no dog means no problem and they are more welcome to go live somewhere else if they dont like it. If they're not committed enough to go to a city board meeting over this than it's their faults for it passing.

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 11:16 AM
just wait till the Taso dogs get popular w/ the trailer/govt. housing types.

then we can really witness a bloodbath.

Tatertot13
07-18-2006, 11:18 AM
I had my scrotum ripped off by a pack of Yorkshire Terriers!!!

MOhillbilly
Hate to agree with a Broncos fan but he is absolutely right. Theres no advantage of having a Pit Bull in a neighborhood full of small children, period. What is it such that you need a guard/fighting dog in a high classed community like OP, KS? There is none. Like what Garcia said no dog means no problem and they are more welcome to go live somewhere else.

yeah i dont like stupid rich wigger kids either.

CoMoChief

Hyper and aggressive are two different things. I once had a JRT. The guy could play for hours, even in his elder years.

Dartgod
07-18-2006, 11:19 AM
I'm still waiting to find out more about this "magic chemical" that makes pits more aggressive.

I've done quite a bit of Googling for it this morning too and have found nada about it, which is curious considering "millions of people" know about it.

penguinz
07-18-2006, 11:19 AM
I had my scrotum ripped off by a pack of Yorkshire Terriers!!!
Good... Your genetics needed to be cleaned out of the gene pool anyways.

Garcia Bronco
07-18-2006, 11:20 AM
you should dahm well know if it wasnt one it would be another.

Rarely does anything occur in nature that is completely something or the other. Typically many different factors sum to complete the product.

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 11:21 AM
Hyper and aggressive are two different things. I once had a JRT. The guy could play for hours, even in his elder years.

vigor is what it is, all the same.

What triggers a jack to bite will trigger a pitbull to bite.

penguinz
07-18-2006, 11:21 AM
I'm still waiting to find out more about this "magic chemical" that makes pits more aggressive.

I've done quite a bit of Googling for it this morning too and have found nada about it, which is curious considering "millions of people" know about it.
http://www.whisky-online.com/acatalog/vodka-absolut-box-1063.gif

CoMoChief
07-18-2006, 11:22 AM
yeah i dont like stupid rich wigger kids either.

Well I cant argue with that. I dont like them as well.

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 11:24 AM
Rarely does anything occur in nature that is completely something or the other. Typically many different factors sum to complete the product.
yeah ya dont have to tell me:)

i mean if it wasnt one breed it would be another.

macho men and prissy ladies have ruined many many many great breeds.

CoMoChief
07-18-2006, 11:26 AM
vigor is what it is, all the same.

What triggers a jack to bite will trigger a pitbull to bite.

That's not entirely true, yes there are some obvious things that will trigger almost all dogs to bite.

htismaqe
07-18-2006, 11:26 AM

Actually, it's not.

Hyper and aggressive are terms used by HUMANS to describe high-energy behavior.

A Jack Russell is PERCEIVED as hyper, because he's small. When my Yorkie hops around, barks, growls at me, bites my Chihuahua, and licks me in the face, she's being "playful".

When a pit does those things, they're "dangerous".

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 11:28 AM
That's not entirely true, yes there are some obvious things that will trigger almost all dogs to bite.

it is true.

You can condition a jack and a bulldog to either end of whatever spectrum you desire.
throw in poor breeding or not doesnt matter.
Vigor is the key.

Garcia Bronco
07-18-2006, 11:29 AM
yeah ya dont have to tell me:)

i mean if it wasnt one breed it would be another.

macho men and prissy ladies have ruined many many many great breeds.

I know several people that have been mauled by these dogs in child hood. I was almost attacked once by one as an adult. I know a lady who cannot sell her home because a neighbor has 3-4 of these dogs. If I were her I would kill them. While it may be a great breed, the reality is individuals in our society are ruining it for others that love the breed and raise then properly.

Garcia Bronco
07-18-2006, 11:32 AM

There is a neurotransmitter and neurons responsible for all emotions whether it's an intelligent being or not. Including but not limited to anger, aggression, and love.

Dartgod
07-18-2006, 11:32 AM
While it may be a great breed, the reality is individuals in our society are ruining it for others that love the breed and raise then properly.
I couldn't agree more. It has nothing to do with some magic chemical.

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 11:35 AM
I know several people that have been mauled by these dogs in child hood. I was almost attacked once by one as an adult. I know a lady who cannot sell her home because a neighbor has 3-4 of these dogs. If I were her I would kill them. While it may be a great breed, the reality is individuals in our society are ruining it for others that love the breed and raise then properly.

true enough.

i was once almost attacked my a neighbors border collie,fugger tried to jump through my window in my PU.

I rolled his ass w/ a 12 gauge the next day.

If my dogs tried to eat someone for funsies theyd have to beat me to the hammer.

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 11:37 AM
There is a neurotransmitter and neurons responsible for all emotions whether it's an intelligent being or not. Including but not limited to anger, aggression, and love.
its a gene carried in all dogs.

Oldtimers(gamedog breeders) knew about it and culled all non hackers.

Garcia Bronco
07-18-2006, 11:37 AM
I couldn't agree more. It has nothing to do with some magic chemical.

Indeed...and environmental stimulus is involved.

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 11:43 AM
Indeed...and environmental stimulus is involved.

the gene not properly culled for and abused for countless generations coupled w/ conditioning through abuse is a problem.

esp. these type dogs.

OK-

I once knew a man who was severly abusive towards his charges. yet his dogs never bit anyone. he had kids and lived in the middle of town.
10-15 years and noone ever got bit.

these were thoroughbred dogs from lines w/ no history of manbiters passed down by guys who knew the score.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 11:49 AM
If I were her I would kill them. While it may be a great breed, the reality is individuals in our society are ruining it for others that love the breed and raise then properly.

Reality is we need to go after irresponsible owners. With the other mentality of just remove the dog and eliminate the problem you would have to go with that in many other areas as well. Next thing you know we will be outlawing baseball bats. It's not the gun, the knife, the bat, the dog or anything else that is the issue it is the owner. In all areas you need to persue legislation that goes after the bad owners and not the other object no matter what it is. To go after the other object is a mentality with deep roots in liberal thought. THe fact that meme is for it should tell you everything you need to know.

banyon
07-18-2006, 11:55 AM
Talk about hypocracy. It is the liberals in general that pass this legisaltion. They go on and on about how we can't profile people in airports and the like because we wouldn't want to hurt any ragheads feeeeeewings. Yet there are millions of citizens that own what they consider pits in the country and only a very few that ever do anything wrong. Even so they for profiling when it comes to breed specific genocide. You tell me what is a bigger threat to people in our country terrorism or somebody's dog? I won't even get into how many successfully defend their households annually.

I disagree with you on this one, BD. I'm a pukin leftie (although progresive and not liberal) and I don't think this is a great or necessary ordinance.

