PDA

View Full Version : NCAA '07

Sully
07-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Been playing this for the better part of the past 15 hours.
Not bad. Pretty much the same setup as before, with a few little detail changes.
I'm on 360, and the graphics are fantastic.

Mecca
07-18-2006, 02:16 PM
I got it, however I'm waiting till FK gets the rosters up for download before I start any kind of dynasty though.

htismaqe
07-18-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm gonna wait until some people have done the slider work. I get tired of buying the game the day it comes out and then restarting my dynasty 15 times because the sliders suck.

I took this approach with CH2K6 and I'm still playing and enjoying it.

Woodrow Call
07-18-2006, 04:23 PM
I got it, however I'm waiting till FK gets the rosters up for download before I start any kind of dynasty though.

I usually get the rosters off of ebay on a memory card, is FK a better way to get them? If so what is FK?

OnTheWarpath58
07-18-2006, 04:47 PM
I'm enjoying it....(360)

The only thing that's driving me nuts is Corso whining that I'm running up the score.....on the #6 team, back-to-back weeks.

Graphics are outstanding, as expected.

For all the props they gave themselves about the crowd, I'm a bit disappointed. I haven't seen anything "dynamic." Cheer for TD's.....fight song. About it.

OnTheWarpath58
07-18-2006, 05:29 PM
I usually get the rosters off of ebay on a memory card, is FK a better way to get them? If so what is FK?

Fairdale King. (fkrosters.com)

I've never downloaded a roster, nor purchased a memory card.

If you buy a memory card, do you still need the transfer kit? Or can you plug it directly into the 360 and transfer from there? I'm obviously new to this.

There's no way I'm buying a transfer kit just for flippin rosters.......

Bad enough I'd have to buy a memory card I don't need after I get the rosters.

Mecca
07-18-2006, 09:37 PM
You still need a transfer kit, it's the only way to get it from your PC to the memory card. It's only 15 bucks for one so I think in the end it's worth it plus it's much faster than mailing a card and waiting to get it back. Plus this way you can get the updates he'll do throughout the season for that and for other games.

Bearcat
07-18-2006, 10:11 PM
It's that time of year again, when I think about how I'm not going to buy NCAA for a couple of weeks and then buckle under the pressure...... and I got a $50 Best Buy gift card the other day, so I'm not sure I'll even fight it this time.

On the other hand, IIRC, and according to the Reggie Bush cover & momentum/big play theme, this is an offense year, so that sucks. I try to take the EA Sports message boards lightly, but I've seen a few posts about how easy the AI is and how they didn't fix some of the easiest plays from last year like the HB direct.

Moooo
07-19-2006, 01:56 AM
It's that time of year again, when I think about how I'm not going to buy NCAA for a couple of weeks and then buckle under the pressure...... and I got a $50 Best Buy gift card the other day, so I'm not sure I'll even fight it this time.

On the other hand, IIRC, and according to the Reggie Bush cover & momentum/big play theme, this is an offense year, so that sucks. I try to take the EA Sports message boards lightly, but I've seen a few posts about how easy the AI is and how they didn't fix some of the easiest plays from last year like the HB direct.

I suck at video games, but I've been having problems. I found the computer will just pass all over you. I picked Tennesse and during the Florida game on the student athlete mode (which is the best gimmick so far, IMO), I didn't stop one 3rd and long, but I could stop 3rd and short.

The CPU pass blocking is a bit much, IMO. But I like it a lot. My first game on it, and I got the #1 greatest game of all time. It was good. Tennesse vs. Cal, and me being the fresman QB (in his first game) I am, I string together 6 completed passes for the 4th quarter comeback in the last 2 minutes. :)

The biggest annoyance I have is this; you can't cycle backwards through your players on defense. I like to take the blitzing LB or DB when I blitz, and if I accidentally hit O one to many times, I have to go through another 10 players before I can get back, instead of just pressing X once.

Also, people, don't forget to study! My grades slipped badly by only studying 2 nights of the week. If you're gonna pick a tough major, make sure and study more than that!

Moooo

ZootedGranny
07-19-2006, 02:04 AM
The biggest annoyance I have is this; you can't cycle backwards through your players on defense. I like to take the blitzing LB or DB when I blitz, and if I accidentally hit O one to many times, I have to go through another 10 players before I can get back, instead of just pressing X once.

Moooo

Hold Circle and then use the stick to highlight which player you want.

Moooo
07-19-2006, 02:28 AM
Hold Circle and then use the stick to highlight which player you want.

Cool...

There's a lot of stuff on it I don't get, but that's fine. I play video games about once every few months (and I'll play them non-stop for like a week), and its usually college football.

I like to pick a team, and not let myself call any plays, but "Ask Corso" on every offensive down (like I'm an actual player on the field, having little choice in the playcalling selection). He runs the ball WAAY too much, like 2/3s of the time. I was down by 8 with 1:30 left, 50 yards to go and no timeouts, and he calls a counter (when my RB was averaging 1.4 yards a carry the whole game)! I went nuts, but being true to my way of playing I went along with it, and lost (though I did get the first down). I don't know if I need to pick a new team to fix this or if it's just for every team and that's what he does (cause he still did it even when I changed my book to Texas Tech, with my team still being the Vols).

I liked seeing that they gave props to WVU, also. I think that team is going to be REALLY good the next few years.

