PDA

View Full Version : College football fever has officially hit me!

Moooo
07-19-2006, 03:39 AM
Okay, so before I go to bed, I thought I'd start a thread on probably the funnest sport to watch (IMO), college football. I know its a long ways away still, but I've got the fever, and I gotta talk about it!

First off, everyone who has a team should list it, if its not in your avatar or something (or you have two or so). Also, if there's any team you can't stand, let it fly, especially if its uncharacteristic (i.e Huskers fan who despises Syracuse, or something).

I don't think this is any special team for my favorite, Tennessee, but I will look forward to the third week in September when they play Florida.

I also am looking forward to watching a WVU game if I can see it. I loved the Sugar Bowl last year, it was IMO a funner game than the Rose Bowl (but the Rose Bowl obviously had higher stakes).

And hopefully, the Auburn Tigers will fall flat on their faces! Maybe taking their FB was like taking out the last block in Jenga or something! :)

Anyway, please post your thoughts on the upcoming year, and tell me what you're looking forward to seeing!

Moooo, who is now in bed

DaKCMan AP
07-19-2006, 06:34 AM
hmmm...not sure which team I like. :D

Uncharacteristically, I strongly dislike Miami, FSU, Tenn, Georgia, LSU, Alabama, Notre Dumb, Tejas, and USC.

This season will be exciting nearly every week considering that we have Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, FSU, South Carolina, LSU and Auburn all on the schedule.

I'm looking forward to Spurrier's return to the Swamp for some payback as well as revenge in the Swamp against 'Bama. Also I plan on making my first trip to Jax for the Largest Cocktail Party in the world (the Fla-Ga game).

For the 2nd consecutive year I'll be out of town during homecoming week and unfortunately, in complete stupidity, the athletic dept. scheduled LSU as our homecoming game. :banghead:

big nasty kcnut
07-19-2006, 06:45 AM
I'm a ksu guy all the way but hoping ku also make some noise this year. I hate mizzou texass miami va tech. Can't wait to see marshall vs. ksu this year i think it will be a good game.

Saulbadguy
07-19-2006, 06:46 AM
Rich Rodgriguez really has WVU playing well. They return alot from last years Sugar Bowl team, too.

Saulbadguy
07-19-2006, 06:47 AM
hmmm...not sure which team I like. :D

Uncharacteristically, I strongly dislike Miami, FSU, Tenn, Georgia, LSU, Alabama, Notre Dumb, Tejas, and USC.

This season will be exciting nearly every week considering that we have Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, FSU, South Carolina, LSU and Auburn all on the schedule.

I'm looking forward to Spurrier's return to the Swamp for some payback as well as revenge in the Swamp against 'Bama. Also I plan on making my first trip to Jax for the Largest Cocktail Party in the world (the Fla-Ga game).

For the 2nd consecutive year I'll be out of town during homecoming week and unfortunately, in complete stupidity, the athletic dept. scheduled LSU as our homecoming game. :banghead:
Ahem...didn't they change the name from "Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party" to something a bit more PC? :)

ImAWalkingCorpse
07-19-2006, 07:04 AM
University of Central Florida here. I despise Florida, Miami, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska and Michigan.

chagrin
07-19-2006, 07:14 AM
http://www.collegeshade.com/images_products/834_big.jpg

DaKCMan AP
07-19-2006, 07:34 AM
University of Central Florida here. I despise Florida, Miami, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska and Michigan.

We get a warmup game against you guys this year in the Swamp. Should be fun :)

DaKCMan AP
07-19-2006, 07:36 AM
Ahem...didn't they change the name from "Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party" to something a bit more PC? :)

hmmm...not sure. But even if they did, it wouldn't stop me from calling it what it is ;)

Baconeater
07-19-2006, 09:31 AM
I hate Notre Dame. I hate their golden dome, I hate their touchdown Jesus, I hate their logo and I especially hate that little leprechaun queer that runs around their sideline. I also hate that the media is already in full Notre Dame salad-tossing mode even though they got their asses kicked in a bowl game they didn't even belong in last year.

Rudy lost the toss
07-19-2006, 09:40 AM
Here are some worthless predictions

Championship Game- Florida Vs. Oklahoma

Dissapointment of the year- Kansas State basketball team

Sleeper of the year- Arkansas

Heisman- AD of course

You will all know ____ by the end of the year- Stephen McGee (homer pick)

As for my favorite team, the aggies, I predict 9 wins (including bowl). They will have a good shot at winning in Austin but Coach Fraud will screw that up.

Saulbadguy
07-19-2006, 09:41 AM
I hate Notre Dame. I hate their golden dome, I hate their touchdown Jesus, I hate their logo and I especially hate that little leprechaun queer that runs around their sideline. I also hate that the media is already in full Notre Dame salad-tossing mode even though they got their asses kicked in a bowl game they didn't even belong in last year.
I hate their fans. I hate NBC. I hate the "Notre Dame rule" in the BCS.

