PDA

View Full Version : Damon Huard

B_Ambuehl
07-26-2006, 12:49 PM
What is this guy still doing on the roster? I'd rather see Jonathan Quinn instead of this guy. Anyone remember CP saying last preseason, "well it looks like we might have some changes to our depth chart at the QB position with Quinn coming in and playing well". I'm just curious how Huard managed to keep a roster spot.

htismaqe
07-26-2006, 12:50 PM
Vermeil hated Quinn.

Count Zarth
07-26-2006, 12:50 PM
DAMON HUARD RULES AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!!!

morphius
07-26-2006, 12:53 PM
Because Vermeil and Carl are under the belief that having a vet QB backup is the best possible option if you were to lose the starter. I believe they also understood that Odd Todd was going to be out looking for another job this year, so instead they gave Huard a year figuring it would take him a year to learn the system anyway and could come in as backup this year.

This is just MHO of course...

htismaqe
07-26-2006, 12:56 PM
Because Vermeil and Carl are under the belief that having a vet QB backup is the best possible option if you were to lose the starter. I believe they also understood that Odd Todd was going to be out looking for another job this year, so instead they gave Huard a year figuring it would take him a year to learn the system anyway and could come in as backup this year.

This is just MHO of course...

Does Carl Peterson look like the type of guy to go into a season with 2 rookies backing up a QB who's nearing 40? ROFL

Seriously, I agree with you. Plus, I think after what Herm had happen last year, he's probably pretty hesitant about cutting QB's.

The Poz
07-26-2006, 12:58 PM
They won't release Huard until they see what Croyle & Printers can actually do with the pads on. Won't be long into training camp when he gets that "Hey Damon, Herm wants to see ya."

burt
07-26-2006, 01:01 PM
They won't release Huard until they see what Croyle & Printers can actually do with the pads on. Won't be long into training camp when he gets that "Hey Damon, Herm wants to see ya."

I so agree with you on this....

B_Ambuehl
07-26-2006, 01:12 PM
Mainly i'm wondering why he was kept last year instead of Quinn. I seriously think Huard might be the worst QB in the league. Quinn played pretty damn good last preseason Huard I think he completed like 30% of his passes with a 15 QB rating or something like that.

milkman
07-26-2006, 01:15 PM
I so agree with you on this....

I disagree.

I strongly believe that we'll be going into the season with 4 QBs, which is the reason that Hermie has talked about going into the season with only 4 WRs.

Count Zarth
07-26-2006, 01:17 PM
I really, really hope that isn't true. Hall, Thorpe and Webb all need to be on the gameday roster. Maybe Herm is thinking Webb and Thorpe are interchangeable players.

htismaqe
07-26-2006, 01:20 PM
I disagree.

I strongly believe that we'll be going into the season with 4 QBs, which is the reason that Hermie has talked about going into the season with only 4 WRs.

That's the impression I've gotten too.

Keeping 4 QB's is just dumb.

StcChief
07-26-2006, 02:33 PM

Unless one punts
Still would keep 3....

What ever happened to QBs that also punt?

BigChiefFan
07-26-2006, 02:35 PM

BB kept 4 QBs when Tom Brady was a ROOKIE just so he wouldn't lose him. I wouldn't call that a dumb move.

Bowser
07-26-2006, 02:44 PM
BB kept 4 QBs when Tom Brady was a ROOKIE just so he wouldn't lose him. I wouldn't call that a dumb move.

I wouldn't either, unless the QB in question of being kept is named Damon Huard.

htismaqe
07-26-2006, 02:57 PM

Tom Brady >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Casey Printers

Predarat
07-26-2006, 03:39 PM
Damon Huard = Steve Pelluer