PDA

View Full Version : Attractiveness and fashion accessories

Rain Man
07-18-2006, 08:41 AM
Imagine a person of whichever gender you're attracted to. If you're attracted to animals, plants, or inanimate objects, I guess you can imagine one of those, too.

Now recall the traditional ten-point scale of attractiveness ratings, where a 10 is highly attractive and a 1 is highly unattractive.

For the sake of this exercise, assume that you are seeing a person, animal, plant, or inanimate object that you would normally rate as a six if that person was completely unadorned and generically dressed. (Envision them wearing clothes from The Gap.)

Now, here's the question: if you add each of the following, how do each of the following impact your attractiveness rating of that person?

You may also state whether the ratings change if the person's basic rating was higher or lower. For example, would any of the following help an attractive person and hurt an unattractive one, or vice versa?

1. Wearing glasses. (assume basic, reasonably fashionable)
2. Having a small tattoo (e.g., on ankle).
3. Having a large tattoo (e.g., lower back for women, or big tattoo on forearms for men).
4. Having multiple tattoos of varying sizes.
5. Wearing expensive-looking tailored clothes
6. Having a body piercing (e.g., belly button)
7. Having a face piercing other than earrings (e.g., lip or nose)
8. Having multiple facial piercings.
9. Wearing funky clothes (e.g., Pippi Longstocking stockings and a dog collar with black coveralls)
10. Ultra-short hair
11. Long hair
12. An obviously expensive and carefully coiffed hairstyle
13. Multiple rings on each hand
14. Visible underwear over a low waistband
15. Teeth are all filed to sharp points like South American headhunter tribes.
16. Wearing makeup (probably more applicable only to human females).

Here are my adjustment factors. For my ratings, please recall that I am attracted to female humans.

1. Wearing glasses. +0.25. They don't add a lot, but I kind of like glasses because I have the misperception that glasses imply intelligence. In a rather unfair life lesson, glasses offer a bigger increase for women who are attractive to start with. A "9" with glasses is really cool and gains a full point, because it implies that she's attractive but she's not all sensitive to stereotypical public images.

2. Having a small tattoo -1.5. If it's out of the way, it's not as bad, but it's still bad. Tattoos will turn a "6" into a "4.5" faster than you can say, "Oooh, I like that one of Speedy Gonzalez".

3. Having a large tattoo -3.5. Flat-out unattractive. A "6" will drop to a "2.5" for this. Perhaps a very attractive woman will only lose 3.0 points, turning a "9" into a "6".

4. Having multiple tattoos of varying sizes. -6. Good luck on that whole mating thing.

5. Wearing expensive-looking tailored clothes. +1. Clothing makes the woman. While it adds a risk factor in the "high maintenance" calculation, good-looking clothing implies a sense of taste and style.

6. Having a body piercing (e.g., belly button). -1. There are worse things to do, but there are better.

7. Having a face piercing other than earrings (e.g., lip or nose). -2.5. While I admit that I like the little nose piercings that Asian Indian women have, they only work if you're an Asian Indian woman. Everyone else loses points.

8. Having multiple facial piercings. -6.5. Good luck on that whole mating thing.

9. Wearing funky clothes -0.5. I can live with it, but it's not as good as, you know, having a sense of style.

10. Ultra-short hair +0.5. Assuming that it's not attached to a feminist separatist, I think ultra-short hair on a woman can be kind of appealing. It implies assertiveness and confidence.

11. Long hair +0.75. Long hair is the trademark symbol of femininity. It's hard to vote against long hair.

12. An obviously expensive and carefully coiffed hairstyle +.75. There's risk in this one of being a "high-maintenance" risk factor, but it nonetheless is considered a strong positive since it again implies a sense of style. I notice good hair. This bonus only works on short hair, though. Long hair should not be expensively styled.

13. Multiple rings on each hand. -1.0. Too...too. There's no need for that level of adornment.

14. Visible underwear over a low waistband. 0. While I certainly enjoy this fashion trend from a married-guy casual observer standpoint, I don't think it's very classy look. My libido will battle my sense of decorum to a standoff in this case.

15. Teeth are all filed to sharp points like South American headhunter tribes. -6.0. I just don't think it's a good look on a woman.

16. Wearing makeup. 0. I've seen a few women in my life who can pull as much as +1.5 points out of artfully applied makeup. That's a rare skill, though. More commonly, it makes no difference to me. Bad makeup can be a huge source of point loss, too. This one is too widely divergent to get a good feel for.