I love the fact they haven't won a bowl game since 1993 (8 straight bowl game losses).

milkman
07-19-2006, 09:41 AM
I don't really follow any team specifically.

I'm fairly pleased though, that I will be able to watch a littel more this year than I have been able to over the last four years.

I might even go out to watch Cal Poly.
They are supposed to be a good team this year, with (I think) four Div 2 preseason All Americans, a couple of whom are supposed to be legitimate NFL prospects.

Saulbadguy
07-19-2006, 09:42 AM

Heisman- AD of course

As for my favorite team, the aggies, I predict 9 wins (including bowl). They will have a good shot at winning in Austin but Coach Fraud will screw that up.
Fran will be gone at the end of the year. The fAggies will suck once again.

Jilly
07-19-2006, 09:42 AM
GO Sooners!!

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 09:43 AM
I hate their fans. I hate NBC. I hate the "Notre Dame rule" in the BCS.

I love the fact they haven't won a bowl game since 1993 (8 straight bowl game losses).

I'm hoping that when their TV pipe dream finally dries up, they are forced to join the Big 10.

It will be fun humbling them the same way we humbled Penn State.

Saulbadguy
07-19-2006, 09:44 AM
I'm hoping that when their TV pipe dream finally dries up, they are forced to join the Big 10.

It will be fun humbling them the same way we humbled Penn State.
I'm not sure it will ever dry up. Plus, they belong in the BE.

Rudy lost the toss
07-19-2006, 09:48 AM
Fran will be gone at the end of the year. The fAggies will suck once again.
always good for a KSU ownage though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrIeQf_8DjU&search=Sirr%20Parker

I have the famous Reggie McNeal vs. K-State .gif too, but it says the file is too big. Oh well I'm sure you remember it well

DaKCMan AP
07-19-2006, 09:48 AM

As much as a Florida homer as I am, I don't predict a Championship game appearance. Not because I don't think our team is good enough to make a run, but because of the strength of the SEC and the garbage that is the BCS. I don't think a single team in the SEC will finish undefeated (especially considering the strength of our schedule). My expectation this year is an SEC Championship. A National Championship appearance would be gravy.

Rudy lost the toss
07-19-2006, 09:51 AM
As much as a Florida homer as I am, I don't predict a Championship game appearance. Not because I don't think our team is good enough to make a run, but because of the strength of the SEC and the garbage that is the BCS. I don't think a single team in the SEC will finish undefeated (especially considering the strength of our schedule). My expectation this year is an SEC Championship. A National Championship appearance would be gravy.
meh... I'm a fan of Urban Meyer. His team improved a lot in his second year at Utah.

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 09:53 AM
I'm not sure it will ever dry up. Plus, they belong in the BE.

Yeah, the belong in the BE. But boy would it be fun to have them in the 10. :)

On a serious note, there's tons of rumors around here that Iowa State is working with the B10...

milkman
07-19-2006, 09:55 AM

On a serious note, there's tons of rumors around here that Iowa State is working with the B10...

If Notre Dame joined the Big 10, wouldn't then be the Big 10+2 then

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 09:55 AM
Ohio State is my team...dunno why I picked them, but I started getting into them back in the late 80's early 90's while I was at college--Rockhurst didnt/doesnt have a football team.

Shortly after I started following them, I began developing a white hot hatred for Nebraska. I really hadnt any reason to dislike the team and really dont to this day, but it was their fuggin obnoxious fans. What clinched it for me was the whole Lawrence Phillips nonsense and the fact that they never played any team in the top 25 unless they were forced to via conference schedule. Riding a cupcake schedule has always been a peeve of mine.

Shortly after I left KC for VA, I soon developed a second white hot hatred for VA Tech. Just prior to the phenom that was Michael Vick I met an astonishing retarded fan who was also a Yankees fan--total douchebag obnoxious and that's all it really took. Since then, Ive noticed that Tech, like Nebraska, plays cupcakes and 8-9 home games to 4 road games every year and will not play a team in the top 25 unless forced to via conference schedule.

DJJasonp
07-19-2006, 09:58 AM
If college football would get rid of the stupid "down" rule (where if you fall down and your knee touches without being touched by the opponent - you're down - play dead)....I would probably become a bigger college FB fan.

Saulbadguy
07-19-2006, 09:59 AM

I wouldn't mind that.

Ames in November is ****ing brutal.

htismaqe

Yep.

They want to get to 12 teams so they can have a championship game. It's the one area where other conferences are ahead of the game. The Big 10 doesn't like to lag behind...

Saulbadguy
If college football would get rid of the stupid "down" rule (where if you fall down and your knee touches without being touched by the opponent - you're down - play dead)....I would probably become a bigger college FB fan.
Yeah, sure.

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 10:00 AM
I wouldn't mind that.

