PDA

View Full Version : Multiple "Lance Bass is gay" threads? Um...I think not.

DaKCMan AP
07-26-2006, 12:53 PM
Lance Bass of `N Sync reveals he's gay

Lance Bass, band member of 'N Sync, says he's gay and in a "very stable" relationship with a reality show star. Bass, who formed 'N Sync with Justin Timberlake, JC Chasez, Joey Fatone and Chris Kirkpatrick, tells People magazine that he didn't earlier disclose his sexuality because he didn't want to affect the group's popularity.

"I knew that I was in this popular band and I had four other guys' careers in my hand, and I knew that if I ever acted on it or even said (that I was gay), it would overpower everything," he tells the magazine.

'N Sync is known for a string of hits including "Bye Bye Bye" and "It's Gonna Be Me." The band went on hiatus in 2002. Bass has also found headlines for undertaking astronaut training and failing to raise money for a trip into space.

Bass says he wondered if his coming out could prompt "the end of 'N Sync." He explains, "So I had that weight on me of like, `Wow, if I ever let anyone know, it's bad.' So I just never did."

The singer says he's in a "very stable" relationship with 32-year-old actor Reichen Lehmkuhl, winner of season four of CBS' "Amazing Race."

Bass and Fatone, 29, are developing a sitcom pilot inspired by the screwball comedy "The Odd Couple," in which his character will be gay.

"The thing is, I'm not ashamed that's the one thing I went to say," Bass says. "I don't think it's wrong, I'm not devastated going through this. I'm more liberated and happy than I've been my whole life. I'm just happy."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060726/ap_on_en_mu/people_lance_bass&printer=1;_ylt=AsUDv4qWslwRLNhfTxMiPFUnHL8C;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MXN1bHE0BHNlYwN0bWE-

I thought it was obvious..

hypersensitiveZO6
07-26-2006, 12:57 PM
Somewhere in Denver Jake Plummer says:

"Score!"

Bootlegged
07-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Go figure. Lanced Ass. Wikipedia is amazingly up to date.

Lance Bass (born James Lance Bass on May 4, 1979, in Laurel, Mississippi) was the bass singer for the American pop group 'N Sync. He began his musical career in the seventh grade in the school chorus. He later joined Mississippi Show Stoppers, a state-wide group sponsored by the Mississippi Agriculture and Forestry Museum. He joined Mickey Mouse Club alumni JC Chasez and Justin Timberlake in *NSYNC, a boy band turned overnight sensation. Lance was considered the 'quiet one' of the group.

Bass starred in the 2001 motion picture On the Line, which grossed only $4.3 million at the US domestic box office, but had a production budget of $16 million. The film was produced by Bacon & Eggs LLC (formerly A Happy Place), a company owned by Bass, which is currently producing a new film entitled Lovewrecked.

In addition, Bass formed a music management company called Free Lance Entertainment, which is now defunct. The only album released through Free Lance was Reach by Meredith Edwards.

In August of 2002, Bass entered cosmonaut training at Star City in Russia. He was scheduled to fly into space on the Russian Soyuz spacecraft in October of that year with the mission Soyuz TMA-1. However, his sponsorship funds failed to materialize. He still hopes to fly in the future.

In October of 2004 during World Space Week, Bass was formally inducted as a member of the National Space Society's Board of Governors. Serving in an advisory and public outreach capacity, Bass has joined astronauts and prominent individuals who have made a lasting, positive impact on human space exploration, including actor Tom Hanks, journalist Hugh Downs and author and futurist Sir Arthur C. Clarke, among many others.

Bass was also featured as a voice actor for the video game Kingdom Hearts, voicing Sephiroth, which received negative reactions from fans of the Final Fantasy series, primarily because of the fact he lacked the dark masculinity of Sephiroth. Other voice acting guest spots by Bass include Higglytown Heroes, Kim Possible, and Robot Chicken.

2006 brought Bass back into the public eye with his appearance in the CBS primetime series Gameshow Marathon.

There is much speculation that Bass has undergone plastic surgery on his nose. [1]

Lance Bass officially acknowledged he is gay in a front page cover story for People Magazine[2] on July 26, 2006. He also confirmed his relationship with former reality show star Reichen Lehmkuhl. There had been considerable speculation about his sexuality due to numerous paparazzi snapshots of him with the openly gay Lehmkuhl. The two had been spotted together in many different locations, often seen wearing each other's shirts.

Baby Lee
07-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Parez Hilton scooped him.

Fish
07-26-2006, 01:46 PM
Shocked!! Awe-struck! Never would have guessed....

Gonzo
07-26-2006, 01:46 PM
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=228739&GT1=7703

The Associated Press

Lance Bass, band member of 'N Sync, says he's gay and in a "very stable" relationship with a reality show star. Bass, who formed 'N Sync with Justin Timberlake, JC Chasez, Joey Fatone and Chris Kirkpatrick, tells People magazine that he didn't earlier disclose his sexuality because he didn't want to affect the group's popularity.

"I knew that I was in this popular band and I had four other guys' careers in my hand, and I knew that if I ever acted on it or even said (that I was gay), it would overpower everything," he tells the magazine.

