PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs interested in Lelie

JimNasium
07-20-2006, 08:07 AM
I'm not posting the whole article and I know that this would never happen but at least it's Chiefs news. Link (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2006-07-19-nfl-report_x.htm)

The buzz

The agent for disgruntled Broncos receiver Ashley Lelie says seven teams, including the Eagles, Jaguars, Packers, Chiefs and Chargers, have expressed interest in his client. Peter Schaffer all but ruled out Lelie's return to Denver. Lelie has indicated he will sit out the season rather than play for the Broncos. "Everybody realizes a fresh start would be in everybody's best interest," Schaffer said.

Contributing: USA TODAY's Devin Clancy, Howard Balzer, staff and wire reports

htismaqe
07-20-2006, 08:09 AM
We've been "expressing interest" since like February. We won't be trading for him.

JimNasium
07-20-2006, 08:10 AM
Also from this article'

7. Herman Edwards has mandated the Chiefs focus on consistently making the playoffs. They made the playoffs just once in the last five years. With his Cover 2 scheme, the former Jets coach will help Gunther Cunningham upgrade a weak-link pass defense.

Signing former Jets and Patriots Pro Bowl cornerback Ty Law could help the Chiefs emerge as legitimate Super Bowl contenders.

PastorMikH
07-20-2006, 08:12 AM
The last Disgruntled Donkey worked out pretty well for us. Though I have a hard time seeing him in Red. We aren't going to trade for him and when he hits the open market he will bring more paycheck than Carl will pay.

Lelie has the skills to be a top WR, too bad he lacks the durabilty.

htismaqe
07-20-2006, 08:13 AM
The last Disgruntled Donkey worked out pretty well for us. Though I have a hard time seeing him in Red. We aren't going to trade for him and when he hits the open market he will bring more paycheck than Carl will pay.

Lelie has the skills to be a top WR, too bad he lacks the durabilty.

He's got poor hands and isn't a great route runner. If he hits the open market, we might have a chance.

Otherwise forget about it. He's not worth picks.

morphius
07-20-2006, 08:13 AM
We've been "expressing interest" since like February. We won't be trading for him.
One has to wonder if it is another case of just trying to make life more difficult on the bronco's.

JimNasium
07-20-2006, 08:15 AM
Nothing new....

Faulk, Holmes might be on the move
Posted 7/17/2006 9:50 PM ET
By Skip Wood, USA TODAY
Once two of the better running backs in the NFL, Marshall Faulk of the St. Louis Rams and Priest Holmes of the Kansas City Chiefs are focused as much on their health as they are on football.

And when most NFL teams swing open their doors in less than two weeks in preparation for the 2006 season, Faulk and Holmes neither of whom now starts may be elsewhere.

Both are deciding whether to return. In Faulk's case, this would be his 13th season; for Holmes, it would be his 10th.

Faulk, 33, a seven-time Pro Bowler and likely Hall of Famer, had arthroscopic surgery on both knees in the offseason and hasn't worked out with the Rams since the end of the season. New Rams coach Scott Linehan has been supportive of Faulk's contemplative situation but also says he would prefer a decision before the start of camp.

Holmes, 32, a three-time Pro Bowler, hasn't played since Oct. 30 when he suffered head and neck trauma from a helmet-to-helmet hit. Doctors have told him the consequences could be dire if he suffers a similar injury.

New Chiefs coach Herm Edwards is taking a stance similar to that of Linehan, although he has insisted he believes Holmes eventually will return, if not this season then possibly the next. Holmes' agent, Todd France, also is optimistic.

"We're still in a wait-and-see mode," he says, " But the one thing I would say is when everybody counts Priest Holmes out, he seems to come back better than ever."

Faulk ceded the starting role last season to Steven Jackson but still played 16 games. Holmes played in seven games, all starts, but was supplanted by Larry Johnson.Link (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2006-07-17-faulk-holmes_x.htm)

cmh6476
07-20-2006, 08:17 AM
hey, we've had success with another receiver castoff from the broncos :shrug:

StcChief
07-20-2006, 08:18 AM
One has to wonder if it is another case of just trying to make life more difficult on the bronco's.
the Donxs need this distraction....
Lelie - what to do with him. Trade/Release

QB issue to emerge - Jake or Cutler (Jake will make this happen)
Sauerbren - 4 game suspension.

morphius
07-20-2006, 08:30 AM
the Donxs need this distraction....
Lelie - what to do with him. Trade/Release

QB issue to emerge - Jake or Cutler (Jake will make this happen)
Sauerbren - 4 game suspension.
Exactly, the more disgruntled the team gets, the better. Also, the coach has been around for a loooong time now, and after a while people have a hard time buying into what he is selling. The fact that since Elway left they haven't looked good in a playoff game has to be getting into some of the players minds.