Ames in November is ****ing brutal.

I wouldn't mind it either.

1) We could play them at the end of the year instead of the beginning.

2) It could be treated as a true rivalry game.

Saulbadguy
07-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Could the rumors have anything to do with ISU "joining the arms race"? They are going to be throwing alot of money at facilities and such in the near future...

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 10:04 AM
Could the rumors have anything to do with ISU "joining the arms race"? They are going to be throwing alot of money at facilities and such in the near future...

The new AD, Jamie Pollard, is a $$$ guy.

Basically it boils down to :

Big 10 TV contract $$$ per school >>> Big 12 TV contract $$$ per school

milkman
07-19-2006, 10:06 AM

I agree.

I also would like them adopt the two feet inbounds rule also.

It's minor I know, but having to only have one foot inbounds just takes something away from the game.

Moooo
07-19-2006, 10:06 AM

Same as basketball... I never got this.

Change your name! Oh, and the Big 12 is already taken!

Moooo

Saulbadguy
07-19-2006, 10:07 AM
The new AD, Jamie Pollard, is a $$$ guy.

Basically it boils down to :

Big 10 TV contract $$$ per school >>> Big 12 TV contract $$$ per school
The Big XII...promoting and accepting mediocrity since 1996. It sucks.

Woodrow Call
07-19-2006, 10:08 AM
MU is my favorite team and I am excited about the team this year. I think Daniel will be a much better passer than Brad Smith and he has played in this system since high school. Most of the starters are back and the depth is solid. It is a make or break year for Pinkel so it should be interesting. I have heard Butch Davis is on the short list to replace him if a change is made.

Other than MU my favorite teams are Rutgers, Northwestern, and Miami.

Baconeater
Ohio State is my team...dunno why I picked them, but I started getting into them back in the late 80's early 90's while I was at college--Rockhurst didnt/doesnt have a football team.

Shortly after I started following them, I began developing a white hot hatred for Nebraska. I really hadnt any reason to dislike the team and really dont to this day, but it was their fuggin obnoxious fans. What clinched it for me was the whole Lawrence Phillips nonsense and the fact that they never played any team in the top 25 unless they were forced to via conference schedule. Riding a cupcake schedule has always been a peeve of mine.

Shortly after I left KC for VA, I soon developed a second white hot hatred for VA Tech. Just prior to the phenom that was Michael Vick I met an astonishing retarded fan who was also a Yankees fan--total douchebag obnoxious and that's all it really took. Since then, Ive noticed that Tech, like Nebraska, plays cupcakes and 8-9 home games to 4 road games every year and will not play a team in the top 25 unless forced to via conference schedule.
Like Nebraska is the only team that has done that, and that's changing anyway. They're playing USC this year and next.

htismaqe
Same as basketball... I never got this.

Change your name! Oh, and the Big 12 is already taken!

Moooo

They've had 11 teams in the conference since Penn State joined.

There's no reason to change the name.

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 10:10 AM
The Big XII...promoting and accepting mediocrity since 1996. It sucks.

Welfare for Texas. Gotta love it.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 10:14 AM
Like Nebraska is the only team that has done that, and that's changing anyway. They're playing USC this year and next.

The way the $$$ is set up causes the problem. Out of conference schedules typically suck big time and are a bunch of patsies and many of the big schools do abuse it.

Tech even played USC in 2004 -- the first game of the college season that year and lost. Tech fans were blaming that loss for why they were out of the national champ race that year. Whaaaa...

alanm
07-19-2006, 10:18 AM

Wow Texas and USC are cupcakes already? :thumb:

Saulbadguy
07-19-2006, 10:19 AM
Might as well be...K-State played USC in 01 and 02 and were considered cupcakes.

Moooo
07-19-2006, 10:20 AM
They've had 11 teams in the conference since Penn State joined.

There's no reason to change the name.

Maybe, but just realize some people think its lame...

That is all.

Moooo

Garcia Bronco
07-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Virginia Tech Hokie..Class of 98

Saulbadguy
07-19-2006, 10:21 AM
Maybe, but just realize some people think its lame...

That is all.

Moooo
All people think it is pretty lame, outside of the Big Televen fans.

RickObie
07-19-2006, 10:22 AM
Love San Diego State---Hate BYU!!

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 10:22 AM

When did Texas leave the Big 12 conference? Wow, I never knew how easy it was to give NU fans a set of sore labia. I understand being defensive about it, since it's so obvious.

edit: I would give you USC, however, they've lost their QB and top 2 RB's, so I downgrade them to question mark at this point.

Moooo
07-19-2006, 10:24 AM
Never underestimate a cupcake (Baylor comes to mind).

You still have to play the game.

Moooo

Saulbadguy
07-19-2006, 10:26 AM
Wow, I never knew how easy it was to give NU fans a set of sore labia. I understand being defensive about it, since it's so obvious.
Surprisingly easy. Just mention any of the following things...