In my estimation, then, a baseline "6" can increase herself to an 8 or even an 8.5 by having stylish glasses and clothing, and having a hairstyle with some pop to it.

DaKCMan AP
07-18-2006, 08:52 AM
1. Wearing glasses. -0.25 I wear contacts and don't like glasses so I want you to see well or wear contacts. Glasses hide some nice eyes, so they can detract from someone who has nice looking eyes.

2. Having a small tattoo (e.g., on ankle). -0.25 I dont like tattoos, can't have one and don't want someone with one.

3. Having a large tattoo. -2 I don't like tattoos and large ones are worse than little ones.

4. Having multiple tattoos of varying sizes. -5 You're not for me.

5. Wearing expensive-looking tailored clothes. +0.5 I like someone who looks nice, likes to look nice and has good taste in clothes.

6. Having a body piercing. If it's a navel piercing it doesn't effect either way 0.

7. Having a face piercing other than earrings (e.g., lip or nose) If it's a tongue or eyebrow piercing or if it's a nose piercing like a ring or through the two nostrils -1. If it's a stud in the side of one nostril than -0.25.

8. Having multiple facial piercings. -1.5 and could increase as the number of piercings increases. I also dont' like how some girls get a ton of piercings in their ears.

9. Wearing funky clothes (e.g., Pippi Longstocking stockings and a dog collar with black coveralls)
-1.5 and more depending on strangeness. I like a girl to look nice, not weird.

10. Ultra-short hair
Depends. If it's a buzz cut than -2. If it's just a short hairstyle and looks good than it could be +0.5. If it looks ok, 0 and if it looks bad -0.5 to 1 depending on severity.

11. Long hair
Depends. If it's shoulder length 0. If it's mid-back than -0.15. If it's to the butt or longer than -2.

If it looks good than +1. If it doesn't than -1. Could be 0 if it's just ok but not good or bad.

If it looks gothic or they don't match/look good together than -0.5. If they complement each other and go with the outfit than +0.5. I don't have a problem with a chick wearing jewelry.

Depends. Could be zero or negative depending on the rest of the outfit.

-3. I don't need to date jaws.

If it looks good than up to +2. If it is too much than as negative as -3 or 4.

Fried Meat Ball!
07-18-2006, 09:00 AM
If it's Nicole Kidman, she could file her teeth to points... still better than most women.

Fried Meat Ball!
07-18-2006, 09:00 AM
I'll do the whole point thing later...

ck_IN
07-18-2006, 09:15 AM
I won't go down the list but just about all of those are a negative for me.

I like my woman to be a consumate Lady. She should put across a certain elegance but also be accessible if that makes sense.

I like the hair/makeup to look nice but not like she obsessed over either. Earrings are fine but not the size of boulders and only piercings in the ears please. Tattoo's just look cheap and therefore un-Ladylike. Obvious underwear is also cheap.

The best description of what I mean would be Sandy Bullock. Classy, beautiful but also could be comfortable at a cookout in cutoffs.

HarryParatestes
07-18-2006, 09:18 AM
not down with the whole

TRAMP STAMP thing...?

ROFL

DaKCMan AP
07-18-2006, 09:21 AM
I won't go down the list but just about all of those are a negative for me.

I like my woman to be a consumate Lady. She should put across a certain elegance but also be accessible if that makes sense.

I like the hair/makeup to look nice but not like she obsessed over either. Earrings are fine but not the size of boulders and only piercings in the ears please. Tattoo's just look cheap and therefore un-Ladylike. Obvious underwear is also cheap.

The best description of what I mean would be Sandy Bullock. Classy, beautiful but also could be comfortable at a cookout in cutoffs.

So, what you're saying, is you like a girl that snorts?