DaKCMan AP
07-20-2006, 08:32 AM
I'm "interested" in Elisha Cuthbert.

Doesn't mean it's going to happen..

ROYC75
07-20-2006, 08:36 AM

At least you have good standards........... Elisha Cuthbert

The Chiefs do not ....... Ashley Lelie

DJJasonp
07-20-2006, 08:36 AM

Me too! I'm hoping she gets released into the open market. But like Carl, I'm not willing to pony up the bucks necessary to sign her.

CoMoChief
07-20-2006, 08:37 AM
I would like to have Lelie, but only for the right price and compensation. I dont think I would trade a first day draft pick for him unless maybe we switched picks in the 3rd round. He's better than Parker and has more physical talent than EK, but hasnt been as productive. He's better than Parker in which I think Parker's better suited for the slot WR anyways.

Kennison, Lelie, Parker, Hall, and Thorpe would REALLY stretch the field.

DaKCMan AP
07-20-2006, 08:53 AM
I would like to have Lelie, but only for the right price and compensation. I dont think I would trade a first day draft pick for him unless maybe we switched picks in the 3rd round. He's better than Parker and has more physical talent than EK, but hasnt been as productive. He's better than Parker in which I think Parker's better suited for the slot WR anyways.

Kennison, Lelie, Parker, Hall, and Thorpe would REALLY stretch the field.

Parker runs better routes and has better hands. He ran a 4.34 40, so he's a burner (although not AS fast as Lelie) too.

Garcia Bronco
07-20-2006, 08:58 AM
Lelie does have good hands....he just doesn't have good route running, good attitude, and desire to go over the middle. He has great speed...and he's a decent blocker. what should tell you the most is he's affraid to compete.

Garcia Bronco
07-20-2006, 09:01 AM
Exactly, the more disgruntled the team gets, the better. Also, the coach has been around for a loooong time now, and after a while people have a hard time buying into what he is selling. The fact that since Elway left they haven't looked good in a playoff game has to be getting into some of the players minds.

LMAO

King_Chief_Fan
07-20-2006, 09:13 AM
hey, we've had success with another receiver castoff from the broncos :shrug:

If you mean Kennison......he was not their castoff. He quit them, maybe for the same reason Lelie wants out. Kennison wanted to play for KC...(well maybe Vermeil)

CupidStunt
07-20-2006, 10:25 AM
If you think Lelie isn't worth picks (which is so much as to imply that you wouldn't give up a 6th and/or 7th rounder for him), you need medical help.

HerculesRockefell
07-20-2006, 10:43 AM
He's got poor hands.

No he doesn't. He had problems his first couple seasons, he has not had any problems the last 2.

HerculesRockefell
07-20-2006, 10:45 AM
I would like to have Lelie, but only for the right price and compensation. I dont think I would trade a first day draft pick for him unless maybe we switched picks in the 3rd round.

The Chiefs and Chargers aren't getting him for anything less than a 1st. He's not going within the division unless there's a massive overpayment, hence Lelie will not be in KC or SD next year.

and both John Clayton and Jeff Legwold (Rky Mtn News beat writer) have said within the past week that Shanahan has not come off his asking price of a 1st or 2nd, or an established starter.

Hydrae
07-20-2006, 10:51 AM
"We're still in a wait-and-see mode," he says, " But the one thing I would say is when everybody counts Priest Holmes out, he seems to come back better than ever."

Ok, maybe I missed it somewhere along the way but this is the first time I have heard talk of Priest sitting out this season and playing next year. :shrug:

CupidStunt
07-20-2006, 10:54 AM
and both John Clayton and Jeff Legwold (Rky Mtn News beat writer) have said within the past week that Shanahan has not come off his asking price of a 1st or 2nd, or an established starter.

John Clayton also said that Ty Law would be a Chief by now and that Lelie would be traded by now.

John Clayton is an idiot.

cmh6476
07-20-2006, 10:55 AM
The Chiefs and Chargers aren't getting him for anything less than a 1st. He's not going within the division unless there's a massive overpayment, hence Lelie will not be in KC or SD next year.

think they'd take william bartee? :shrug:

HerculesRockefell
07-20-2006, 10:56 AM
John Clayton also said that Ty Law would be a Chief by now and that Lelie would be traded by now.