- 2001 NC game
- How they shouldn't have fired Frank Solich
- How shitty of a coach Bill Callahan is
- Brook Berringer
- Creighton basketball
- Nicholls State

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 10:28 AM
Never underestimate a cupcake (Baylor comes to mind).

You still have to play the game.

Moooo

My personal fave...Temple v. VA Tech...hey Garcia, remember that one? That was what 98?

Garcia Bronco
07-19-2006, 10:32 AM
My personal fave...Temple v. VA Tech...hey Garcia, remember that one? That was what 98?

That was a terrible day

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 10:34 AM
That was a terrible day

Sorry, man... :D

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 10:37 AM
All people think it is pretty lame, outside of the Big Televen fans.

I'm glad the conference isn't as worried about stupid shit as some fans. They're too busy telling the rest of the country how to implement instant replay and establishing their own TV network...

alanm
07-19-2006, 10:42 AM
When did Texas leave the Big 12 conference? Wow, I never knew how easy it was to give NU fans a set of sore labia. I understand being defensive about it, since it's so obvious.

edit: I would give you USC, however, they've lost their QB and top 2 RB's, so I downgrade them to question mark at this point.
They have VA Tech coming up and UCLA soon. Their trying to get Ohio St on the schedule. Penn ST. is being lined up. Even Notre Dame again. If you want to bag on someones weak schedule look no farther than KSU and Missouri. Although I hear KSU has a couple of middle school teams this year. ROFL
j/k

Saulbadguy
07-19-2006, 10:44 AM
They have VA Tech coming up and UCLA soon. Their trying to get Ohio St on the schedule. Penn ST. is being lined up. Even Notre Dame again. If you want to bag on someones weak schedule look no farther than KSU and Missouri. Although I hear KSU has a couple of middle school teams this year. ROFL
j/k
"trying"
"being lined up"

Gotta love it.

K-State has already inked deals with Louisville, UCLA, and Miami.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 10:47 AM
j/k

That's great...I think that's probably because those teams are looking to schedule a patsy.

Prince22
07-19-2006, 10:47 AM
I'm obviously a UK fan. The hardest thing in the world is being a UK football fan. But I've got a good feeling about this year. We finally got a somewhat easy home schedule. I'm predicting a 6 win season and a bowl game.

Teams I hate: Tennessee, Florida, Ohio State

Moooo
07-19-2006, 10:48 AM
I'm glad the conference isn't as worried about stupid shit as some fans. They're too busy telling the rest of the country how to implement instant replay and establishing their own TV network...

Just because they lead the league in marketing doesn't make them smart, or the best conference. Anyone could tell you they'll be able to support their own network moreso than the SEC.

I don't have anything against the Big 10, but I don't think they're the "Obviously best" league in the land.

Moooo

alanm
07-19-2006, 10:51 AM
"trying"
"being lined up"

Gotta love it.

K-State has already inked deals with Louisville, UCLA, and Miami.
Nebraska has already inked deals with VA Tech, Tennessee and UCLA. What are you trying to say Saul? :hmmm:

Saulbadguy
07-19-2006, 10:53 AM
Nebraska has already inked deals with VA Tech, Tennessee and UCLA. What are you trying to say Saul? :hmmm:
Tennessee in 10 years. Whoop-dee-shit. Throatslash will be gone by then.

DaKCMan AP
07-19-2006, 10:57 AM
I'm obviously a UK fan. The hardest thing in the world is being a UK football fan. But I've got a good feeling about this year. We finally got a somewhat easy home schedule. I'm predicting a 6 win season and a bowl game.

Teams I hate: Tennessee, Florida, Ohio State

You guys are on our hate list for bball. For football, however, you're on our "aww..aren't they cute" list along with Vandy and Miss. State.

htismaqe
Just because they lead the league in marketing doesn't make them smart, or the best conference. Anyone could tell you they'll be able to support their own network moreso than the SEC.

I don't have anything against the Big 10, but I don't think they're the "Obviously best" league in the land.

Moooo

Hey, if you're gonna bust on the conference for THEIR NAME, expect to get called out for the lame-ass smack that it is.

alanm
Tennessee in 10 years. Whoop-dee-shit. Throatslash will be gone by then.
And Snyder is already gone. What are you trying to say Saul?

And thus it begins. :)

Saulbadguy
07-19-2006, 10:58 AM
And Snyder is already gone. What are you trying to say Saul?

Snyder didn't schedule those games.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 11:00 AM

Ahhh yes...the rivalry juices starting to flow...love it.

alanm
07-19-2006, 11:01 AM
And when Freeman lays unconscious on the turf at Memorial Stadium I hope Callahan comes out and stands over him and gives the throat slash gesture again. ROFL

Saulbadguy
07-19-2006, 11:04 AM
And when Freeman lays unconscious on the turf at Memorial Stadium I hope Callahan comes out and stands over him and gives the throat slash gesture again. ROFL
Let's see what happens this year. You guys haven't won in Manhattan since Osborne.