ZepSinger
07-18-2006, 09:28 AM
Rainman, I swear some of your polls/responses would be applicable as college credits. :)

Predarat
07-18-2006, 09:41 AM
1. Wearing glasses. (assume basic, reasonably fashionable) +.5 like them!
2. Having a small tattoo (e.g., on ankle). 0
3. Having a large tattoo (e.g., lower back for women, or big tattoo on forearms for men). -2 if your talking about a women you want a relationship with +1.5 for a women you just want to f*** provided its a tramp stamp. If not its a 0.
4. Having multiple tattoos of varying sizes. -2
5. Wearing expensive-looking tailored clothes 0
6. Having a body piercing (e.g., belly button) 0
7. Having a face piercing other than earrings (e.g., lip or nose) -1
8. Having multiple facial piercings. -10
9. Wearing funky clothes (e.g., Pippi Longstocking stockings and a dog collar with black coveralls) +1
10. Ultra-short hair -2
11. Long hair +1.5
12. An obviously expensive and carefully coiffed hairstyle +.5
13. Multiple rings on each hand -20
14. Visible underwear over a low waistband +1
15. Teeth are all filed to sharp points like South American headhunter tribes. -10
16. Wearing makeup (probably more applicable only to human females). 0

ck_IN
07-18-2006, 09:42 AM
<i>So, what you're saying, is you like a girl that snorts?</i>

Nah, just say no to drugs.

Miles
07-18-2006, 09:45 AM
1. Wearing glasses: +.1 if they are the right kind on an already attractive woman.

2. Having a small tattoo:-2 If its tasteful (if that is even possible) and can be easily hidden it may not be as bad.

3. Having a large tattoo -4. Unlike a small tatoo, a large on has no chance of being out of the way or even remotely tasteful.

4. Having multiple tattoos of varying sizes. -8. Um, no thanks.

5. Wearing expensive-looking tailored clothes. +1.5. Definite plus but if outside the professional setting might suggest she can burn though some money.

6. Having a body piercing (e.g., belly button). -.75. Not that bad but not exactly classy either.

7. Having a face piercing other than earrings (e.g., lip or nose). -1.5. Anything other than a small nose stud could be as high as -3.5.

8. Having multiple facial piercings. -7.5. Almost as bad as multiple tatoos but with some small hope since its not as permanent.

9. Wearing funky clothes -1. Could be higher depending on just how funky.

10. Ultra-short hair -2. Not a good look on all but the most attractive women.

11. Long hair +1. Definitly prefered to really short though much longer than shoulder lenght can be a bit much.

12. An obviously expensive and carefully coiffed hairstyle: +1 so long as not overdone.

13. Multiple rings on each hand. -1.0. No need for that.

14. Visible underwear over a low waistband. 0: Not a classy look but will catch attention.

15. Teeth are all filed to sharp points like South American headhunter tribes. -9. Thought of a potential horrific accident is not attractive.

16. Wearing makeup. +1. Largely depends on how well its done. Too much could be a -1.

sedated
07-18-2006, 09:52 AM
Cliff's Notes Version:

Glasses - I love them for some reason. Makes them look like Catwoman.

Tatoos - Bad

Piercings - eh :shrug:

Funky Clothes - usually pretty sexy, but prefer classic style

Hair - could care less as long as she don't look like a dyke.

Visible underwear over a low waistband - :drool:

ZepSinger
07-18-2006, 10:24 AM
1. Wearing glasses: +.1 Certain women have that 'I'm really just a hot young bookworm! I just wanna get my groove on' thang happening.

2. Having a small tattoo:-1. Eh, maybe. I always wonder what they're gonna look like at 50 and beyond. I kinda picture aunt Edna trying to look hip and sexy. Nope.

3. Having a large tattoo -7. Yikes. She's either spent alot of time at the carnival or on the back of a hog. Or maybe she rides her own.

4. Having multiple tattoos of varying sizes. -7. See no. 3 above.

5. Wearing expensive-looking tailored clothes. +2. It's a smokin' hot look on some, not so on others.

6. Having a body piercing (e.g., belly button). -.50. Maybe on the belly button. Preferably none, tho. Just looks hard to me.

7. Having a face piercing other than earrings (e.g., lip or nose). -8. Gross. I can't help but imagine the gunk building up on the underside of that thing.

8. Having multiple facial piercings. -10. Anyone having this has achieved freak status in my book. Please stay at least 1000 yards away.

9. Wearing funky clothes -0. This rarely works. At best, I wonder about their fashion sense. At worst I wonder if they smell funky as well.

10. Ultra-short hair -6. I always picture this with the woman wearing a sleeveless T-shirt, fist raised defiantly in the air, and blasting 'I Am Woman' by Anne Murray. I can't escape this image, so a big NO applies here.

11. Long hair +7. I define long hair as anything at least as long as between the shoulder blades. And yeah, I find this extremely HOT. One of the surest signs of female hotness to me.