'N Sync is known for a string of hits including "Bye Bye Bye" and "It's Gonna Be Me." The band went on hiatus in 2002. Bass has also found headlines for undertaking astronaut training and failing to raise money for a trip into space.

Bass says he wondered if his coming out could prompt "the end of 'N Sync." He explains, "So I had that weight on me of like, `Wow, if I ever let anyone know, it's bad.' So I just never did."

The singer says he's in a "very stable" relationship with 32-year-old actor Reichen Lehmkuhl, winner of season four of CBS' "Amazing Race."

Bass and Fatone, 29, are developing a sitcom pilot inspired by the screwball comedy "The Odd Couple," in which his character will be gay.

"The thing is, I'm not ashamed that's the one thing I went to say," Bass says. "I don't think it's wrong, I'm not devastated going through this. I'm more liberated and happy than I've been my whole life. I'm just happy."

I know how upset and amazed you all are about this.

Bootlegged
07-26-2006, 01:48 PM
BREAKING REPOST!!!!!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=144317

Fish
07-26-2006, 01:51 PM
4 exclamation points on Breaking News?

You're ghey.......... :p

Bootlegged
07-26-2006, 01:52 PM
4 exclamation points on News?

You're ghey for saying that.

Gonzo
07-26-2006, 01:52 PM
Dammit.....I did'nt even see this one.....Sorry.

Baby Lee
07-26-2006, 01:53 PM
So that whole thing with the Russian Space Station was a misunderstanding?

He actually wanted to be "ass to nuts."

Baby Lee
07-26-2006, 01:53 PM
You're ghey for saying that.
I know you're ghey, because you macramed your last post.

ChiefFan31
07-26-2006, 01:54 PM
Well, I missed the other threads, but heard about this from a co-worker.

I mean really, does this surprise anyone??

Gonzo
07-26-2006, 01:55 PM
4 exclamation points on Breaking News?

Exclamation points are not ghey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thingy is ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WilliamTheIrish
07-26-2006, 01:55 PM
I knew that I was in this popular band and I had four other guys' careers in my hand

We know what Bass had in his hands at that time and it wasn't the career's of his friends.

htismaqe
07-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Exclamation points are not ghey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't **** with the tilde. It vibrates!

jAZ
07-26-2006, 01:59 PM
You know how I know you're ghey - because you're ghey and can tell who other ghey posters are?
I was suprised to find out that that guy WASN'T Dustin Diamond's brother.

Bootlegged
07-26-2006, 02:00 PM

Dustin Diamond's brother currently appears on "Last Comic Standing"

Baby Lee
07-26-2006, 02:01 PM
Didn't watch Apatow's TV forays?
Undeclared?
Freaks and Geeks?

Seth has been hilarious forever.

Fish
07-26-2006, 02:04 PM

:hmmm:

And all this time I thought the tilde was bi.........

Gonzo
07-26-2006, 02:10 PM
:hmmm:

And all this time I thought the tilde was bi.........

I know....it suprised me too.
But it is constantly riding this thingy's ass
````````````````````````````````````````````

morphius
07-26-2006, 02:11 PM
You are the ones who are the ball lickers...

chagrin
07-26-2006, 03:23 PM
I see this guy''s friggin teeth all over the net now!!
Actually the pictures are fuggin hilarious, he's stareting to look like K.D. Lang, can YOU tell the difference?

Hey, look at my huge teeth!
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/ww/news/2006/07/26/lancebig.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/jrmxh

http://mud.mm-da.yimg.com/image/1604795821

http://mud.mm-a6.yimg.com/image/2313398052

Rausch
07-26-2006, 04:11 PM
So that whole thing with the Russian Space Station was a misunderstanding?

He actually wanted to be "ass to nuts."
ROFL

Baby Lee
07-27-2006, 09:02 AM
Dailygut weighs in;
More astonishing breaking news:

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: I'm bat-shit crazy!

Laurie David: Using a private plane makes me a hypocrite!

Hezbollah: We're terrorists!

Sheehan: I stopped taking my meds two years ago!

UN: We hate Jews!

Western Europe: We have America Envy!

Arianna Huffington: Marrying that rich gay guy was my best career move!

Suri Cruise: Somebody please kidnap me!

Democrats: We're glad things aren't going well in Iraq!

James Blunt: I'm a soulless dork!

Demonpenz
07-27-2006, 09:07 AM
all the good ones are either gay or in 98 degrees

Bootlegged
07-27-2006, 09:18 AM
(Hey, Hey)
Guys, Guys, Guys
Guys, Guys...
Guys, Guys...
Oh, Oh..

I'm doin' Frank tonight,
He's probably gonna find me tight.
I know this can't be right.
Hey baby come on,
I loved your hind endlessly,
When pussy weren't there for me.
So now it's time to leave and taste your bone.

I know that I can't love a whore
It ain't no lie
I wanna get in your backdoor
Baby, guys, guys, guys...

Nightwish
07-27-2006, 12:22 PM

Is he meaning to imply that there are straight guys who join boy bands?