PDA

View Full Version : How about Robert Ferguson or Rod Gardner?

cmh6476
07-20-2006, 10:54 AM
could we use another washed up receiver? or would it just stall the progress of our youngsters?

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=471223

On a playoff team, Ferguson probably wouldn't be anything more than a No. 4 wide receiver. And there's no guarantee he'll make Green Bay's final roster.

Ferguson was a favorite of former coach Mike Sherman, but the new staff has no ties to him. So unless Ferguson excels in camp, he could be playing elsewhere in 2006.

With Gardner and Ferguson in their sixth seasons, though, neither player has substantial upside remaining. So the loser of the battle to start opposite Driver could very easily be waived.

Fish
07-20-2006, 11:01 AM
We have gotten along fine the last 4 years with our no-name recievers, and we have some very talented young guys to choose from.

No more recievers when we have greater needs... thanks....

CoMoChief
07-20-2006, 11:02 AM
Anyway to create competition is always a good thing.

ChiefsfaninPA
07-20-2006, 11:10 AM
If this was five to seven years ago, maybe I would entertain this as a smart thought. Now, you have to be kidding. Neither of those guys would do any good. They wouldn't even bring in any veteran leadership that we already have so there is NO upside.

ct
07-20-2006, 11:10 AM
You really want to bring in Rod Gardner or Robert Ferguson over giving Cro Thorpe or Jeff Webb a chance? Why?

Thorpe/Webb = Gardner/Ferguson, if in 5 years neither of them has done a thing, but thus far, G/F have proven themselves as unworthy.

Woodrow Call
07-20-2006, 11:11 AM
I'd rather see Thorpe and Webb get a shot.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-20-2006, 11:12 AM
I don't know about these guys, but I just hope Thorpe steps it up this season. He has great potential, just needs a chance. Herm acts like Hall will get more touches from the receiver postition next season, which will help if Green can get him the ball. Lastly, if Parker lowers the drops, I think we have a pretty solid wide receiver core.

(new sig/avatar BTW)

ChiefsfaninPA
07-20-2006, 11:23 AM
Is it possible that we can forget this thread was ever started?

cmh6476
07-20-2006, 11:52 AM
your mom asked a similar question after I knocked her up some years ago. Unfortunately the answer is no :(

hypersensitiveZO6
07-20-2006, 11:54 AM
your mom asked a similar question after I knocked her up some years ago. Unfortunately the answer is no :(

His mom may be correct. Don't underestimate her.

ChiefsfaninPA
07-20-2006, 12:01 PM

So you post a dumbass first grade thread then get upset when I point this out and then reply with a standard second grade "yo momma" response. Oh no what am I to do?

cmh6476
07-20-2006, 12:16 PM
So you post a dumbass first grade thread then get upset when I point this out and then reply with a standard second grade "yo momma" response. Oh no what am I to do?

just wait till next week when i graduate to third grade and start calling you a homo

DJJasonp
07-20-2006, 12:19 PM
I wouldnt mind Gardner....I've always been impressed with his abilities.....good hands...not afraid to go across the middle.

cmh6476
07-20-2006, 12:20 PM
I wouldnt mind Gardner....I've always been impressed with his abilities.....good hands...not afraid to go across the middle.
please stop discussing this thread, tia

DJJasonp
07-20-2006, 12:20 PM

(or was I thinking of Rod Tidwell???)

ChiefsfaninPA
07-20-2006, 12:21 PM
just wait till next week when i graduate to third grade and start calling you a homo

Why wait until next week, it is obviously a topic you know well. Because football isn't one. :)

cmh6476
07-20-2006, 12:32 PM
Why wait until next week, it is obviously a topic you know well. Because football isn't one. :)

look jackass. People are consistently claiming we should take a look at Ashley Lelie. Either of these two could be had cheaper, and I found an article saying both of these guys probably won't make the team in GB, so I threw it out there. Even in the original post I highlighted the pos./ neg.

Not that I'm claiming we do need somebody else, just throwing it out for discussion. Last year people would have been clamoring over either of these guys.

ChiefsfaninPA
07-20-2006, 12:45 PM
Not that I'm claiming we do need somebody else, just throwing it out for discussion. Last year people would have been clamoring over either of these guys.

Well this isn't last year asshole so lets stick to relevant players. Or else you could start numerous threads about old or washed up receivers we could sign. You get zero originality points for naming these receivers, why not try some more exotic names you'll seem more credible.

StcChief
07-20-2006, 12:46 PM
These guys are old vets....Better than Lelie???

I like our chances with our young talent in Parker,Thorpe,Webb, a tall replacement for Bo/Horn would be worth a look....

ChiefsfaninPA
07-20-2006, 01:03 PM
These guys are old vets....Better than Lelie???

I like our chances with our young talent in Parker,Thorpe,Webb, a tall replacement for Bo/Horn would be worth a look....

I don't think that numbnuts who started the thread thought about what he was posting, he was trying to beat everyone to the "we should sign this receiver" post with those two gems. What a moron.

jidar
07-20-2006, 01:26 PM
we already have projects with upside
at this point I think we're only interested in proven #1s

cmh6476
07-20-2006, 01:27 PM
I don't think that numbnuts who started the thread thought about what he was posting, he was trying to beat everyone to the "we should sign this receiver" post with those two gems. What a moron.

not really but thanks for playing

ChiefsfaninPA
07-20-2006, 01:35 PM
not really but thanks for playing

Not a problem, next time make the game a little more challenging, I didn't even break a sweat.

cmh6476
09-11-2006, 10:01 PM
bump

cmh6476
09-15-2006, 12:49 PM

I agree, maybe Herm can turn his career around like Vermeil did with Kennison.

also, I love this thread PBJ

ROFL

L.A. Chieffan
09-15-2006, 12:56 PM
nice call dude, but if you had known this was gonna happen why didn't you wish for torry holt or something

cmh6476
09-15-2006, 01:23 PM
nice call dude, but if you had known this was gonna happen why didn't you wish for torry holt or something
i figured we'd be looking, holt just wasnt on the verge of being cut unfortunately :(

Mecca
09-15-2006, 01:25 PM
The signing is ok.......it doesn't change that the WR position basically needs to be completely overhauled though.

cmh6476
09-15-2006, 02:08 PM
The signing is ok.......it doesn't change that the WR position basically needs to be completely overhauled though.

we're basically only a major FA signing from being strong at the position. If we would have been able to sign Wayne away from the Colts the position would have been a strength for the Chiefs

Mecca
09-15-2006, 02:09 PM
we're basically only a major FA signing from being strong at the position. If we would have been able to sign Wayne away from the Colts the position would have been a strength for the Chiefs

I don't think Kennisons going to be here after this year.....

cmh6476
09-15-2006, 02:15 PM
I don't think Kennisons going to be here after this year.....
his best years have to be behind him.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nfl/freeagentsWR.html

Not a lot out there it appears in terms of free agents, so we might be forced into giving him his money (probably a lil' too late unfortunately)

Mecca
09-15-2006, 02:31 PM
his best years have to be behind him.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nfl/freeagentsWR.html

Not a lot out there it appears in terms of free agents, so we might be forced into giving him his money (probably a lil' too late unfortunately)

Nah.......Calvin Johnson/Dwayne Jarrett......of course we'd have to be really really bad to get Johnson.