12. An obviously expensive and carefully coiffed hairstyle: +1. Jennifer Aniston 'do- Yes. Loni Anderson 'do in her WKRP in Cincinnati days? No. I always wondered if she'd feel it if you cracked her upside the head with a wiffle bat.

13. Multiple rings on each hand. 0. Don't care one way or the other.

14. Visible underwear over a low waistband. 0: Totally depends on the rear end in question..

15. Teeth are all filed to sharp points like South American headhunter tribes. -9. Is this the hot new thing?? I'll put it in an even scarier category than 'multiple facial piercings'..

16. Wearing makeup. +3. I'm of the opinion that most women would look better with just a touch of makeup. That's the secret- just a touch.

StcChief
07-18-2006, 10:51 AM
1. Wearing glasses: +.5 If the are attractive (perception of inteilligence in woman).

2. Having a small tattoo:-1 If its tasteful (if that is even possible) and is hidden unless your naked.

3. Having a large tattoo -6. a large is not tasteful. Screams slut. I'm stupid...doing it to trying to be hip.

4. Having multiple tattoos of varying sizes. -8. NFW

5. Wearing expensive-looking tailored clothes. +3. Definite plus but if outside the professional setting ...she is likely very high maintenance.

6. Having a body piercing (e.g., belly button). -.2 Other than tradtional pierced ears. Even B.B. not classy just trying to be different (but so is everyone else). SO HOW DIFFERENT ARE YOU.

7. Having a face piercing other than earrings (e.g., lip or nose). -5. Anything is un accepable (see 6)

8. Having multiple facial piercings. -10. 2X 1 PIERCING.

9. Wearing funky clothes -1. Hippie or earthy chicks, fun, down to earth, but goes higher if goth or other wierd stuff.

10. Ultra-short hair -4. Screams dyke or low mainteance mommy look

11. Long hair +3. Definitly prefered to really short though much longer than shoulder lenght can be a bit much.

12. An obviously expensive and carefully coiffed hairstyle: +1 so long as not overdone. Pushes the high maintenance button....

13. Multiple rings on each hand. -1.0. No need for that.

14. Visible underwear over a low waistband. 0: Not a classy look but will catch attention.

15. Teeth are all filed to sharp points like South American headhunter tribes. -9. Thought of a potential horrific accident is not attractive.

16. Wearing makeup. +1. Largely depends on how well its done. Too much could be a -1.

luv
07-18-2006, 10:59 AM
Glasses on women show intelligence, huh? Admit it, it's because it means they don't have the best eye-sight, meaning you stand a better chance. :p

Rain Man
07-18-2006, 11:11 AM
Glasses on women show intelligence, huh? Admit it, it's because it means they don't have the best eye-sight, meaning you stand a better chance. :p

Blind +2.5. Hot, hot, hot!

StcChief
07-18-2006, 11:26 AM

I guess men should sub-qualify Coke bottle glasses....
:rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud
07-18-2006, 11:27 AM
Wow, I guess my answers show the difference between living in SoCal and living in the midwest.

1. Wearing glasses: +.05 if they're small cute glasses. -.05 if they're wire rimmed and unfashionable.

2. Having a small tattoo (e.g., on ankle): +1 if it's on a thin, sexy chick. -1.5 if it's on a pale-faced, black haired heffer. It's all about the girl.

3. Having a large tattoo (e.g., lower back for women, or big tattoo on forearms for men): +/- 1.5, same as above. Some chicks ooze sexiness with tattoos and some just look hideous. Depends on the overall vibe. If she's a thin little hottie, it's awesome. If she's trashy, then it's just trashy.

4. Having multiple tattoos of varying sizes: See above

5. Wearing expensive-looking tailored clothes: +.05 if she's a Beverly Hills Milf, -2.0 if she's a corporate grandma.

6. Having a body piercing (e.g., belly button): +1.5. Belly button rings on the right girls are awesome. If it's a fatty, I can't see the ring anyway.

7. Having a face piercing other than earrings (e.g., lip or nose): +.5 for the nose, especially if it's a barely visiable diamond stud. -.5 on the lower lip. I just haven't ever found that worthwhile to look at.

8. Having multiple facial piercings: +.5 if it's nose & upper lip stud, -.5 if there's a lower lip ring involved.

9. Wearing funky clothes (e.g., Pippi Longstocking stockings and a dog collar with black coveralls): +/- 1.0. If she's a thin hottie, definitely +1. It shows that she's fun, energetic and challenging. -1.0 if she looks like she does all her shopping at Goodwill.