The last time I checked, the OP was not exactly a hotbed of liberalism. These are the new breed of conservatives. They want this ordinance because it keeps their expensive property and stuff "nice". They are often people who like being in charge of Homeowner's Associations that bother residents with petty complaints about weeds or signposts as if they were Heinrich Himmler. These people will also accept whatever big government legislation proposed to keep their "nice stuff" safe, no matter the cost to their civil liberties or privacy. Sure they don't like taxes, because it allows them to accumulate less "nice stuff", but don't really care if their grandchildren are saddled with the debt. These people support the smoking bans and similar petty ordinances for the same reasons, but is is not purely liberal/conservative. JMO

morphius
07-18-2006, 12:00 PM
Reality is we need to go after irresponsible owners. With the other mentality of just remove the dog and eliminate the problem you would have to go with that in many other areas as well. Next thing you know we will be outlawing baseball bats. It's not the gun, the knife, the bat, the dog or anything else that is the issue it is the owner. In all areas you need to persue legislation that goes after the bad owners and not the other object no matter what it is. To go after the other object is a mentality with deep roots in liberal thought. THe fact that meme is for it should tell you everything you need to know.
I don't really like the argument of comparing an animal capable of some decision making with an inanimate object.

I'm honestly very neutral on this subject, as I'm not a big fan of dogs.

Garcia Bronco
07-18-2006, 12:01 PM
Reality is we need to go after irresponsible owners. .

While I wish this was the case...it would be beyond difficult to prove because the dog cannot give testimony. Otherwise it's the correct course of action. I too very dirty that I agree with Denise on this subject, but I believe each situation has it's own solution.

KCTitus
07-18-2006, 12:03 PM
Reality is we need to go after irresponsible owners. With the other mentality of just remove the dog and eliminate the problem you would have to go with that in many other areas as well.

Locally, a woman was recently convicted of manslaughter charges when her pit/rot killed another woman. To date, none of the cities/counties around here are pushing ban legislation...that I know of anyway.

Garcia Bronco
07-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Locally, a woman was recently convicted of manslaughter charges when her pit/rot killed another woman. To date, none of the cities/counties around here are pushing ban legislation...that I know of anyway.

In Richmond?

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 12:05 PM
I disagree with you on this one, BD. I'm a pukin leftie (although progresive and not liberal) and I don't think this is a great or necessary ordinance.

The last time I checked, the OP was not exactly a hotbed of liberalism. These are the new breed of conservatives. They want this ordinance because it keeps their expensive property and stuff "nice". They are often people who like being in charge of Homeowner's Associations that bother residents with petty complaints about weeds or signposts as if they were Heinrich Himmler. These people will also accept whatever big government legislation proposed to keep their "nice stuff" safe, no matter the cost to their civil liberties or privacy. Sure they don't like taxes, because it allows them to accumulate less "nice stuff", but don't really care if their grandchildren are saddled with the debt. These people support the smoking bans and similar petty ordinances for the same reasons, but is is not purely liberal/conservative. JMO

You are right it is not purely a liberal/conservative issue but the HUGE majority of the time it is. From Europe through Canada and into the United States. BSL was voted through almost exclusively by liberals in Canada and Europe. I posted the voting results in Canada here a long time ago. Here in California it was promoted by Newsome and Speier who are both VERY liberal.

Good to hear you don't support it though, that's great.

KCTitus
07-18-2006, 12:07 PM
In Richmond?

Yeah, either that or Petersburg. I dont remember where exactly. There were a couple of incidents recently.

Pitt Gorilla
07-18-2006, 12:07 PM
Reality is we need to go after irresponsible owners. With the other mentality of just remove the dog and eliminate the problem you would have to go with that in many other areas as well. Next thing you know we will be outlawing baseball bats. It's not the gun, the knife, the bat, the dog or anything else that is the issue it is the owner. In all areas you need to persue legislation that goes after the bad owners and not the other object no matter what it is. To go after the other object is a mentality with deep roots in liberal thought. THe fact that meme is for it should tell you everything you need to know.Laws against pot are rooted in liberal thought?

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 12:08 PM

That's the answer. Lock her ass up. If people know there are going to face serious charges it will definately make a difference. Will everything ever be perfect, no. Making an impact in an area that already isn't that bad though will be great.

KCTitus
07-18-2006, 12:09 PM
Garcia: here's what I googled...she was convicted of manslaughter.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1419144

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 12:10 PM
Laws against pot are rooted in liberal thought?

Moral Legislation = Conservative thought
PC Danger Legislation = Liberal thought.

I don't agree with either.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 12:13 PM
Garcia: here's what I googled...she was convicted of manslaughter.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1419144

They are going after the lady here BIG TIME. She is going down like a $20 whore and she should. She is already blaming the kid now for the situation. He was 12.

KCTitus
07-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Here's the conviction story...3 years recommended by Jury.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD/MGArticle/RTD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1128768876458

CoMoChief
07-18-2006, 12:17 PM

Cmon are you really associating dog bites with guns, knives, and other weapons?!?!

CoMoChief
07-18-2006, 12:19 PM
Here's the conviction story...3 years recommended by Jury.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD/MGArticle/RTD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1128768876458

I dont think anyone should be sent to prison over it by any means unless they are outright training the dogs to fight and attack people. They should just have the dogs put under along with a large fine in this case at least. Not to mention there would be a civil case to follow anyways.

Demonpenz
07-18-2006, 12:23 PM
when is it time to just let it go and try focusing on winnable battles. Probably never for loyal owners

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Cmon are you really associating dog bites with guns, knives, and other weapons?!?!

Actually it probably isn't the best comparison as you're more likely to die from getting hit in the head with a coconut as any dog. Seriously they all can provide great protection. My dog stopped a burglary attempt in my last house. If you don't think dogs provide a lot of protection for citizens you're trippen. If you don't think so watch court TV some time and ask yourself how many times this would have happened if they had a real dog.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 12:25 PM
I dont think anyone should be sent to prison over it by any means unless they are outright training the dogs to fight and attack people. They should just have the dogs put under along with a large fine in this case at least. Not to mention there would be a civil case to follow anyways.

WOW

CoMoChief
07-18-2006, 12:28 PM
WOW

You're telling me that when 3 Pit Bulls attack and kill an 80 year old lady they shouldnt be put under?!?!

morphius
07-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Actually it probably isn't the best comparison as you're more likely to die from getting hit in the head with a coconut as any dog. Seriously they all can provide great protection. My dog stopped a burglary attempt in my last house. If you don't think dogs provide a lot of protection for citizens you're trippen. If you don't think so watch court TV some time and ask yourself how many times this would have happened if they had a real dog.
I also doubt saying that the only "real" dogs are ones that will kill an intruder", is gonna help your, "it's the owner's stupid" arguement...

banyon
07-18-2006, 12:32 PM
You are right it is not purely a liberal/conservative issue but the HUGE majority of the time it is. From Europe through Canada and into the United States. BSL was voted through almost exclusively by liberals in Canada and Europe. I posted the voting results in Canada here a long time ago.[B]
Good to hear you don't support it though, that's great.

In the OP, it was more likely councilpeople like I described. There aren't a lot of libs in the OP, cuz dey got da mad jack$$$$!

