PDA

View Full Version : First time season ticket holder

The Dude Abides
07-26-2006, 11:19 PM
So this is my first time with season tickets, and never been to a season opener before. Im thinking it will be a little bigger than other regular season games. Maybe more fireworks, i dunno

58-4ever
07-26-2006, 11:21 PM
So this is my first time with season tickets, and never been to a season opener before. Im thinking it will be a little bigger than other regular season games. Maybe more fireworks, i dunno

Well, it is the weekend of September 11th. You'll definitely see very cool military aircraft. An air of patriotism and BBQ will be present as well.

BTW - very cool username nOOb.

mcan
07-26-2006, 11:22 PM
I can't really think of any big season openers that I've been to. I've been to quite a few games, but never had season tickets.

Congrats though. I wish I had the money for that kinda thing, and I'd be there with bells and streamers... Every week. In fact, one of the first things I do with my lottery winnings will be to get lifetime suite at Arrowhead. You think a couple hundred thousand will do it?

|Zach|
07-26-2006, 11:24 PM
There is a sort of electric feeling with the coming of a new season in a season opener...

So much promise comes with a new season before the Chiefs dash it.

heh. I still get excited though. Should be fun to watch this team go to work.

58-4ever
07-26-2006, 11:25 PM
There is a sort of electric feeling with the coming of a new season in a season opener...

So much promise comes with a new season before the Chiefs dash it.

heh. I still get excited though. Should be fun to watch this team go to work.

A Dick phrase. I like it. Go to work!

|Zach|
07-26-2006, 11:27 PM
A Dick phrase. I like it. Go to work!
I like saying it but for some reason I was always annoyed with how he would say it.

I think I got it from my old high school coach. He used to say it alot but in a normal sense...none of this "GOTTA GO TO WORK" yelling bullshit.

More so...I really enjoy watching that team work on Sundays.

Hm, ya. Cant believe I just wrote this whole post.

The Dude Abides
07-26-2006, 11:34 PM
ZachKC, the dude on your avatar looks like my roomate. Stoner smile and all

|Zach|
07-26-2006, 11:43 PM
ZachKC, the dude on your avatar looks like my roomate. Stoner smile and all
I think everyone has had "that roomate" in one form or another.

ROFL

ChiefsCountry
07-26-2006, 11:51 PM
I have been to one opener, 98 vs. Raiduhs. Wasnt much different from any other game I have attended. It was the night DT had 6 sacks, yet the loudest cheer was when Grbac got hurt.

alanm
07-26-2006, 11:58 PM
You know if the Chiefs lose it means you're bad Ju-ju and you can't go back. :)

Mecca
07-26-2006, 11:59 PM
I think everyone has had "that roomate" in one form or another.

ROFL

If you add some long hair..........that roommate would be well me.

The Dude Abides
07-27-2006, 12:13 AM
Well, I've been to 7 games, and we won 6 of them. Only loss was a bitter ass cold one to the Bills, of all teams. That sucked. So really they should pay ME to go there! 6 of 7 isnt bad at all

luv
07-27-2006, 02:23 AM
My first Chiefs game, they lost to the Texans a few years ago. They lost the preseason game I went to versus Arizona last year. Third time was a charm. They whooped Denver in the freezing cold. I went to the Bengals game on New year's this year, but I just went for the tailgating. Stayed in the car during the game. We won that one too, though.

The Dude Abides
07-27-2006, 02:36 AM
That was another cold one, the donks last december. There for that one to. Also was there for the last second LJ touchdown against the faders, a memory for the ages.

|Zach|
07-27-2006, 02:45 AM
You just sat in a car for a whole game. That sucks.

luv
07-27-2006, 02:47 AM
You just sat in a car for a whole game. That sucks.
I went in order to have something to do on New Years. I could have gotten a ticket for cheap, but I didn't want to sit by myself around people I didn't know. I'm just introverted like that.

Predarat
07-27-2006, 10:53 AM
At the Titans games there is always more electricity before and at the beggining of the opening game. Then they start to suck and it becomes more like Church the rest of the year.

BigRedChief
07-27-2006, 11:01 AM
I went in order to have something to do on New Years. I could have gotten a ticket for cheap, but I didn't want to sit by myself around people I didn't know. I'm just introverted like that.
WTF? why didn't you stop by the tailgate? Stevie Ray was there. Phobia and about 30 other dudes and dudettes.

Opening day is way cooler than most days. you don't get fly overs etc in mid Novemeber. The electricity and hope is in of itself makes a great pre game atmosphere.

I've only missed a handful of pre season games since I became a season ticket holder in 1997.

KCTitus
07-27-2006, 11:11 AM
So this is my first time with season tickets...

Congrats, hopefully, you'll do the season tickets more proud than the bandwagon that owned them before you.

Braincase
07-27-2006, 11:26 AM
Imagine you're a heroin junkie, the only thing available is a month of methadone after what seems likes month since your last fix. Then, you hool up with the cleanest stuff ever, and there's no sickness.

It's kind of like that... from what I hear.

Cue "Comfortably Numb"

Sully
07-27-2006, 11:30 AM
Home Opener!??!

You'll be excited to know they have instituted a pre-opening game ritual of RELEASING BALLOONS FROM BOXES!!! Big time, baby, big time. The Chiefs stop at nothing to bring the best in state of the art pregame entertainment, especially int he home opener. You lucky SOB.

|Zach|
07-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Home Opener!??!

You'll be excited to know they have instituted a pre-opening game ritual of RELEASING BALLOONS FROM BOXES!!! Big time, baby, big time. The Chiefs stop at nothing to bring the best in state of the art pregame entertainment, especially int he home opener. You lucky SOB.
ROFL

shaneo69
07-27-2006, 11:55 AM

I hear that there will be a new-and-improved KC Wolf pre-game skit this year for opening day. I have an inside source with the Chiefs, and he told me that they're going to have a fake jail set up on the field, and guys dressed in Odell Thurman, Chris Henry, and Ahmad Brooks jerseys are going to be rounded up and thrown in the jail by KCW. Should be a hoot.

KCTitus
07-27-2006, 12:18 PM
I hear that there will be a new-and-improved KC Wolf pre-game skit this year for opening day. I have an inside source with the Chiefs, and he told me that they're going to have a fake jail set up on the field, and guys dressed in Odell Thurman, Chris Henry, and Ahmad Brooks jerseys are going to be rounded up and thrown in the jail by KCW. Should be a hoot.

Is it legal to post Premium Content from that other site on this site for free?