PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Sims supports Krispy Kreme!

hypersensitiveZO6
07-26-2006, 05:45 PM
The last thing that could really be a problem for our defense next year is our Defensive Tackles. With the Ty Law signing, the are now our biggest weakness, if they weren't already before.

The main man that needs to step up is Ryan Sims. He's on the chopping block if he doesn't start looking like the 6th overall pick that we drafted in the 2002 NFL Draft. He is an obvious talent and has proved to be nothing but a wasted draft pick so far in his time with KC. I've heard he's been making an effort to lose the weight he gained after the injury last season, but regardless his weight he needs to play much better than he has.

A message for Ryan Sims: Step It Up, or You're Done.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=59983

hypersensitiveZO6
07-26-2006, 06:03 PM
My vote is he'll step up.

JBucc
07-26-2006, 06:09 PM
I don't think he'll ever be what you expect out of a first rounder but I think he'll play better than previous years. Hell if he's playing at all that's better than previous years.

4th and Long
07-26-2006, 06:13 PM
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4369/simskrispuln9.jpg
Fixed your post for you. :D

Short Leash Hootie
07-26-2006, 06:14 PM
man, he looked like a monster those first few possessions last year (no joke, lol)...too bad he hurt his foot.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-26-2006, 06:15 PM
Fixed your post for you. :D

My mistake. That's much more likely. :)

hypersensitiveZO6
07-26-2006, 06:30 PM
I don't think he'll ever be what you expect out of a first rounder but I think he'll play better than previous years. Hell if he's playing at all that's better than previous years.

I don't know what he needs to do.

Lose Weight?

More Aggresiveness?

Attitude Change?

hypersensitiveZO6
07-26-2006, 06:36 PM
man, he looked like a monster those first few possessions last year (no joke, lol)...too bad he hurt his foot.

A few possessions? I want to see a full, consistant season.

CoMoChief
07-26-2006, 06:43 PM
Lets all hope he steps up or our pass rush is going to be no more than a big pile of poop.

ChiefFan31
07-26-2006, 06:43 PM
I don't know what he needs to do.

Lose Weight?

More Aggresiveness?

Attitude Change?

All three would be great.

Was talking about DT's at work today. Bastard Chargers have Jamal Williams and look to have struck gold with Luis Castillo.

I was like we dont even have one goot DT. Sims has talent or he wouldnt have been a 6 overall. Now step up and play dammit!!

hypersensitiveZO6
07-26-2006, 06:51 PM
Lets all hope he steps up or our pass rush is going to be no more than a big pile of poop.

:insert comment about starting a poop thread:

Mecca
07-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Castillos playing DE for the Chargers......It's hard to compare those 2 teams because they're in a 3-4 so basically their whole front line is DT's. They are asked to get no pressure they just hold lineman while the LB's do the work.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-26-2006, 06:53 PM
All three would be great.

Was talking about DT's at work today. Bastard Chargers have Jamal Williams and look to have struck gold with Luis Castillo.

I was like we dont even have one goot DT. Sims has talent or he wouldnt have been a 6 overall. Now step up and play dammit!!

Sims has the ability. :shrug:

ChiefFan31
07-26-2006, 07:25 PM
Sims has the ability. :shrug:

Exactly, he does have the ability or he wouldnt have been chosen 6th Overall in the draft.

He just needs to do those three things you posted above

alanm
07-26-2006, 07:29 PM
You do recall that he was back the last few games. Didn't stand out a whole lot but he was back.

Count Zarth
07-26-2006, 10:14 PM
Htismaqe thinks Sims is going to step up this year. Mostly because of Krumrie, probably. He has some inside info from some other source.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-27-2006, 09:16 AM
Htismaqe thinks Sims is going to step up this year. Mostly because of Krumrie, probably. He has some inside info from some other source.

I hope htismaqe is right. I don't know much about Krumie.

Hopefully he can get all the Dline ready to go.

htismaqe
07-27-2006, 09:26 AM
Yeah, my info comes from somebody that knows NFL defensive coaches, and he says Krumrie is going to make a big difference. He told me that he thinks Sims will have like 6 to 8 sacks this year. I hope he's right.

Hound333
07-27-2006, 09:48 AM
I have always thought Sims was a guy that needs someone great beside him. I think his stock was way to high because of his linemate in college.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-27-2006, 09:50 AM
Yeah, my info comes from somebody that knows NFL defensive coaches, and he says Krumrie is going to make a big difference. He told me that he thinks Sims will have like 6 to 8 sacks this year. I hope he's right.

6 to 8 sacks would be miraculous.

Along with Allen, possibly Hali, that would be something.

:thumb:

hypersensitiveZO6
07-27-2006, 09:55 AM
I have always thought Sims was a guy that needs someone great beside him. I think his stock was way to high because of his linemate in college.
He stock wasn't high at all when we selected him.

He was the most logically, safe draft pick at the time.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

That's just the way the draft goes.

htismaqe
07-27-2006, 10:00 AM
He stock wasn't high at all when we selected him.

He was the most logically, safe draft pick at the time.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

That's just the way the draft goes.

His stock wasn't high?

He was the concensus #1 DT in the draft and the Minnesota Vikings screwed up their pick because they wanted him and we traded up before them and took him...

hypersensitiveZO6
07-27-2006, 10:06 AM
His stock wasn't high?

He was the concensus #1 DT in the draft and the Minnesota Vikings screwed up their pick because they wanted him and we traded up before them and took him...Misunderstanding.

That's what I what trying to get at, but worded wrong.

Yes, at the time, he was the safest, most talented DT in the draft.

I remember not having a problem with the pick at all.

Rain Man
07-27-2006, 10:09 AM
I'm still mad that we traded up to get him. I thought we should have stayed where we were and taken Wendall Bryant.

And that last part doesn't disqualify me from indignation about the tradeup.

KCTitus
07-27-2006, 10:17 AM
I'm still mad that we traded up to get him. I thought we should have stayed where we were and taken Wendall Bryant.

Me too...except that I wanted KC to give the BB what it wanted and trade up to get Joey Harrington.