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 12:32 PM
You're telling me that when 3 Pit Bulls attack and kill an 80 year old lady they shouldnt be put under?!?!

Yea they should be put under but the owner should be held accountible.

CoMoChief
07-18-2006, 12:33 PM

All I'm saying is that a dog has a mind of it's own as a gun or knife does not, so the way you associated the two doesnt make any sense. Pit Bulls do provide great protection as do other dogs. Those dogs have been simply bread for guarding/fighting etc. It's one thing to have these dogs out in the country or somewhere where theres alot of land, but its lunacy to have them in a neighborhood where there are small kids running around all the time. Property value on houses that live next to Pits go down for a reason. Home insurance goes up when one owns a Pit Bull (at least here in KC). It's not an act of Liberals or Conservatives, it's the fact that these dogs are dangerous, period. That's why its also illegal to have a Tiger or a Lion. I may exaggerating that a little too extreme but it's the same motive.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 12:33 PM
I also doubt saying that the only "real" dogs are ones that will kill an intruder", is gonna help your, "it's the owner's stupid" arguement...

Show me where I said the only real dog is one that will kill an intruder.

CoMoChief
07-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Yea they should be put under but the owner should be held accountible.

Then the owner will/should get sued up the ass, not get sent to prison for simply not chaining up her dogs etc.

KCTitus
07-18-2006, 12:35 PM
I dont think anyone should be sent to prison over it by any means unless they are outright training the dogs to fight and attack people.

I disagree.

CoMoChief
07-18-2006, 12:36 PM
Show me where I said the only real dog is one that will kill an intruder.
You did say that someones house wouldnt have gotten burglarized if they had a real dog. Therefore you're expecting the burglar would have been killed/attacked if they encountered the "real" dog.

morphius
07-18-2006, 12:38 PM
You did say that someones house wouldnt have gotten burglarized if they had a real dog. Therefore you're expecting the burglar would have been killed/attacked if they encountered the "real" dog.
Yup, exactly how I read it.

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 12:39 PM

i would. dogs are tools just like any domesticated animal.

put a gun in capable hands and the chances of an accident are small.
same w/ dogs.

My dogs are tools aswell as my friends.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 12:39 PM
All I'm saying is that a dog has a mind of it's own as a gun or knife does not, so the way you associated the two doesnt make any sense. Pit Bulls do provide great protection as do other dogs. Those dogs have been simply bread for guarding/fighting etc. It's one thing to have these dogs out in the country or somewhere where theres alot of land, but its lunacy to have them in a neighborhood where there are small kids running around all the time. Property value on houses that live next to Pits go down for a reason. Home insurance goes up when one owns a Pit Bull (at least here in KC). It's not an act of Liberals or Conservatives, it's the fact that these dogs are dangerous, period. That's why its also illegal to have a Tiger or a Lion. I may exaggerating that a little too extreme but it's the same motive.

Yea lets make assinine comparisons like wild animals. Even better lets use the insanely savage animals we can find. Your example is the exact one that our left of Stalin mayor in SF used.

Dartgod
07-18-2006, 12:40 PM
You did say that someones house wouldnt have gotten burglarized if they had a real dog. Therefore you're expecting the burglar would have been killed/attacked if they encountered the "real" dog.I think he was saying that his dog scared the burglar off. I had a boxer (actually was my roommates at the time) that started going off in the middle of the night. He stpped outside and some punk kid jumped out of my car and ran off. Same situation a few months later when she started going off again and some kids were attempting to steal a Suburban that belonged to the guy across the street.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 12:44 PM

Cool thing about real dogs, almost all potential dangerous people would rather move on when they see them. They also have MUCH better hearing than you or me. They are awesome for home security.

I am not exactly sure what your problem is with a dog attacking an intruder even if that was the case. Talk about extreme liberal thought. I guess your more concerned about the intruder.

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 12:45 PM

for you to just throw out things like 'a dog has a mind of it's own' 'have been simply bread for guarding/fighting etc' 'Property value on houses that live next to Pits go down for a reason'

shows extreme ignorance on your part.
A)you know shit about dogs
B)you know even less about bulldogs
C)you drible on like a parrot whos watched a tv program or read an article about an attack.

do you learn everything you think you know from the idiot box?
they call it that for a reason.

Dartgod
07-18-2006, 12:51 PM
for you to just throw out things like 'a dog has a mind of it's own' 'have been simply bread for guarding/fighting etc' 'Property value on houses that live next to Pits go down for a reason'

C)you drible on like a parrot whos watched a tv program or read an article about an attack.

I'm still waiting for his lilnk to the study that shows that pits have some chemical in them that no other dog has that makes them aggressive. He said it was a fact, so the info must be out there. I just can't find it.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 12:53 PM

Funny everyone I know that goes on like that has zero experience with the breed. That pup off Mayday I picked up a couple years back for my friend with the 4 year old had her birthday awhile back. They invited all her friends over. Parents were shocked to see a pit bull there hanging with the kids. By the end of the day she had won over a bunch of the parents who kept saying they had no idea what an extrememly loving and tolerant animal it was. Even more so than many of their dogs.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 12:55 PM
I'm still waiting for his lilnk to the study that shows that pits have some chemical in them that no other dog has that makes them aggressive. He said it was a fact, so the info must be out there. I just can't find it.

Millions of people know about it and agree with him dude. Where have you been? ROFL

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 12:56 PM
yeah troy i hear ya bro. mines are the same way.

Oh theyre crazy killing machine worse than the hells angels.

and yet after 5 minutes w/ Moxie & Catfish you dont hear the BS(as much)

Dartgod
07-18-2006, 12:59 PM
Funny everyone I know that goes on like that has zero experience with the breed. I have ZERO experience with the breed as well. But I have done research on the subject and understand what makes them aggressive towards humans. Some of it is genetic, but only because of irresponsible breeders. The rest is irresponsible owners and lack of training and discipline.

People that spout misinformation and then claim it as fact piss me off to no end.

Hog Farmer
07-18-2006, 01:49 PM
I have ZERO experience with the breed as well. But I have doen research on the subject and understand what makes them aggressive towards humans. Some of it is genetic, but only because of irresponsible breeders. The rest is irresponsible owners and lack of training and discipline.

People that spurt and cum in my mouth piss me off to no end.

:drool:

Dartgod
07-18-2006, 01:53 PM
:drool:
Why the obsession with me? Because I called you out for making an idiotic statement on the Royals plane thread?

Here's a tip. Don't say stupid stuff and you won't be called out on it.

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 01:54 PM
Why the obsession with me? Because I called you out for making an idiotic statement on the Royals plane thread?

Here's a tip. Don't say stupid stuff and you won't be called out on it.

all that pig ****in has gone to his head.

Always a Chief fan
07-18-2006, 01:57 PM
OMG! Here we go again with the pit bull ranting and raving.

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 01:59 PM
OMG! Here we go again with the pit bull ranting and raving.
shut the **** up noob.

this shits been goin on for years.

