PDA

View Full Version : New England is offering Ty Law somewhere around 7 million

Mr. Flopnuts
07-19-2006, 12:09 AM
To me that does it. We're offering around 7.5 million. I had no idea NE was putting up that kind of scratch. It's a shame, but I personally don't see Ty choosing the Chiefs over his old team, old coach, and 3 super bowl rings they've won with that kind of difference in money.

blueballs
07-19-2006, 12:13 AM
good

SLAG
07-19-2006, 12:20 AM
I had heard that Ty Law and Bellichick had a war of words before he left

greg63
07-19-2006, 12:22 AM
Gee I wish there were more Ty Law threads.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-19-2006, 12:26 AM
Gee I wish there were more Ty Law threads.

Sorry, I thought this one was relevant.

greg63
07-19-2006, 12:29 AM
Sorry, I thought this one was relevant.

It is dude; there's just been a bizillion threads about the guy, and no need to apologize.

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-19-2006, 12:33 AM
It is dude; there's just been a bizillion threads about the guy, and no need to apologize.
Maybe King Greg should get his ass in gear and sign him.

greg63
07-19-2006, 12:42 AM
Maybe King Greg should get his ass in gear and sign him.

ROFLROFLROFL

King Greg only wishes he had a fraction of King Carls money.

StcChief
07-19-2006, 05:17 AM
I don't see King Carl stepping up to that, Will see.

Seems like he is committed to resigning contracts and getting draftees signed.

CrazyHorse
07-19-2006, 05:37 AM
To me that does it. We're offering around 7.5 million. I had no idea NE was putting up that kind of scratch. It's a shame, but I personally don't see Ty choosing the Chiefs over his old team, old coach, and 3 super bowl rings they've won with that kind of difference in money.

New England is no closer than the Chiefs for contending for a Superbowl.

Amnorix
07-19-2006, 05:40 AM

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Count Zarth
07-19-2006, 05:41 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

He's right. Especially considering we punked your asses last year. You lost a lot this offseason.

Amnorix
07-19-2006, 05:42 AM

They did, the spring before his last season with the Pats. He made a bunch of demands trying to get a new contract. The ploy failed.

In the meantime, they went out and won a Super Bowl ('04) and have talked on the phone directly since (BB and Law). That's confirmed by both parties.

And both sides have said they have no issues. Both are businessmen. They knew that Law was trying to get the media/fans to put pressure on the Pats to up his extension contract offer. It didn't work. Case closed.

It's fair to say that while BB and Law will never be close friends, they do understand each other, and are able and willing to do business with each other.

Amnorix
07-19-2006, 05:43 AM
He's right. Especially considering we punked your asses last year. You lost a lot this offseason.

Our ground defense was an atrocity until mid-last season. The Chiefs game was the last bad one we had on defense. Bruschi returning and rounding into form was one big key.

Let me point out something, and I hate to run down the Chiefs, but:

Pats -- 3 SBs in last 5 years, best QB and HC in the NFL, and only team in the NFL (currently) to have won a playoff game in each of the last 3 years.

Chiefs -- err, none of the above... Other than the best ground game in the NFL, and a quite good QB, you haven't got much going for you yet.

the Talking Can
07-19-2006, 05:46 AM
that's 7 mill of LJ's money...

Count Zarth
07-19-2006, 05:52 AM
Pats -- 3 SBs in last 5 years, best QB and HC in the NFL, and only team in the NFL (currently) to have won a playoff game in each of the last 3 years.

Chiefs -- err, none of the above... Other than the best ground game in the NFL, and a quite good QB, you haven't got much going for you yet.

That all means shit. You lost a HOF kicker and probably a HOF linebacker this offseason. Dillon is going downhill fast and you're counting on a rookie to replace him.

This is not your father's patriots team. They proved it last year in the playoffs. Right now, the Chiefs are just as good as the Patriots.

tomahawk kid
07-19-2006, 05:57 AM
If we're offering $7.5 mil and the Pats are at $7 mil - I like our chances.

I think Mr Law is going to go to whomever offers him the most $.

cadmonkey
07-19-2006, 05:57 AM

they did, but in an interview one time he took it all back and said it was a misunderstanding. He was basically saying "i have a pretty good feeling that i will be back in new england again and probably should make amends now.

Amnorix
07-19-2006, 06:06 AM
That all means shit. You lost a HOF kicker and probably a HOF linebacker this offseason. Dillon is going downhill fast and you're counting on a rookie to replace him.

This is not your father's patriots team. They proved it last year in the playoffs. Right now, the Chiefs are just as good as the Patriots.

First off, I have tremendous respect for everything AV and Willie did for my team, so don't let anyone think otherwise.

BUT, AV is 34, had a history of back troubles, has missed big kicks (2 in the SB vs. the Panthers, one in playoffs last year), so he's not an infallible God or anything.

Willie I love, but he'll never get into the HOF. Not even close. He's also 34, and got a much bigger payday from the Browns than he really deserved, cuz they needed him, his leadership, skills and attitude, much more than we did/do. Sorry for the Pats, but c'est la vie.

My father's Patriots team sucked.

These ones are led by Brady and Belichick, the greatest combo since Walsh and Montana and Johnson and Aikman.

Don't forget we had a RIDICULOUS number of injuries to overcome last year, and most of them are back now.

Meanwhile, you need to look in the mirror. I'll stop with one statement -- how many NFL HCs have won a SB in their first year with a team?

tomahawk kid
07-19-2006, 06:08 AM
Is it possible that the whole $7 mil offer from the Pats could be smoke from the Postons?

From what I heard over the weekend, NE was somewhat pre-occupied with getting Deion Branch a new deal.

Amnorix
07-19-2006, 06:08 AM
Is it possible that the whole $7 mil offer from the Pats could be smoke from the Postons?

From what I heard over the weekend, NE was somewhat pre-occupied with getting Deion Branch a new deal.

And all the rookie contracts.

Postons blow smoke ALL the time...

ImAWalkingCorpse
07-19-2006, 06:13 AM
I'll stop with one statement -- how many NFL HCs have won a SB in their first year with a team?

I don't know how many but I can tell you the last one was Jon Gruden with my Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

penguinz
07-19-2006, 06:13 AM
that's 7 mill of LJ's money...
moron

Amnorix
07-19-2006, 06:15 AM
I don't know how many but I can tell you the last one was Jon Gruden with my Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Yep, and I'm pretty sure he was the first.

Amnorix
07-19-2006, 06:16 AM
For the record, I even like Herm Edwards. Many Pats fans think he's an idiot, but I don't think so.

And I certainly don't think the Chiefs chances of winning the SB are ZERO or anything.

But honestly -- their chances are BETTER than the Pats? I find that one a bit hard to agree with.

the Talking Can
07-19-2006, 06:16 AM
moron

it's your money?

tomahawk kid
07-19-2006, 06:20 AM
And all the rookie contracts.

