PDA

View Full Version : Teicher: Kennison prepared to hold out, may leave camp

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Mecca
07-27-2006, 08:37 PM
Wow, a 500 post thread. Ty Law never got this kind of attention on one thread. PAY THE MAN CARL!!!! :cuss:

Alot of these posts are talking about how you shouldn't be paying a 33 year old WR a big contract though.........

I think any decent WR could do what Kennison does, it's not like he's the first option, or deals with double teams or defenses focusing to stop him.

Valiant
07-27-2006, 08:41 PM
Let's look at the other view of this.......2 of the better run franchises in our conference. Pats and Steelers, they don't cave into demands by veterans entering the downsides of their career........I seem to recall the Pats telling this guy Lawyer Milloy to get to steppin when he pulled something like this.

Hogwash..

Why we know its the right thing to do, to pay a 33 year old WR that has not even cracked the top 40 in receptions the last two years.. Hell EK had 102 receptions just last year, oh wait no that was our TE... The focal point and real #1 WR on our team...

People are just thinking one step in front of them if we pay a huge new contract.. As EK only has one or two years left on our team, a new contract would just hurt us later when he retires...

----

EK has been a good average WR for us, but he has not been a star..

philfree
07-27-2006, 09:17 PM
But Eddie did not sign a new contract this year, he signed last year... He wants to be paid as a top WR...

The guy does not get seperation, he is not a sure thing like other slower WR when it comes big catches.. He is not the focal point of a defense... Defenses try and stop our running game and then our TE first... Hell EK is usually the 3rd look on our O, and will be less IF Parker comes into his own this year...

EK gets so many yards per catch to get a 1000 because of those other players not because of his skill.. If TG did not demand a double team and get the better CB half the time do you think EK would even get 800 yards??

If the guy would be happy with a minimal raise great, but if wants to be paid 5-6 million a year he needs to be let go...

We must be watching a different Eddie because there are times he is so wide open it's rediculous.

PhilFree::arrow:

NewChief
07-27-2006, 09:25 PM
I'm not completely sure what Eddie's agent is thinking. He's not going to get a contract like he currently has if we cut him this close to the season.

He thinks he has the organization between a rock and a hard place. I don't think that EK or his agent honestly believe that Eddie is one of the stellar WRs in the league, but they do think that the Chiefs need him and have been and will continue to use him as a #1 WR. As such, the agent wants to secure more money for his client. I honestly believe that it's a big bluff, and the EK side doesn't truly want him hitting the open market. They may, however, be able to secure a little more money for EK through this move. I don't really like it, and I wish Eddie wouldn't have done it. That being said, it's a business for most of these guys. If you sense an opportunity to get more money, especially toward the end of your earning potential in what will likely be your last contract, then you do it.

My feelings are pretty conflicted on the whole thing. As I said, I wish he wouldn't have done it, but it's not particularly surprising, even if it is self-serving. In the best of worlds, we'd have a stud WR through free agency or the draft, making Eddie's entire bluff a moot point. Unfortunately, that didn't happen, and we find ourselves in this situation. Being in this situation, I hope they just pay him some more money (not necessarily the amount he's talking), make him happy, and keep our offense rolling. If we don't need EK to make the offense roll, then that's great and I'll admit I was wrong. I feel, though, that EK is Trent's primary target atm, and I don't know that any of the other receivers have built the same rapport and trust with Trent that EK has.

Iowanian
07-27-2006, 09:30 PM
booooooo Holdout.

Hoooooraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Beer.

http://derekstubbs.com/wp/images/redstripe.jpg

OnTheWarpath58
07-27-2006, 09:34 PM
booooooo Holdout.

Hoooooraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Beer.

http://derekstubbs.com/wp/images/redstripe.jpg

Hopefully, we can say, Hoooraaaay CP.

Sounds like he's gonna hold firm on this one.

If he caves, he's setting a TERRIBLE precedent for the coming years.

Dangerous considering LJ and Allen are due to get paid.

Iowanian
07-27-2006, 09:48 PM
I fear this is going to be my "new thing" for a stint.

MyChiefConcern
07-27-2006, 10:02 PM
I understand the reasoning behind not paying him more. What I don't get is the insistence by some that we wouldn't miss him at all.