Iowanian
07-18-2006, 02:10 PM
Then the owner will/should get sued up the ass, not get sent to prison for simply not chaining up her dogs etc.

yeah....the thug, the wannabe and the Trailer honkey have enough to begin to cover say....plastic surgery and hospital say of a toddler that is mauled by their dog.

that, is alot of the crux of the problem. no way to make many of these people accountable for being dipshits.

bogie
07-18-2006, 02:12 PM
It's obvious to me you are not going to be able to change peoples minds about PB's. It should be obvious to you. If I were you and I wanted to save the breed, I would start going after the owners that you say are responsible. Spend less time trying to convince people that PB's are normal dogs and spend more time going after the irresponsible owners. I've never seen a thread started on here that says, here's what I'm doing to lead the march on getting rid of the dumbass breeders, gansters and trash that are giving PB's a bad name. All I see are threads telling people they're uneducated about PB's and if you haven't done your research on the breed your opinions are stupid. Stop trying to convince me that PB's are great dogs to have running around a neighborhood, they're not. Convince me that you (the person that wants to keep PB's around) are doing everything in your power to see to it that these dogs do not end up in the wrong hands. Otherwise, as long as dumbasses keep raising these killers, I'm going to support the ban. In my opinion, any parent that would allow there little kid to hang out at a house that owns a PB and that house lets children coochie, coochie, coo with a PB is an irresponsible idiot! I think we all agree that the biggest problem with PB's is their breeding and owners. So you PB owners need to change that! STFU and STFD and fix your PB community. It's not everybody elses fault, it's yours.

bogie
07-18-2006, 02:15 PM
Funny everyone I know that goes on like that has zero experience with the breed. That pup off Mayday I picked up a couple years back for my friend with the 4 year old had her birthday awhile back. They invited all her friends over. Parents were shocked to see a pit bull there hanging with the kids. By the end of the day she had won over a bunch of the parents who kept saying they had no idea what an extrememly loving and tolerant animal it was. Even more so than many of their dogs.

Those parents are dumbasses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whether you want to believe it or not their kids are at risk.

Iowanian
07-18-2006, 02:15 PM
I'm pretty sure someone just farted in Church.

Dartgod
07-18-2006, 02:17 PM
Those parents are dumbasses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whether you want to believe it or not their kids are at risk.
ROFL

You almost made some sense with the previous post and then you let this gem fly.

MOhillbilly
ROFL

bogie
Millions of people know about it and agree with him dude. Where have you been? ROFL

You guys can split hairs with this chemical BS all you want. PB's are dangerous because your peeps don't know how to control or raise them. Clean up your own back yard!

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 02:21 PM
You guys can split hairs with this chemical BS all you want. PB's are dangerous because your peeps don't know how to control or raise them. Clean up your own back yard!

thats why ive said from the start a ban is the best thing for the breed.

If we cant keep other things that harm the innocents out of the hands of goons wtf makes a phenotype of dog any diffrent.

Theyll just move on to more ghetto and macho breed.

ruin it.

move on.

BTW its not spliting hairs, it is genetics.

Always a Chief fan
07-18-2006, 02:23 PM
Fug off Mohillbilly, ya godamn redneck!

bogie
07-18-2006, 02:25 PM
ROFL

You almost made some sense with the previous post and then you let this gem fly.

I don't trust the breed. I feel like I would be putting my child at risk if she played at a house that had a PB. Why is that so hard to follow.

Always a Chief fan
07-18-2006, 02:25 PM
Mohillbilly, if rednecks were a breed,i'd be all for culling you.

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 02:27 PM
Fug off Mohillbilly, ya godamn redneck!

its MOhillbilly.

not Mohillbilly.

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 02:28 PM

my dogs would eat you first.
theyre really demons from the underground out for the blood of the ****tard noobs.

Iowanian
07-18-2006, 02:29 PM
It sounds like the Tonybigshowgonfrequilizuntherfan has a new name, but the same crush on bd.

bogie
07-18-2006, 02:31 PM

I wouldn't let my child play at your house either.

Always a Chief fan
07-18-2006, 02:32 PM
Heh! Just jerkin yer chain dumbass! Send them movin targets my way. Be more fun than shootin wild hogs.

Dartgod
07-18-2006, 02:33 PM
I don't trust the breed. I feel like I would be putting my child at risk if she played at a house that had a PB. Why is that so hard to follow.
Fine. You are allowed your opinion, but anyone who disagrees with it is an idiot?

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 02:35 PM
Heh! Just jerkin yer chain dumbass! Send them movin targets my way. Be more fun than shootin wild hogs.

you cant kill the anti christ w/ mortal weapons.

Didnt you know these dogs are the anti christ?

Moooo
07-18-2006, 02:35 PM
I heard a few people say for one reason or another pit bulls will snap occasionally. I heard one of the attacks in KC was actually the instance of a person who raises their Pit Bulls to be as kind as possible. The owner in this same case was the most shocked of anyone that his dog would do something like that.

I not against the discrimination of one specific dog breed, but if this is true, it does make you wonder.

Moooo

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 02:37 PM
I heard a few people say for one reason or another pit bulls will snap occasionally. I heard one of the attacks in KC was actually the instance of a person who raises their Pit Bulls to be as kind as possible. The owner in this same case was the most shocked of anyone that his dog would do something like that.

I not against the discrimination of one specific dog breed, but if this is true, it does make you wonder.

Moooo

link-

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 02:39 PM
It's obvious to me you are not going to be able to change peoples minds about PB's. It should be obvious to you. If I were you and I wanted to save the breed, I would start going after the owners that you say are responsible. Spend less time trying to convince people that PB's are normal dogs and spend more time going after the irresponsible owners. I've never seen a thread started on here that says, here's what I'm doing to lead the march on getting rid of the dumbass breeders, gansters and trash that are giving PB's a bad name. All I see are threads telling people they're uneducated about PB's and if you haven't done your research on the breed your opinions are stupid. Stop trying to convince me that PB's are great dogs to have running around a neighborhood, they're not. Convince me that you (the person that wants to keep PB's around) are doing everything in your power to see to it that these dogs do not end up in the wrong hands. Otherwise, as long as dumbasses keep raising these killers, I'm going to support the ban. In my opinion, any parent that would allow there little kid to hang out at a house that owns a PB and that house lets children coochie, coochie, coo with a PB is an irresponsible idiot! I think we all agree that the biggest problem with PB's is their breeding and owners. So you PB owners need to change that! STFU and STFD and fix your PB community. It's not everybody elses fault, it's yours.

