PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the 38th floor of the UN Millenium Plaza Hotel in NYC...

Mosbonian
07-19-2006, 11:09 PM
Man the view is pretty.....but damn do I hate New York.

It isn't bad enough that I have to listen to all the slobbering on the Yankmees....but even worse is listening to the Mets act like Carlos Beltran was "homegrown".....

I do believe the cab driver was in cahoots with my wife in trying to help her collect my death benefits.

mmaddog

SPchief
07-19-2006, 11:11 PM
So they are saying that Beltran was homegrown? Wtf

Mosbonian
07-19-2006, 11:16 PM
So they are saying that Beltran was homegrown? Wtf

They said he "blossomed" into a great player once he hit the Big Apple...even worse was them making fun of the old "Dos Carlos" routine..they have Beltran and DelGado....

One other observation......parts of NYC are pretty damn dirty.

mmaddog

Fish
07-19-2006, 11:28 PM
pics?

Rain Man
07-19-2006, 11:55 PM
NYC is way cool.

greg63
07-20-2006, 12:58 AM
Hello back.

StcChief
07-20-2006, 07:05 AM
One Cards fans saying 'The Mets are pond scum'.

Saulbadguy
07-20-2006, 07:15 AM
Howdy.

I have a George Forman G5 grill and it broke. :(

DaKCMan AP
07-20-2006, 07:18 AM
Howdy.

Next time buy the one made by George Foreman. See what happens when you buy cheap knockoffs :shake:

Saulbadguy
07-20-2006, 07:21 AM
Next time buy the one made by George Foreman. See what happens when you buy cheap knockoffs :shake:
Haha. So that was my problem...

Otter
07-20-2006, 07:29 AM
Thatís some suhweeeeeeet accommodations you have going on. Impress the hell out of everyone (assuming itís business) then have a blast in NYC.

Lotís to do and see up there.

Just made my day in the office more miserable. :cuss:

pak1983
07-20-2006, 08:21 AM
i leave for ny aug 2-6 and going to a yankees game and muse concert then doing whatever. going to be awesome!

MOhillbilly
07-20-2006, 08:58 AM
Man the view is pretty.....but damn do I hate New York.

mmaddog

hell or new york city itll be about the same to me.

Otter
07-20-2006, 09:34 AM
hell or new york city itll be about the same to me.

Oh come on MO, we'll get tickets to "My Fair Lady" followed by dinner at the Oyster Bar then talk about how the musical lyrics apply to the loss of innocence in our lives over banana daiquiris.

I'll pick you up at 7.

I could have danced all night!
I could have danced all night!
And still have begged for more.
I could have spread my wings
And done a thousand things I've never done before

Mosbonian
07-20-2006, 10:25 PM
Howdy.

Saul:

Send me an IM when I get back Monday and I can help you if you have a dead unit.

mmaddog

Mosbonian
07-20-2006, 10:30 PM
Thatís some suhweeeeeeet accommodations you have going on. Impress the hell out of everyone (assuming itís business) then have a blast in NYC.

Lotís to do and see up there.

Just made my day in the office more miserable. :cuss:

My room overlooks the UN and the Hudson River....pretty view at night.

Ate at Bond's 54 tonight........great Italian Chop and Steakhouse...had the 12 oz Strip....had to walk back to the hotel to shed the pounds I gained.

Business travel is hell, but there are some nice perks. :)

mmaddog

Smoke
07-20-2006, 10:34 PM
Just go to Flash Dancers....It's across the street from the theater that David Letterman broadcasts from. I had Thanksgiving dinner there 10 years ago and I still wear a smile on my face.

Mosbonian
07-20-2006, 10:43 PM
Just go to Flash Dancers....It's across the street from the theater that David Letterman broadcasts from. I had Thanksgiving dinner there 10 years ago and I still wear a smile on my face.

Tried to score Letterman tix tonight but not lucky enough.....have to stay away from places like Flash Dancers unless I want to be a homeless person when I get back to the wife and kids.

mmaddog

Bowser
07-20-2006, 11:55 PM
Tried to score Letterman tix tonight but not lucky enough.....have to stay away from places like Flash Dancers unless I want to be a homeless person when I get back to the wife and kids.

mmaddog

Is that code for saying you had the best time of your life?

Rausch
07-21-2006, 12:23 AM
Is it too late to suggest you load up on explosives and return to the UN?...

KCWolfman
07-21-2006, 12:50 AM
I'll send a few hundred bucks in supplies.

Mosbonian
07-22-2006, 11:19 AM

LOL....funny that you would ask that.

When I got to the hotel on Wednesday and got out of the taxi, I was approached by a gentleman with a dog. Thinking it odd, I tried to avoid him, but found out that I wouldn't be able to go into my hotel, unless I allowed his bomb-sniffing dog to peruse my luggage. Since the hotel, the UN Millenium Plaza, is situated on the 28th-38th floors of One UN Plaza and the offices below are for UN-related personnel, there is a great deal of security.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had done a security check on me at some time after I had made the reservation.

One highlight for me on this trip was meeting Chris Hansen, the Dateline-NBC reporter who did the expose's on the pedophiles. Met him on the flight from Chicago to New York.

mmaddog

58-4ever
07-22-2006, 11:24 AM
LOL....funny that you would ask that.

When I got to the hotel on Wednesday and got out of the taxi, I was approached by a gentleman with a dog. Thinking it odd, I tried to avoid him, but found out that I wouldn't be able to go into my hotel, unless I allowed his bomb-sniffing dog to peruse my luggage. Since the hotel, the UN Millenium Plaza, is situated on the 28th-38th floors of One UN Plaza and the offices below are for UN-related personnel, there is a great deal of security.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had done a security check on me at some time after I had made the reservation.

One highlight for me on this trip was meeting Chris Hansen, the Dateline-NBC reporter who did the expose's on the pedophiles. Met him on the flight from Chicago to New York.

mmaddog

Did you two discuss the new Dakota Fanning movie?