PDA

View Full Version : Fishing with my grandsons

Always a Chief fan
07-18-2006, 05:40 PM
My wife and I took our two oldest grandsons fishing yesterday evening after the heat let up. One is 6 and the other is 3. I helped them put minnows on their hooks, and in less than 5 min my 6 yr old catches a largemouth bass, and reels it in all by himself. Seeing the smiles and the big eyes on those boys as I helped put the fish on the stringer reinforced in my mind what is important in life. It was a good time and we will have many more, but I will treasure this one forever.

HemiEd
07-18-2006, 05:47 PM
Time with the Grandson's is some the best time I have ever spent with anyone. They will always remember that fishing experience Grandpa!

bogie
07-18-2006, 05:59 PM
Time with the Grandson's is some the best time I have ever spent with anyone. They will always remember that fishing experience Grandpa!

I had my kid so late in life, my Grandchildren will probably have to bait my hook for me.

HemiEd
07-18-2006, 06:04 PM
I had my kid so late in life, my Grandchildren will probably have to bait my hook for me.

There is an upside to that, you get to enjoy your kids later in life. You are probably much wiser now than you would have been at a younger age.
My youngest made me a Grandpa at 44, I was one mad SOB! Now he is my best bud, awesome kid.

Always a Chief fan
07-18-2006, 06:10 PM
I hear ya HemiEd. I was 43 when my oldest grandson was born. We are best pals. Hopefully if I take care of myself I will get to take him turkey hunting,and see him play football in HS and college.

HemiEd
07-18-2006, 06:17 PM
I hear ya HemiEd. I was 43 when my oldest grandson was born. We are best pals. Hopefully if I take care of myself I will get to take him turkey hunting,and see him play football in HS and college.

I have similar asperations, but mine live a little over a thousand miles away in Ft. Worth. He is kind of on the small side, so I have been spending all the time I can with him on his golf game. His highest interest level though seems to be in PlayStation2.

bogie
07-18-2006, 06:28 PM
There is an upside to that, you get to enjoy your kids later in life. You are probably much wiser now than you would have been at a younger age.
My youngest made me a Grandpa at 44, I was one mad SOB! Now he is my best bud, awesome kid.

I became a Daddy at 40. She's now 8 and keeps me young. If I let her have sleep overs with 8 year old boys maybe I too can be a Grandpa soon. :p

Always a Chief fan
07-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Not with my grandson you don't!

bogie
07-18-2006, 06:34 PM
Not with my grandson you don't!

How about we introduce them in about 20 years. She'll be a Chiefs fan, a hunter and a golfer if it kills me.

Always a Chief fan
07-18-2006, 06:37 PM
Well, that might work, as long as she's a Chief's fan. LOL!

HemiEd
07-18-2006, 06:43 PM
I became a Daddy at 40. She's now 8 and keeps me young. :p

I have a friend that had his last one at 55. I just can not picture trying to keep up with a high school aged boy at 73. 58 won't be so bad for you, should be a lot of fun.

bogie
07-18-2006, 06:51 PM
I have a friend that had his last one at 55. I just can not picture trying to keep up with a high school aged boy at 73. 58 won't be so bad for you, should be a lot of fun.

WOW! I can barely keep up at 48. Yea, I'm thinking she's out of the house at 18 or so (although I'm not rushing it) and then I retire and hit the links in the summer and the deer stands in the winter.

Always a Chief fan
07-18-2006, 07:31 PM
Thats the thought! Maybe she will go with you.

bogie
07-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Thats the thought! Maybe she will go with you.

There is nothing I would like better!

Bwana
07-18-2006, 08:15 PM
Good for you, good times isn't it. If you took any pictures, please feel free to post them here.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112902

Always a Chief fan
07-18-2006, 08:32 PM
I will as soon as we get them developed. The little feller sure was proud of his fish, but not as proud as Grandpa is of him.