PDA

View Full Version : Ouch! Like it's not already bad enough...

Bob Dole
12-06-2000, 10:39 AM
Bob Dole figures he's due for a 2 year MNF drought now. Just great...

[i]"This past Monday night game featuring the Chiefs and the Patriots was the second-lowest rated game in the history of the show. The yawner garnered a meager 9.9 rating, second only to a 1986 game between the Redskins and the Giants that drew an 8.8. At least that game had an excuse as it was played opposite of the World Series. What was the excuse this time, it was played opposite a very scintillating episode of ''Becker''?"</i>

Baby Lee
12-06-2000, 10:41 AM
Becker was a rerun

Johnny - piling on.

Spott
12-06-2000, 10:43 AM
The excuse this time is it was a game between 2 shi!!y teams that have no chance of making the playoffs.

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

Red and Gold Mania
12-06-2000, 10:46 AM
I wonder if we will see any prime time games next season. Probably not.

58Forever
12-06-2000, 10:52 AM
We might see a Sunday game...is it our fault that the braintrust at ABC scheduled this game...just 3 weeks ago this game couldv'e meant something for the Chiefs...it's not our fault the Pats suck too...if we get a MNF game next year it will be only one and it will be at Arrowhead...one thing about the MNF announcers they talk up Arrowhead really well so we might see one...

If not, then my monday's will be free to do with as I choose....

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

BroncoFan
12-06-2000, 10:58 AM
Can't help it, couldn't keep myself from laughing at this discussion.

WisChief
12-06-2000, 11:01 AM
Haven't put a ton of thought into this, but why can't they just schedule each team one game? Cut out this crap with the "good" teams getting 3 or 4 games, because we all know they may not be good the next year. Hell, I still have not seen Cory Dillon play.

Bob Dole
12-06-2000, 11:01 AM
Really, BF? And why would that be?

Iowanian
12-06-2000, 11:02 AM
horseface..keep on laughing...i'm sure you won't be in 2 weeks, when my lowly chiefs hand the broncos their arses AGAIN!!!!

The rent is due on pile high...make sure they bring it the 17th.

WisChief
12-06-2000, 11:03 AM
Dammit Broncobilly - I thought I ran you off yesterday - go away - PUNK!!!

morphius
12-06-2000, 11:07 AM
It was because part 2 of the Dune mini series was on SciFi, their highest rated original series ever.

58Forever
12-06-2000, 11:09 AM
BF can't help from laughing because he loves it when the Bronco is riding him...

Wis Chief...I know what you mean...just because a game doesn't have playoff implications or if it's not played between the "elite" teams, who cares...okay, they **** heads at ABC care...they want ratings and therefore money...but I for one wouldn't mind seeing Corey Dillon in prime time...

16 games in a season...31 teams....I don't need to see Green Bay on Monday night five times...

[This message has been edited by 58Forever (edited 12-06-2000).]

Bob Dole
12-06-2000, 11:11 AM
No, really. Bob Dole deeply respects BF's opinion on matters and would like to know what's so humorous about this discussion.

mlyonsd
12-06-2000, 11:14 AM
Well Duh!

PBS was running the second and last segment of their documentary depicting the life of
General MacArthur.

I would think even the SB would have low ratings under those circumstances.

58Forever
12-06-2000, 11:22 AM
What, there was a football game on Monday night?....

Geez, after about the 10th beer I don't remember much....

DJay23
12-06-2000, 11:32 AM
If we get any primetime games next year they will be against either Denver or Oakland. The rivalry between these three always produces several primetime games per year, (This year may be an exception with only one game that I can think of). We will definitely play a top rate team if we get on primetime because we are no longer a primetime draw. No one wants to watch a confused Keystone Cops inspired football team bumble around the field against an equally inept team. I think this explains why every team does not get a shot on Monday night each year. People are by and large band wagon fans and they want to preview who their new favorite team(s) will be for that year.

I am not counting on watching the Chiefs more than once next year. If the current coaching staff is around I'm not sure I'll want to put myself through that anyway.

[This message has been edited by DJay23 (edited 12-06-2000).]

kcred
12-06-2000, 12:11 PM
I bought Direct TV this year, so I could see all Chiefs games, but with two on MNF, one against the Titans, and Colts, televised here, I may have made a mistake. Next year, unless Gunther goes, no way will I watch Ian Eagle and Mark May every Sunday, though I thought I heard a worse team last week, but don't know what game. Believe me except the games with Oakland and Denver, we will get a steady diet of these two.

Raiderhader
12-06-2000, 01:15 PM
Mark May annoies me. He talks to much and to fast.

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28