10. Ultra-short hair +/- 2.0: Beautiful face, flawless skin, great eyes? Definitely 2 points. There are very few women who can pull that off and look great. Bad skin, unattractive eyes, overweight? -2.0. Almost nothing is worse than a chick with a bad hairstyle.

11. Long hair: +/- 1. Depends on the style. Straight, broken, bad hair? At least a -1. Healthy, pretty, styled hair? +1.

12. An obviously expensive and carefully coiffed hairstyle: +1. I dig girls that are girls. I like girlie girls so the hair is definitely a factor.

13. Multiple rings on each hand: +1. I like jewely on girls. It makes them seem more fun, and therefore more open. Especially if the rings are fun rings and have stlye. I'm not talking diamond rings on every finger but silver, jade, turqouise, etc. can all be mixed & matched to look very sexy.

14. Visible underwear over a low waistband: +1. Very sexy and shows that the girl doesn't have any hangups or inhibitions.

15. Teeth are all filed to sharp points like South American headhunter tribes: -100. I've seen people out here with modified teeth and there's no other word to describe it as anything other than ugly.

16. Wearing makeup (probably more applicable only to human females): +/-2. Depends on the girl. +2 for dark eyeshadow and eyeliner can really bring out a eyes on a woman who other wise may not have shocking eyes and can really accent a woman who does. A little powder can make the skin appear less "greasey" and lipstick and lip liner can be really hot. -2 for a poor color base, red rougey cheeks, bad lipstick and gaudy eyeshadow. Me no likey the Tammy Faye look.

luv
07-18-2006, 11:36 AM
0 meaning indifferent?

1. Wearing glasses. (assume basic, reasonably fashionable) 0
2. Having a small tattoo (e.g., on ankle). -2 (kind gay for a guy)
3. Having a large tattoo (e.g., lower back for women, or big tattoo on forearms for men). 0
4. Having multiple tattoos of varying sizes. 0 (-5 if they have them covering all over)
5. Wearing expensive-looking tailored clothes 0 (or + 4 if occasional -who doesn't like a sharp dressed man)
6. Having a body piercing (e.g., belly button) -3
7. Having a face piercing other than earrings (e.g., lip or nose) -4
8. Having multiple facial piercings. -6
9. Wearing funky clothes (e.g., Pippi Longstocking stockings and a dog collar with black coveralls) -2
10. Ultra-short hair +4
11. Long hair -1
12. An obviously expensive and carefully coiffed hairstyle 0
13. Multiple rings on each hand -2 (just not for men)
14. Visible underwear over a low waistband -3
15. Teeth are all filed to sharp points like South American headhunter tribes. -6
16. Wearing makeup (probably more applicable only to human females). -8 (if a guy wears make-up....uh, no)

ck_IN
07-18-2006, 11:47 AM
<i>admit it, it's because it means they don't have the best eye-sight, meaning you stand a better chance.</i>

A better chance of convincing her that that really IS a bannana I'm offering her.

sedated
07-18-2006, 11:57 AM
Wow, I guess my answers show the difference between living in SoCal and living in the midwest.

+1 if it's on a thin, sexy chick. -1.5 if it's on a pale-faced, black haired heffer. It's all about the girl.

If she's a thin little hottie, it's awesome. If she's trashy, then it's just trashy.

See above

if she's a Beverly Hills Milf, -2.0 if she's a corporate grandma.

If it's a fatty, I can't see the ring anyway.

If she's a thin hottie, definitely +1.

Bad skin, unattractive eyes, overweight? -2.0. Almost nothing is worse than a chick with a bad hairstyle.

your answers certainly show something

DaneMcCloud
07-18-2006, 12:11 PM
your answers certainly show something

Yeah, I guess you're right. It shows that it's all about the girl, not the accessories. If the "right" girl has the accessories, it's all good. If the "wrong" girl has the accessories, it doesn't matter.

ck_IN
07-18-2006, 12:14 PM
<i>Some chicks ooze sexiness with tattoos and some just look hideous. Depends on the overall vibe. If she's a thin little hottie, it's awesome. If she's trashy, then it's just trashy.</i>

Different strokes as they say. To me a woman with a tat is trashy by definition.

morphius
07-18-2006, 12:23 PM
That is what I keep telling my wife, she has shitty eye site, so I have been able to get married and "breed"

luv
07-18-2006, 12:24 PM
<i>Some chicks ooze sexiness with tattoos and some just look hideous. Depends on the overall vibe. If she's a thin little hottie, it's awesome. If she's trashy, then it's just trashy.</i>

Different strokes as they say. To me a woman with a tat is trashy by definition.
Quite the stereotype.