WilliamTheIrish
07-19-2006, 11:07 AM

He's going to be unconcious from running wild through that shit defense.

alanm
07-19-2006, 11:12 AM
He's going to be unconcious from running wild through that shit defense.
Sig bets on the KSU game yet? Or is it too early?
I seriously doubt Freeman hits the field this year. :shake:

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 11:13 AM
Oh yeah, this is getting good.

Saulbadguy
07-19-2006, 11:14 AM
:shake:

Lame.

alanm
07-19-2006, 11:14 AM
Let's see what happens this year. You guys haven't won in Manhattan since Osborne.
Don't worry Saul that streak is over this year. Sig bet?

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 11:15 AM
:shake:

Lame.

Nebraska fans just don't do it for ya, huh? Or are you still all wrapped up in bball recruiting yet?

Saulbadguy
07-19-2006, 11:15 AM
Don't worry Saul that streak is over this year. Sig bet?
Sure. :rolleyes:

alanm
07-19-2006, 11:16 AM
And that goes for those weak ass Hawk(fish) eyes who keep ducking the Huskers when we approach them about home and home games. ROFL

Saulbadguy
07-19-2006, 11:17 AM
Nebraska fans just don't do it for ya, huh? Or are you still all wrapped up in bball recruiting yet?
This particular one does not. Basketball recruiting is kind of dead right now.

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 11:18 AM
And that goes for those weak ass Hawk(fish) eyes who keep ducking the Huskers when we approach them about home and home games. ROFL

We haven't ducked shit.

Saulbadguy
07-19-2006, 11:18 AM
Hawk fish? What. The. ****.

I wouldn't talk shit on the Hawkeyes. They may be tender hearted folk, but they have done better than NU for a few years.

WilliamTheIrish
07-19-2006, 11:21 AM
Sig bets on the KSU game yet? Or is it too early?
I seriously doubt Freeman hits the field this year. :shake:

And when Freeman lays unconscious on the turf at Memorial Stadium I hope Callahan comes out and stands over him and gives the throat slash gesture again.

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 11:21 AM

I wouldn't talk shit on the Hawkeyes. They may be tender hearted folk, but they have done better than NU for a few years.

"tender hearted folk"

God damn you make me laugh. ROFL

alanm
07-19-2006, 11:22 AM

Just giving htis shit. :)

Saulbadguy
07-19-2006, 11:23 AM
What are the prognosticators saying about the Hawkeyes this year?

DaKCMan AP
07-19-2006, 11:26 AM

I'll talk isht about 'em.

Frosty
07-19-2006, 11:33 AM
If you have sigs on, you know who I cheer for. We got our National Championship in baseball, now it's time to at least make a bowl game this year.

Team I hate - Oregon Ducks
Teams I dislike for various reasons - Notre Dame, Miami, Nebraska, Michigan

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 11:34 AM
What are the prognosticators saying about the Hawkeyes this year?

Nationally? Talking about a "down" year, ranked somewhere in the 17-20 range.

Personally, I love it, and I think the team does too. They struggled a bit last year with 2 freshmen and 2 sophomores on the D-line. They're all back and they're all BIGGER (gotta love Chris Doyle). Of course, you have Drew Tate and probably the best RB in the B10 in Albert Young. Chandler at TE is a great safety net and they're gonna need him because they're thin at WR.

All in all, with the schedule they have, I could realistically see 10-2. And if the chips fall right, who knows...

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 11:35 AM
I'll talk isht about 'em.

Go ahead. You got a gift and you know it. :D

Saulbadguy
07-19-2006, 11:35 AM
If you have sigs on, you know who I cheer for. We got our National Championship in baseball, now it's time to at least make a bowl game this year.

Team I hate - Oregon Ducks
Teams I dislike for various reasons - Notre Dame, Miami, Nebraska, Michigan
I remember a couple years back when U$C played in Corvallis, and you couldn't see what the hell was going on because of the immense fog on the field.

DaKCMan AP
07-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Go ahead. You got a gift and you know it. :D

Now you're sounding like a Mavs fan :p

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Now you're sounding like a Mavs fan :p

I only bitch about refs when it's ABSOLUTELY WARRANTED. :D

Of course, Ultra Peanut told me I'd be thoroughly disappointed with those C-USA refs...

DaKCMan AP
07-19-2006, 11:58 AM
I only bitch about refs when it's ABSOLUTELY WARRANTED. :D

Of course, Ultra Peanut told me I'd be thoroughly disappointed with those C-USA refs...

