PDA

View Full Version : Siavii - Is there hope?

Line Judge
07-27-2006, 12:14 AM
Found this on the kcchiefs website. Is this just PR or is there something to this? Or is he now beyond hope?

"Mammoth defensive tackle was the Chiefs top selection in the 2004 NFL Draft, joining the club as a second-round choice (36th overall) ... Powerful performer rededicated himself this off-season after serving as a reserve defensive tackle in his first two professional seasons … Was a fixture in the weight room during the off-season, and was one of the most consistent participants in the club’s strength and conditioning program … Expected to compete for a larger role on the Chiefs defense in 2006 … Has shown glimpes of his vast potential as a run stuffer and pass rusher on the interior of the defensive front … Looks to make a bigger contribution as a member of the club’s defensive line rotation in 2006 under the guidance of defensive line coach Tim Krumrie, who earned a pair of Pro Bowl berths as a defensive tackle

Mecca
07-27-2006, 12:20 AM
Problem with this is........He doesn't fit a cover 2 at all.

Rudy lost the toss
07-27-2006, 12:21 AM
no

Halfcan
07-27-2006, 12:21 AM
Okay I am done laughing now.

I think it was a misprint-It was suppose to say "Mammoth fatazz who was slow, stupid, arrested, and a huge disapointment his first two years, realizes he is going to get cut. He hung around the weightroom to make it look like he gives a shit before going on the IR and collecting a paycheck for 2006."

I absolutely refuse to have any hope for Spithood Slavil until he plays at least one good game.

Halfcan
07-27-2006, 12:23 AM

He is good at covering the bench with his lazy fat azz.

Guru
07-27-2006, 12:25 AM
Absolutely no hope whatsoever.

Miles
07-27-2006, 12:25 AM

Good point. I am trying to think of a successful cover 2 defense that had a big ass plug the hole DT. I still have some hope for him being useful for some reason.

greg63
07-27-2006, 12:26 AM

Yup! "All is lost, ALL IS LOST!"

jidar
07-27-2006, 12:27 AM
Hey I like your attitude Halfcan but don't you think you're being a little too optimistic?

Halfcan
07-27-2006, 12:33 AM
Hey I like your attitude Halfcan but don't you think you're being a little too optimistic?

Yeah, your right, maybe Joe Phillips will let him crash out in his card board box shack when he moves back to Oregon.

Mecca
07-27-2006, 12:34 AM
I personally would like to know what the name Halfcan even means, is it like a beer reference?

beer bacon
07-27-2006, 12:48 AM
He could still find a place in the rotation as a run stuffer if he actually has started/will start taking the game seriously. If he is actually taking his weight training seriously then that is a good sign.

Halfcan
07-27-2006, 12:56 AM
He could still find a place in the rotation as a run stuffer if he actually has started/will start taking the game seriously. If he is actually taking his weight training seriously then that is a good sign.

I agree with that-the man is HUGE. Could he be the next Dan Saleamua? An Immovable dominating force that pushes the whole pile backward into Hali and Allen????

ehhh nope!

Mecca
07-27-2006, 12:57 AM
Dan Saleamua wasn't really a force........He just had 2 great players on the ends with him so teams didn't focus on him so it allowed him to get free and make some plays.

Halfcan
07-27-2006, 12:57 AM
I personally would like to know what the name Halfcan even means, is it like a beer reference?

When I was 12 I didn't like the taste of the last half of the beer-backwash-so my friend called me Halfcan. I drink bottles only now but still don't finish the last drink.

Halfcan
07-27-2006, 12:59 AM
Dan Saleamua wasn't really a force........He just had 2 great players on the ends with him so teams didn't focus on him so it allowed him to get free and make some plays.

yep, but I didn't see him get pushed backward very often and he was a hard hitter too.

greg63
07-27-2006, 01:00 AM
yep, but I didn't see him get pushed backward very often and he was a hard hitter too.

Dan was the man! IMO.

