PDA

View Full Version : How does 5-13 sound about now?

TheFly
12-07-2000, 06:44 PM
Yep, that's right. I do fuzzy math.

0-2 at the end of 1999 season to fall out of playoff contention
0-4 during 2000 preseason
0-2 during start of 2000 season
0-5 since we beat the Rams

Sounds like Gun's lack of preparation and good sound coaches are definitely showing...<BR>

WisChief
12-07-2000, 07:17 PM
Yassirreesirbob - sounds pretty close by golly!!!

top 10 in the draft this year boyz! get ready to $hit yer drawers when they select an OG with it! :D

HEY GUNTHER - PACK YOUR BAGS AND HIT THE ROAD - NOW!!! AND TAKE EVERYONE THAT IS NOT A PLAYER WITH YOU. Have a nice life.<P>

TEX
12-07-2000, 07:25 PM
Gun said he had an "image" of what "his" team would look like someday. Well, this is it! IMHO he has done as much as he can. Let's hope that he doesn't get the chance to finish the job.

Hoover
12-08-2000, 12:30 AM
ummmmmmm

Didn't we beat the Sea Hawks after the Rams game? Then It all went to hell.

Hoover

Spott
12-08-2000, 06:52 AM
We're actually 1-5 since we beat the Rams and 5-14 counting the last 2 games last year and preseason..

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

[This message has been edited by mizzou5 (edited 12-08-2000).]

Nelson Muntz
12-08-2000, 07:00 AM
so he really does do fuzzy math... 5-13 = 5-14

lol

------------------
~R.I.P. Tupac Shakur~

kcred
12-08-2000, 08:14 AM
I am glad you pointed out the preseason, though i don't think wins are that important, competitiveness, evaluation, and glimmers of hope should be seen. We did not see any of that in August last year, and look what it produced. Hell, we went into the Indianapolis game, not even set on our starting lineup, or game plan. Excuse me, the words game plan, have never been in Goonthers vocabulary.

KCTitus
12-08-2000, 08:54 AM
I have to admit that I tried to dismiss the preseason failures and apparent 'lack' of emotion in those games to the fact that they were evaluating the team.

Well, as most had warned, this was not the case. The same lackluster performance that we saw in the preseason and the two games of last season are the same things that we are seeing now.

This team is emotionally exhausted thanks to Gunther and his 'emotional' coaching style. This team has NO consistent philosophy from week to week leaving the players guessing as to 'what will happen this week'.

Packfan
12-08-2000, 09:19 AM
KCTITS,

Yea, if the Chiefs just had the extra "emotion", they would be undefeated! If thats all it took, they would have hired a motivational speaker. Take your head out of your crack already! This team is short on talent and has poor coaching. Emotion doesnt bobble snaps are make bad decisions in the two minute drill. Emotion doesnt make you stay out of the nuetral zone. Emotion doesnt cause you to drop passes.

The team has mediocre talent, poor coaching, and a rotten GM: Thats why they havent doent squat for the last seven years.

Nice try KCTITS <P>

KCTitus
12-08-2000, 09:22 AM
Ken: you have reached new lows as far as Im concerned.

I made this exact same statement a week or so ago and you agreed with it.

It's obvious what you are doing and at this point, I feel sorry for you and your apparent inability to maintain a single lucid thought for more than a few moments.

The name calling is a nice touch, sorry to say, it's not very original.

Packfan
12-08-2000, 09:28 AM
KCTITUS,

Sorry, slip of the finger on KCTITS.

You must have been talking to someone else. We havent agreed on hardly anything.

You think philosophy and emotion will change things. I think its alot more than that. I think talent plays a bigger role. Emotion and philosophy dont cause guys to miss tackles or drop passes. They dont cause Grbac to make crucial errors in the two minute drill. Grbac never blames his blunders on "philosophy and emotion" nor do any of the other players. I never hear Chester say "our philosophy is all messed up thats why I am constantly in the neutral zone".

You and other Chief fans are frustrated because you truly believe that this team has super bowl caliber talent. So you look for reasons why it is constantly mediocre. You like to blame coaching and coordiantors for kicks that end up out of bounds. You like to blame the teams lack of "emotion" for dropped passes and bad decisions. I agree it has a part of it, but a small one at that.

The MAIN reason this team is medicore is because they playoff caliber lack talent at key positions. And the guy responsible for bringing talent is Carl Peterson.

Nice try!

KCTitus
12-08-2000, 09:36 AM
Im trying to be nice to you Ken, because it's obvious you're not consistent and can't seem to maintan a thought pattern from one post to the next. ONCE AGAIN, you fail to read and comprehend what I have said.

You think philosophy and emotion will change things. - That's not what I said.

You and other Chief fans are frustrated because you truly believe that this team has super bowl caliber talent. - This is SO patently ridiculous, It's only my self restraint that I dont return the favor to your 'beliefs'. NOT ONE single person on this BB has stated that in any way shape or form.

You like to blame coaching and coordiantors for kicks that end up out of bounds. - No, you blame the kicker for kicking the ball out of bounds as everyone did and the coach for hiring/picking up the kicker.

You like to blame the teams lack of "emotion" for dropped passes and bad decisions. - I blame the player for the dropped passes and the bad decisions on the coaching staff.

{contd}

KCTitus
12-08-2000, 09:38 AM
Now, that I've knocked that out of the park, here's the exchange we had back on November 20:

KCTitus: I honestly believe that these players are emotionally spent. They have no emotion left.
Gun's been playing on their emotions for many weeks now and these players have nothing left.

Gun's not getting the team ready for football, he's been performing pep rallies. This team has no confidence and Kimble's statements yesterday after the game are telling and chilling.

I had once thought that KC had reached its lowest point on that Monday night against Denver in 1998. Well, I was wrong.

Packfan: Titus,
Good Post. Finally something we agree upon. The age of yelling, screamining, hugging, crying, ect are over. You must know your personnel, have a scheme, be able to train your players, and execute a game plan. Firing them up is overrated. It lasts until you get popped in the mouth the first time. Smarts and talent is way more important than emotion.

I will bring this thread back to the top for those interested because I dont expect, you Ken, to read it just like all the others. The title is: Game observations from 3rd in a row....

Continue to post, I'll continue to make you look the fool.

KCTitus
12-08-2000, 09:49 AM
Yeah, it's probably best you run and hide now Ken. I'd be embarrassed too.

TheFly
12-08-2000, 10:16 AM
Did you know that Elvis has never won a playoff game? :p<BR>