Actually, during the game I was driving from Gainesville up to North Carolina with some friends for a ski trip. We were listening to the game in the car and lost the feed when the score was 24-7. It wasn't until late that night when we saw the espn highlights in the lodge that we found out what happened the rest of the game. :D

Frosty
07-19-2006, 12:05 PM
I remember a couple years back when U$C played in Corvallis, and you couldn't see what the hell was going on because of the immense fog on the field.

Yeah, that was the game where we really missed Steven Jackson. If we had any running game at all that year, we probably win. Our defense just wore out.

SCTrojan
07-19-2006, 12:44 PM
Naturally, I'm a USC fan.

I despise both Notre Dame and UCLA.

Munson
07-19-2006, 01:07 PM
Another USC fan here. I don't think they'll be in the national championship, but I still think they'll have a good year. They'll have 2 losses at the most. They have to break in a new QB, RB, and 3 starters on the OL. The defense should be better than last year.

I hate Notre Dame the most, followed by(in no particular order) Nebraska, Miami, and Texas. The Trojans happen to play Nebraska and Notre Dame this year, so I'll take extra pleasure in watching them get their asses kicked in LA. I hope Notre Dame chokes their season away. I can't stand those overrated bastards.

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 01:11 PM
Actually, during the game I was driving from Gainesville up to North Carolina with some friends for a ski trip. We were listening to the game in the car and lost the feed when the score was 24-7. It wasn't until late that night when we saw the espn highlights in the lodge that we found out what happened the rest of the game. :D

I'd guess that maybe 1 in 1000 games, does ONE call directly affect the outcome of the game. I mean, it's not like Florida didn't deserve to win - Jackson was a monster in the 2nd half, and our young line just couldn't get any pressure on Leak.

But that offsides on the onside call was one of the worst single calls I've ever seen go against a team...

SCTrojan
07-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Another USC fan here. I don't think they'll be in the national championship, but I still think they'll have a good year. They'll have 2 losses at the most. They have to break in a new QB, RB, and 3 starters on the OL. The defense should be better than last year.

I hate Notre Dame the most, followed by(in no particular order) Nebraska, Miami, and Texas. The Trojans happen to play Nebraska and Notre Dame this year, so I'll take extra pleasure in watching them get their asses kicked in LA. I hope Notre Dame chokes their season away. I can't stand those overrated bastards.

The best thing we have going for us is what would seem like the toughest games are at home - ND, Cal, Nebraska. Although our inexperience gives me pause, especially early on at Arkansas and at Arizona.

I don't have a good sense of how the season will end up, but I think it's realistic to think we'll challenge for the Pac-10 title and, as a result, possibly be in line for a BCS bowl.

Lzen
07-19-2006, 01:29 PM
The best thing we have going for us is what would seem like the toughest games are at home - ND, Cal, Nebraska.

ROFL ROFL

Lzen
07-19-2006, 01:32 PM
I'm a Kansas Jayhawks fan.

NU - I used to really hate Nebraska when they were winning all those championships in the 90s and kicking KU's butts pretty much every year. However, they don't seem to be that 800 pound gorilla these days.

KSU -I don't really have anything against KState, but some of their jackass fans make me really want to see them lose.

WilliamTheIrish
07-19-2006, 01:35 PM
I'm a Kansas Jayhawks fan. I used to really hate Nebraska when they were winning all those championships in the 90s and kicking KU's butts pretty much every year. However, they don't seem to be 800 pound gorilla these days. I don't really have anything against KState, but some of their jackass fans make me really want to see them lose.

pwned.

WilliamTheIrish
07-19-2006, 01:36 PM
Boy, that was quick edit.

Frosty
07-19-2006, 01:37 PM
I don't have a good sense of how the season will end up, but I think it's realistic to think we'll challenge for the Pac-10 title and, as a result, possibly be in line for a BCS bowl.

I would never count USC out, but I think it will probably be between Arizona State and Oregon (as much as it pains me to say that).

SCTrojan
07-19-2006, 01:45 PM
I would never count USC out, but I think it will probably be between Arizona State and Oregon (as much as it pains me to say that).

It'll be an interesting race. We've got both ASU and Oregon at home as well, and a little bit later in the schedule. So that gives us somewhat of an edge in those matchups.

This is much like '03, where we truly didn't know what type of team we'd have. If the defense comes around and the backfield jells, I think we'll be pretty tough.

Frosty
07-19-2006, 02:00 PM
It'll be an interesting race. We've got both ASU and Oregon at home as well, and a little bit later in the schedule. So that gives us somewhat of an edge in those matchups.

This is much like '03, where we truly didn't know what type of team we'd have. If the defense comes around and the backfield jells, I think we'll be pretty tough.

Hah. You have to play us in Corvallis.

I'm hoping for fog (and a running game this time). :)

Moooo
07-19-2006, 02:23 PM
I'm suprised, all we have is a bunch of Big 12 vs. Big 10 talk, one gator fan and a few trojan fans. No one takes any interest in the ACC, or the rest of the SEC?