ZepSinger
07-18-2006, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I guess you're right. It shows that it's all about the girl, not the accessories. If the "right" girl has the accessories, it's all good. If the "wrong" girl has the accessories, it doesn't matter.

I'm with ya. A trim, thin, tight figure is one of the best accessories a woman can possess...

Z

sedated
07-18-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm with ya. A trim, thin, tight figure is one of the best accessories a woman can possess...

one of?

el borracho
07-18-2006, 01:15 PM
1. Wearing glasses: Overall, 0 impact. Probably a slight negative on average girls but can be a positive on 7s and above.
2. Having a small tattoo: -2
3. Having a large tattoo: -4
4. Having multiple tattoos of varying sizes: -5.
5. Wearing expensive-looking tailored clothes: Overall, +1/2. Probably more important for average girls. Actually, I think average girls should dress up a bit, while hot girls should dress down a bit.
6. Having a body piercing (e.g., belly button): Pierced belly = 0. Pierced nipples = -3. Pierced crotch = -5.
7. Having a face piercing other than earrings (e.g., lip or nose): Pierced tongue = 0. Pierced nose = -1.5. Pierced eyebrow = -2.5. Pierced lip = - 3.5.
8. Having multiple facial piercings: -5.
9. Wearing funky clothes (e.g., Pippi Longstocking stockings and a dog collar with black coveralls): +2.
10. Ultra-short hair: -2.5.
11. Long hair: +2.
12. An obviously expensive and carefully coiffed hairstyle: -1.5.
13. Multiple rings on each hand: Multiple, inexpensive rings = stylish = +1. Multiple, expensive rings = gaudy = -1.5. Expensive jewelry always reminds me of fishing lures.
14. Visible underwear over a low waistband: Overall, 0. Sometimes good, sometimes inappropriate (of course I still look whether it is appropriate or not).
15. Teeth are all filed to sharp points like South American headhunter tribes: -10.
16. Wearing makeup (probably more applicable only to human females): -3.

Overall, I like the natural beauty of women. I don't like tats nor piercings nor painted faces nor expensive adornments.

DaneMcCloud
07-18-2006, 01:39 PM
To me a woman with a tat is trashy by definition.

So Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Aniston, Alyssa Milano and tons of other hot actress/models are all trashy? Who's your ideal woman? Bea Arthur?

ck_IN
07-18-2006, 01:50 PM
First of all those are actresses and therefore unobtainable by common joes like us. Although I see you live in SoCal so be my guest if you get the shot. Secondly of the women you mentioned Milano is trashy. As drop dead sexy is Jolie is I can't shake a mental image of her and Billie Joe Bob or whatever the hell his name is, so trashy or at least borderline. Aniston is ok. I've never seen the big deal about her but have nothing against her.

I like the natural look. A sexy girl next door type who can give off a certain elegance while still being down to earth. Down to earth does not equal earthy (tattoos, piercings, etc.)

If you need a name for what I mean I'd say Sandra Bullock would be close. Although I've no idea what DaKCMan AP's snort comment is about.

DaKCMan AP
07-18-2006, 01:57 PM
she snorts when she laughs. that's -5 for me.

sedated
07-18-2006, 01:58 PM
Who's your ideal woman? Bea Arthur?

that's a logical jump.

I don't like tatoos, so clearly my ideal woman is a geriatric she-beast :rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud
07-18-2006, 01:59 PM
that's a logical jump.

I don't like tatoos, so clearly my ideal woman is a geriatric she-beast :rolleyes:

Well, that was quite a broad statement (no pun intended) but I was really just yankin' your chain. :)

Rain Man
07-18-2006, 02:04 PM
The interesting thing about Dane's answers is that, in his system, many accessories enhance the looks of an otherwise attractive women, but they detract from the looks of a woman who is not attractive. That's a different pattern than most of the rest of us.

Braincase
07-18-2006, 02:05 PM

Z

With boobies.