John Clayton is an idiot.

Clayton's 10 days are up either today or tomorrow. He's still got a little bit of time.

cmh6476
07-20-2006, 10:56 AM
Ok, maybe I missed it somewhere along the way but this is the first time I have heard talk of Priest sitting out this season and playing next year. :shrug:
he could be placed on the PUP list. The thing about him coming back sometime, is that it would then kick in his contract extension and there would then be no question of the Chiefs potentially asking for some of his bonus back. Which is why he'll probably try and make a comeback next year if he doesnt get on the field this year.

DaKCMan AP
07-20-2006, 11:25 AM

And that's why Lelie has not been traded. Everyone knows he's not worth a 1st or 2nd and no team is going to pay that price.

StcChief
07-20-2006, 11:29 AM
And that's why Lelie has not been traded. Everyone knows he's not worth a 1st or 2nd and no team is going to pay that price. He was happy to deal to get Walker....

Lelie is turning into another disgruntle that thinks he's worth more than his numbers show. Expecially considering his consistency.

el borracho
07-20-2006, 11:54 AM

[idiot planeteer] Let's give them Priest for Lelie! [idiot planeteer]

rtmike
07-20-2006, 12:10 PM
[idiot planeteer] Let's give them Priest for Lelie! [idiot planeteer]

Or Ryan Sims...

Mile High Mania
07-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Morphius... you're cracking me up. Shanahan has still won more regular season games and earned more playoff trips since Elway left than any other team in the division.

They were in the AFC Title game last year... the beat the Pats in the playoffs last year.

I think the players are still happy with what Shanahan is doing. Sure, Lelie is disgruntled and if they didn't trade for Walker, that could have become a huge distraction for the team regarding the #2 WR spot.

Yes, the punter will miss 4 games... it's a punter, not Bailey or Rod Smith.

Every year some of you pray for the implosion in Denver and it hasn't happened, and it won't happen this year.

morphius
07-20-2006, 12:35 PM
Morphius... you're cracking me up. Shanahan has still won more regular season games and earned more playoff trips since Elway left than any other team in the division.

They were in the AFC Title game last year... the beat the Pats in the playoffs last year.

I think the players are still happy with what Shanahan is doing. Sure, Lelie is disgruntled and if they didn't trade for Walker, that could have become a huge distraction for the team regarding the #2 WR spot.

Yes, the punter will miss 4 games... it's a punter, not Bailey or Rod Smith.

Every year some of you pray for the implosion in Denver and it hasn't happened, and it won't happen this year.

I'm saying that coaches wear out there welcome, just like Marty did here.

They played HORRIBLE in the one playoff game they did win, and then turned around and got their asses handed to them for the 3rd year in a row. Do you really think that doesn't stick in players minds?

I'm not saying it will happen this season, its just setting up for it right now.

HerculesRockefell
07-20-2006, 01:07 PM
And that's why Lelie has not been traded. Everyone knows he's not worth a 1st or 2nd and no team is going to pay that price.

Thanks Captain Obvious

HerculesRockefell
07-20-2006, 01:08 PM
They played HORRIBLE in the one playoff game they did win, and then turned around and got their asses handed to them for the 3rd year in a row. Do you really think that doesn't stick in players minds?

I don't think their talent level has been up to their record the past few years, the only reason they got to where they did is because of the coaching. On the flip side, a huge part of the reason for the lack of talent have been some terrible drafts, which falls on Shanahan.

sedated
07-20-2006, 01:18 PM
the only reason they got to where they did is because of the coaching.

they got to play all their tough games at home, and beat an overrated Patriots team in the playoffs.

vailpass
07-20-2006, 01:26 PM
Shanny is waiting until camp starts to see which team(s) have a WR go down so he has some leverage.
Right now all he has is a WR who has been in the league too long to get all butt hurt when he has to compete for his job.

Ash has decent hands, runs a killer deep route, is afraid to go over the middle, doesn't run crisp short routes, and above all apparently packs it in when the going gets tough. I'm dissapointed.

Garcia Bronco
07-20-2006, 01:26 PM

I'm not saying it will happen this season, its just setting up for it right now.

Marty grew stale and he couldn't win...make no mistake...that's why he left.