Moooo

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 07:53 AM

FYI, I've read literally hundreds of threads over at OperationSports saying that people are seeing DEFENSIVE BATTLES on default AA. so don't get too down yet...

As for buying the game, I'm so lucky that my birthday is August 10th. :D

Ultra Peanut
07-19-2006, 11:03 AM
I honestly wasn't overly impressed by the demo, but I guess I'll rent it and give it a shot.

Bless you, Gamefly.

meStevo
07-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Student Athlete mode was omitted from the 360 version right?

Bearcat
07-19-2006, 12:44 PM
FYI, I've read literally hundreds of threads over at OperationSports saying that people are seeing DEFENSIVE BATTLES on default AA. so don't get too down yet...

As for buying the game, I'm so lucky that my birthday is August 10th. :D

Cool... I should probably find a better source than the easports boards. Most of them just try to find things to bitch about.

It just worries me that the worst thing about 2004 & 2006 was the big plays, and then they say 2007 is about momentum & big plays. As you know, it's frustrating to get into a shootout when the only plays the CPU makes are 60+ yards.

I won't have time to play this week, so it'll give people a chance to create sliders, complain some more, and create rosters.. then I'll mooch from there :p

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 01:02 PM
Cool... I should probably find a better source than the easports boards. Most of them just try to find things to bitch about.

It just worries me that the worst thing about 2004 & 2006 was the big plays, and then they say 2007 is about momentum & big plays. As you know, it's frustrating to get into a shootout when the only plays the CPU makes are 60+ yards.

I won't have time to play this week, so it'll give people a chance to create sliders, complain some more, and create rosters.. then I'll mooch from there :p

The two best places to get sliders:

http://forums.operationsports.com/vBulletin/index.php?

http://www.madden04.com/forums/index.php

I tend to use Operation Sports more now, due to the level of traffic.

JBucc
07-19-2006, 06:03 PM
I'm probably going to get it for XBOX instead of the 360. From what I've read the 360 version is a bit stripped down like the 360 Madden is. Lots of missing features and such.

Mecca
07-19-2006, 08:51 PM
I'm probably going to get it for XBOX instead of the 360. From what I've read the 360 version is a bit stripped down like the 360 Madden is. Lots of missing features and such.

The only thing it's really missing is the "chase for the heisman" mode. If you just play dynasty stuff that's all there other than the sports illustrated stuff. All the recruiting and in season recruiting features are on 360.

Munson
07-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Does anyone else hate the 1st person view when returning kickoffs and punts? Its driving me crazy. :cuss:

Mecca
07-19-2006, 09:46 PM
Does anyone else hate the 1st person view when returning kickoffs and punts? Its driving me crazy. :cuss:

In a nice twist the 360 version doesn't have that......thankfully.

htismaqe
07-20-2006, 07:46 AM

From what I've read, the 360 is missing "Race for the Heisman" mode, which in my opinion was the single biggest waste of space on last year's disc.

That being said, I've also read that the XBox 360 version has new attributes for certain players, like offensive linemen.

JBucc
07-20-2006, 12:08 PM
The only thing it's really missing is the "chase for the heisman" mode. If you just play dynasty stuff that's all there other than the sports illustrated stuff. All the recruiting and in season recruiting features are on 360.That's good. I don't care about the heisman chase thing but on one review I read it sounded like recruiting had been dumbed down a lot. Guess not though. I did like the Sports Illustrated stuff but it's not that important.

Ultra Peanut
07-20-2006, 05:02 PM
From what I've read, the 360 is missing "Race for the Heisman" modeI think this is the first time I've ever been happy EA has removed a feature/game mode. I think I played that for a combined total of five minutes last year.

Mecca
07-20-2006, 05:24 PM
The recruiting stuff has always been sort of glitchy to begin with so it would be nice if they actually fixed that. There's always a ton of 5 star recruits not to mention if you're good you can get about 10 of them on your team in 1 year.

Also last years annoyed me because there were constantly WR's that were 6'8, 6'9 with high 90 speed ratings. That's a bit unrealistic maybe 1 guy but there'd be like 12 of them in every recruiting class.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-20-2006, 06:31 PM

I have returned more kickoffs and punts for TD with this feature than I ever did normally. It's more realistic too. I hope they get to the point where every play of the game is in this mode and you can use the right analog stick to turn the players head and look around while running or passing. I love this feature.

Bearcat
07-20-2006, 07:16 PM
The recruiting stuff has always been sort of glitchy to begin with so it would be nice if they actually fixed that. There's always a ton of 5 star recruits not to mention if you're good you can get about 10 of them on your team in 1 year.

Yeah, they really need to slow that process down... my goal for the first school in a dynasty (Kansas) is to win a NC before my 3 year contract expires, and I had done it every year to the point of my first dynasty in '06 (won it in 4). It was more challenging to stay at the top in '06, so it would be nice to see them slow down the process of getting there.... even though I know it's hard to test that to where people don't get frustrated with the game... but hell, if you're Kansas, should you ever expect to crack the top 10?

Mecca
07-22-2006, 03:04 PM
If anyone has a transfer kit and wants to know FK has the rosters up for 360.

Bearcat
07-23-2006, 10:44 AM
I was near Best Buy yesterday with my gift card, caved in, and bought it. I found what seems to be decent sliders, even though I suck at the game again... there's always a little learning curve until I get used to the AI tweaks, like receivers being covered.