Postons blow smoke ALL the time...

That's what I thought.

Basically, Clayton could be dishing BS he's being fed by the Poston's in an effort to drive up the Chiefs offer. I'm not saying that NE isn't genuinely interested, but I'm guessing that they're more concerned with getting a Super Bowl MVP back into the fold.

Another day...another rumor about Law.......

Hog Farmer
07-19-2006, 06:21 AM

Where did you hear that we were offering 7.5 Mill ? If that is true I would think we will be seeing Law in a Chiefs uniform. During the Pat's Dynasty era they were the team to beat. But sorry to say for them that's over with. I would think all things being equal Law would rather play for Herm than Bill.

tomahawk kid
07-19-2006, 06:22 AM
Where did you hear that we were offering 7.5 Mill ? If that is true I would think we will be seeing Law in a Chiefs uniform. During the Pat's Dynasty era they were the team to beat. But sorry to say for them that's over with. I would think all things being equal Law would rather play for Herm than Bill.

Got the $7.5 figure from Mr. Flopnuts initial post....

milkman
07-19-2006, 06:24 AM

Four words for you Mr "Herm Warfare".

Bill Belichik
Herm Edwards

milkman
07-19-2006, 06:25 AM
Four words for you Mr "Herm Warfare".

Bill Belichik
Herm Edwards

Four more.

Carl Peterson
Scott Pioli

booyaf2
07-19-2006, 06:26 AM
didn't barry switzer win a superbowl in his first year as head coach for the cowboys. its pretty early in the morning, so i may be way off.

milkman
07-19-2006, 06:26 AM
Yep, and I'm pretty sure he was the first.

George Seifert.

Count Zarth
07-19-2006, 06:27 AM
But honestly -- their chances are BETTER than the Pats? I find that one a bit hard to agree with.

Oh, I'm not arguing that. I think they're about as good as New England's. I see little difference between the two teams.

milkman
07-19-2006, 06:27 AM
didn't barry switzer win a superbowl in his first year as head coach for the cowboys. its pretty early in the morning, so i may be way off.

He won it in his second year, but not his first.

CrazyHorse
07-19-2006, 06:29 AM
First off, I have tremendous respect for everything AV and Willie did for my team, so don't let anyone think otherwise.

BUT, AV is 34, had a history of back troubles, has missed big kicks (2 in the SB vs. the Panthers, one in playoffs last year), so he's not an infallible God or anything.

Willie I love, but he'll never get into the HOF. Not even close. He's also 34, and got a much bigger payday from the Browns than he really deserved, cuz they needed him, his leadership, skills and attitude, much more than we did/do. Sorry for the Pats, but c'est la vie.

My father's Patriots team sucked.

These ones are led by Brady and Belichick, the greatest combo since Walsh and Montana and Johnson and Aikman.

Don't forget we had a RIDICULOUS number of injuries to overcome last year, and most of them are back now.

Meanwhile, you need to look in the mirror. I'll stop with one statement -- how many NFL HCs have won a SB in their first year with a team?

I wasn't challenging the past. I was speaking of now. At least the most recent example.

As of the last game of last season, the Pats would have to improve to be as good as the Chiefs. What they did 4 years ago means nothing today. What they did 3 years ago means nothing today.

As of the last time the Chiefs and Pats played, the Chiefs were clearly the better team. They didn't just have a good game but were the better team.

the Talking Can
07-19-2006, 06:30 AM
am I crazy or were the Pats in the playoffs last year?

milkman
07-19-2006, 06:36 AM

Yes.

And yes.

But then you already knew that, didn't ya?

Amnorix
07-19-2006, 06:36 AM
George Seifert.

Seifert. Your'e right.

Think Switzer was 2nd year. Not 100% sure, but pretty sure.

Oh well, I'm corrected anyway. It's all downhill from here. :)

the Talking Can
07-19-2006, 06:37 AM
Yes.

And yes.

But then you already knew that, didn't ya?

yeah

I'm just wondering where the bravado is coming from...

Amnorix
07-19-2006, 06:37 AM
Oh, I'm not arguing that. I think they're about as good as New England's. I see little difference between the two teams.

Can't say I agree there either, but maybe I'm just a homer.

Or maybe it's 9+ wins 5 years in a row and being the team of the decade so far. :p

dirk digler
07-19-2006, 06:40 AM

I am not going to go back all the way through to figure this out but Gruden did it with TB. :)

Amnorix
07-19-2006, 06:40 AM
I wasn't challenging the past. I was speaking of now. At least the most recent example.

As of the last game of last season, the Pats would have to improve to be as good as the Chiefs. What they did 4 years ago means nothing today. What they did 3 years ago means nothing today.

As of the last time the Chiefs and Pats played, the Chiefs were clearly the better team. They didn't just have a good game but were the better team.

You did play far better that day. As the Broncos did when they beat us in the playoffs.

Excuses are lame, and I won't make them. Let me say, however, that alot of guys are coming back to this squad this year that didn't play all/most of last year. Guys we expect to contribute.

Agreed that winning in the past doesn't help you win tomorrow. But it does give me more confidence in Brady/Belichick and a host of others that has yet to be earned by Herm Edwards and most of the rest of the coaching staff and players of the current Chiefs.

I wish you guys the best of luck, but right now, I'm not sure it's fair to say that your chances of winning the SB are even with teh Pats.

heck -- the schedule greatly favors the AFC East this year (last year it definitely did not), and the fact that the Jets and Bills are likely to be lame, compared to the AFC west, gives us a leg up on you guys already.

That's not fair, but it is reality.

Amnorix
07-19-2006, 06:41 AM
yeah

I'm just wondering where the bravado is coming from...

Everyone is 0-0, and teams have risen from nowhere to win it all before
(heck, Pats in '01, obviously, are one example).

Why throw in the towel before the season even begins... :)

the Talking Can
07-19-2006, 06:46 AM

at this point in our "no playoffs wins in 35 years plan", I'll believe it when i see it...

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 06:49 AM
I realize this is 'premium member' level content right here, so Im taking it with a grain of salt the size of Tejas.

Anyway, for the sake of entertaining a football topic, Im forced to ask:

Is this 7M/7.5M figure a total contract value, guaranteed money, what?

There's no way that Law wouldnt have signed anything that was guaranteeing 7M in a heartbeat, so what do these numbers mean.

Amnorix
07-19-2006, 06:49 AM
at this point in our "no playoffs wins in 35 years plan", I'll believe it when i see it...

Yeah, can't blame you for that. But if the Red Sox and White Sox can win it all, anybody can (except the Royals). :)

Amnorix
07-19-2006, 06:50 AM
I realize this is 'premium member' level content right here, so Im taking it with a grain of salt the size of Tejas.

There's no way that Law wouldnt have signed anything that was guaranteeing 7M in a heartbeat, so what do these numbers mean.