That is all. :D

PunkinDrublic
07-27-2006, 01:12 AM
I share Halfcans frustrations with Siavii. IMO it's pics like Siavii, Sims, Eric Downing, Eric The helmet smash guy, etc that has greatly caused the downfall of our defense. We simply are not drafting enough DL who can step in and contribute. IMO Siavii was one of our worst draft day decisions ever. Our coaches marvled at his size and thought they could all of a sudden turn him into a productive DL in the NFL. I hope he can turn it around and play well for us but I sincerely doubt it will happen. This guy was a project with a checkered past who really had no business being selected where he did.

Halfcan
07-27-2006, 01:23 AM
I share Halfcans frustrations with Siavii. IMO it's pics like Siavii, Sims, Eric Downing, Eric The helmet smash guy, etc that has greatly caused the downfall of our defense. We simply are not drafting enough DL who can step in and contribute. IMO Siavii was one of our worst draft day decisions ever. Our coaches marvled at his size and thought they could all of a sudden turn him into a productive DL in the NFL. I hope he can turn it around and play well for us but I sincerely doubt it will happen. This guy was a project with a checkered past who really had no business being selected where he did.

I agree totally!!
Some called it a reach, more like a reach around-cause we took it in the azz with this pic.

It pissed me off more when he got in trouble and never really seemed to give a good effort. With the exception of one play that stands out. He pushed the O gaurd aside and got a nice hit and sack on the QB-it might have been his only one.

htismaqe
07-27-2006, 08:00 AM

GOOD coaches find ways to make guys fit.

StcChief
07-27-2006, 09:11 AM
Savaii and Sims are on their last legs here.
They both need to have a real good season to continue in NFL for Chiefs or anyone else.

I think they both know it and Krumrie will make/break them.

Logical
07-27-2006, 09:14 AM
Siavii - Is there hope?

NO

the Talking Can
07-27-2006, 09:14 AM
when and where has he "shown glimpses of his vast potential as a run stuffer?"

in the weight room, during the offseason?

at Hardees? in Jail?

Rain Man
07-27-2006, 09:18 AM
If he wants to play, he can. I saw a couple of plays last year where Siavii was dominant. Then I saw another 50 where he stood up and leaned against the guard without moving, and another 500 where he sat on the bench eating hot dogs.

morphius
07-27-2006, 09:21 AM
--> Tim Krumrie <--

is the only hope for this guy, period. There are occasionally times where a change of scenery help a player, and occasionally when a change of coaches does as well.

But lets just say, I'm NOT getting my hopes up.

HemiEd
07-27-2006, 09:32 AM
I still have hope for him. I remember the storys about his life prior to the Chiefs, being not too different than our current number 1 choice. There were articles in all of the mags about how much he had gone through to get here and how rough he had it.

htismaqe
07-27-2006, 09:35 AM
I still have hope for him. I remember the storys about his life prior to the Chiefs, being not too different than our current number 1 choice. There were articles in all of the mags about how much he had gone through to get here and how rough he had it.

Of course, I don't think Hali was arrested prior to the draft like Siavii...

HemiEd
07-27-2006, 09:42 AM
Of course, I don't think Hali was arrested prior to the draft like Siavii...

True, but both do have 3rd world countries in their background. I forgot where Siavii was from, but he had it pretty rough even after getting here.
Hali has his Father, Siavii was all by himself.

sedated
If he was going to be a dominant force, he probably would have shown something by now.

I just hope he can be servicable as a starter

Baby Lee
Siavii - Is there hope?

NO
Thanks Log, I've never been more optimistic about Siavii than at this very moment. ;)

Hound333
07-27-2006, 09:45 AM
No Hali wasn't arrested but I get scared when I hear people talking about the Chiefs reaching for someone in the early rounds. We have been burned before on it. Not saying Hali will be a bust. He will have his chance. Just saying given the track record of our picks. I wouldn't bet against him being a bust.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-27-2006, 09:45 AM
There's no hope.

htismaqe
07-27-2006, 09:48 AM
No Hali wasn't arrested but I get scared when I hear people talking about the Chiefs reaching for someone in the early rounds. We have been burned before on it. Not saying Hali will be a bust. He will have his chance. Just saying given the track record of our picks. I wouldn't bet against him being a bust.