I start on Heisman, and I was seeing too many big plays, but after some tweaking I had a couple of decent games.

I'm surprised there's such a delay on Xbox rosters... I know people get the game a couple of weeks in advance, and I've seen them out sooner than this before... but I know it's a ton of work, and they have to deal with 360, too. It's just not the same without names though ;)

DrNick
07-23-2006, 12:32 PM
I was near Best Buy yesterday with my gift card, caved in, and bought it. I found what seems to be decent sliders, even though I suck at the game again... there's always a little learning curve until I get used to the AI tweaks, like receivers being covered.

I start on Heisman, and I was seeing too many big plays, but after some tweaking I had a couple of decent games.

I'm surprised there's such a delay on Xbox rosters... I know people get the game a couple of weeks in advance, and I've seen them out sooner than this before... but I know it's a ton of work, and they have to deal with 360, too. It's just not the same without names though ;)

Are you playing on Xbox or 360? I just got my 360 a couple of weeks ago, and a Gamefly subscription to go with it...Looking forward to giving this one a spin before I cave in to buying it. :)

Bearcat
07-23-2006, 01:27 PM
Are you playing on Xbox or 360? I just got my 360 a couple of weeks ago, and a Gamefly subscription to go with it...Looking forward to giving this one a spin before I cave in to buying it. :)

Xbox... I don't play enough anymore to buy a 360. I had actually set out to do absolutely nothing after class last night and play that for hours on end, but only ended up playing it for about 90 minutes (didn't actually finish the 'couple of decent games'... I'm impatient with sliders). Damn ADD.

How about an October trip to Orlando... still up for guests? I'm planning a trip to San Diego in September or October, and was thinking about Florida, too... by that time I'll have senioritis to go along with my need for roadtrips.

Moooo
07-23-2006, 08:46 PM

I know its blasphemy but I do random rosters and fill in the names I know. I usually pick teams to use that I don't know anything about, though...

If you're doing the special mode where you create a player, you might run into problems with playing on a team that doesn't use them. If you go into a Dynasty, you can see every team's percentage of run vs. pass. I created a QB, and consequently picked South Carolina, and another one as Texas Tech.

Moooo

Bearcat
07-24-2006, 08:36 AM
I know its blasphemy but I do random rosters and fill in the names I know. I usually pick teams to use that I don't know anything about, though...

If you're doing the special mode where you create a player, you might run into problems with playing on a team that doesn't use them. If you go into a Dynasty, you can see every team's percentage of run vs. pass. I created a QB, and consequently picked South Carolina, and another one as Texas Tech.

Moooo

Is the "fill roster with names" (or whatever it's called) new this year? I hadn't ever noticed it before. I like the real rosters because it helps me learn names, since I'm not a big draft person.

Ah, South Carolina. I picked them last year after my stay at Kansas, because they were they perfect fit... a tough conference, a rotating conference schedule, fast quarterbacks, a good place to play once you fill it up.

That was probably the biggest challenge I've had, because even with being Kansas I might only play a few ranked teams a year (even after customizing the schedule). Georgia was in the top 5 for 3 or 4 years in a row... they cost me the chance at an SEC title one year and a NC another year. But, we actually met in the NC game one year and I beat them :)

Ultra Peanut
07-25-2006, 08:58 AM
So, this game.

Is good. Very good, in fact. I'm very pleasantly surprised, on the whole.

Despite the fact that a lot of the fluff and atmosphere for the 360 version -- so many missing stadiums, with a whopping two generic stadium models to fill out the remaining ~60 schools; Cal and Arkansas State are identical, for instance -- isn't going to be there until next year, at the earliest, the gameplay has been more than worthwhile. I've heard good things about Dynasty/recruiting, too, lack of magazines notwithstanding.

Ultra Peanut
07-25-2006, 10:55 AM
Oh, and I forgot to mention a play that has already locked up a place in my own personal NCAA history books.

I'm Oregon at Fresno State in week two, and holding a 7-6 lead with less than thirty seconds left in the first half. The Bulldogs have the ball at midfield, and the handoff to Clifton Smith looks to be fairly well contained until he breaks through my defenders and gets into a footrace with my secondary. It looks like a huge momentum shift to end the half, and oh, what a shift it turns out to be.

He's finally run down just inside the ten yard line, and OH MY GOD, THE BALL IS LOOSE!!!!! Patrick Chung picks it up, and he's headed the other way. He returns it 91 yards for the touchdown, my mouth agape the whole way.

What looked like a certain 13-6 deficit at the break became a 14-6 lead, and I eventually roll to a 34-6 victory.

Oh, and Chung later came away with a pick, to boot. Truly a Coca-Cola® Pontiac® Game-Changing Performance™ presented by Old Spice® if there ever was one.

Thig Lyfe
07-25-2006, 11:25 AM
I thought they were replacing SI with ESPN the magazine.

Bearcat
07-25-2006, 09:17 PM
Got the rosters downloaded... didn't want to start as Kansas, because the Big 12 North is just too damn boring. Thought about the Big 11, since almost every team is in the top 45 except for Illinois & Indiana, but I wasn't feeling it with either of them, so I went with Vanderbilt (I don't know either).