So you want me go to your neighborhood and clean it up because you have irresponsible PB owners there? That's the answer to you? You have no idea how much time I spend on this issue. I have sent thousands of e-mails and made hundreds of calls to Legislators, Counsel Members, Mayors, Senators, Representatives ect. which is the best use of the time I have. The theme is basically what I have been posting all along to punish the deed and not the breed. What do you think will happen after all pit bulls have been banned? The bad element you speak of isn't gong away. They will just move on to one of 20 other breeds. Irregardless of how you think my time should be used I have found the 2nd best use of my time has been in actual exposure to the breed. Like this party where there were approximately 20 families attending many had real issues because of the brainwashing the media had given them. I could have talked for months and they would still have the same opinion. Only by being around them did anything change and it changed quick. I think the dog was talked about more than anything else at the end of the day and it was all really good feedback. Last year I was taking mine to the park with a sign that said pet a real pit bull. I would expose tons of kids and families to the breed and let them know about the real intent of BSL. I had a great time and so did the dog and so did all the kids. Talk about changing people's minds. Do you really think I would do that if I thought there was a chance for a problem?

I am not sure where all your STFD and STFU stuff is headed. You have seen all the numbers and seen the facts but they have little to no effect on you. In fact logic seems to escape you. Using your logic we should get rid of all guns because you have some crack heads on your street and until we are willing to get rid of all of them you are supporting a ban on firearms. Pretty ****ed up logic if you ask me.

bogie
07-18-2006, 02:40 PM
Fine. You are allowed your opinion, but anyone who disagrees with it is an idiot?

well... yea, pretty much.

Always a Chief fan
07-18-2006, 02:42 PM
What I don't understand is why you can own any big dog in town that has the potential to bite, and cause harm, yet you can't have a milk cow in your back yard, or chickens for fresh eggs, or a couple young pigs to slaughter for food in the fall. Someone tell me the reason for that?

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 02:43 PM
It sounds like the Tonybigshowgonfrequilizuntherfan has a new name, but the same crush on bd.

Geez there's a surprise. That guy has hidden from his past more than some Catholic priests.

htismaqe
07-18-2006, 02:47 PM
What I don't understand is why you can own any big dog in town that has the potential to bite, and cause harm, yet you can't have a milk cow in your back yard, or chickens for fresh eggs, or a couple young pigs to slaughter for food in the fall. Someone tell me the reason for that?

This is the guy that said MO is a redneck?

ROFL

bogie
07-18-2006, 02:54 PM
So you want me go to your neighborhood and clean it up because you have irresponsible PB owners there? That's the answer to you? You have no idea how much time I spend on this issue. I have sent thousands of e-mails and made hundreds of calls to Legislators, Counsel Members, Mayors, Senators, Representatives ect. which is the best use of the time I have. The theme is basically what I have been posting all along to punish the deed and not the breed. What do you think will happen after all pit bulls have been banned? The bad element you speak of isn't gong away. They will just move on to one of 20 other breeds. Irregardless of how you think my time should be used I have found the 2nd best use of my time has been in actual exposure to the breed. Like this party where there were approximately 20 families attending many had real issues because of the brainwashing the media had given them. I could have talked for months and they would still have the same opinion. Only by being around them did anything change and it changed quick. I think the dog was talked about more than anything else at the end of the day and it was all really good feedback. Last year I was taking mine to the park with a sign that said pet a real pit bull. I would expose tons of kids and families to the breed and let them know about the real intent of BSL. I had a great time and so did the dog and so did all the kids. Talk about changing people's minds. Do you really think I would do that if I thought there was a chance for a problem?

I am not sure where all your STFD and STFU stuff is headed. You have seen all the numbers and seen the facts but they have little to no effect on you. In fact logic seems to escape you. Using your logic we should get rid of all guns because you have some crack heads on your street and until we are willing to get rid of all of them you are supporting a ban on firearms. Pretty ****ed up logic if you ask me.

You're right, I don't know what you've tried to do to control who can or can't own a PB. I suspect that someone with your passion on the subject has probably done a lot. I don't know what emails and phone calls you've made to Legislators, Counsel Members, Mayors, Senators, Representatives etc. I'm curious, what suggestions have you given to these people on how to regulate PB owners? It has to go beyond punishing them after the fact doesn't it? PB owners need to be approved before they can own a PB and breeders need to be regulated on who they can sell the dogs to. I don't think we should get rid of guns, but I do believe we should regulate who can own a gun and I believe we do. We do it before the fact not after the fact.

Dartgod
07-18-2006, 02:55 PM
well... yea, pretty much.Good. It is a prerequisite for membership here. You can stay.

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 02:56 PM

my cuz lives in kc proper and his neighbor has chickens.

im gonna give him a trio of my fowl next spring.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 02:58 PM
I wouldn't let my child play at your house either.

Maybe you should put crash helmets and knee pads on your kids for dangerous game of hopscotch. Thank god they installed those seat belts on the mary go round now you can take them to the amusement park. :shake:

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 02:58 PM
PB owners need to be approved before they can own a PB and breeders need to be regulated on who they can sell the dogs to. I don't think we should get rid of guns, but I do believe we should regulate who can own a gun and I believe we do. We do it before the fact not after the fact.

prospective pet owners inparticular should have to take some sort of animal husbandry course.

Dartgod
07-18-2006, 03:01 PM
prospective pet owners inparticular should have to take some sort of animal husbandry course.WTF? i don't want to marry the critters, i jes' want 'em to proteck my stash!

Always a Chief fan
07-18-2006, 03:02 PM
LOL...That is true. But it is something to ponder.
I'm not fit to live around other people, that is why I put a self imposed ban on myself.I moved to the country to stay away from the lil burb wanna be gangstas with the shorts falling off. Might be a chemical urge in my brain to off some of them..J/K...LOL

memyselfI
07-18-2006, 03:04 PM
Of course I don't want to ban children... :rolleyes:

the point was that dogs and children really don't choose who raise them. As such, they are often times victims of their nuture. If they have the proclivity towards agression in their nature then being brought (nutured) by incompetent boobs is a recipe for disaster. But neither group gets a say of who raises them. They only suffer the consequences...

as such, when it comes to Pit Bulls (and Rots) I believe they need to be severely restricted and not allowed to reside in cities. If a farmer wants to own one on his 50 acres, great. But in residential bedroom communities where families reside, no.

There is no 'right' to own a pitbull, Rot, or other aggressive dog (or animal) in the constitution so this sense of entitlement is quite baffling. If there were not, oh, dozens (if not hundreds) of other breeds and types of dogs available then the owners of these might have an argument. But as it stands now they just want them because they want them and for no other reason.

Moooo
07-18-2006, 03:04 PM
link-

There won't be anything online, this was like 10 years ago. It was in Johnson County, I remember that. I looked online for another similar story, but most don't even mention anything the owner said (probably cause their lawyer advises against it).

I for one think for every instance of a nice Pit Bull going wrong, there's one of another breed doing the same thing. I think too that Pit Bull is by far THE "cool" dog to have when you want a mean dog. I found online Pit Bulls were the most popular dog in America in 1900 cause they were so "good with children."

But I have to disagree with what you said on the first page about there being no way to tell the biting force of a pit bull. Muscular structure will tell you this, along with structure of the skull and mandible.

I'm not saying its 100% true, but I will say if pit bulls have so much more CAPABLE (cause a nice dog will not chomp down) biting force than other dogs, it will be easily determined by the structure of the jaw and jowels.