DaneMcCloud
07-18-2006, 02:10 PM
The interesting thing about Dane's answers is that, in his system, many accessories enhance the looks of an otherwise attractive women, but they detract from the looks of a woman who is not attractive. That's a different pattern than most of the rest of us.

Yeah, strange, isn't it? That's why I prefaced my answers with the notion that maybe it's West Coast/Midwest thing. I live in KC until the age of 26 and left in 1992. I hardly saw any women with tats or piercings and if I did, I was generally turned off. But once I moved to SoCal (and especially after spending a summer in Berkeley), I began to notice that those accessories actually enhanced certain women's look.

Maybe the exposure changed my attitude. Who knows?

DaKCMan AP
07-18-2006, 02:14 PM
I'm not in the midwest. I can see the attractiveness of tats in certain locations in small numbers on certain women. However, that attractiveness is mostly in lust and not what I look for in someone I want a relationship with.

In that case it's no tattoos, not strange piercings (facial other than ears and no body other than navel).

ck_IN
07-18-2006, 02:20 PM
<i>she snorts when she laughs. that's -5 for me.</i>

Really? I must've missed that. All the time or just on the odd occasion? If all the time then I'd agree. On the odd occasion it's a little cute.

For instance my wife and I were out at a nice place. I made a smart azz comment about another couple and she laughed so hard she snorted. She then blushed. The other couple looked over and she blushed harder. Then I jumped all over it and she blushed and laughed so bad she had to leave for the ladies room. She was so sexy when she came back. And so embarassed.

DaKCMan AP
07-18-2006, 02:23 PM
not sure about the regularity of her snorting

stevieray
07-18-2006, 02:37 PM
when your're hot you're hot
when you're not your're not...

PastorMikH
07-18-2006, 02:49 PM
when your're hot you're hot
when you're not your're not...

That pic in your av, is that a new Scooby Van or did you get the old one painted red before you wrecked it? (or am I colorblind and tend to confuse Red with Tan?)

:)

gblowfish
07-18-2006, 03:06 PM
I'm long time married, so it really doesn't matter what I think.

Oh well, my dad always said, "You can still read the menu, you just can't order anything." So here's what I think:

I hate tattoos on everyone. Especially on women. It's a real killbuzz, especially when women start to get older. That big winged bird on their ass turns into a old hen...
I hate piercing anywhere except ears for women and ears on guys who were actually in the Navy and crossed the dateline. I'll give those guys a free pass. Chicks that pierce their belly buttons (or lower parts) are just begging to get picked up and carried around like a six pack.

Too much bling is unattractive on a woman. With too many rings and necklaces, they clank like opening the front door to the neighborhood hardware store.

I like long hair on women, but in weather like we have now I can certainly understand why a woman would cut her hair. Makeup on women is nice as long as reasonable. No Tammy Faye/Mary Kay lab rats...

I don't like women or men who wear too much cologne either. Your "scent" shouldn't fill a room 30 seconds after you've walked out.

Weird clothes are just part of growing up. All parents hate the way their sons and daughters dress.

Showing your underwear is just wrong. I really dislike the guys who wear their jeans with the crotch down to the knees. Looks like they have a load of crap in their pants.

That's about it.
Damn kids....GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

Moooo
07-18-2006, 03:32 PM
1. Wearing glasses. (assume basic, reasonably fashionable)
2. Having a small tattoo (e.g., on ankle).
3. Having a large tattoo (e.g., lower back for women, or big tattoo on forearms for men).
4. Having multiple tattoos of varying sizes.
5. Wearing expensive-looking tailored clothes
6. Having a body piercing (e.g., belly button)
7. Having a face piercing other than earrings (e.g., lip or nose)
8. Having multiple facial piercings.
10. Ultra-short hair
11. Long hair

Right now I'm imagining a banging hot philodandron... :)

1. Wearing glasses. = +1 if they're those black framed ones (on certain chicks
2. Having a small tattoo = 0
3. Having a large tattoo = -.25, 0 if its classy
4. Having multiple tattoos of varying sizes. = -.5
5. Wearing expensive-looking tailored clothes = +.25
6. Having a body piercing = +1
7. Having a face piercing other than earrings = +1
8. Having multiple facial piercings. = +.5
9. Wearing funky clothes = -.5 (I hate chicks in black)
10. Ultra-short hair = -2
11. Long hair = + 2
12. An obviously expensive and carefully coiffed hairstyle = +1
13. Multiple rings on each hand = -.25
14. Visible underwear over a low waistband = +2 (hot, but trashy)
15. Teeth are all filed to sharp points like South American headhunter tribes. = (-10)
16. Wearing makeup (probably more applicable only to human females). = +1-2 (most chicks don't need makeup, but its the thought that counts)

I found out I need a chick with long hair, piercings, and black-rimmed glasses who doesn't dress like a goth chick!

