PDA

View Full Version : PDA or something like... help?

Moooo
07-23-2006, 09:00 PM
Okay I have a horrible memory. I even had a psychologist after a bunch of tests tell me I have a memory problem or disorder or whatever you may call it.

So I'm looking for something that will help me keep track of things I have to do. I've tried the good, old-fashioned pen and paper, but I always forget it, which is why I thought a PDA or cellphone that does the same stuff (cause I can remember my phone). I don't know if they would do what I'm looking for, but I saw one of those phones with a keypad on it, and it looked like it could do more than what I needed, just from the picture :)

I'm not looking for something real fancy, just something that I can keep everything straight in and maybe that will remind me when I have a doctor's appointment or that I have a paper due in a few days.

If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it.

Moooo, who doesn't know anything about new technology

Braincase
07-23-2006, 09:17 PM
Get an MP3 player (iPod, Sansa, Creative Labs) that records audio as well as plays music.

Moooo
07-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Get an MP3 player (iPod, Sansa, Creative Labs) that records audio as well as plays music.

I have no deisre to have music on it. I just want something that will keep track of phone numbers, addresses, and most importantly, my schedule!

Moooo

luv
07-23-2006, 09:41 PM
I have no deisre to have music on it. I just want something that will keep track of phone numbers, addresses, and most importantly, my schedule!

Moooo
Does your cell phone have a place for notes or anything? You could hire a personal secretary. How much would you be willing to oay?

jspchief
07-24-2006, 01:44 AM
If you forget pen and paper, what makes you think you'd remember a PDA (or anything else)?

A voice recorder is a good suggestion. It might be easier for you to record the info, and then transfer it to a more permanent location at a more suitable time.

The most basic PDA would also do everything you're looking for. I have one that's probably close to 10 years old that can perform all those functions. I have to think you could get an inexpensive nowadays.

But again, you have to remember to carry (and keep charged) the device.

My personal suggestion is whatever method you choose, you need to make that item a part of your routine. Like brushing your teeth. Keep it in the same place you keep your wallet, so forgetting it would mean you also forget your wallet.

Saulbadguy
07-24-2006, 07:40 AM
Get a Phone/PDA.

DaFace
07-24-2006, 08:04 AM
How about a monkey to follow you around and take notes for you? That might be fun.

Vegas_Dave
07-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Get the Cingular 8125 Smartphone like I did... Awesome.

Fish
07-24-2006, 10:55 AM
http://www.clieuk.co.uk/rn.jpg

Moooo
07-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Thanks. I have a feeling I'll remember a PDA, because I can remember my phone and if its the same thing, then... Like I said my memory is very selective. I have a small of my brain that doesn't function that well, so some things just click and others don't.

So a simple PDA will do the job, how about one that's in a Cell Phone? That sounds nice cause I like the idea of charging it like a cell phone, and not having to replace the batteries and stuff like that. Plus, if I only have to remember to take one thing it will be good. Also, my cell phone is my only phone, so I'll have to keep it around if I want to talk to people.

Ultimately price is a factor, and a big one. Is there any way you can buy a cheap PDA phone on eBay, and activate it through my current account? Or should I wait till I have to get a new phoneplan and go from there?

Moooo