Moooo

bogie
07-18-2006, 03:05 PM
Maybe you should put crash helmets and knee pads on your kids for dangerous game of hopscotch. Thank god they installed those seat belts on the mary go round now you can take them to the amusement park. :shake:

If kids were getting killed playing hopscotch or on merry-go-rounds, I would do whatever was needed to protect them. I'm sure your kids lead a fuller life because you allow them to play soccer on the freeway.

htismaqe
07-18-2006, 03:09 PM
If kids were getting killed playing hopscotch or on merry-go-rounds, I would do whatever was needed to protect them. I'm sure your kids lead a fuller life because you allow them to play soccer on the freeway.

You're saying exactly what they want you to say.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 03:19 PM
You're right, I don't know what you've tried to do to control who can or can't own a PB. I suspect that someone with your passion on the subject has probably done a lot. I don't know what emails and phone calls you've made to Legislators, Counsel Members, Mayors, Senators, Representatives etc. I'm curious, what suggestions have you given to these people on how to regulate PB owners? It has to go beyond punishing them after the fact doesn't it? PB owners need to be approved before they can own a PB and breeders need to be regulated on who they can sell the dogs to. I don't think we should get rid of guns, but I do believe we should regulate who can own a gun and I believe we do. We do it before the fact not after the fact.

For 30 years dog bites and fatalities have fluctuated annually but for the most part remained consistant as a whole. The top biters and fatalities have changed to to breed popularity. What they call a pit bull (many different breeds and mixes) is tremendously popular now. Number one biter in the bay area is actually a Lab. Everyone is willing to give that dog a break because of it's popularity and some of the bad breeding that has gone along with it. What they call a pit bull is now the 2nd most popular breed in the bay area but this breed gets no breaks because the media will only report on Pit Bull bites and all the disinformation that comes along with the breed like the locking jaws ect. You have bought into this hype. All dogs combined only average about 16-20 deaths a year. That includes dogs protecting households. The liberals will tell you guns kill 30k a year but it's actually more like 3k once you back out gang on gang violence, suicide and cops shooting criminals. There are over 2 million successful defensive gun uses in this country annually. I am sure the number is WAY higher for dogs that make criminals move on some of which people are completely unaware. That being said the people behind dog legisaltion and registration are the HSUS and the SPCA which both now are now unfortunately loaded with PETA types who would like nothing more than the complete elimination of domestic animal ownership. The HSUS made a big effort here to get California to pass BSL because they knew it would make it easier to pass it everywhere else and go after dogs nationally. They are being sued for 800 bully breeds that mysteriously disappeared after Katrina. They denied dogs beign saved like German Shepherds and Labs by rescue groups so they could kill them. These are the type of people who would control any dog regulation. Personally being the numbers are so low I am against anything on the front end unless it's a license showing you have a basic understand of how to raise a dog. Anything else people will run from because of what happened in Denver and places like that. Overland Park now.

bogie
07-18-2006, 03:19 PM
You're saying exactly what they want you to say.

Damb! I thought I was doing pretty well. I'm so bad at this.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 03:21 PM
Of course I don't want to ban children... :rolleyes:

the point was that dogs and children really don't choose who raise them. As such, they are often times victims of their nuture. If they have the proclivity towards agression in their nature then being brought (nutured) by incompetent boobs is a recipe for disaster. But neither group gets a say of who raises them. They only suffer the consequences...

as such, when it comes to Pit Bulls (and Rots) I believe they need to be severely restricted and not allowed to reside in cities. If a farmer wants to own one on his 50 acres, great. But in residential bedroom communities where families reside, no.

There is no 'right' to own a pitbull, Rot, or other aggressive dog (or animal) in the constitution so this sense of entitlement is quite baffling. If there were not, oh, dozens (if not hundreds) of other breeds and types of dogs available then the owners of these might have an argument. But as it stands now they just want them because they want them and for no other reason.

I've listed endless reason for loving the breed. **** off an die you Islamic hole.

Moooo
07-18-2006, 03:21 PM
For 30 years dog bites and fatalities have fluctuated annually but for the most part remained consistant as a whole. The top biters and fatalities have changed to to breed popularity. What they call a pit bull (many different breeds and mixes) is tremendously popular now. Number one biter in the bay area is actually a Lab. Everyone is willing to give that dog a break because of it's popularity and some of the bad breeding that has gone along with it. What they call a pit bull is now the 2nd most popular breed in the bay area but this breed gets no breaks because the media will only report on Pit Bull bites and all the disinformation that comes along with the breed like the locking jaws ect. You have bought into this hype. All dogs combined only average about 16-20 deaths a year. That includes dogs protecting households. The liberals will tell you guns kill 30k a year but it's actually more like 3k once you back out gang on gang violence, suicide and cops shooting criminals. There are over 2 million successful defensive gun uses in this country annually. I am sure the number is WAY higher for dogs that make criminals move on some of which people are completely unaware. That being said the people behind dog legisaltion and registration are the HSUS and the SPCA which both now are now unfortunately loaded with PETA types who would like nothing more than the complete elimination of domestic animal ownership. The HSUS made a big effort here to get California to pass BSL because they knew it would make it easier to pass it everywhere else and go after dogs nationally. They are being sued for 800 bully breeds that mysteriously disappeared after Katrina. They denied dogs beign saved like German Shepherds and Labs by rescue groups so they could kill them. These are the type of people who would control any dog regulation. Personally being the numbers are so low I am against anything on the front end unless it's a license showing you have a basic understand of how to raise a dog. Anything else people will run from because of what happened in Denver and places like that. Overland Park now.

Just out of curiosity, what is the #1 biter that causes fatalities. I have a feeling it would be a pit bull.

The problem is, though, that people breed these dogs to attack certain people and be nice to certain people, and then they get confused once in a while. And when they do, bad things happen.

Moooo

bogie
07-18-2006, 03:26 PM

So... you're not doing anything to try to regulate PB ownership.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 03:27 PM
Just out of curiosity, what is the #1 biter that causes fatalities. I have a feeling it would be a pit bull.

The problem is, though, that people breed these dogs to attack certain people and be nice to certain people, and then they get confused once in a while. And when they do, bad things happen.

Moooo

Right now what they call a pit is #1. If you look at the breed as a whole over any period of time though it is not. Over a 37 year period of time from 1965 to 2001 what they call apit bull has only been blamed for 2.8 deaths a year.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 03:33 PM

Very, very few people die from dogs.

An estimated 350 people die every year from their bathtubs.
An estimated 500 die from asprin.

Oh my god the humanity.

Every year over 2,000 kids die from abuse or neglect from their own guardian. Where is all your outrage here?

Dogs are not big problem you have just bought the hype.

Whatever you do please don't put crash helmets and knee pads on your kids. Good god I wouldn't have to live with the knowledge of knowing you put your kids through that.

Immaculate
07-18-2006, 03:36 PM
I love that people are so scared of thier own shadows, They would ban an entire breed of dogs. **** all you uppidty rich Jo-Co faggots out there who voted for this.