So, I have to get through 4 teams in the top 30 just to get to a conference championship game.... and who I do start with? @Michigan. I have Duke & Temple down the road, so I figured I'd play the role of the cupcake, and I think I did a great job. Put it on Heisman, found some good sliders, and got my ass handed to me. It flowed well though... I could move the ball, but couldn't keep anything going... made a couple of decent plays, but choked the opportunities away.... and I got a good goal out of it, too. In five years, I'm coming back to the Big House and I am SO.... scoring.

Moooo
07-25-2006, 09:30 PM
Got the rosters downloaded... didn't want to start as Kansas, because the Big 12 North is just too damn boring. Thought about the Big 11, since almost every team is in the top 45 except for Illinois & Indiana, but I wasn't feeling it with either of them, so I went with Vanderbilt (I don't know either).

So, I have to get through 4 teams in the top 30 just to get to a conference championship game.... and who I do start with? @Michigan. I have Duke & Temple down the road, so I figured I'd play the role of the cupcake, and I think I did a great job. Put it on Heisman, found some good sliders, and got my ass handed to me. It flowed well though... I could move the ball, but couldn't keep anything going... made a couple of decent plays, but choked the opportunities away.... and I got a good goal out of it, too. In five years, I'm coming back to the Big House and I am SO.... scoring.

You have uber integrity. Being the neurotic guy I am I only play video games if I can chill out. Getting owned by the Wolverines wouldn't do it for me.

Then again, I won't say I'm good at playing football, I just enjoy it.

Moooo

Ultra Peanut
07-26-2006, 07:07 AM
I thought they were replacing SI with ESPN the magazine.Not on the 360. Instead of magazine covers and "articles," there's just a section with stats and polls and whatnot. As I said earlier, the presentation is painfully barebones, but I'm loving the way it plays too much to be overly concerned with the mostly non-existent fluff (like having the FRICKING LIBERTY BOWL IN THE GAME :().

All things considered, I really like it, though.

Bearcat
07-26-2006, 09:00 AM
You have uber integrity. Being the neurotic guy I am I only play video games if I can chill out. Getting owned by the Wolverines wouldn't do it for me.

Then again, I won't say I'm good at playing football, I just enjoy it.

Moooo

I'm in it for the challenge. I used to take decent teams at the beginning, but after a couple of years it was just NC after NC, and it can be pretty boring when you're beating the best teams in the NCAA 63-10.

Last year I tried South Carolina, which I think was in the 60s when I started, and it was great... Tennessee really fell off the map, but Georgia, Florida, and Auburn were always in the top 15. It didn't take long to get close to the top because recruiting was way too easy, and minus a couple of games the regular season was too easy, but the SEC Championship game & NC game was always a challenge.

With Vanderbilt, I want the whole challenge... I certainly want to at least be in the games I should win (Temple, Duke, Kentucky), but at the same time I want the challenge of getting my butt kicked now and working my way from drubbings to playing with ranked teams..... and I want that process to take more than a season or two. It's Vanderbilt.. it should take even a genius coach 5 years to get the program competing with the others in the SEC, much less for an SEC championship or NC.

htismaqe
07-26-2006, 09:28 AM
I'm in it for the challenge. I used to take decent teams at the beginning, but after a couple of years it was just NC after NC, and it can be pretty boring when you're beating the best teams in the NCAA 63-10.

Last year I tried South Carolina, which I think was in the 60s when I started, and it was great... Tennessee really fell off the map, but Georgia, Florida, and Auburn were always in the top 15. It didn't take long to get close to the top because recruiting was way too easy, and minus a couple of games the regular season was too easy, but the SEC Championship game & NC game was always a challenge.

With Vanderbilt, I want the whole challenge... I certainly want to at least be in the games I should win (Temple, Duke, Kentucky), but at the same time I want the challenge of getting my butt kicked now and working my way from drubbings to playing with ranked teams..... and I want that process to take more than a season or two. It's Vanderbilt.. it should take even a genius coach 5 years to get the program competing with the others in the SEC, much less for an SEC championship or NC.

I always start my dynasty with a team like Arkansas State or UL Lafayette...

Bearcat
07-26-2006, 09:39 AM
I always start my dynasty with a team like Arkansas State or UL Lafayette...

I've gone away from that recently because of recruiting being so easy, plus the fact that you're playing in the Southern Urban Conference. Last night I was choosing between #89 Duke, who was the lowest ranked big conference team, #76 Vanderbilt, and a few others down there... and with Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama (I think), and LSU all being ranked, and South Carolina being around #30, I couldn't pass it up.

JBucc
07-26-2006, 09:44 AM
I always try to make the non-conference schedule as hard as possible. For example my first five games on the schedule right now are #2 Texas, #1 Nebraska, #10 Fla. St., #9 USC, and #17 Louisville. All away games. I lost to Texas in 3 OT's when they converted the 2 pointer and I didn't.:banghead:

htismaqe
07-26-2006, 10:14 AM
I've gone away from that recently because of recruiting being so easy, plus the fact that you're playing in the Southern Urban Conference. Last night I was choosing between #89 Duke, who was the lowest ranked big conference team, #76 Vanderbilt, and a few others down there... and with Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama (I think), and LSU all being ranked, and South Carolina being around #30, I couldn't pass it up.

I use recruiting "house rules" so it doesn't bother me at all.

