PDA

View Full Version : Damn! I hate to be a Bungul fan

KingPriest2
07-26-2006, 10:17 AM
Thurman suspended for substance-abuse violationAssociated Press

CINCINNATI -- Bengals middle linebacker Odell Thurman has been suspended for the first four games of the season for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policies.

Thurman

Thurman became the team's starting middle linebacker as a rookie last season, when the Bengals made their first playoff appearance since 1990. Thurman was excused from the team's minicamp last month for personal reasons.

"It's very disappointing to us that Odell has this misconduct with league policies," coach Marvin Lewis said. "I am very disappointed. It's something that he needs to get in line in his life."

Thurman, 23, a second-round pick from Georgia, had 1.5 sacks and led the team in tackles in nine games last season.

Thurman's suspension is the latest embarrassment for a team that has had four other players arrested in recent months.

What more can go wrong?

ChiefsfaninPA
07-26-2006, 10:19 AM
Their HC needs to get his stuff together. This team has too many players with character issues. Things like this only occur because of a lack of discipline he is demanding from his squad.

Wile_E_Coyote
07-26-2006, 10:27 AM
that team maybe cursed. Look out Chad Johnson the curse will make you lust for dead flesh or something vile

jspchief
07-26-2006, 10:29 AM
Haha. Awesome.

ChiefsfaninPA
07-26-2006, 10:34 AM
I wonder if Chad has changed his CB's to beat list yet. He know has to add Law on it with Surtain for week one. He should already check the "NO" column awhile because he isn't going to be beating either of those guys.

StcChief
07-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Chad 'the mouth' Johnson will be interesting what he says as season opener approaches.

Watch him go over the middle....or depend on a 'PICK' from another receiver to free him.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-26-2006, 10:49 AM
They're the Offseason Chiefs of last year.

How many arrests have the bungels had? like five?

Sully
07-26-2006, 10:51 AM
Their HC needs to get his stuff together. This team has too many players with character issues. Things like this only occur because of a lack of discipline he is demanding from his squad.

Cmon. Be fair.
They are on their way to making the team respectable. They just drfted Ahmad Brooks.

CupidStunt
07-26-2006, 11:29 AM
Good luck in week one.

el borracho
07-26-2006, 11:36 AM
I bet Larry Johnson almost smiled when he heard that- almost.

Kerberos
07-26-2006, 11:58 AM
I wonder if Chad has changed his CB's to beat list yet. He know has to add Law on it with Surtain for week one. He should already check the "NO" column awhile because he isn't going to be beating either of those guys.

Chad may have a BIG mouth but he usually backs up his BS with his play.

He can get open just like any other WR on any given day on any given CB that may be covering him. I just hope we have Bernard "BoneCrusher" Pollard in when he runs across the middle on a slant and catches a pass. I wanna hear that POP in my seat in the stands!

:D

WilliamTheIrish
07-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Boy that Bob Huggins sure recruits some thugs... Oh it's the Cincinnatti Bengals, you say?

cmh6476
07-26-2006, 04:58 PM
must suck to have your leading tackler from '05 out. But hey, every team has a leading tackler, just ask Donnie Edwards.

Mecca
07-26-2006, 05:02 PM
The Bengals were such a bad team when he took over he's drafted the most talented players he coul get in drafts without looking at character issues.......

Odell Thurman and Chris Henry were first round talents he got in the 2nd and 3rd rounds he was just looking to stockpile talent, I guess it's backfiring now.

the Talking Can
07-26-2006, 07:26 PM
definetly glad we're playing them early...they'll put it together later in the season...