PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get tickets

Tatertot13
07-24-2006, 01:19 PM
So I'm planning on going to my first ever Chiefs game this year and wanted opinions on how to go about getting tickets. Since I can't really afford to fly out to KC to see a home game, I am thinking about driving up to Pittsburgh to represent at the game on 10/15. I've looked at a couple of broker websites, but they are all wanting $200 - $300 a ticket for nosebleed seats. I realize that since it's the Steelers the tickets are going to be more expensive, and I don't mind sitting in the nosebleed sections, but I'm not willing to pay that much for those seats. What are some other options available to me? Would I be better off trying eBay? Do people usually have tickets for sale in the parking lot before the games? Thanks.

Saulbadguy
07-24-2006, 01:20 PM
Go park, and buy tickets outside the stadium.

StcChief
07-24-2006, 01:27 PM
yep. I can't imagine getting raped by scalper for upper level seats...

Lower level you won't likely find outside. at or below face. Maybe Single seat.

pr_capone
07-24-2006, 01:27 PM
Sell yourself to 20 to 30 fat chicks for $10 a piece.

Or, 2 to 3 REALLY fat chicks for $100 a piece.

Hey... fat chicks need love too! [/Quagmire]

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-24-2006, 01:29 PM

Correct.. If you just go and sit in the parking lot, the scalpers get really nervous about gettin rid of their high dollar tickets when the 2nd qtr rolls around. You can probably get a lower level 50 yardline ticket for less than $50.

ChiefsfaninPA
07-24-2006, 01:30 PM
Tater good luck with finding "cheap" tickets. I am running into the same problem for tixs at Pitt. The Steelers had single season game tickets on sale in June but it is too late to purchase them directly from them so you are going to get rapped. I have a couple of connections that are season ticket holders, I am seeing if I can get one to not take their spouse to the game so I can go (no luck as of now). If I run into anything between now and like a week before the game I will PM you.

Tatertot13
07-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Tater good luck with finding "cheap" tickets. I am running into the same problem for tixs at Pitt. The Steelers had single season game tickets on sale in June but it is too late to purchase them directly from them so you are going to get rapped. I have a couple of connections that are season ticket holders, I am seeing if I can get one to not take their spouse to the game so I can go (no luck as of now). If I run into anything between now and like a week before the game I will PM you.

That would be great. Thanks.

alanm
07-24-2006, 01:37 PM
Not really sure when tickets go on sale from Ticketmaster but I've had no problem buying thru them any given year. I'll be doing the same this season for the Chiefs away game at Denver. It's usually the last Friday of July when they go on sale. So I'll be sitting here come Friday morning at 10am. :thumb:

Eleazar
07-24-2006, 01:37 PM
yep. I can't imagine getting raped by scalper for upper level seats...

Lower level you won't likely find outside. at or below face. Maybe Single seat.

You must never have been to arrowhead. Every game there are people outside the stadiums with fistfulls of lower levels.

DaFace
07-24-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm a college student, and I buy and sell quite a few sets of tickets during the year in order to pay for myself to go to games. Anyway, here are a few tips I've learned over the past couple years.

1. Look in classified ads for people just wanting to unload their tickets. Not EVERYONE is trying to make a small fortune on tickets, so if you're patient and watch you might get some good deals. Check out local newspapers and the online classifieds site Craigslist. Here's a direct link (http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/tix/) for where you should be looking on Craigslist.

2. Look for Steelers message boards that have ticket forums. People don't usually try and make as much money off of tickets on a board. Just like our Tickets section is almost all tickets for Arrowhead, their tickets sections will be for their home games. Don't let them know you're a Chiefs fan though or they might not sell them to you! ;)

3. Worst comes to worst, check out good ol' eBay. Buy it now prices are usually sky high, but auctions close at reasonable levels most of the time. Be patient, and look for auctions that close at weird times of the day (like early morning or after midnight). Fewer people will be using it then, so your chances of success are higher. If you won't be around at the auction's close, use a bid sniping program like PhantomBidder (http://www.phantombidder.com/PhantomBidder/Default.asp) to bid for you at the last second. In addition, use eBay's "ticket finder" feature to look for tickets rather than keywords. You might find an auction with a misspelled word that no one else can find. Here's where you should be looking (http://listings.ebay.com/_W0QQsocmdZListingItemList?sofocus=pf&sbrftog=1&socmd=ListingItemList&fstype=1&from=R2&catref=C3&satitle=&sacat=16122%26catref%3DC6%26curcat%3Dtrue&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&a40=1003&a37=1011&a9=1073&a10=1132&a1=1026&a2=1169&a44812=35704&a44811=-24&gcs=1&pfid=1&reqtype=2&pfmode=1&alist=a40%2Ca37%2Ca9%2Ca10%2Ca1%2Ca2%2Ca63%2Ca10399%2Ca10400%2Ca44812%2Ca44811&pf_query=&pf=Show+Items&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=66801&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=) on eBay.

4. People are right that you can usually buy tickets off of people at the stadium. I've never done it since it's a 2 hour drive for me and seems kinda risky, but I might some time!

Good luck! If you're patient, you'll be able to get tickets at somewhat reasonable prices. You won't likely get them for face value, but at least you won't be paying a 400% markup like you might with scalpers.

Scorp
07-24-2006, 02:06 PM
Keep watching Craigslist or ebay.