Nobody knows. If it was one year at 7.5 million, he would probably wait. These one year deals aren't really good for him. He wants a 3-4 year deal.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 06:53 AM
Nobody knows. If it was one year at 7.5 million, he would probably wait. These one year deals aren't really good for him. He wants a 3-4 year deal.

Right...which leads me to believe it's BS.

tomahawk kid
07-19-2006, 06:54 AM
Right...which leads me to believe it's BS.

Whoa. I just agreed with Titus.........

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 06:57 AM
In the 'Ty Law is mightier than 20 Ditkas' thread, someone posted that Clayton stated NE was offering 7M/year. If Peterson signed Law to a contract of that size, he truly would live up to the dumbass title he's been given here.

That's just absurd.

ZepSinger
07-19-2006, 06:59 AM

That's what I was thinking. The general consensus seems to be that the guy will go wherever the most green leads him. I'm pretty sure he and his agent can do the math here...

Z

Donger
07-19-2006, 07:01 AM
Pardon me, but who says that he has been offered either amount?

Hog Farmer
07-19-2006, 07:01 AM
In the 'Ty Law is mightier than 20 Ditkas' thread, someone posted that Clayton stated NE was offering 7M/year. If Peterson signed Law to a contract of that size, he truly would live up to the dumbass title he's been given here.

That's just absurd.

Yeah. Why should we spend the extra dollars just for a chance to be a legitimate contender. That would just be dumb.

morphius
07-19-2006, 07:03 AM

I heard that with incentives last year that is about what he made for a single year.

Not that I have a point, but hey its nearly useless info, and I have that in spades.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 07:06 AM
Yeah. Why should we spend the extra dollars just for a chance to be a legitimate contender. That would just be dumb.

LOL...signing one person does not a team make. Law would improve the DB situation, but that's it so far. If Roaf goes down like he did last year, Law does nothing to help the OL which is the engine that drives the offense.

Dont be silly.

milkman
07-19-2006, 07:11 AM
LOL...signing one person does not a team make. Law would improve the DB situation, but that's it so far. If Roaf goes down like he did last year, Law does nothing to help the OL which is the engine that drives the offense.

Dont be silly.

Damn it Titus.

Stick to speculation and conjecture.

Facts have no place in this forum! :cuss:

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 07:15 AM
Damn it Titus.

Stick to speculation and conjecture.

Facts have no place in this forum! :cuss:

You're right...Ive been away far too long. Mr. Farmer was probably just wanting to add to The Lexicon and for that he should be commended.

Legitimate Contender is not in The Lexicon currently, but we do have 'Agressive Win Now Approach'-- I think the definition is pretty similar:

17. Agressive-win now approach - When any other NFL franchise other than KC signs a veteran FA.

BigRock
07-19-2006, 07:19 AM
The only source I know of who's said that the Chiefs have offered $7.5 million is Athan.

But the $7 million from New England doesn't seem anymore reliable. Maybe I didn't hear enough of it, but it didn't seem like John Clayton said "the Pats have offered $7 million to Ty Law". He was just speculating. He's been saying for a while that he thought Law would go back to New England, so he might have just ballparked a figure that the Pats might offer and that Law might take. But Law's been saying he wants $10 million, so all Clayton's guesswork is meaningless if Law sits and waits until some team loses a CB and is willing to pony up the money he wants. Who says he'll settle for less?

tomahawk kid
07-19-2006, 07:23 AM
The only source I know of who's said that the Chiefs have offered $7.5 million is Athan.

But the $7 million from New England doesn't seem anymore reliable. Maybe I didn't hear enough of it, but it didn't seem like John Clayton said "the Pats have offered $7 million to Ty Law". He was just speculating. He's been saying for a while that he thought Law would go back to New England, so he might have just ballparked a figure that the Pats might offer and that Law might take. But Law's been saying he wants $10 million, so all Clayton's guesswork is meaningless if Law sits and waits until some team loses a CB and is willing to pony up the money he wants. Who says he'll settle for less?

Or he's being fed BS from the Postons.

penguinz
07-19-2006, 07:32 AM
it's your money?
You are a total dumbass by making that statement. LJ's contract is no where near being up. It has at the least this season and next. And LJ has stated on more than one occasion that he can not make demands on a new contract until he has shown that he can perform at a high level for a full 16 games.

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 07:41 AM

Dont be silly.

ROFL

If everybody here suddenly stopped being silly, this place would have no posts...

jspchief
07-19-2006, 07:46 AM
Meanwhile, you need to look in the mirror. I'll stop with one statement -- how many NFL HCs have won a SB in their first year with a team?How many teams have won 4 Superbowls in six years?

I mean, if we want to talk about likelihood based on past trends, I'd say it's unlikely that NE will win another Superbowl for a long time. Of course, I realize that history has little to do with how future teams will fare, so I'm not willing to make such ridiculous claims.

I'll just say that the Chiefs would relish the chance to face the Pats in an AFC Championship game.

Amnorix
07-19-2006, 07:51 AM
How many teams have won 4 Superbowls in six years?

Two, after 2006. :p

I'll just say that the Chiefs would relish the chance to face the Pats in an AFC Championship game.

That woudl be a good game. All in all, howver, I'll take Indy or Pittsburgh, as we own them in the playoffs. :)

But I'd be glad to see you there, that's for sure.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 07:53 AM
...But I'd be glad to see you there, that's for sure.

You and this BB...well, ok, this BB except for a dozen or so members of this BB. Teej, MHM, vailpass, Logical, Laz...et al.

cadmonkey
07-19-2006, 09:07 AM
For the record, I even like Herm Edwards. Many Pats fans think he's an idiot,

Yup, I am one of them. He is the best terrible coach the NFL has ever seen. He's is terrific behind the microphone durring press conferences, really shows you how much he wants to win, but the second his feet hit the game field he becomes one of the worst coaches I can think of.

Hog Farmer
07-19-2006, 09:10 AM

Dont be silly.

I have to be silly, it's the only way I can make it through the day!

And also, are you saying that we should not try to upgrade our defensive roster because if one of our key offensive players were to get injured that they could potentially suck too? Willie Roaf (one player) does not a team make. :hmmm:

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 09:17 AM
And also, are you saying that we should not try to upgrade our defensive roster because if one of our key offensive players were to get injured that they could potentially suck too? Willie Roaf (one player) does not a team make. :hmmm:

Upgrade at the right price...I didnt realize I left that point unclear.

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 09:28 AM
Upgrade at the right price...I didnt realize I left that point unclear.

AT THE RIGHT PRICE. Exactly.

StcChief
07-19-2006, 09:31 AM
Two, after 2006. :p

That woudl be a good game. All in all, howver, I'll take Indy or Pittsburgh, as we own them in the playoffs. :)

But I'd be glad to see you there, that's for sure.

We need either of them at Arrowhead.
:p

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 09:31 AM
AT THE RIGHT PRICE. Exactly.

And just in case I was unclear, 10M or 7M in guaranteed money is NOT the right price.