Played horrible? The PAts are a tough defense...we played great and our defense won that game for us. We got our asses handed to us for one reason...number 16 in your programs...BFD...we staill had a gerat season and have won 10 plus games for the past 3 seasons...we're pretty good. Always have been and always will be as long as Mike is at the helm

vailpass
07-20-2006, 01:27 PM
If you mean Kennison......he was not their castoff. He quit them, maybe for the same reason Lelie wants out. Kennison wanted to play for KC...(well maybe Vermeil)

Kennison quit on game night then went back to Shanny asking for his job back with some sob story.
Shanny told him to fo guck himself.
At that point Kennison wanted to play for KC or anyone else that would have him.

morphius
07-20-2006, 01:30 PM
I don't think their talent level has been up to their record the past few years, the only reason they got to where they did is because of the coaching. On the flip side, a huge part of the reason for the lack of talent have been some terrible drafts, which falls on Shanahan.
I'm not expecting a complete melt down either, as there is enough talant there that you wouldn't fall completely apart. I think Shanhan had to do a lot last year to make up for Jake, but if people start really playing the bootleg Shanhan knows there is going to be trouble, and, IMO, had to bring in a QB because of it.

morphius
07-20-2006, 01:32 PM

Played horrible? The PAts are a tough defense...we played great and our defense won that game for us. We got our asses handed to us for one reason...number 16 in your programs...BFD...we staill had a gerat season and have won 10 plus games for the past 3 seasons...we're pretty good. Always have been and always will be as long as Mike is at the helm
Just keep telling yourself that. :D

Mile High Mania
07-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Sedated... feel free to drop the schedule argument any time. Aside from 2 games every year, KC and Denver have the same non divisional schedule if I'm not mistaken.

Last year, the non divisional road games for KC were @ Miami (same as Den), @ Bills (same as Den ), @ Texans, @ Dallas (same as Den), @ Giants (same as Den)

Home games for KC - Jets (same as Den), Eagles (same as Den), Skins (same as Den), Patriots (same as Den), Bengals

The non divisional difference:
KC had the Bengals in KC and @ Texans
Den had the Ravens in Den and @ Jags

Quit whining already with the Denver had their tough games at home... so did KC.

Mile High Mania
07-20-2006, 01:37 PM
Garcia... regarding the loss to the Steelers, yes Plummer had a horrible game, but I'm not going to give the defense a pass for their lack of effort. They allowed twice the amount of points they had averaged all year and couldn't stop anything.

Garcia Bronco
07-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Garcia... regarding the loss to the Steelers, yes Plummer had a horrible game, but I'm not going to give the defense a pass for their lack of effort. They allowed twice the amount of points they had averaged all year and couldn't stop anything.

I was at the game sitting next to TJ...and you're right...we couldn't stop anything they did at all

HerculesRockefell
07-20-2006, 01:44 PM
they got to play all their tough games at home, and beat an overrated Patriots team in the playoffs.

Waah waah waah. I've never seen so many people bitch about another team's schedule. Especially when the Broncos and Chiefs play 14 common games each year. You guys had the same home schedule, save one game and that was Denver getting the Ravens and the Chiefs getting the Bengals.

HerculesRockefell
07-20-2006, 01:46 PM
I'm not expecting a complete melt down either, as there is enough talant there that you wouldn't fall completely apart. I think Shanhan had to do a lot last year to make up for Jake, but if people start really playing the bootleg Shanhan knows there is going to be trouble, and, IMO, had to bring in a QB because of it.

True, but at the same time they have absolutely 0 pass rush and that will get you killed in the playoffs regardless of where the overall talent level is at. Unless Lang or Dumervil can get a consistent pass rush from the RDE this season, they're not going to go far in the playoffs. They also suck against 3-4s because Jake can't play from the pocket for an entire game, maybe stretches, but not the entire game.

jspchief
07-20-2006, 01:59 PM

Played horrible? The PAts are a tough defense...we played great and our defense won that game for us. We got our asses handed to us for one reason...number 16 in your programs...BFD...we staill had a gerat season and have won 10 plus games for the past 3 seasons...we're pretty good. Always have been and always will be as long as Mike is at the helmSounds like a Chiefs fan from the 90s.

Garcia Bronco
07-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Sounds like a Chiefs fan from the 90s.

Our offense even with Plummer is much more prolific than Bono/Grbackup/Gannon led offenses....we don't have benett carrying the ball either.

ChiefFan31
07-20-2006, 02:19 PM
There sure are quite a few Donks fans on this site, and in this thread in particular....

How short of a leash is Plummer on this season? and do you see them working in Cutler say...starting at midpoint in the season. I was just curious...

I think I have a pretty good idea of the thought process up there with that one, but you all are going to know more about it than me...

