PDA

View Full Version : Clerks 2...Who's seen it?

luv
07-22-2006, 07:40 PM
I want to see this film. It looks hilarious! It looks to be completely different than the first one and like it might be better. And I liked the first one.

"Bob" Dobbs
07-22-2006, 08:32 PM
From the trailer, it looks like a sequel to WAY more than Clerks... I see elements of dogma, J&SBSB and more. Can't wait foir it to show up here in BFE... Kevin Smith ROCKS!

Nightwish
07-22-2006, 10:26 PM
As I've said before, I think all those movies - Dogma, Chasing Amy, J&SBSB - are essentially sequels to clerks, at least inasmuch as they feature the same cast, some of the same characters, and at least weakly interlinked storylines. So Clerks II is just another in a long line of sequels to Clerks. Still, it does look promising, and I hope to get out to see it pretty soon.

"Bob" Dobbs
07-22-2006, 10:32 PM
I know what you mean... it just looks more like a vehicle for J&SB (who were really VERY minor charcters in Clerks 1) than the story of Dante & Randal.

luv
07-22-2006, 10:38 PM
I know what you mean... it just looks more like a vehicle for J&SB (who were really VERY minor charcters in Clerks 1) than the story of Dante & Randal.
Are they in the movie more, or just in more of the previews? I've gone to see movies that have had some of my favorite actors in the previews only to find out that, what they showed of them in the previews, was basically their whole role in the movie.

"Bob" Dobbs
07-22-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm only assuming they're in the movie more, since i haven't seen it yet. They seem to be the center of the View Askewniverse anymore, so it would just make sense to feature them more. After all, J&SBSB grossed something like 10x what Clerks originally did. Kevin ain't stupid.

Nightwish
07-22-2006, 11:10 PM
Did you know that it wasn't until I saw Dogma, that it clicked that Silent Bob and Kevin Smith were the same person?

luv
07-22-2006, 11:13 PM
Did you know that it wasn't until I saw Dogma, that it clicked that Silent Bob and Kevin Smith were the same person?
That makes me feel somewhat better. I didn't realize it until watching 100 Funniest Movies on VH1 last night. ROFL

Then again, I don't follow movies close enough to know who directs what, let alone what they look like.

Halfcan
07-23-2006, 12:41 AM
I want to see this film. It looks hilarious! It looks to be completely different than the first one and like it might be better. And I liked the first one.

I heard it is a complete copycat and very unfunny. This might have put an end to his career. How many stupid movies can one director make of two losers standing outside a Quick Trip?

It is only getting one star out of five with most critics. Only Lady in the Lake is getting worse reviews.

luv
07-23-2006, 01:02 AM
I heard it is a complete copycat and very unfunny. This might have put an end to his career. How many stupid movies can one director make of two losers standing outside a Quick Trip?

It is only getting one star out of five with most critics. Only Lady in the Lake is getting worse reviews.
I'd say you haven't seen the previews.

Moooo
07-23-2006, 01:29 AM
This movie has to be good for one reason...

Mooby

http://www.dogma-movie.com/artwork/images/mooby.gif

Moooo

Reaper16
07-23-2006, 01:28 PM
I'm a known cynic, so believe me when I say that this movie wasn't dissapointing. Very funny; an above average film perhaps. Raunch and controversial in that Clerks way, but it has this element of sweetness in it and allows for actual growth for the characters.

If you like Kevein Smith movies, you'll like Clerks II. Period.

KcMizzou
07-23-2006, 01:35 PM
If you like Keven Smith movies, you'll like Clerks II. Period.I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

I got home at midnight last night, popped in "An Evening with Kevin Smith". Ended up watching the whole damned thing. (Around 4 hours) I'd forgotten how good that DVD was.

DaFace
07-23-2006, 01:38 PM
Not that viewer ratings are the final word or anything, but so far it's getting pretty good reviews over on IMDB. Anything over a 7 is typically a pretty good flick, and it's rated a 7.6 right now.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424345/

luv
07-23-2006, 03:09 PM
Now, I'm wanting to go see it even more. Anyone free? :) Nah, I think I'll wait a few weeks for the crowds to settle down a bit.

Halfcan
07-23-2006, 04:04 PM
Now, I'm wanting to go see it even more. Anyone free? :) Nah, I think I'll wait a few weeks for the crowds to settle down a bit.

The crowds??? lol Yeah better wait about a month until it quits selling out-lol

luv
07-23-2006, 04:07 PM
The crowds??? lol Yeah better wait about a month until it quits selling out-lol
Are you mocking me?

KcMizzou
07-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Of course it will suck. Halfcan told me Rush isn't even on the soundtrack.

ENDelt260
07-23-2006, 04:53 PM
I just got home from seeing it. It kicked ass.

There were like 5 other people in the theater.

"Bob" Dobbs
07-23-2006, 05:05 PM
Is it just the previews or are J&SB much more prominent compared to Clerks 1?

Reaper16
07-23-2006, 05:49 PM
Is it just the previews or are J&SB much more prominent compared to Clerks 1?
Just a tiny bit more. The movie is clearly centered around, and about, Dante and Randall, so don't fret.

"Bob" Dobbs
07-23-2006, 05:51 PM
cool. thanks. :thumb:

Halfcan
07-23-2006, 06:55 PM
Are you mocking me?

Are you mocking me?

Deberg_1990
07-23-2006, 09:44 PM
There were like 5 other people in the theater.

Thats kind of sad. But i guess Kevin Smith films have a very "niche" appeal. Im sure it will do much better on DVD.

Halfcan
07-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Thats kind of sad. But i guess Kevin Smith films have a very "niche" appeal. Im sure it will do much better on DVD.

or
it could be he has not made a good film and he is getting terrible reviews on this one

Sully
07-24-2006, 12:40 PM
I saw it last Friday. I was very impressed. I think an above poster said it well when he mentioned the raunch, added with Smith's ultimate "sweetness" that give the film heart. It IS funny, and will come away with another ton of those lines you throw around in conversation, and it's fun.

It is NOT Shawshank Redemption. It is NOT Citizen Kane. It's just a really fun and funny movie with likeable characters and hijinks.

Swanman
07-24-2006, 01:59 PM
I saw it last Friday. I was very impressed. I think an above poster said it well when he mentioned the raunch, added with Smith's ultimate "sweetness" that give the film heart. It IS funny, and will come away with another ton of those lines you throw around in conversation, and it's fun.

It is NOT Shawshank Redemption. It is NOT Citizen Kane. It's just a really fun and funny movie with likeable characters and hijinks.

Well said. I saw it yesterday and really enjoyed it. It's more of a conventional comedy than the first movie but is still very edgy with a few laugh-out-loud moments and great dialogue.

For those that are talking about the bad reviews, it actually has a Fresh rating on RottenTomatoes.com, which is pretty hard to get these days, especially for a comedy. For certain reviewers, I would rather them not like the movie I'm going to see. I don't see myself having the same taste in movies as Joel Siegel.

luv
07-24-2006, 02:14 PM
or
it could be he has not made a good film and he is getting terrible reviews on this one
Hmm...everyone that has seen it and replied on here seems to have liked it. Maybe you shouldn't put as much faith in the reviews.

ENDelt260
07-24-2006, 08:12 PM
Looks like they made $10 Million opening weekend. Not bad for a movie that cost $5 mil to make.

Reaper16
07-24-2006, 08:23 PM
Looks like they made $10 Million opening weekend. Not bad for a movie that cost $5 mil to make.
Profit!

KcMizzou
07-24-2006, 08:50 PM
Profit!Yeah, and just wait till it hits DVD.