Bearcat
07-26-2006, 10:47 AM
I use recruiting "house rules" so it doesn't bother me at all.

What are they?

htismaqe
07-26-2006, 11:10 AM
What are they?

I have them at home I think. I'll see if I can post them tonight.

Basically, I only recruit locally/regionally based on the prestige of my school...

htismaqe
07-26-2006, 11:35 AM
By the way, I've heard recruiting is MUCH better on the 360 version this year, and house rules may not be needed.

Bearcat
07-26-2006, 11:48 AM
I've heard the same thing about recruiting.. that it's a lot better. I'll try it out, but if I get more 4 & 5 stars from Texas in my second year than the Texas schools, I might have to set some guidelines.
The season will be a success if ... Vandy wins five games. Forget about beating the big boys, but this is a good enough team to win home dates against Tennessee State and Kent State and hope victories on the road against teams their own size like Duke and Kentucky. If there can be an upset over Arkansas or South Carolina, or a road win over Ole Miss, five wins is a possibility.

Going to be a long season, boys!

I like how they try to make it sound positive ROFL

NJ Chief Fan
07-26-2006, 07:47 PM
havent had the chance to play this yet, but ive seen on the commercials that reggie bush is playing in the game, is he still on usc, cause if he is thats the gayest shit ever

Mecca
07-26-2006, 07:48 PM
No.....they always use a big player from the year before because they can't use a current player in the NCAA to promote the game.

Demonpenz
07-27-2006, 09:39 AM
reggie is probably on the teams from the past though

Bearcat
07-28-2006, 12:20 PM
I'm really liking the AI, and really like the sliders I got from operation sports. The biggest difference, IMO, is the talent level between the top schools and bottom schools.

My two wins have been against 1-AA Tennessee State and #76 Ole Miss, and I haven't stood a chance against the ranked teams. The cool thing about it though is that it's not the all-or-nothing/big play crap they used to have. I haven't seen many 1 play/70 yard drives, which is such a relief after years of stopping the CPU 3 & out for 5 drives in a row just to see three huge plays tie the game.

The biggest problem at this point though is the fumbles.... Georgia only outgained me by 30 yards, but kicked my ass because I had SEVEN fumbles (two of which I take responsibility for).

I'm 2-5 and will probably trade losses & wins for the rest of the season... #11 South Carolina, Duke, #17 Florida, Kentucky, #16 Tennessee. Fox Sports "the season will be a success if they win 5 games" looks to be holding true at this point.

Bearcat
07-30-2006, 08:47 AM
So, I'm officially addicted.

I simulated the rest of the season, and ended up with 4 wins on the season. Recruiting was rather difficult, but they were in the best shape of any team I've ever had... had a lot of position with Senior/Sophomore combos for next year.

I've played 4 games in the new season over the last couple of days... I went 3-0, but it was Samford, #50 San Diego State, and #103 Kentucky. I was actually up to #8 Louisville 10-0 because of an INT return for a touchdown, but was down 24-10 at half and lost 52-38.

I had to turn off the game against #5 South Carolina last night, but I wasn't heartbroken... I had so many chances to put them away early on and couldn't do it because I'm Vanderbilt..... so realistic I wanted to claw my eyes out. I love this game :D

Ultra Peanut
07-30-2006, 11:01 AM
No Memphis theme or gamerpic pack.

**** you, EA. I would have actually given you some money, you bastards.

I'd say more about the actual NCAA experience, but I've kind of been devoured by Oblivion.

Jenson71
07-30-2006, 12:20 PM
You don't like Campus Legends, Psi? I'm having a great time with that. I think it's cool that you can become a coach after you graduate. I'm a sophmore running back studying pyschology at Boston Co. My name is Jenson, and it's awesome that the commentators actually say my name! No, I'm not "Number 31", by God, I'm "Jenson, in the backfield". It's cool. Technology - cool. Sure, the UNI Dome doesn't look exactly like the UNI Dome, and I was slightly disappointed by lack of UNI theme, but it's tolerable, definitely.

Moooo
07-30-2006, 03:26 PM
You don't like Campus Legends, Psi? I'm having a great time with that. I think it's cool that you can become a coach after you graduate. I'm a sophmore running back studying pyschology at Boston Co. My name is Jenson, and it's awesome that the commentators actually say my name! No, I'm not "Number 31", by God, I'm "Jenson, in the backfield". It's cool. Technology - cool. Sure, the UNI Dome doesn't look exactly like the UNI Dome, and I was slightly disappointed by lack of UNI theme, but it's tolerable, definitely.

I'm having a hell of a time with it. No matter what I do as a RB after the tryouts my RB isn't ranked anything above 70something (and I get 80 points to work with)

When I made a QB, he was rated 90 to start out with. But the other positions... nothing even close!

Moooo

htismaqe
07-30-2006, 06:57 PM
Hey Bearcat, I sympathize on your fumble problem, but that's actually good news compared to previous years were there were ZERO.

Demonpenz
07-30-2006, 08:01 PM
anyone have this game for plain old xbox. I am thinking about picking it up because i have no life

DrNick
07-31-2006, 06:25 AM
I'd say more about the actual NCAA experience, but I've kind of been devoured by Oblivion.