Oh yeah, to keep it related. I do NOT think the Chiefs will trade for Plummer- edit I meant Lelie - , for reasons already covered in this thread.

King_Chief_Fan
07-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Kennison quit on game night then went back to Shanny asking for his job back with some sob story.
Shanny told him to fo guck himself.
At that point Kennison wanted to play for KC or anyone else that would have him.

But doesn't it bother you to see him of all people torch Chump Bailey?

King_Chief_Fan
07-20-2006, 02:22 PM
There sure are quite a few Donks fans on this site, and in this thread in particular....

HowOh yeah, to keep it related. I do NOT think the Chiefs will trade for Plummer, for reasons already covered in this thread.
ROFL

HerculesRockefell
07-20-2006, 02:23 PM
How short of a leash is Plummer on this season? and do you see them working in Cutler say...starting at midpoint in the season. I was just curious...

Injuries aside, the only way I see Cutler getting into a game this year is the last few minutes if the game is out of reach one way or the other. Possibly a start in the final game if they're out of the playoffs or their seed is locked up.

ChiefFan31
07-20-2006, 02:25 PM
Injuries aside, the only way I see Cutler getting into a game this year is the last few minutes if the game is out of reach one way or the other. Possibly a start in the final game if they're out of the playoffs or their seed is locked up.

Yeah, I guess your best bet is with Plummer this year. You just have to hope he doesnt be himself too much and stays within the system MS has setup for him.

DaKCMan AP
07-20-2006, 02:28 PM
Injuries aside, the only way I see Cutler getting into a game this year is the last few minutes if the game is out of reach one way or the other. Possibly a start(s) in the final few games when they're out of the playoffs.

fixed your post

morphius
07-20-2006, 02:34 PM
True, but at the same time they have absolutely 0 pass rush and that will get you killed in the playoffs regardless of where the overall talent level is at. Unless Lang or Dumervil can get a consistent pass rush from the RDE this season, they're not going to go far in the playoffs. They also suck against 3-4s because Jake can't play from the pocket for an entire game, maybe stretches, but not the entire game.
That is how I see Jake as well, and we all know about the pass rush issue, egahd. We have had our coaches talking up Eric Hicks here for years bragging about his QB Pressures. When that QB pressure comes in the way of a pass that is easily tossed for 20+ yards in the air, it's not really "pressure", more of just a freindly reminder for the QB to remember he isn't watching the game on TV and that at some point he may want to throw the ball.

GoodDaySir!
07-20-2006, 02:52 PM

Kinda like Bill Cowher?

Mecca
07-20-2006, 03:02 PM
Parker runs better routes and has better hands. He ran a 4.34 40, so he's a burner (although not AS fast as Lelie) too.

Let's not mention that Lelie is about 5 inches taller.....no offense to people who post here but it's kind of laughable to compare Parker to a guy who has had an actual productive season. All Parker is, is potential, Lelie has started more games in 1 year than Parker has in his career. By the way saying Parker has better hands is kind of funny seeing as I recall him dropping a ton of passes last year......

BIG_DADDY
07-20-2006, 03:06 PM
Interesting.

|Zach|
07-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Parker came on very strong at the middle and end of the last year...the guy made some really clutch catches at big times in the games.

tk13
07-20-2006, 03:11 PM
Sedated... feel free to drop the schedule argument any time. Aside from 2 games every year, KC and Denver have the same non divisional schedule if I'm not mistaken.

Last year, the non divisional road games for KC were @ Miami (same as Den), @ Bills (same as Den ), @ Texans, @ Dallas (same as Den), @ Giants (same as Den)

Home games for KC - Jets (same as Den), Eagles (same as Den), Skins (same as Den), Patriots (same as Den), Bengals

The non divisional difference:
KC had the Bengals in KC and @ Texans
Den had the Ravens in Den and @ Jags

Quit whining already with the Denver had their tough games at home... so did KC.
The big difference was we had 4 sets of back/back road games. You guys had one. That's huge.

That was probably Vermeil's biggest problem. Vermeil was a huge numbers guy, I bet he knew those numbers too. The odds were way in your favor. One of those times where ignorance is bliss. Winning back-to-back road games is very difficult. It only happened a small handful of times last season, and that was mostly when teams played the Lions and Niners back-to-back, something like that. A team that plays back-to-back sets of road games will have a harder time passing up a team that alternatives home/away more often. You can mock that all you want but that's reality. I mean, hopefully the team and coaches don't sit there and think that. That wouldn't be good, you can't have excuses. But as an objective fan I can sit back and say that.

vailpass
07-20-2006, 03:53 PM
But doesn't it bother you to see him of all people torch Chump Bailey?