MeaTy The Pimp
07-19-2006, 09:36 AM

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't John Gruden do that a few years back with the Bucs?

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 09:54 AM
And just in case I was unclear, 10M or 7M in guaranteed money is NOT the right price.

They're gonna have to structure it so that he gets guaranteed money. Because you're right, $7M in one year is not the right price.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 09:57 AM
They're gonna have to structure it so that he gets guaranteed money. Because you're right, $7M in one year is not the right price.

Right...which is why I asked how the 7M was broken down in the OP's post. Even if it's guaranteed 7M in guranteed money, it would have to be over a couple of years and not just one.

milkman
07-19-2006, 09:59 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't John Gruden do that a few years back with the Bucs?

Imagine, if you will, that someone has already made this obsevation, (two people, actually) and that you'd actually read to find that out.

Also, imagine that you had also learned when you read that, that it's "Jon", not "John".

Messier
07-19-2006, 10:00 AM
Yup, I am one of them. He is the best terrible coach the NFL has ever seen. He's is terrific behind the microphone durring press conferences, really shows you how much he wants to win, but the second his feet hit the game field he becomes one of the worst coaches I can think of.

Really? Wow! That's bad. I'd bet the worst coach I could think of wouldn't have taken his team to the playoffs three of four years.

CosmicPal
07-19-2006, 10:02 AM

This statement doesn't hold water very well 'cause MOST teams that change head coaches are doing so 'cause they endured too many losing seasons or the head coach simply never lived up to his expectations.

It is rare to see a winning team with a huge upside in Pro Bowl talent change coaches. If they do, it's because the former head coach retired.

BIG_DADDY
07-19-2006, 10:06 AM
**** the Patriots.

BIG_DADDY
07-19-2006, 10:08 AM

IYO what is the right price?

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 10:12 AM
IYO what is the right price?

Somewhere in the 3-year, $12M range. Give him $5M guaranteed this year and $3M next year.

Mr. Laz
07-19-2006, 10:30 AM
i would be shocked if New England and/or Kc was actually offering 7+ million.

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 10:31 AM
i would be shocked if New England and/or Kc was actually offering 7+ million.

I'd be shocked if anybody were offering him anything at this point in time.

Once camp starts and stuff, then yeah. But right now? I highly doubt numbers are being thrown about by anybody other than the Postons.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 10:38 AM
...I highly doubt numbers are being thrown about by anybody other than the Postons.

Most likely...what we know at this point is Law has dropped his price from 10M to 7M and the Postons are letting everyone know.

KingPriest2
07-19-2006, 10:52 AM
Our ground defense was an atrocity until mid-last season. The Chiefs game was the last bad one we had on defense. Bruschi returning and rounding into form was one big key.

Good points but I would like to correct you on one issue.

I am sorry but Brady is not the best QB in the league. Green is better.

KingPriest2
07-19-2006, 10:57 AM

But you have to admit the Chiefs were in that division they would be the team in the playoffs.

KingPriest2
07-19-2006, 11:00 AM

Very true

milkman
07-19-2006, 11:00 AM

Oh man, Homer lives!

ct
07-19-2006, 11:02 AM
Somewhere in the 3-year, $12M range. Give him $5M guaranteed this year and $3M next year.

I'm good with that, get-r-done Carl!!

ct
07-19-2006, 11:03 AM

Oh man, Homer lives!

:shake:

I'm a regular at the Homer lodge, but dude!!

KingPriest2
07-19-2006, 11:05 AM
Oh man, Homer lives!

No just going off Fact. I am not saying Green is the best. But I am also saying Brady is not the best. Put Green on the Pats and Green would prob be better then Brady.

58-4ever
07-19-2006, 11:16 AM
No just going off Fact. I am not saying Green is the best. But I am also saying Brady is not the best. Put Green on the Pats and Green would prob be better then Brady.

I'm a huge fan of Green, but c'mon. :bong:

jidar
07-19-2006, 11:17 AM

I don't think so. I think Brady is probably the single most important peice on that team. It's not the team making Brady good, it's Brady helping to make the team good.

with QBs to me it's pretty clear:

#1 Brady/Peyton (I change my mind every time I'm asked)
#3 Green

greg63
07-19-2006, 11:26 AM
They did, the spring before his last season with the Pats. He made a bunch of demands trying to get a new contract. The ploy failed.

In the meantime, they went out and won a Super Bowl ('04) and have talked on the phone directly since (BB and Law). That's confirmed by both parties.

And both sides have said they have no issues. Both are businessmen. They knew that Law was trying to get the media/fans to put pressure on the Pats to up his extension contract offer. It didn't work. Case closed.

It's fair to say that while BB and Law will never be close friends, they do understand each other, and are able and willing to do business with each other.

This is all smoke and mirrors; everyone knows that Law will sign with the Chiefs and lead them to a grand Super Bowl victory while the rest of the NFL laments. :p

the Talking Can
07-19-2006, 11:32 AM
You are a total dumbass by making that statement. LJ's contract is no where near being up. It has at the least this season and next. And LJ has stated on more than one occasion that he can not make demands on a new contract until he has shown that he can perform at a high level for a full 16 games.

so, you're saying that spending our limited dollars under the cap on Law would have no effect on our ability to sign someone else...even though there is a cap and we have limited dollars...super...

the Talking Can
07-19-2006, 11:34 AM
But you have to admit the Chiefs were in that division they would be the team in the playoffs.

I also have to admit that in my dreams I bang Jessica Simpson.

Still no playoff victory.

the Talking Can
07-19-2006, 11:35 AM

yeah....

penguinz
07-19-2006, 11:37 AM
so, you're saying that spending our limited dollars under the cap on Law would have no effect on our ability to sign someone else...even though there is a cap and we have limited dollars...super...
Again you prove you are an idiot. I said your statement about taking $ away from LJ was moronic. Now you expand your statement to not be specific to LJ. If you had said this earlier it would have been much more logical.

penguinz
07-19-2006, 11:38 AM
No just going off Fact. I am not saying Green is the best. But I am also saying Brady is not the best. Put Green on the Pats and Green would prob be better then Brady.If you put Brady behind our O-Line he is going to be a much better QB than he is now.

BIG_DADDY
07-19-2006, 11:40 AM
yeah....

Do you ever have anything to add to any subject or do you spend your entire life running that negative energy all the time? Go get laid or something dude. Yea I know that means paying for it but what the hell put in some overtime.

Carlota69
07-19-2006, 11:41 AM
I dont know if anybody brought this up or not (I dont feel like going through 8 pages of replies), but I heard this form a Jets fan and a NY Sports radio guy--

TY Law and Herm are far better friends then we know. PLus Herm takes it easy on Ty. According to this guy, Ty gets Mondays off (after games) and if he doesn't feel like practicing, he doesn't. Basically Ty is teachers pet.

Now like I said, this guy isd a huge Jets fan and did sports radio in NY, so take it for whatever it is worth.