Anyone who want's pit bull pups PM me.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 03:37 PM
So... you're not doing anything to try to regulate PB ownership.

Why would I do that there is a mass of PETA/HSUS/SPCA types with their democratic friends and media all pushing like a MO that direction? Just like in OP as soon as you get something that might make a real difference you got some massive asshole like Santos who says we got the other legislation passed lets keep going. There will be a backlash at some point but it won't happen until all dog owner unite. We obviously did a WAY better job of doing that out here than they did there.

Immaculate
07-18-2006, 03:38 PM
You're the manBig_Daddy, Keep fighting the good fight.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 03:40 PM
BTW here is your KC and surrounding area update.

Overland Park-we lost, but we put in a good fight. We actually had three people change their votes from last week. They're putting in place a ban and $300,000 liability in addition to their current BSL.

Indepenence, MO-passed the breed neutral dangerous dog ordinance. There is a proposed ban on the table, but right now only one member supports it. There is also some talk of amending some of the language of the new ordinance, but I'm not sure where that is going to go.

North Kansas City, MO-meeting tomorrow. We have internal staff support against. This is the first discussion during a study session. I think we're probably o.k. there.

Lees Summit, MO-meeting tomorrow. This is an advisory board meeting. I'm not exaclty sure what will happen because it is all appointed officials who have not heard prior testimony or information. We'll see.

Wish us luck. I'm praying that August is not so crazy.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 03:42 PM
You're the manBig_Daddy, Keep fighting the good fight.

Thanks, it isn't easy sometimes. Our society becomes more wussified by the day.

Moooo
07-18-2006, 03:43 PM
Hey Daddy?

Why are you so pro Pit Bull? Why do you pick them to be your dog of choice when there are so many other dog breeds out there (like my favorite, the Collie), who don't face near as much criticism?

Is it something you feel compelled to do, or what?

Moooo

MOhillbilly
07-18-2006, 03:47 PM
'steady as she goes' is why i like em'.

bogie
07-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Very, very few people die from dogs.

An estimated 350 people die every year from their bathtubs.
An estimated 500 die from asprin.

Oh my god the humanity.

Every year over 2,000 kids die from abuse or neglect from their own guardian. Where is all your outrage here?

Dogs are not big problem you have just bought the hype.

Whatever you do please don't put crash helmets and knee pads on your kids. Good god I wouldn't have to live with the knowledge of knowing you put your kids through that.

Today little Johnny got the side of his face ripped off by a Pit Bull. Luckily, Johnny didn't die so he won't be included in any death statistics. Long live Pit Bulls. FTR, I don't buy in to hype from the media, I see these dogs and their gansta owners first hand. The biggest problem is the owners and breeders. I must have missed your answer, tell me again what you're trying to do regulate PB owners?

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 03:56 PM
Hey Daddy?

Why are you so pro Pit Bull? Why do you pick them to be your dog of choice when there are so many other dog breeds out there (like my favorite, the Collie), who don't face near as much criticism?

Is it something you feel compelled to do, or what?

Moooo

They are the ultimate athlete the canine world has to offer. The combination of speed, endurance and strength no other breed can deliver. It is also the most game. It is a fiercly loyal companion who will do anything to please it's owner. I am an athlete so I like to ride the bike now and then. He can hang for over 2 hours. In the 100 yard dash they are like a lightning bolt. They do weight pulling and agility contest. Some climb trees. Their passion in all these areas is only matched by the passionate love they feel for their owner. Mine has the nickname velcro because he is always stuck to you. Get a good dog from a good owner though and you will find it to be very trainable as well. here is a couple links for you:

They are being used the most as drug sniffing and bomb sniffing dogs. The biggest drug bust in the history of Hidalgo Texas port of entry was by a pit bull.

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/pet...s/popsicle.html

For the record one the most successful search and rescue dog teams in California history are pit bulls.

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/pet...es/sarpits.html

Furthermore the most decorated war dog in our nations history was a Pit Bull named Stubby

http://www.animalfarmfoundation.org...topic=0&item=68

Moooo
07-18-2006, 04:00 PM
They are the ultimate athlete the canine world has to offer. The combination of speed, endurance and strength no other breed can deliver. It is also the most game. It is a fiercly loyal companion who will do anything to please it's owner. I am an athlete so I like to ride the bike now and then. He can hang for over 2 hours. In the 100 yard dash they are like a lightning bolt. They do weight pulling and agility contest. Some climb trees. Their passion in all these areas is only matched by the passionate love they feel for their owner. Mine has the nickname velcro because he is always stuck to you. Get a good dog from a good owner though and you will find it to be very trainable as well. here is a couple links for you:

They are being used the most as drug sniffing and bomb sniffing dogs. The biggest drug bust in the history of Hidalgo Texas port of entry was by a pit bull.

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/pet...s/popsicle.html

For the record one the most successful search and rescue dog teams in California history are pit bulls.

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/pet...es/sarpits.html

Furthermore the most decorated war dog in our nations history was a Pit Bull named Stubby

http://www.animalfarmfoundation.org...topic=0&item=68

I'm a collie guy, but you reasons are very well justified... Its a shame that people out there are giving your favorite breed such a bad name.

How about a Great Dane? They are half horse, they should surely be able to keep up with you. Then again you shouldn't HAVE to compromise.

Moooo

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 04:02 PM
Today little Johnny got the side of his face ripped off by a Pit Bull. Luckily, Johnny didn't die so he won't be included in any death statistics. Long live Pit Bulls. FTR, I don't buy in to hype from the media, I see these dogs and their gansta owners first hand. The biggest problem is the owners and breeders. I must have missed your answer, tell me again what you're trying to do regulate PB owners?

Where do you live in California? Everywhere I go there isn't an issue. I can't even remember the last time somebody was attacked here on the peninsula. What are you doing hanging in Oakland?

I already answered your other. The only thing I back is education on the front end. Dog bite totals have never really changed much I am not sure why all of the sudden you are afraid to walk out of your house. Then again I don't live in ganstatown.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 04:04 PM
I'm a collie guy, but you reasons are very well justified... Its a shame that people out there are giving your favorite breed such a bad name.

How about a Great Dane? They are half horse, they should surely be able to keep up with you. Then again you shouldn't HAVE to compromise.

Moooo

Great Danes are cowards with hip problems and trust me they couldn't run for more than 30 minutes tops.

Thanks for objectively looking at the topic.

bogie
07-18-2006, 04:07 PM
Where do you live in California? Everywhere I go there isn't an issue. I can't even remember the last time somebody was attacked here on the peninsula. What are you doing hanging in Oakland?

I already answered your other. The only thing I back is education on the front end. Dog bite totals have never really changed much I am not sure why all of the sudden you are afraid to walk out of your house. Then again I don't live in ganstatown.

I haven't seen a single PB in my neighborhood. Just because it doesn't effect me personally, doesn't mean I don't care about the issue. I live in the San Fernando Valley. Oakland!!! Come on man that's hitting below the belt.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 04:14 PM
I haven't seen a single PB in my neighborhood. Just because it doesn't effect me personally, doesn't mean I don't care about the issue. I live in the San Fernando Valley. Oakland!!! Come on man that's hitting below the belt.