Champ Bailey is an elite corner in the NFL. Quitterson is a 2 or 3 WR on any other team but KC.
Now what on Earth would bother me about that?
Keep telling yourself Quitterson geats Champ if it gets you through year after year after year after year of watching other people's teams in the playoffs.

jspchief
07-20-2006, 04:10 PM
Our offense even with Plummer is much more prolific than Bono/Grbackup/Gannon led offenses....we don't have benett carrying the ball either.I don't think I'd say your offense was much more prolific. Without looking at the stats, I'm going to guess that Grbac offense was a lot closer to your O than you think.

I'd also say the defenses were probably better.

Overall, the similarities between the mid 90s Chiefs and the mid 00s Broncos are uncanny. Both are teams that are solid every year, but aren't a real contender for the Superbowl.

vailpass
07-20-2006, 04:17 PM
I don't think I'd say your offense was much more prolific. Without looking at the stats, I'm going to guess that Grbac offense was a lot closer to your O than you think.

I'd also say the defenses were probably better.

Overall, the similarities between the mid 90s Chiefs and the mid 00s Broncos are uncanny. Both are teams that are solid every year, but aren't a real contender for the Superbowl.

Good points. The large difference is Denver has a coach who has been to and won multiple SuperBowls whereas the '90s Chiefs had...well...
Marty. Because of Shanny Denver is a much larger SB threat than KC ever was uner Martyocre.

I disagree with your last assesment: Denver is indeed a perennial contender for the SB. Just look at the Vegas lines today if you don't agree.

Malcor
07-20-2006, 04:51 PM
Champ Bailey is an elite corner in the NFL. Quitterson is a 2 or 3 WR on any other team but KC.
Keep telling yourself Quitterson geats Champ if it gets you through year after year after year after year of watching other people's teams in the playoffs.

andoman
07-20-2006, 05:15 PM

I would find it bothersome if my team paid a guy like an elite corner yet a 2 or 3 WR torches said player with relative ease.

jspchief
07-21-2006, 07:36 PM
Denver is indeed a perennial contender for the SB. Just look at the Vegas lines today if you don't agree.Heh.

Vegas lines have nothing to do with who is most likely to win the Superbowl. They are based on who the masses think have a shot. I guess you could argue that the opinion of the masses is an informed opinion, but as far as I'm concerned, they aren't.

What did Vegas say about the '01 Pats or the '99 Rams?

HemiEd
07-21-2006, 07:59 PM

Still a little bitter? This is not up to your normal good Donk standards. You obviously choose to ignore his wifes health situation at the time. He had to deal with a very important and traumatic situation in his life. Football was second on his mind. To continue to call him that name is just wrong.

GoodDaySir!
07-22-2006, 01:12 AM
Ahhh....the old Chiefs vs. Broncos argument. I'll go ahead and end it right here.

I'm 23 years old, and have seen 2 Super Bowls victories in my lifetime. I can die happy.

Any comebacks are welcome to that statement. Go ahead, I'll be amused.

Good Day Sir. I said GOOD DAY!

Dick Bull
07-22-2006, 01:50 AM
Ahhh....the old Chiefs vs. Broncos argument. I'll go ahead and end it right here.

I'm 23 years old, and have seen 2 Super Bowls victories in my lifetime. I can die happy.

You're a frigging retard. I am 31 years old and have seen about 21 victories by various teams. I have also seen about 21 losers.

el borracho
07-22-2006, 03:14 AM

Go ahead then.

HemiEd
07-22-2006, 04:52 AM

Here is a positive thought for you, I was 20 and the Chiefs had been in two SBs. Two of the first four! I hope you are older than I, next time the Donx are in one.

Rausch
07-22-2006, 04:53 AM
This thread is like sprinkling cheese on top of an aborted fetus...

HemiEd
07-22-2006, 04:56 AM

Such a pleasant thought in the morning, just as I dive into my Omelete!

Rausch
07-22-2006, 04:59 AM
Such a pleasant thought in the morning, just as I dive into my Omelete!

EXACTLY the the feel I was going for in this piece...

HemiEd
07-22-2006, 05:02 AM
EXACTLY the the feel I was going for in this piece...

ROFL good morning!

mikey23545
07-22-2006, 07:33 AM

You <i>do</i> have a way with words, my friend...

Rep for you!

Bowser
07-22-2006, 10:08 AM

This is what we call "hitting a nerve".