If we come close to NE's offer, or the top offer, I think we will win.

ROYC75
07-19-2006, 11:43 AM
As much as I like Trent Green, he is a better than average QB with an outstanding OL. His #'s the last 5 years wouldn't be the same with an average NFL line.

Brady or Peyton Manning behind our OL and he is clearly better, alot IMHO.

StcChief
07-19-2006, 11:44 AM
I dont know if anybody brought this up or not (I dont feel like going through 8 pages of replies), but I heard this form a Jets fan and a NY Sports radio guy--

TY Law and Herm are far better friends then we know. PLus Herm takes it easy on Ty. According to this guy, Ty gets Mondays off (after games) and if he doesn't feel like practicing, he doesn't. Basically Ty is teachers pet.

Now like I said, this guy isd a huge Jets fan and did sports radio in NY, so take it for whatever it is worth.

If we come close to NE's offer, or the top offer, I think we will win.

I had heard that before, wasn't sure if it's true.

so King Carl just stay close the NE offer.

Lzen
07-19-2006, 11:46 AM

If you're trying to suggest that the Pats were better than the Chiefs last year because they made the playoffs, your argument is stupid. Both teams ended with the same record at 10-6. The only reason the Pats made the playoffs and the Chiefs didn't is because the AFC West was a much tougher division than the AFC East and the Pats got in by winning their division. If anything, one could argue that the Chiefs were better because they won the only matchup between the 2 teams last year.

RedThat
07-19-2006, 11:48 AM
Ty Law to sign with KC soon. Per Eric Krupka

http://www.realfootball365com/nfl/articles/2006/07/ty-law-chiefs190706.html (http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/07/ty-law-chiefs190706.html)

WilliamTheIrish
07-19-2006, 11:48 AM

Okay, we can shut the board down now.

I have officially, "heard it all."

KingPriest2
07-19-2006, 11:54 AM
I also have to admit that in my dreams I bang Jessica Simpson.

Still no playoff victory.

Defense.

Lzen
07-19-2006, 12:07 PM

This has got to be the dumbest statement I've heard in awhile.
:rolleyes:

milkman
07-19-2006, 12:23 PM

http://www.realfootball365com/nfl/articles/2006/07/ty-law-chiefs190706.html (http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/07/ty-law-chiefs190706.html)

Yeah, this guy is really credible, since evryone else reports that Law has been working out in StL with his personal trainer.

pak1983
07-19-2006, 12:30 PM

i love trent green, but your statement is ludicris! tom brady is the absolute best qb in the league and possibly ever. yeah he had a defense to help him win but what about a running game in those first 2 superbowl years? ____________________ o thats right, it was non existent. wide recievers? he made the wide recievers good with his precision passing. the guy is clutch and knows how to win.

WilliamTheIrish
07-19-2006, 12:39 PM
i love trent green, but your statement is ludicris! tom brady is the absolute best qb in the league and possibly ever. yeah he had a defense to help him win but what about a running game in those first 2 superbowl years? ____________________ o thats right, it was non existent. wide recievers? he made the wide recievers good with his precision passing. the guy is clutch and knows how to win.

ludacris?

Is this a new genious in the lexicon?

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 12:40 PM
ludacris?

Is this a new genious the lexicon?

no.

WilliamTheIrish
07-19-2006, 12:43 PM
no.

Okay then.

pak1983
07-19-2006, 12:43 PM
ludacris?

Is this a new genious in the lexicon?

i knew i smelled something..............

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 12:45 PM
Okay then.

LOL...no, it's not in The Lexicon, rather it's ebonics...I think.

WilliamTheIrish
07-19-2006, 12:45 PM
i knew i smelled something..............

TO's jock?

Amnorix
07-19-2006, 12:48 PM

I'm not sure. They came mighty close (missed figgie) from beating a pretty solid Steelers team in '04. He made the playoffs like 2 or 3 years in a row. Injuries wrecked him last year.

I agree he couldn't manage a clock to save his life. Beyond that, I think he gets his players to play hard for him, which is half the battle.

Amnorix
07-19-2006, 12:51 PM
This statement doesn't hold water very well 'cause MOST teams that change head coaches are doing so 'cause they endured too many losing seasons or the head coach simply never lived up to his expectations.

It is rare to see a winning team with a huge upside in Pro Bowl talent change coaches. If they do, it's because the former head coach retired.

Well, right, but that does happen (HC retiring). Parcells went out on top. Walsh/Seifert. Shula left Jimmy Johnson a decent team to work with. I mean, all the very good or great coaches retire sooner or later.

And usually the teams they leave behind don't suck.

Same thing in all sports. Newly incoming head coaches/managers don't usually win it all the first year. Sure, 75% of the time it's becaus e the team changed leaders cuz they sucked the old guy was fired. But alot of times, it's not that at all, and yet the team still doesn't win the prize.

Amnorix
07-19-2006, 12:52 PM

I won't diss Trent Green, who I have repeatedly supported on this forum, and others. He is, among other things, much better than Jake Plummer, to be sure. I put him top 10 easy, and in the realm of top 5.

I put Brady at numero uno, however, so I can't agree with you.

milkman
07-19-2006, 01:01 PM
I won't diss Trent Green, who I have repeatedly supported on this forum, and others. He is, among other things, much better than Jake Plummer, to be sure. I put him top 10 easy, and in the realm of top 5.

I put Brady at numero uno, however, so I can't agree with you.

I'd be disappointed if you did agree with him.

Not because your a Pats fan.
Rather, because you're not an idiot.

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Well, right, but that does happen (HC retiring). Parcells went out on top. Walsh/Seifert. Shula left Jimmy Johnson a decent team to work with. I mean, all the very good or great coaches retire sooner or later.

And usually the teams they leave behind don't suck.

Same thing in all sports. Newly incoming head coaches/managers don't usually win it all the first year. Sure, 75% of the time it's becaus e the team changed leaders cuz they sucked the old guy was fired. But alot of times, it's not that at all, and yet the team still doesn't win the prize.

I just wanna win a playoff game to start with and go from there.

The chances of that happening are actually VERY good for a first year HC taking over a playoff caliber team.

In fact, that last coach to do it was HERM EDWARDS.

Mile High Mania
07-19-2006, 01:07 PM

This is a great post...

KC lost Saunders and gained Herm... is that an upgrade? I hate the Pats just as much as most normal people, but I think you're dreaming a bit. NE has proven they can overcome a lot of adversity and they have a lot of talent returning. KC needs to prove they can win more than 3 games on the road in a season... I think they've won a total of 6 road games the last 2 seasons. I know... I know, the defense has been the issue and all is right in the world now.

It doesn't say a whole lot when KC beats the Patriots at home, then loses to the likes of the Texans and Bills on the road in 2005.

vailpass
07-19-2006, 01:08 PM
You and this BB...well, ok, this BB except for a dozen or so members of this BB. Teej, MHM, vailpass, Logical, Laz...et al.