As have I...unfortunately for me, my 360 stopped working this morning. :mad:

Yesterday when I would put in the Oblivion disc it would occasionally give me an error - a white screen that said in several languages, "You must put this disc in an Xbox 360 console for it to work." Color me confused.

Anyway, I'm currently waiting for M$ tech support to open so I can give them a piece of my mind...I haven't even had the console 30 days and it's already pitching me a fit. :cuss: :banghead:

Bearcat
07-31-2006, 06:57 AM
Hey Bearcat, I sympathize on your fumble problem, but that's actually good news compared to previous years were there were ZERO.

I've done a lot better lately at not allowing the stupid fumbles... pitch issues on the option, not running my QB out of bounds, etc. Guess I never noticed there weren't any random fumbles in previous years because I can do some stupid stuff with the option :banghead:

anyone have this game for plain old xbox. I am thinking about picking it up because i have no life

I do. Pick it up. Now! :)

I'm not one that drools over every game every year because of a screenshot.... this is coming from someone who hasn't played Madden since '03 and hasn't really enjoyed it since '02 and didn't even bother buying NCAA '05: EA gets it! It can be about gameplay, too!

Ultra Peanut
07-31-2006, 04:47 PM
So, I spent the better part of the day naming/creating players for Memphis, and some key players around the rest of the college football world (I'm going to try to wait until this fall to get the XSATA).

Then I lost 16-13 in OT after missing a field goal at Mississippi. :banghead:

The game is pretty much outstanding, on the whole.

Yesterday when I would put in the Oblivion disc it would occasionally give me an error - a white screen that said in several languages, "You must put this disc in an Xbox 360 console for it to work." Color me confused. The Oblivion disc I got from Gamefly actually did that to me, as well. I sent the (scratched) disc back, and just went ahead and bought it.

Good move, aside from the whole "eats your soul/time" thing.

DrNick
08-01-2006, 06:51 AM
The Oblivion disc I got from Gamefly actually did that to me, as well. I sent the (scratched) disc back, and just went ahead and bought it.

Good move, aside from the whole "eats your soul/time" thing.

That was my issue...I thought that the Gamefly disc was messed up. I ended up buying the game anyway (eats your soul/time) and my brand new disc did the same thing...that's when I figured it was the Xbox. Also, I tried all other forms of games...my PGR3 disc, some of my original Xbox games....all tried to read as DVDs and not games...but now the new box is up and running like a champ! :)

Ultra Peanut
08-01-2006, 07:22 AM
Ack. Glad you nipped that in the bud.

Demonpenz
08-03-2006, 01:55 PM
does anyone have ncaa 2005 sliders

Bearcat
08-03-2006, 02:10 PM
does anyone have ncaa 2005 sliders

Skipped that one.... rented once and then went back to playing '04.

Demonpenz
08-03-2006, 02:12 PM
damnit someone had sliders on here when i was playing it. I don't like the new 2007 so i took that one back. but anyway there was someone with 2005 sliders on here

Bearcat
08-03-2006, 02:26 PM
damnit someone had sliders on here when i was playing it. I don't like the new 2007 so i took that one back. but anyway there was someone with 2005 sliders on here

Why don't you like 2007? To each his own.. I don't think you should like it or anything.. just curious.

JBucc
08-03-2006, 02:30 PM
I never bought 05 either. It just didn't "feel" right to me.

htismaqe
08-03-2006, 02:42 PM
Interesting that you chose 2005 if you didn't like 2007. IMO, 2004 was great and the gameplay in every game since then has been flawed.

Demonpenz
08-03-2006, 03:22 PM
I loved the drop ball feature in 2005! No I was going to get 2007 today but the wal mart was out. I don't need 2007 I just play to give me something to watch while i walk on the tredmill. I will probably pick up 07 soon because i can't find the sliders for 2005

Demonpenz
08-03-2006, 03:22 PM
There was a thread about 2005 i can't find it though

htismaqe
08-04-2006, 07:46 AM
You loved the drop ball feature in 2005?

You're nuts.

Bearcat
08-06-2006, 08:39 AM
Something odd happened... After beating Temple and losing to #5 South Carolina, I beat #13 Auburn 50-0. At Auburn. With my backup QB! (starter was suspended). As long as everything else played out normally, that win would have given me a bowl bid..... THEN, I lose to unranked 3-3 Ole Miss... badly. At home. With my starting QB! :cuss: Guess I got cocky :shrug:

It's weird, because whenever I win that easily, sometimes I won't use the same defenses I was before and will stay away from gimme plays... did that with Ole Miss, but after being down early, went back to the bread & butter and that wasn't working either.

5-3 now, but I have Tennessee, Florida, and Georgia back-to-back-to-back.... along with an unranked SEC West team.

I wonder if the CPU cares if one of my wins was I-AA? :hmmm:

HC_Chief
08-06-2006, 10:22 AM
heh, I've taken KU to back-to-back National Championships... defeating Notre Dame in the first and Ohio State in the second. Haven't lost a game yet. Been very close... but have so far gone undefeated. I think that may end soon tho'... I haven't recruited very well, despite "sending the house" to recruits who show a high level of interest. I guess I just don't get that part yet.

Bearcat
08-06-2006, 10:35 AM
heh, I've taken KU to back-to-back National Championships... defeating Notre Dame in the first and Ohio State in the second. Haven't lost a game yet. Been very close... but have so far gone undefeated. I think that may end soon tho'... I haven't recruited very well, despite "sending the house" to recruits who show a high level of interest. I guess I just don't get that part yet.