Moooo

Jilly
07-18-2006, 04:01 PM
[QUOTE=DaKCMan AP]she snorts when she laughs. that's -5 for me.[/QUOTE

Does it even it out if she's incredibly pretty???

BucEyedPea
08-12-2006, 04:37 PM
1. Wearing glasses. +2. I love men with glasses for some reason. Fashionable but not square ones. They can even be thick. I like an intelligent-looking and intelligent man, if not done nerdy...it can still be classy.

2. Having a small tattoo. -1 Generally I hate tattos' I think they look dirty.
For some reason men who've been the military seem to be an exception to me.
Seems to me if you've killed someone or tried to it goes with that image.

3. Having a large tattoo -2. Same as above just more so.
4. Having multiple tattoos of varying sizes. This reminds me of prisoners. Not an attractive reminder. This lowers my trust of the man as he could be trendy and not the type to be true over a long period of time.

5. Wearing expensive-looking tailored clothes. +3. Clothing can make a man classy implying a sense of style. A man's wardrobe need not be all expensive looking though...just not tacky and cheap. But it's really your shoes that give you away. Cheap shoes -10!

6. Having a body piercing (e.g., belly button). -2. I don't care for piercings on men. I can tolerate a subtle small stud in one ear only. Other than that, men wearing dangles and large hoops need to put on a skirt.

7. Having a face piercing other than earrings (e.g., lip or nose). -5. Same as above just worse.

8. Having multiple facial piercings. -20. :Lin: :whip: Reminds me of a whips and chains type...pervs.

9. Wearing funky clothes -0.5. I can live with it, if not overdone or inappropriate to an occasion... but it's not as good as having a sense of style.

10. Ultra-short hair -0.5. No. I don't like it too long or too short. But it does depend on the face. Is individual thing.

11. Long hair -2. Depends on how long. Keith Urban's length is fine if they look good in it. Real long,past the shoulders....No! I hate competition with my own hair with a man.

12. An obviously expensive and carefully coiffed hairstyle -2. No it's Rump Rangergy.

13. Multiple rings on each hand. -3. I don't like a lot of jewelry on a man. Any jewelry should be minimal: subtle and sophisticated.

14. Visible underwear over a low waistband. -3 Yuck is poor grooming and sloppy looking.

15. Teeth are all filed to sharp points like South American headhunter tribes. -6 Yuck! :Lin:

16. Wearing makeup. -10 Yuck. Not unless you're a rock star and on stage.Then it can be overlooked. :D

I like a clean cut classic appearance but not afraid of style. A touch of some things ( longer hair, subtle jewelry or whatever) that are subtle can add some individuality and creativeness but NOT when overdone. It's screams for attention...the bad kind. To me it's a sign of some insecurity—always unattractive and unsexy in a man. But whatever a man wears must be worn with confidence.

Rain Man
08-12-2006, 10:16 PM
1. Wearing glasses. +2.

2. Having a small tattoo. -1

3. Having a large tattoo -2.

4. Having multiple tattoos of varying sizes. This reminds me of prisoners.

5. Wearing expensive-looking tailored clothes. +3. Cheap shoes -10!

6. Having a body piercing (e.g., belly button). -2.

7. Having a face piercing other than earrings (e.g., lip or nose). -5.

8. Having multiple facial piercings. -20. :Lin: :whip: Reminds me of a whips and chains type...pervs.

9. Wearing funky clothes -0.5.

10. Ultra-short hair -0.5.

11. Long hair -2.

12. An obviously expensive and carefully coiffed hairstyle -2.

13. Multiple rings on each hand. -3.

14. Visible underwear over a low waistband. -3

15. Teeth are all filed to sharp points like South American headhunter tribes. -6 Yuck!

16. Wearing makeup. -10 Yuck.

This is cool. I probably start out as a 2, and then I get no negative points and 5 positive points. Buc Eyed Pea would think I'm a 7! (This assumes of course that my shoes pass muster and that she doesn't recognize my whips and chains perversity.)