Moooo

SCTrojan
07-19-2006, 02:26 PM
Hah. You have to play us in Corvallis.

I'm hoping for fog (and a running game this time). :)

That was a great game two years ago - not for OSU fans, but you know what I mean. Dom Byrd's one-handed catch changed the entire tone of that game. Up to then, you guys were dominating.

And it seems like we only play the Oregon State or Oregon up there. This is the first time we play Oregon at home in like four years.

alanm
07-19-2006, 02:27 PM
I'm suprised, all we have is a bunch of Big 12 vs. Big 10 talk, one gator fan and a few trojan fans. No one takes any interest in the ACC, or the rest of the SEC?

Moooo
Overrated. :)

WilliamTheIrish
07-19-2006, 02:28 PM

Moooo

Why worry about the SEC? Or the ACC? The only way most teams in the Big 12 will meet up with them is in a bowl game.

Till then, it's all abouot the locals.

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 02:29 PM

Moooo

The ACC? They wouldn't even have football if they hadn't robbed someone else's conference... :D

Moooo
07-19-2006, 02:29 PM
Why worry about the SEC? Or the ACC? The only way most teams in the Big 12 will meet up with them is in a bowl game.

Till then, it's all abouot the locals.

That would make me a hogs fan... Sorry, no dice.

I'll keep cheering for Tennessee, and enjoy the SEC coming back to win some bowl games (except for Auburn and Georgia, they can go to hell).

Moooo

Saulbadguy
07-19-2006, 02:30 PM

Moooo
The college football contigent on this board is pretty weak. The problem is the Big XII pretty much sucks, so its always an argument over which team sucks less. Hopefully things will change.

I don't anyone cares about the ACC or $EC due to this being a Chiefs board, and the Chiefs being in the middle of Big XII country.

Saulbadguy
07-19-2006, 02:31 PM
Moooo,

stick around for college basketball season. That is when things get very entertaining. And sad.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 02:32 PM
The ACC? They wouldn't even have football if they hadn't robbed someone else's conference... :D

Ohhh...Im pretty sure you'd be burned at the stake if you said that around here. I agree, though, ACC licks dead mule sack for FB until they got Miami, Tech and BC.

Can you imagine a nationally televised game of AP #1 v. AP #4 being pre-empted for a VA Tech/Temple game? Or better yet, Duke v. Wake Forest? Oh yeah, such is life in ACC 'country'...

With ESPN gameplan, it's gotten a little better, fortunately.

Moooo
07-19-2006, 02:34 PM

There were 2 more top 25 finishers in the ACC than in the Big 10, and 1 more than the big 12. They tied with the SEC in having the most, with 5.

Moooo

Jim Jones
07-19-2006, 02:34 PM
College Football - yes!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR ARKANSAS TO CRUSH USC!!!!!!!!!

or at least lose by less than 30...

58-4ever
07-19-2006, 02:35 PM
First of all Mooo, Pro Football is much better. But, on Saturdays I root for Bobby Stoops and the Oklahoma Sooners. 7 national championships and counting. 2006 is our year. Tuck Fexas!

58-4ever
07-19-2006, 02:36 PM
There were 2 more top 25 finishers in the ACC than in the Big 10, and 1 more than the big 12. They tied with the SEC in having the most, with 5.

Moooo

Big Deal. Polls mean nothing. A better indicator is bowl records.

Munson
07-19-2006, 02:39 PM
That was a great game two years ago - not for OSU fans, but you know what I mean. Dom Byrd's one-handed catch changed the entire tone of that game. Up to then, you guys were dominating.

And it seems like we only play the Oregon State or Oregon up there. This is the first time we play Oregon at home in like four years.

I think I remember that game. It was a little foggy, and I remember Reggie Bush had a sick punt return for a touchdown. The defender had him trapped on the right side of the field, right near the sideline. Bush then jukes back and forth, evades that defender, starts running across to the other side of the field, and gets the touchdown.

Anyway, I do think that SC has a very good chance at winning the PAC10. I can't wait for the season to start.

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 02:40 PM

Moooo

How many of those Top 25 ACC teams were ROBBED from other conferences? Exactly. :p

Moooo
07-19-2006, 02:42 PM
Big Deal. Polls mean nothing. A better indicator is bowl records.

Like the 2004 Sugar Bowl? Sorry, that's mean.

My team hasn't gotten much love as of lately, but we handled the Aggies in a good manner, in their own state, mind you...

Moooo

Moooo
07-19-2006, 02:43 PM
How many of those Top 25 ACC teams were ROBBED from other conferences? Exactly. :p

You make it sound like they didn't WANT to join... That was not my impression of what happened at all. I could be wrong, but I thought they signed up for the ACC.

Moooo

DJJasonp
07-19-2006, 02:49 PM
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE FAT MAN!

Mangino for coach of the year - 06/07!!!!

Rock Chalk.