:hmmm: Vlad and Laz must be awfully happy to see themselves in such illustrious company.
FWIW if it can't be Denver in the title game I would always prefer to see another team from the West representing, unless that team was owned by Skeletor with gold chains..

:homer: This is GOLD I tell you, GOLD!!! (/ Costanza)

tk13
07-19-2006, 01:11 PM
This is a great post...

KC lost Saunders and gained Herm... is that an upgrade? I hate the Pats just as much as most normal people, but I think you're dreaming a bit. NE has proven they can overcome a lot of adversity and they have a lot of talent returning. KC needs to prove they can win more than 3 games on the road in a season... I think they've won a total of 6 road games the last 2 seasons. I know... I know, the defense has been the issue and all is right in the world now.

It doesn't say a whole lot when KC beats the Patriots at home, then loses to the likes of the Texans and Bills on the road in 2005.
We beat the daylights out of the Texans. LJ ran for 200 yards.

milkman
07-19-2006, 01:13 PM
:hmmm: Vlad and Laz must be awfully happy to see themselves in such illustrious company.
FWIW if it can't be Denver in the title game I would always prefer to see another team from the West representing, unless that team was owned by Skeletor with gold chains..

ROFL

Still one of the best nicknames ever!

:homer: This is GOLD I tell you, GOLD!!! (/ Costanza)

I hate it when a Donkey fan is smarter than a Chief fan.
Can we trade him to you?

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 01:15 PM

Ok, so all the BB except 11 or so members...

58-4ever
07-19-2006, 01:15 PM

You beat me to it. That was one of the only games, besides Cincinnati, that never seemed to be in doubt. I don't know what happened in Buffalo. Sans Roaf, our offense completely stalled. And our defense had a good day with the exception of those two bombs.

vailpass
07-19-2006, 01:16 PM
Can we trade him to you?

This is a Chief board and I understand that it is the KC fan's right to use this refuge as a safe-house for homerism just like any other fan BB.

Having said so, this one was just too much to let pass. Green is a fine QB but Brady is well on his way to being one of the greats. ( no offense, KP2)

KingPriest2
07-19-2006, 01:17 PM
ROFL

Still one of the best nicknames ever!

Can we trade him to you?

ROFL

Mile High Mania
07-19-2006, 01:18 PM
I just wanna win a playoff game to start with and go from there.

The chances of that happening are actually VERY good for a first year HC taking over a playoff caliber team.

In fact, that last coach to do it was HERM EDWARDS.

Are you sure about that?

Edwards was a first year head coach for the Jets in 2001. They won 10 games that season ... 1 more than they did in 1999.

The Jets lost their only playoff game to the Raiders in 2001.

The Jets won their first playoff game against the Colts in 2002 under Edwards.

vailpass
Ok, so all the BB except 11 or so members...

ROFL That's gonna' leave a mark!

KingPriest2
This is a Chief board and I understand that it is the KC fan's right to use this refuge as a safe-house for homerism just like any other fan BB.

Having said so, this one was just too much to let pass. Green is a fine QB but Brady is well on his way to being one of the greats. ( no offense, KP2)

He is off to a good start but he still has a long time to go.

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 01:19 PM

This place is only a refuge for Donkey homerism. Get it right.

vailpass
07-19-2006, 01:20 PM

Some would consider 3 SB rings a bit more than a "good start".
They might substitute the term " first ballot HOFer".
Just my opinion.

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Are you sure about that?

Edwards was a first year head coach for the Jets in 2001. They won 10 games that season ... 1 more than they did in 1999.

The Jets lost their only playoff game to the Raiders in 2001.

The Jets won their first playoff game against the Colts in 2002 under Edwards.

Yeah, I got a little overzealous there and mistyped.

Herm is the last coach to take over a team with a winning record yet failed to qualify for the playoffs and take them to the playoffs in his 1st year.

vailpass
07-19-2006, 01:21 PM

Damn you and your lexicon. Damn you to hell. This is just ludicris.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 01:24 PM

This is correct, vailpass, it has long been established that Bronco fans here are to express shock at the fact that a Chiefs fan on a Chiefs BB express any evidence of homerism on Chiefsplanet, a BB for Chiefs fans.

I mean, think about it...

WilliamTheIrish
07-19-2006, 01:24 PM
You beat me to it. That was one of the only games, besides Cincinnati, that never seemed to be in doubt. I don't know what happened in Buffalo. Sans Roaf, our offense completely stalled. And our defense had a good day with the exception of those two bombs.

I'm trying to recall any Lee Evans highlights from the rest of the season. None pop into my head.

Mile High Mania
07-19-2006, 01:25 PM

My bad ... I was looking at the losses over 2 years, the loss to HOU was in 2004.

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 01:27 PM
I'm trying to recall any Lee Evans highlights from the rest of the season. None pop into my head.

He certainly didn't get 48 catches and 7 TD's in the one game against us...

Mile High Mania
07-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I got a little overzealous there and mistyped.

Herm is the last coach to take over a team with a winning record yet failed to qualify for the playoffs and take them to the playoffs in his 1st year.

Heh... one of the more obsure footnotes on any coach's resume. The Jets won 9 games prior to Herm taking over (just 1 over .500)... lots of teams fail to qualify for the playoffs with only 9 wins.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 01:34 PM
My bad ... I was looking at the losses over 2 years, the loss to HOU was in 2004.

...at home.

Mile High Mania
07-19-2006, 01:34 PM
He certainly didn't get 48 catches and 7 TD's in the one game against us...

Correct. That was actually Sharpe's stat line in the first KC/Den game of 2002... well, sorta .. he about 25% of that production in that lone game. :p

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 01:37 PM
Heh... one of the more obsure footnotes on any coach's resume. The Jets won 9 games prior to Herm taking over (just 1 over .500)... lots of teams fail to qualify for the playoffs with only 9 wins.

I posted the stats the other day. Whether or not it's the coach (I'm guessing it's NOT) or the team is arguable, but this particular type of situation is fairly rare and most of the time when it happens, the team makes it to the playoff in the HC's first year.

KCwolf
07-19-2006, 01:47 PM
-- Source Says Law Will Likely Become a Chief --
Wed Jul 19, 2006 --from FFMastermind.com

RealFootball365.com reports a source close to free-agent CB Ty Law has intimated that he is likely to sign with Kansas City. The deal isn't expected to happen for another few weeks, however, since Law would like to continue working out on his own and then join the Chiefs a few weeks into training camp. It's important to note that there has been no confirmation of this from the team or league officials. At the present time, Law has been training and working out in Miami, as he prepares himself for the upcoming season.