ROFL You're the one that said you saw these gangsta owners first hand.

bogie
07-18-2006, 04:16 PM
ROFL You're the one that said you saw these gangsta owners first hand.

Dog parks, Hollywood Blvd. and a couple of crack houses I frequent.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 04:19 PM
Dog parks, Hollywood Blvd. and a couple of crack houses I frequent.

ROFL You're killing me man. ROFL

Well if you are ever in my neck of the woods let me know. Dinner is on me.

You a Lakers fan?

chief2000
07-18-2006, 04:33 PM

Wrong.

bogie
07-18-2006, 04:38 PM
ROFL You're killing me man. ROFL

Well if you are ever in my neck of the woods let me know. Dinner is on me.

You a Lakers fan?

I appreciate it and will take you up on it. I am a Lakers fan. Not as obsessed with them as I am the Chiefs but I'm a fan. I don't care how good the Clippers get, the Lakers are still my team.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 04:46 PM
I appreciate it and will take you up on it. I am a Lakers fan. Not as obsessed with them as I am the Chiefs but I'm a fan. I don't care how good the Clippers get, the Lakers are still my team.

I usually try to get down for a couple games a season although I didn't go last year. Should be interesting to see how they do this year. I really hope this Bynum kid turns into something special.

bogie
07-18-2006, 04:57 PM
I usually try to get down for a couple games a season although I didn't go last year. Should be interesting to see how they do this year. I really hope this Bynum kid turns into something special.

7' and 275 lbs. We need him to be special.

BIG_DADDY
07-18-2006, 05:00 PM
7' and 275 lbs. We need him to be special.

Working with Kareem he has a shot. Certainly seems to have the heart for it. He should see more action this year.

I gotta take off. Look out for those evile pit bulls homeboy. ;)

WilliamTheIrish
07-18-2006, 05:21 PM

While HIPPA prevents me from disclosing info, I can tell you that a poodle mauled a 19 month old about 3 weeks ago.

Kids face looked like it went through a meat grinder. Less than 10 days ago, a 24 month old was mauled by a chihuahua. Kid had friggin bite marks all over her arms. Blood everywhere.

But a poodle or chihuahua isn't as spectacular a story as a (gasp) pit bull

WilliamTheIrish
07-18-2006, 05:22 PM
after hearing all the myths and bs for years ive come to the conclusion that the pitbull type is the most widely misunderstood dog ever.

Preach on...

Valiant
07-18-2006, 06:47 PM

Sweet this must mean there is now a standard, so Gladstone is saying you cannot be a wacko liberal democrat. They are saying if you want to be one you are welcome to live elsewhere...

:) ROFL

OldTownChief
07-18-2006, 06:50 PM
The combination of speed, endurance and strength no other breed can deliver. It is also the most game. It is a fiercly loyal companion who will do anything to please it's owner.

My ex wife and I used to raise show quality Irish Wolfhounds, so I don't entirely agree with this, although I know little about bulldogs.

One of our dogs we sold to a friend of mine in Wichita. He had neighbors that had a Pit Bull and a Rot in their back yard. On occasion when my friend fed his dog the Rot would jump the fence and eat his food when he was away from it. The Wolfhound would always chase the Rot to the fence and stop when the Rot jumped back into his back yard. One time the Wolfhound followed the Rot over the fence, killed the Pit Bull and maimed the Rot, which died two weeks later.

Wolfhounds have incredible speed, endurance and strength. Many use them to run down and kill Coyotes. There isn't a more loyal dog out there.

The man in this picture is 6' tall.

OldTownChief
07-18-2006, 07:05 PM
While HIPPA prevents me from disclosing info, I can tell you that a poodle mauled a 19 month old about 3 weeks ago.

Kids face looked like it went through a meat grinder. Less than 10 days ago, a 24 month old was mauled by a chihuahua. Kid had friggin bite marks all over her arms. Blood everywhere.

But a poodle or chihuahua isn't as spectacular a story as a (gasp) pit bull

I was using a poodle as an example, there are exceptions to every rule but I can tell you that a boot to the snout of a poodle will ensure that he will NEVER **** with you again whereas a Bull will drag your boot down the street with you in it.

morphius
07-18-2006, 07:08 PM
I was using a poodle as an example, there are exceptions to every rule but I can tell you that a boot to the snout of a poodle will ensure that he will NEVER **** with you again whereas a Bull will drag your boot down the street with you in it.
That's it, I'm calling the city council now!

OldTownChief
07-18-2006, 07:09 PM
I'm not against Pit Bulls in any way shape or form. I signed a petition here in Augusta KS to keep them. It failed... All owners of registered Bulls here were allowed to keep them unless an issue arose with them, but no more are allowed. I'm just saying that the argument about "stupid" owners will never help achive your goals of keeping them around.

OldTownChief
07-18-2006, 07:11 PM
That's it, I'm calling the city council now!

ROFL
Once I kicked a freakin duck in the face that was snapping at my boot. The Mallard ran off quackin like a little bitch.

alanm
07-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Damn straight! Dodging mack trucks quickens the reflexes. :thumb:

alnorth
07-18-2006, 08:37 PM
Speaking as a working member of the insurance industry, I f***ing hate pit bulls.

Speaking personally... eh, dont care.

chief2000
07-19-2006, 12:01 AM
My ex wife and I used to raise show quality Irish Wolfhounds, so I don't entirely agree with this, although I know little about bulldogs.

One of our dogs we sold to a friend of mine in Wichita. He had neighbors that had a Pit Bull and a Rot in their back yard. On occasion when my friend fed his dog the Rot would jump the fence and eat his food when he was away from it. The Wolfhound would always chase the Rot to the fence and stop when the Rot jumped back into his back yard. One time the Wolfhound followed the Rot over the fence, killed the Pit Bull and maimed the Rot, which died two weeks later.

Wolfhounds have incredible speed, endurance and strength. Many use them to run down and kill Coyotes. There isn't a more loyal dog out there.

Interesting story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_wolfhound

Hey KC police. Maybe you need one of these suckers.

MOhillbilly
07-19-2006, 06:49 AM

of course he did he probably only outweighed the other two by 100 pounds.
Pound for pound against the gamebred type apbt a wolfhound would show his teeth.(thats bad)

though they are cool ass dogs. my buddies parents had them. way big.

OldTownChief
07-19-2006, 05:26 PM
though they are cool ass dogs. my buddies parents had them. way big.

They are cool dogs. Very gentle giants, of the few hundred that we dealt with over the years I've never seen an aggressive one except for the incident I mentioned and when the same dog clamped on to our chow for also stealing his food. The chow froze solid and didn't move a muscle until I got the wolfhound to let go of him. Didn't hurt the chow at all.

They are not good guard dogs as they want to be everybodys friend but could you imagine trying to break into someones house at night and a dog the size of a small pony comes running up from behind you trying to be friendly?