PDA

View Full Version : For the dog lovers who like soccer (if any)

jynni
07-20-2006, 12:50 PM
Take your dog to Arrowhead (http://kc.wizards.mlsnet.com/MLS/kcw/fans/2006/dogs_night_out/)

The Kansas City Wizards are hosting an exciting and unique event for dogs and their owners on Saturday, August 12, 2006.

The Wizards take on the Columbus Crew that night. Fans attending the game will be able to purchase a special ticket package that will allow them to bring their dogs inside of Arrowhead Stadium to help cheer the Wizards on to victory!

Before the game, dogs and their owners can participate in "Doggie Street". This will be an area outside of Arrowhead Stadium where there will be vendor booths and fun activities for dogs and their owners to participate in.

The "Poop" on the event includes:
Only $20 for a dual-admission owner/dog club level ticket*
"Doggie Street" before the game with vendors displaying products/services and activities for dogs and their owners
Gift bag for each dog in attendance
Owners will be able to get a free Wizards commemorative photo of their dog
Prizes for the best Wizards themed dog outfit
Gary Lezak of KSHB-TV will be on hand with his dogs (Stormy, Windy & Breezy)
Portion of all ticket and sponsorship proceeds go to benefit The KC Pet Program (benefiting the animals of KC Public Health and Safety)
* Additional tickets for owners or dogs can be purchased for $10.
All owners must fill out an application and waiver beforehand, as well as submit a copy of recent vaccination records of their dogs. Tickets will be mailed out once the applications are processed, or left in the stadium Will Call if received after August 4, 2006. Either way, applicants will be notified of their application's acceptance prior to August 12, 2006.

Registration is limited to the first 150 dogs that successfully apply. To submit an application to bring your dog, print and fill out each of the forms below:
Application Form
Mandatory Waiver
Please print out both the Application Form and the Waiver. Fill out, sign and fax or mail them along with a copy of your dog's recent vaccinations record and your payment (check or credit card) to:

KC Wizards Dog's Night Out
Two Arrowhead Drive
Kansas City, MO 64129

Or fax to: (816) 920-4773

Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. Deadline for all applications is Friday, August 11, 2006. Separate applications must be filled out for each dog attending the game.

Please note that filling out an application does not guarantee a spot at the event. Applications that are accepted will be notified and your game tickets will be mailed to you (or left at the Will Call window on August 12). No walk-up applications will be accepted on the day of the event.

All owners and their dogs will sit in the West Club Level Section of Arrowhead Stadium. All dogs must be leashed at all times and no banned breeds will be admitted. The Wizards also reserve the right to deny admittance to any dangerous breeds at the team's discretion.

For more information, please contact Jacques Tournoy at the Wizards office at 816-920-4740 or send him an e-mail here.

Sounds like fun (if you can tolerate the soccer) and for a good cause.

Rain Man
07-20-2006, 12:51 PM
I was hoping this thread would be about a new dog soccer league, where the dogs are trained to play.

Hmm.

That would actually be a great business idea. Begin an exhibition dog soccer league and barnstorm around the country.

StcChief
07-20-2006, 12:54 PM
There might be head butting dogs and fighting amongst them. You know alpha dog syndrome and all.

sedated
07-20-2006, 12:57 PM
I was hoping this thread would be about a new dog soccer league, where the dogs are trained to play.

Hmm.

That would actually be a great business idea. Begin an exhibition dog soccer league and barnstorm around the country.

I think midgets riding dogs and playing polo would bring some revenue.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-20-2006, 12:59 PM
I will definitely consider taking my bitch to arrowhead.

ferrarispider95
07-20-2006, 01:03 PM
i would take both bitches with me, but I would rather watch paint dry than watch soccer

HarryParatestes
07-20-2006, 01:18 PM
making a dog watch soccer has GOT to be animal cruelty.

Rain Man
07-20-2006, 01:20 PM
There might be head butting dogs and fighting amongst them. You know alpha dog syndrome and all.

You're going to have some of that when you bring elite dog athletes together. It's natural.

Do you think that teams should be breed-specific? Or a mix? If we just let any team get any dog, would we end up with nothing but a greyhound league? And should we have different classes for different types of dogs? It seems like a mastiff vs. dachsund match wouldn't be very fair.

BIG_DADDY
07-20-2006, 01:40 PM
The Wizards also reserve the right to deny admittance to any dangerous breeds at the team's discretion.

I got asked to leave when I brought an English Bully to a little league game. Everyone booed the umpire when I was leaving. ROFL

bogie
07-20-2006, 01:52 PM
The Wizards also reserve the right to deny admittance to any dangerous breeds at the team's discretion.

I got asked to leave when I brought an English Bully to a little league game. Everyone booed the umpire when I was leaving. ROFL

Why were you asked to leave?

BIG_DADDY
07-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Why were you asked to leave?

She barked a couple times. It was one of those playfull I want to play ball too type barks. The umpire said she was scaring some of the kids. The kids are all "no she isn't". The stands all bood the umpire while we were leaving.

I am getting used to it they have almost banned dogs from everywhere now. Hell you can't even take them for a walk in the mountains anymore. A friend of mine took his kids for to Santa Cruz for 3 days last week. He said he has never seen so many rules in his life.

No Dogs on Beach
No Fires on Beach
Curfew, I forget when it was.
No balls except for vollyballs in the volleyball area.
No bats or gloves.
No alchohol
No glass containers and on and on and on............

Saulbadguy
07-20-2006, 02:03 PM
This sounds like a very bad idea.

BIG_DADDY
07-20-2006, 02:13 PM
This sounds like a very bad idea.

They do it every year at the SF Giants games it's called Dog Days.

bogie
07-20-2006, 02:20 PM
She barked a couple times. It was one of those playfull I want to play ball too type barks. The umpire said she was scaring some of the kids. The kids are all "no she isn't". The stands all bood the umpire while we were leaving.

I am getting used to it they have almost banned dogs from everywhere now. Hell you can't even take them for a walk in the mountains anymore. A friend of mine took his kids for to Santa Cruz for 3 days last week. He said he has never seen so many rules in his life.

No Dogs on Beach
No Fires on Beach
Curfew, I forget when it was.
No balls except for vollyballs in the volleyball area.
No bats or gloves.
No alchohol
No glass containers and on and on and on............

Was she leashed? That's just wrong that you had to leave if you had her under control.

BIG_DADDY
07-20-2006, 02:22 PM
Was she leashed? That's just wrong that you had to leave if you had her under control.

Collered and leashed. She was the one I had in my avatar for awhile after we lost her to cancer a couple years ago.

The war on dogs marches on I guess I am going to have to get used to it.

Moooo
07-20-2006, 02:25 PM
This still sounds like a bad idea... Dogs and soccerballs are a losing combination. I have yet to know a dog who sees a soccerball rolling on the ground and doesn't try and chase it. Baseballs are different. They're in the air.

5 bucks says there's one dog who absolutely freaks out.

Moooo

jynni
07-20-2006, 02:29 PM
This still sounds like a bad idea... Dogs and soccerballs are a losing combination.

Sounds like they're putting all the dogs up in club level.

Still - it would be interesting. I wonder wow it works at Giants stadium?

BIG_DADDY
07-20-2006, 02:58 PM
Sounds like they're putting all the dogs up in club level.

Still - it would be interesting. I wonder wow it works at Giants stadium?

Bleacher Section

In all honest as much as I love dogs I would never bring mine to a game where they had to sit up in the stands. When I brought Cleo to the one they were tiny bleacher seats and the dog was on the ground at a little league game.