Mile High Mania
07-19-2006, 01:51 PM
htismaqe... all KC hatred aside, KC finished strong last year and if they build on that, they're going to be a pain in the ass all year. 10 wins should have put them in the playoffs last year, I fully expect both Denver and KC to go down to the wire for the title and I think both will advance.

milkman
07-19-2006, 01:52 PM
-- Source Says Law Will Likely Become a Chief --
Wed Jul 19, 2006 --from FFMastermind.com

RealFootball365.com reports a source close to free-agent CB Ty Law has intimated that he is likely to sign with Kansas City. The deal isn't expected to happen for another few weeks, however, since Law would like to continue working out on his own and then join the Chiefs a few weeks into training camp. It's important to note that there has been no confirmation of this from the team or league officials. At the present time, Law has been training and working out in Miami, as he prepares himself for the upcoming season.

I'm glad you're at least the third person to post this same report, and the second to do so in this thread, cause we might have missed it otherwise.

ct
07-19-2006, 01:56 PM

Eric Krupka. Oh...my

ct
07-19-2006, 01:58 PM

This is a great post...

It's all about the sources. This one needs to be shot.

And this one too.

Cochise
07-19-2006, 02:04 PM

Seriously, I thought I had read it all here at ChiefsPlanet, but this takes the cake ROFL ROFL

We're just as close as them - except for they have a front office and a coaching staff that knows how to get it done, players who have been there before and proven themselves in the playoffs, overcome all kinds of injuries whereas a few key ones have us with one foot in the grave, a division that puts up only token resistance, etc etc.

beer bacon
07-19-2006, 03:03 PM

What happened in Buffalo was turnovers and just poor performance in the redzone. LJ had 130+ yards at around 5 ypc, but he didn't score any TDs. Green had probably his worst game of the season with three INTs.

When we hold a team to 209 yards and 14 points on the road we should always win. That whole game was just pathetic.

penguinz
07-19-2006, 03:30 PM
Have you ever watched the NFL? If Brady retired right now he would probably go into the HoF.

KingPriest2
07-19-2006, 03:35 PM
Have you ever watched the NFL? If Brady retired right now he would probably go into the HoF.

All I ever here is his career is still short. He still has more years to play.

5 years is not long enough. Look at TD he has 2 rings and he is not going to make it.

CrazyHorse
07-19-2006, 03:40 PM
Seriously, I thought I had read it all here at ChiefsPlanet, but this takes the cake ROFL ROFL

We're just as close as them - except for they have a front office and a coaching staff that knows how to get it done, players who have been there before and proven themselves in the playoffs, overcome all kinds of injuries whereas a few key ones have us with one foot in the grave, a division that puts up only token resistance, etc etc.

Thier front office and coaching staff excellente should not have let us beat thier brains in last time we played. It has me confused.

We were the better team last season.

I doubt the Pats would be as successfull in this division.

the Talking Can
07-19-2006, 03:48 PM
Do you ever have anything to add to any subject or do you spend your entire life running that negative energy all the time? Go get laid or something dude. Yea I know that means paying for it but what the hell put in some overtime.

so I disagree about Green and Brady being interchangeable..and this is evidence of a life spent "running negative energy?"....

this from the guy who spends his time in the DC forum accusing people of things they didn't do?

Big Daddy makes an ass of himself again (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=143233)

grow up....most people on this board are adult enough to seperate the forums...you aren't, not my problem...

BIG_DADDY
07-19-2006, 04:20 PM
so I disagree about Green and Brady being interchangeable..and this is evidence of a life spent "running negative energy?"....

this from the guy who spends his time in the DC forum accusing people of things they didn't do?

Big Daddy makes an ass of himself again (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=143233)

grow up....most people on this board are adult enough to seperate the forums...you aren't, not my problem...

I didn't say I don't get negative, most of us do. The difference is that's all you do.

ChiefFan31
07-19-2006, 04:24 PM
This is an entertaining thread.

I just wanted to post in it.

Marcellus
07-19-2006, 05:30 PM
Thier front office and coaching staff excellente should not have let us beat thier brains in last time we played. It has me confused.

We were the better team last season.

I doubt the Pats would be as successfull in this division.

Lets see what the experts say. :banghead: :banghead: Looks like the Patriots have 3x better chance right now.

NFL
2007 Super Bowl
Event Date: Feb. 4, 2007/ Last updated June 10, 2006
Team Current
Indianapolis Colts 11/2
Seattle Seahawks 11/1
New England Patriots 7/1
Carolina Panthers 8/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 7/1
Dallas Cowboys 7/1
San Diego Chargers 12/1
Denver Broncos 12/1
New York Giants 17/1
Chicago Bears 11/1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 25/1
Cincinnati Bengals 16/1
Washington Redskins 14/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 30/1
Kansas City Chiefs 25/1
Atlanta Falcons 35/1
Philadelphia Eagles 18/1
Miami Dolphins 15/1
Minnesota Vikings 22/1
Green Bay Packers 36/1
Baltimore Ravens 42/1
Cleveland Browns 50/1
St. Louis Rams 30/1
Buffalo Bills 55/1
Oakland Raiders 30/1
Arizona Cardinals 30/1
Detroit Lionss 40/1
Houston Texans 60/1
New Orleans Saints 50/1
San Francisco 49ers 110/1
Tennessee Titans 90/1
New York Jets 75/1

CrazyHorse
07-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Lets see what the experts say. :banghead: :banghead: Looks like the Patriots have 3x better chance right now.

NFL
2007 Super Bowl
Team Current
Indianapolis Colts 11/2
Seattle Seahawks 11/1
New England Patriots 7/1
Carolina Panthers 8/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 7/1
Dallas Cowboys 7/1
San Diego Chargers 12/1
Denver Broncos 12/1
New York Giants 17/1
Chicago Bears 11/1
Cincinnati Bengals 16/1
Washington Redskins 14/1
Kansas City Chiefs 25/1
Atlanta Falcons 35/1
Philadelphia Eagles 18/1
Miami Dolphins 15/1
Minnesota Vikings 22/1
Green Bay Packers 36/1
Baltimore Ravens 42/1
Cleveland Browns 50/1
St. Louis Rams 30/1
Buffalo Bills 55/1
Oakland Raiders 30/1
Arizona Cardinals 30/1
Detroit Lionss 40/1
Houston Texans 60/1
New Orleans Saints 50/1
Tennessee Titans 90/1
New York Jets 75/1

Well, if the experts say so.....

SPchief
07-19-2006, 06:15 PM

NFL
2007 Super Bowl
Team Current
Indianapolis Colts 11/2
Seattle Seahawks 11/1
New England Patriots 7/1
Carolina Panthers 8/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 7/1
Dallas Cowboys 7/1
San Diego Chargers 12/1
Denver Broncos 12/1
New York Giants 17/1
Chicago Bears 11/1
Cincinnati Bengals 16/1
Washington Redskins 14/1
Kansas City Chiefs 25/1
Atlanta Falcons 35/1
Philadelphia Eagles 18/1
Miami Dolphins 15/1
Minnesota Vikings 22/1
Green Bay Packers 36/1
Baltimore Ravens 42/1
Cleveland Browns 50/1
St. Louis Rams 30/1
Buffalo Bills 55/1
Oakland Raiders 30/1
Arizona Cardinals 30/1
Detroit Lionss 40/1
Houston Texans 60/1
New Orleans Saints 50/1
Tennessee Titans 90/1
New York Jets 75/1

Because the experts who lay those odds down ALWAYS predict correctly who is in the Super Bowl.

