PDA

View Full Version : Car stereos - how often do you mess around with settings?

Rain Man
07-19-2006, 09:51 AM
How often do you change the balance between speakers (forward/rear, left/right), and/or the bass/treble settings? I set them when I buy the car, and then really never mess with them again unless I'm bored on a long, lonely stretch of highway.

Frosty
07-19-2006, 10:28 AM
Pretty much never, except the fader. We'll put it to the back for the kids if we want to be able to talk in the front.

Saulbadguy
07-19-2006, 10:33 AM
I only mess with them if I want to piss off whoevers car i'm riding in.

Rain Man
07-19-2006, 10:44 AM
I only mess with them if I want to piss off whoevers car i'm riding in.

A coworker of mine once asked me to drive her car someplace, and while I was driving it I reset all of her preset radio stations to the Spanish-language stations. She said later that it took her more than one trip to figure out that something was not right.

listopencil
07-19-2006, 12:08 PM
When I'm driving with my kids in the car and they start to argue I'll change the fade so almost all the volume is in the back and crank it up. That's about it.

StcChief
07-19-2006, 01:35 PM
How about when someone else (my kid) drives it.

morphius
07-19-2006, 01:38 PM
have to occasionally when we are on trips, the kid needs to hear his movie in the back and can't hear it with me listening to music back there as well.

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-19-2006, 02:12 PM
In the van I'm driving now, never, because the damn thing quit working a while back. The stereo in my wife's car is so utterly complicated it's nearly impossible to adjust while you're driving. BTW it also has a remote control, which completely baffles me.

Rain Man
07-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Your car stereo has a remote control? That's...odd.

You know what would be cool, though? If the remote control could extend to other cars. If you pulled up at a light where some nimrod is playing loud hip-hop music, you could change it to Streisand.

Saulbadguy
07-19-2006, 02:19 PM
My car stereo has a remote. It's handy, sometimes. Usually not when i'm driving, though.

Rain Man
07-19-2006, 02:31 PM
Do you use it to get the Barry White CD going while you're busy in the back seat?

Saulbadguy
07-19-2006, 02:31 PM
Do you use it to get the Barry White CD going while you're busy in the back seat?
When i'm riding on the passenger side on a road trip, I can lean back in my chair and operate the CD player at the same time.

Dunit35
07-19-2006, 02:52 PM
Mine has a remote. I adjust mine all the time. Depending on what I'm listening too.

If I'm listening to rap and bumpin, I keep the bass turned up. If I'm with a lady or listening to rock I turn the bass down.

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-19-2006, 02:59 PM
Your car stereo has a remote control? That's...odd.

You know what would be cool, though? If the remote control could extend to other cars. If you pulled up at a light where some nimrod is playing loud hip-hop music, you could change it to Streisand.
Damn. That is a great idea, I'm going to have to start carrying that thing around with me if a lot of stereos have them now. It's for a Sony, which is a fairly common brand. Even if it only worked once out of 50 tries, that one time would be absolutely friggin' hilarious.