WE DID NOT REACH FOR HALI.

Please STFU now.

ChiefaRoo
07-27-2006, 09:53 AM
I agree, Jr. is a complete bust. He has all the physical tools but he has no clue how to use them and what it means to be a champion. It's unfortunate but I suspect he'll be out of the league by next year. I just hope he knows how to take care of the money he's made. I suspect he has no clue about how to handle cash either.

InChiefsHell
07-27-2006, 09:55 AM
Siavii is from Hawaii...hardly a third world country. But having said that, he had a very hard time growing up and when he came to the lower 48 to "play football" he wound up being used as pretty much slave labor for some dude...he actually lived in a box in the park for awhile as I recall. SO yeah, I was excited about his size and strength, and I ASSUMED that given his background, he would shine in the NFL...so far that's not the case...

ChiefaRoo
07-27-2006, 10:09 AM
He's from American Samoa not Hawaii. Pago Pago to be exact.

Rain Man
07-27-2006, 10:10 AM
Pago Pago? I thought he was from Walla Walla.

Logical
07-27-2006, 10:13 AM
True, but both do have 3rd world countries in their background. I forgot where Siavii was from, but he had it pretty rough even after getting here.
Hali has his Father, Siavii was all by himself.

America Samoa is not exactly a true 3rd world country.

Rain Man
07-27-2006, 10:14 AM
Are we sure he's not from New York, New York?

And yeah, Samoa's not even in the same league as a place like Liberia. Samoa is kind of a practice squad state for the U.S.

Baby Lee
07-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Pago Pago? I thought he was from Walla Walla.
Boken acca meech-sai!!

"I'm trying to reach Phoenix, and they give me Fiji???!!!"

Chiefnj
07-27-2006, 10:20 AM
Yes, there is hope.

Siavii was a huge reach in the early 2nd round. He was extremely raw and everyone knew he was a large developmental project. Based on his inexperience it was unrealistic to think he would do much his first two years in the NFL. Look how long it takes some 1st and 2nd round players who started 4 years in a major collegiate program to get accustomed to the NFL. Mitchell took a full 3 years before it clicked and he had a lot more experience than Siavii did.

This is the year that Siavii should emerge - if he can stay healthy and get on the field.

Fruit Ninja
07-27-2006, 10:24 AM
He was supposed to be a project so i didnt expect much of him this the first 2 years. Now year 3, if he dont get some play time, cut his ass.

InChiefsHell
07-27-2006, 10:30 AM
Boken acca meech-sai!!

"I'm trying to reach Phoenix, and they give me Fiji???!!!"

Holy Crap, I actually remember that commercial...

ChiefaRoo
07-27-2006, 10:39 AM
I think he's a simpleton and just doesn't get it but I hope I'm wrong

Mr. Laz
07-27-2006, 10:53 AM
there's hope because he has the physically skills to be a NFL player.

but hope is slim because brainpan is defective.

DiaperBoy27
07-27-2006, 11:01 AM
at least we got Kris Wilson in the same round, or that draft would be totally f#cked

CoMoChief
07-27-2006, 11:14 AM
Siavii was the biggest reach I have seen in a LONG time. The guy was supposed to be maybe a 4th-5th round pick (projected at least). I can't believe we wasted a 2nd round pick on him. Hell we even traded down that year when we could have gotten Darnell Dockett or Bob Sanders.

Hound333
07-28-2006, 07:26 AM
WE DID NOT REACH FOR HALI.

Please STFU now.

I wasn't saying we reached. I was saying the commentators were saying that. Which given our recent picks can scare me. I will watch Hali play in season before I make any judgements on my own.

the Talking Can
07-28-2006, 07:49 AM
at least we got Kris Wilson in the same round, or that draft would be totally f#cked

come on guys, that was funny...

R&GHomer
07-28-2006, 11:03 AM
come on guys, that was funny...

It might be if it wasn't so ****ing depressing :mad:

chagrin
07-28-2006, 11:06 AM

Excellent, let the hate flow through your body, young Skywalker

I really like that avatar

chief2000
07-28-2006, 11:13 AM