CrazyHorse
07-19-2006, 08:03 PM
Because the experts who lay those odds down ALWAYS predict correctly who is in the Super Bowl.

According to those odds, there is a 1 in 7 chance that anyone will make it to the Superbowl.

penguinz
07-19-2006, 08:12 PM

5 years is not long enough. Look at TD he has 2 rings and he is not going to make it.
You do realize that they play different positions?

Amnorix
07-19-2006, 08:34 PM

Wow.

Other KP2 quotes:

On Jessica Simpson: "She's not ugly".

On Peyton Manning: "He's had some adversity in Foxboro"

On Jake Plummer: "He hasn't quite lived up to Shanahan's expectations."

Amnorix
07-19-2006, 08:40 PM

He had Elway, Sharpe, Smith and a cast of thousands.

Brady had, err, Antowain Smith...

Halfcan
07-19-2006, 10:30 PM

Wow, I bet you will still be telling the same stats 20 years from now, maybe someone will give a shit by then.

milkman
07-19-2006, 10:46 PM
Wow, I bet you will still be telling the same stats 20 years from now, maybe someone will give a shit by then.

The Halfwit speaks!

KingPriest2
07-20-2006, 01:16 AM
Wow.

Other KP2 quotes:

On Jessica Simpson: "She's not ugly".

On Peyton Manning: "He's had some adversity in Foxboro"

On Jake Plummer: "He hasn't quite lived up to Shanahan's expectations."

WTF?

Logical
07-20-2006, 01:38 AM
New England is no closer than the Chiefs for contending for a Superbowl.ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Logical
07-20-2006, 01:41 AM

This is not your father's patriots team. They proved it last year in the playoffs. Right now, the Chiefs are just as good as the Patriots.ROFLROFLROFL

This thread is an absolute hoot, Gaz should write a review on it. I am sure it would get at least 4 hoots on the Gaz scale.

Logical
07-20-2006, 01:51 AM
ROFL

If everybody here suddenly stopped being silly, this place would have no posts...

No Gaz would still post it would just be a one side conversation.

Rausch
07-20-2006, 02:34 AM
He had Elway, Sharpe, Smith and a cast of thousands.

Brady had, err, Antowain Smith...

And Mike Martz, who's ego played a huge role.

greg63
07-20-2006, 05:26 AM

...And, I thought I was the only silly one. :D

Amnorix
07-20-2006, 07:54 AM

Ah Halfcan....no debate is complete without you.

You're like the enemy within to Chiefs fans. Your efforts here will ensure that I win the debate. :LOL:

Amnorix
07-20-2006, 07:58 AM
And Mike Martz, who's ego played a huge role.

Yes, not that it helped any other team they played that year.

Keep in mind that that game was close to being a blowout. If Willie Mac hadn't held Faulk (a very deserved call, but it was on the other side of the play from where the ball was going), then we would've been up 28-7 or something along those lines.

You'll never see me argue that we were more talented than that Rams team, or that Martz's stupidity didn't play a big role. Heck, I'm glad to admit that that Pats team was one of the least talented teams to ever win the Super Bowl. I look at that roster and every time think "damn, that took a miracle." :)

But it also took Brady pulling the trigger to get 'er done.

KCTitus
07-20-2006, 08:01 AM
...look at that roster and every time think "damn, that took a miracle." :) ...it also took Brady pulling the trigger to get 'er done.

Brady was your miracle. Bledsoe doesnt go down, and NE doesnt go anywhere.

Amnorix
07-20-2006, 08:40 AM
Brady was your miracle. Bledsoe doesnt go down, and NE doesnt go anywhere.

No argument.

The rumor is that Belichick was kinda/sorta getting close to pulling the plug on Bledsoe and oging to Brady. Whether that's true or not, it would've been too late for the '01 season to have been saved.

Count Zarth
07-20-2006, 09:00 AM
Sorry, the Pats and the Chiefs are on the same level right now. If KC gets Law, they will be a better team.

How can anyone think otherwise?

ct
07-20-2006, 10:19 AM
Sorry, the Pats and the Chiefs are on the same level right now. If KC gets Law, they will be a better team.

Because we have a brain. Whether you choose to admit it or not, 3 SBs in the last 5 years, even w/ the last one a couple years back, vs. one, 1st game exit playoff appearance in the last 5 years, is quite significant. You can bang the drum on the aging Corey Dillon and losing McGinest all you want, enter Maroney and Colvin/Gardner, problem solved.

Count Zarth
07-20-2006, 11:39 AM
Because we have a brain. Whether you choose to admit it or not, 3 SBs in the last 5 years, even w/ the last one a couple years back, vs. one, 1st game exit playoff appearance in the last 5 years, is quite significant. You can bang the drum on the aging Corey Dillon and losing McGinest all you want, enter Maroney and Colvin/Gardner, problem solved.

Sorry, but I saw what kind of team the Patriots were last year. Not good enough to beat Kansas City. Right now they are the same team.

HemiEd
07-20-2006, 11:53 AM
Sorry, but I saw what kind of team the Patriots were last year. Not good enough to beat Kansas City. Right now they are the same team.

I think you are actually giving the Patriots too much credit, the Chiefs are better.

StcChief
07-20-2006, 12:32 PM
I think you are actually giving the Patriots too much credit, the Chiefs are better.
Rodney 'cheap shot' Harrison is back on D. lost McGuiness....

I don't think they really are better either. He would help them of course.
Kraft may be easier to part with $$$ than Lamar.

beer bacon
07-20-2006, 01:21 PM

If the Pats had gone 4-12 last season would you still be saying this?

htismaqe
07-20-2006, 01:22 PM
If the Pats had gone 4-12 last season would you still be saying this?

They didn't go 4-12 last season.

Any position that's grounded in such thought is pure idiocy.

To compare the Chiefs to the Pats at this point is LAUGHABLE.

vailpass
07-20-2006, 01:35 PM

Wow. Just wow. Draven single-handedly lowers the Planet football IQ by several points.

Woodrow Call
07-20-2006, 02:07 PM

I'm with you GoChiefs. The Chiefs have a better offense and the defense had very similar numbers to NE in 05. If you are just looking at the upcoming season and not looking back at the last 5 yrs I dont see why anyone would claim that NE is so much better than KC

Garcia Bronco
07-20-2006, 02:12 PM

No you're not...LMAO

Baby Lee
07-20-2006, 02:25 PM
What did the past tell us about the 99 Rams? The 00 Ravens? The 01 Pats? the 02 Bucs?