DaKCMan AP
07-19-2006, 02:49 PM
Moooo,

stick around for college basketball season. That is when things get very entertaining. And sad.

SEC is home to the NCAA bball champs too :D

Hell, the SEC even has the NIT champs.

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 02:51 PM
You make it sound like they didn't WANT to join... That was not my impression of what happened at all. I could be wrong, but I thought they signed up for the ACC.

Moooo

ROFL

First of all, it was a joke.

Second, if you think they joined in the interest of improving ACC football, I've got some land for you. It's all about the conference tournament baby.

Moooo
07-19-2006, 02:53 PM
ROFL

First of all, it was a joke.

Second, if you think they joined in the interest of improving ACC football, I've got some land for you. It's all about the conference tournament baby.

Sorry, I'm horrible at picking up text sarcasm...

I thought they did it to improve their ranking possibility, and a guaranteed BCS spot. They should still be respected. And as far as the SEC, if anyone doesn't respect them, they're just dumb... Top to bottom they could be the toughest conference in all the land.

Moooo

DaKCMan AP
07-19-2006, 02:58 PM

Moooo

Top 25?? Psssh....SEC had 5 teams in the top 15!

DaKCMan AP
07-19-2006, 03:00 PM
and that was with Tennesuck having a down year and South Carolina will only improve

Prince22
07-19-2006, 03:01 PM
You guys are on our hate list for bball. For football, however, you're on our "aww..aren't they cute" list along with Vandy and Miss. State.

I'm well aware of that

Moooo
07-19-2006, 03:01 PM
Top 25?? Psssh....SEC had 5 teams in the top 15!

Very true... I honestly believe if someone did the math, it would be impossible for that to be the case and still have one being #1. Toughest schedules by far, IMO.

Also, that's with the Vols falling flat on their faces! Who knows how good the conference is gonna be with them being a top 25 team (which they will be, don't ask why).

Moooo

Baconeater
07-19-2006, 03:05 PM
I'm a Kansas Jayhawks fan.

NU - I used to really hate Nebraska when they were winning all those championships in the 90s and kicking KU's butts pretty much every year. However, they don't seem to be that 800 pound gorilla these days.

KSU -I don't really have anything against KState, but some of their jackass fans make me really want to see them lose.
Ha ha, at least someone is honest about it! I often wonder when I hear people say they hate Nebraska because of their fans or their schedule if that's the real reason.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 03:10 PM
...I often wonder when I hear people say they hate Nebraska because of their fans or their schedule if that's the real reason.

I believe that's implied.

vailpass
07-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Go Hawks!!!

Baconeater
07-19-2006, 03:15 PM
I believe that's implied.
Well, you've all had your payback in the last few years. :)

I just find it a little odd that Nebraska fans often get singled out when sCUm fans are far worse than any others in the Big XII, if not all of college football.

DaKCMan AP
07-19-2006, 03:17 PM
UM fans are pretty bad. The majority of them never went to school there and don't show up for the games.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-19-2006, 03:17 PM
funner = more fun

Saulbadguy
07-19-2006, 03:18 PM

I just find it a little odd that Nebraska fans often get singled out when sCUm fans are far worse than any others in the Big XII, if not all of college football.
What i've found is...

NU fans at Memorial Stadium - great, nice fans.

NU fans who travel to the other games - ****ing obnoxious transplants.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 03:32 PM

It has been enjoyable the last few years, that is true.

FTR, I didnt single out NU, I also noted VA Tech...so you got that going for you.

Sam Hall
07-19-2006, 08:11 PM
What i've found is...

NU fans at Memorial Stadium - great, nice fans.

NU fans who travel to the other games - ****ing obnoxious transplants.

I'm sure it sucks to have your stadium invaded by a Sea of Red. Ask a Notre Dame fan what happened when NU came to South Bend a few years ago. The "Sea of Red" poster looks sweet.

Sam Hall
07-19-2006, 08:16 PM
Right now, I have NU favored by 8 over KSU.

And by that, I mean a comfortable 8 points. I'm tempted to go higher. NU will be in control by late in the 4th quarter. Possibly by two touchdowns.

Rudy lost the toss
01-08-2007, 10:52 PM

Heisman- AD of course

Hey, not bad.

Florida in championship
K-state sure to dissapoint this season (I know Jason Bennett has)
Arkansas went to SEC championship game
AD got hurt....so no heisman...and to be fair I predicted OU before Bomar got kicked off the team...Fiesta bowl isn't so bad
aggies w/ 9 wins...check
Fran gets the Texas win but is clearly still Coach Fraud...
And I'm sure a lot of people know Stephen McGee right now.... but unfortunately they know him for having the worst arm in Div IA football

And I blew it w/ Ohio State. I bought into the "lost too many guys on defense" hype. They were exposed a little too late

Ari Chi3fs
01-08-2007, 10:54 PM

Heisman- AD of course

nice predictions