What level are you playing on?

I would have loved to beat those two teams for NCs.

Nebraska is the old Ohio State in my dynasty so far (for me anyway, OSU was always in the top 3 in '04 & '06, no matter how many years I played)... won a NC in my first year and is currently #1. How is Nebraska in your dynasty? I don't like playing so many unranked teams each year, which is why I stayed away from KU this time.

HC_Chief
08-06-2006, 10:50 AM
What level are you playing on?

I would have loved to beat those two teams for NCs.

Nebraska is the old Ohio State in my dynasty so far (for me anyway, OSU was always in the top 3 in '04 & '06, no matter how many years I played)... won a NC in my first year and is currently #1. How is Nebraska in your dynasty? I don't like playing so many unranked teams each year, which is why I stayed away from KU this time.

Default level.

Nebraska is strong.... they are the team I've had to defeat to win the north. I've faced OU twice in the CC (@ Arrowhead) ;)

Iowa State has been a tough game. KSU was tough at home. I have obliterated MU with ease... margin of victory 50+ ppg :D

My first year I had the #1 scoring O, #4 overall and #8 D. Passing was my game in year 1, with a run-stuffing defense. Year 2 my O was all about rushing... would amass 200+ rypg. Defense again stifling -v- rush.

Year 3 has been tough so far. My kicker SUCKS. He's a weak-legged freshman. I recruited the hell out of kickers but none wanted to accept a scholarship. No idea why... my O has been #1 in scoring... maybe the kickers don't want to kick so many PATs and KOs?

Ultra Peanut
08-06-2006, 10:43 PM
I love how Memphis has approximately 27 receivers, yet half of them are sitting on the bench the whole game, watching my defensive backs come in for my fatigued starters. :thumb:

Bearcat
08-07-2006, 09:29 PM
This has taken a turn for the cheesy... won 50-0 @Auburn, lost at home to two unranked teams... badly. Went to #18 Florida & won 30-14... and their 14 were from a punt return & a long pass on the final play of the game.

WTH?

It was going so well... the good teams were really good, the bad ones were bad..... I could usually beat the bad ones and lost to all the good ones :shrug:

If I beat ranked Tennessee or ranked Georgia, I could get into a decent bowl! :cuss: I mean.... yay. :spock:

Ultra Peanut
08-07-2006, 10:03 PM
The past couple of games have been pissing me off, as well. I go up 17-3 on UTEP late in the first half, so naturally, they march down the field in thirty seconds and score with two seconds left. Shocker of shockers, I then fumble on the kickoff return and they return it for a TD to tie the game up with a 14-point swing (I'd previously been at a full 5 bars in momentum, too) in the span of thirty-five seconds.

This wouldn't be an issue if it were an isolated incident, but God only knows how many fumbles have been returned for TDs against me in the past three games.

HC_Chief
08-08-2006, 08:11 AM
These issues are common in EA games. I believe it is due to the AI they build into their sports titles. If you are dominating, the AI tries to compensate to make the gme more challenging. IMO it overcompensates, resulting in the appearance that the game is cheating the player by completing passes to triple-covered receivers, or your team starts fumbling out of the blue, or your line starts jumping offsides in a HOME game, or the boxer you oppose suddenly throws a series of insane power shots while staggered (FN3), etc.

I've found that it's best to just weather the storm. When these things happen, it's when I am clearly ahead. I back off in my gameplay, get conservative for a minute or two, then turn the heat back up. This has alwasy resulted in a rout in my favor.

KILLER_CLOWN
08-08-2006, 08:27 AM
I have the PSP version and I have to say it rocks. It is somewhat easy as my average margin of victory is like 40+ points and i'm playing the Jayhawks. Graphics and gameplay are top notch tho tis' hard to imagine going to Nebraska and winning 62-0.

Ultra Peanut
08-08-2006, 09:13 AM
Seriously, though, this:

I love how Memphis has approximately 27 receivers, yet half of them are sitting on the bench the whole game, watching my defensive backs come in for my fatigued starters. :thumb:Pisses me off far more than the cheesy stuff that sometimes happens. All you need is more available slots to place receivers (at least ten spots, I'd say, though maybe I'm just spoiled by the Tigers' depth when it comes to solid receivers), or WONDER OF WONDERS, mother****ing formation subs. :banghead:

What in the blue hell made them leave that out of the 360 version? With the way the game plays, I don't mind the stadium issue, or the lack of atmosphere, or the lack of dynasty immersion nearly as much as I otherwise would... but DAMNIT, I WANT FORMATION SUBS, AND **** YOU FOR NOT INCLUDING THEM, TIBURON.

At least then I could put Robinzine, Singleton, Knockum, Calhoun (if I hadn't redshirted him), and McCoy in a few sets and distribute the load rather than watching them languish or manually slog through the depth chart to insert them.

