PDA

View Full Version : Teicher:Negotiations gon for Hali, Chiefs

milkman
07-19-2006, 07:56 AM
The Chiefs agreed to contract terms Tuesday with two of their draft picks. Neither is their top choice, defensive lineman Tamba Hali of Penn State.

Negotiations between the Chiefs and Hali’s agent, Brian Mackler, continue. So far, the sides have shown none of the acrimony that marked many of the Chiefs’ negotiations with recent first-round picks.

The Chiefs have big plans for Hali as a rookie and would like him signed by the time training camp begins July 28 at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls.

“I’m guardedly optimistic we’ll get something done by then,” president/general manager Carl Peterson said.

“We’ve done a number of contracts with Brian Mackler. He has a bit of history that he doesn’t mind going first or early. He doesn’t mind making a decision for his client.”

Both of the Chiefs’ sixth-round draft picks, guard Tre Stallings of Mississippi and wide receiver Jeff Webb of San Diego State, agreed to terms on three-year contracts.

But the Chiefs are not counting on either player this season like they are counting on Hali.

Also unsigned are four other draft picks: safety Bernard Pollard (second round, Purdue), quarterback Brodie Croyle (third round, Alabama), cornerback Marcus Maxey (fifth round, Miami) and safety Jarrad Page (seventh round, UCLA).

Page was also selected in the seventh round of this spring’s major-league baseball draft by the Los Angeles Angels. He hasn’t signed with the Angels, either.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/15068783.htm

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 07:59 AM
Whoo Hoo! the 6th rounders are signed! Start printing those playoff tickets...

StcChief
07-19-2006, 08:00 AM
two signed anyway.....

Hali won't likely be a big deal, but will (with agents advise) wait until folks picked near him sign.

morphius
07-19-2006, 08:03 AM
Carl announced yesterday on the radio about the signing of the 6th round pick. He said a lot of negotiations are going slowly because while the cap went up more then expected, the rookie pool did not and agents don't seem to understand this.

He also mentioned that they were working hard with Hali with their lawyers and the government to get his Mom over to the states.

milkman
07-19-2006, 08:03 AM
Whoo Hoo! the 6th rounders are signed! Start printing those playoff tickets...

Actually, I copied the stry from another forum, and just forgot to remove the bold codes.

I was more interested in the speculation about the Hali negotiations.

The sixth round picks signings is old news.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 08:09 AM
I was more interested in the speculation about the Hali negotiations.

The sixth round picks signings is old news.

Understandable, but sixth rounders have been major pieces to SB puzzles--Terrell Davis, Tom Brady--who knows, maybe Jeff Webb is the next supahstah...

milkman
07-19-2006, 08:13 AM
Understandable, but sixth rounders have been major pieces to SB puzzles--Terrell Davis, Tom Brady--who knows, maybe Jeff Webb is the next supahstah...

I'm not suggesting that signing sixth rounders isn't newsworthy.

But the news of their signing was on here yesterday when I got home from work.

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 08:26 AM
Good news about Hali's mom. Nice to see the team helping one of it's own...

SNR
07-19-2006, 10:23 AM
I wonder if Carl will tell the lawyers to STFD and STFU when it comes to Hali's mom

Ultra Peanut
07-21-2006, 03:39 PM
THIS IS THE WAY THE WORLD ENDS
NOT WITH A BANG BUT WITH A SACK, MOTHER****ER