Honest to God, there may be nothing more irritating than failing to notice that your receivers are gassed and seeing Jamaal Rufus line up where Maurice Jones should be. Even worse when you're desperately trying to claw your way back in the fourth quarter.

htismaqe
08-08-2006, 09:57 AM
Seriously, though, this:

Pisses me off far more than the cheesy stuff that sometimes happens. All you need is more available slots to place receivers (at least ten spots, I'd say, though maybe I'm just spoiled by the Tigers' depth when it comes to solid receivers), or WONDER OF WONDERS, mother****ing formation subs. :banghead:

What in the blue hell made them leave that out of the 360 version? With the way the game plays, I don't mind the stadium issue, or the lack of atmosphere, or the lack of dynasty immersion nearly as much as I otherwise would... but DAMNIT, I WANT FORMATION SUBS, AND **** YOU FOR NOT INCLUDING THEM, TIBURON.

At least then I could put Robinzine, Singleton, Knockum, Calhoun (if I hadn't redshirted him), and McCoy in a few sets and distribute the load rather than watching them languish or manually slog through the depth chart to insert them.

Honest to God, there may be nothing more irritating than failing to notice that your receivers are gassed and seeing Jamaal Rufus line up where Maurice Jones should be. Even worse when you're desperately trying to claw your way back in the fourth quarter.

Yeah, formation subs is a huge deal.

HC_Chief
08-08-2006, 10:14 AM
I guess I'm not following here.... you can change players in the formation when you select your set. This is for both O and D. Select the formation, then before you select a play click the L trigger to swap players/formations.

Ultra Peanut
08-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Those aren't formation subs, though. Those are package subs.

I'm talking about being able to, say, automatically sub Carlton Robinzine in for Earnest Williams in Trips Over, or T.J. Pitts for Joe Doss when I'm in I-Formation.

The Pitts thing is reasonably easy, even if it does waste a couple of seconds of button mashing to get to "Spell HB." The WR subbing thing is impossible, though, without going into the depth chart and (tediously) aligning things manually.

HC_Chief
08-08-2006, 10:22 AM
ahhh ic. So the depth chart settings have been neutered in this edition?

Ultra Peanut
08-08-2006, 10:24 AM
ahhh ic. So the depth chart settings have been neutered in this edition?I suppose you could say that. I have few quibbles with the depth chart itself, aside from the aforementioned need to add more slots for certain positions and improve the mass subs logic, but the lack of formation subs is really, really irritating.

Mecca
08-09-2006, 08:55 AM
I'd just like to point out that Calvin Johnson and Dwayne Jarrett are both unstoppable on this game. If you play with either of those teams you can throw 70 yard passes to them like it's nothing.

JBucc
08-09-2006, 09:45 AM
I'd just like to point out that Calvin Johnson and Dwayne Jarrett are both unstoppable on this game. If you play with either of those teams you can throw 70 yard passes to them like it's nothing.The other reciever for USC is pretty good too. I actually contained Jarret in the game I played against USC but the other guy torched my secondary for almost 200 yards.

KILLER_CLOWN
08-10-2006, 10:27 PM
I'm now on my 4th quarterback, as if having my 3rd stringer my 4th wideout was too good for me. Now i'm relegated to my 3rd halfback calling the signals, ARGHH!!!

Ultra Peanut
08-11-2006, 10:10 AM
I'm now on my 4th quarterbackWait, there's a Memphis 2005 mode in the game? How did I never find out about this?!

Ultra Peanut
08-11-2006, 02:23 PM
Last night, I dreamed I'd discovered a way to implement formation subs in NCAA 07.

:sulk:

And then I fought some zombies, I think.

Coach
08-16-2006, 05:23 PM
2 things that I think needs some adjustment.

1. Whenever I am using the Campus Legend game, and whenever there are practices, the position coach should design what you should do and all, instead of having me decide what plays to run and all. There should be like say, if you're a quarterback, an position coach will have you do the one-on-one with a WR vs. CB's and such. Also 7 on 7 would be a good thing to add in there.

2. Seriously, whenever the game is over, the head coaches wearing their headsets while walking to mid-field and all that, is just dumb. They don't wear their freaking headsets at all when the game is over.

Bearcat
11-26-2006, 12:12 PM
I started a franchise as Florida not too long ago. My only loss up until FSU was at Auburn. The BCS looked like this:

1) Oklahoma
2) Notre Dame
3) Florida
4) USC
5) Florida State

OU vs. Oklahoma State, ND vs USC, UF vs FSU

OU beats OSU
USC beats ND
I lose to FSU in OT 20-13 (grr)

New rankings...

1) OU
2) USC
3) FSU
4) LSU
5) UF (I beat LSU earlier in the season, so that sucks)

Conference Championships:

OU loses to #13 Nebraska.
FSU loses to #10 Virginia Tech.
I beat LSU 35-20 (it was 28-20 before I picked them off with about a minute to go).

New rankings...

1) USC (#1 in both polls with a computer avg of .700)
2) Florida ROFL (#3 in the Media, #4 in the AP, but a computer average of over .9... the next closest was .87, then .84)
3) Auburn (Almost wish I had played them in the NC)

I gave you previous scores so you could compare it to this one:

Florida 45
USC 12

Okay, so I was glad to play a softy after such a long, hard road :D USC did score a TD, but failed on a 2 pt when trailing 28-12. While it's a cheesy game where I can blow out a ranked opponent one week and struggle against Kentucky the next (I'm going to try turning off momentum & home field advantage to see if it helps), it was really fitting to see such dominance after so many close SEC games.

Not that this type of dominance would happen in real life, but I guess we'll never know :(