Have we been watching the same Chiefs?

Deberg_1990
07-27-2006, 10:09 PM
The guy does not get seperation, he is not a sure thing like other slower WR when it comes big catches..

Yea, because a guy who has back to back 1000 yard recieving seasons fails to get seperation! WTF???

Rausch
07-27-2006, 10:21 PM
But Eddie did not sign a new contract this year, he signed last year... He wants to be paid as a top WR...

The guy does not get seperation, he is not a sure thing like other slower WR when it comes big catches...

If by slower you mean he's one of the 15 fastest wr's in the league, then yeah...

PastorMikH
07-27-2006, 10:53 PM
I just caught all of this. Kennison should fire his agent. The guy already screwed Kennison's current contract up by not including more performance based incentives and such. Now he's about to get his client to do something that will get him declared in-elegible for the upcoming season.

Kennison has racked up the numbers sure, but he's missed some really clutch catches that could have made some huge differences for the Chiefs in getting to and playing the next game in playoffs.

Perhaps if Kennison wanted payed, he should have stayed in Denver until his contract there was up, THEN seek a payday with his next team.

BTW, Eddie, why didn't you bring this up while the Chiefs still had cap space???

Even though it may put the team in a bind, I'm all for Carl playing hardball with EK.

booger
07-27-2006, 11:10 PM
I guess I just don't get what his agent is ****ing thinking. If they brought this up in the spring he should have never attended or quit attending offseason workouts, ota's and minicamp. He whined when we showed interest in TO. That's fine, I understand that. We probably shut him up when we said we really just didn't want to see him in Denver. Keyshawn was basically a one sided interest on his part to drive up his market value with one more team interested and I don't think we were ever even a minor player for Moulds.

The only way he would have came close to a Randle El deal or David Givens would be if he was a FA this past offseason. And then they would only come close to $$ and not years with his age.

The only way he could have picked up a contract xtension like Terry Glenn would have been for his agent to persistantly bitch and complain while using their research, ranks and stats to back that up.

I don't think that they get it. Negotiating or bitching through the media rarely helps matters. It's just plain stupid with KC as the past will tell you it just turns CP into a prick.

It doesn't help matters that he is Eddie Kennison and his track record prior to coming to KC flat out sucks. He takes 5 and a half seasons of reviving his career and pisses his image away by this recent article. When a player bitchs about a contract and threats to sit out or leave camp or hope for his release/trade, fine. It's the NFL that happens. But when you are EK and the man who saved your career is no longer the HC and he and his wife are no longer here to tell you everything is ok, People tend to believe that maybe all the past problems aren't gone and maybe you havn't really grown up yet.

booger
07-27-2006, 11:12 PM
I just caught all of this. Kennison should fire his agent. The guy already screwed Kennison's current contract up by not including more performance based incentives and such. Now he's about to get his client to do something that will get him declared in-elegible for the upcoming season.

Kennison has racked up the numbers sure, but he's missed some really clutch catches that could have made some huge differences for the Chiefs in getting to and playing the next game in playoffs.

Perhaps if Kennison wanted payed, he should have stayed in Denver until his contract there was up, THEN seek a payday with his next team.

BTW, Eddie, why didn't you bring this up while the Chiefs still had cap space???

Even though it may put the team in a bind, I'm all for Carl playing hardball with EK.
You pretty much summed up what I was trying to say in many less words. :) I agree

philfree
07-27-2006, 11:19 PM
I guess I just don't get what his agent is ****ing thinking. If they brought this up in the spring he should have never attended or quit attending offseason workouts, ota's and minicamp. He whined when we showed interest in TO. That's fine, I understand that. We probably shut him up when we said we really just didn't want to see him in Denver. Keyshawn was basically a one sided interest on his part to drive up his market value with one more team interested and I don't think we were ever even a minor player for Moulds.

The only way he would have came close to a Randle El deal or David Givens would be if he was a FA this past offseason. And then they would only come close to $$ and not years with his age.

The only way he could have picked up a contract xtension like Terry Glenn would have been for his agent to persistantly bitch and complain while using their research, ranks and stats to back that up.

I don't think that they get it. Negotiating or bitching through the media rarely helps matters. It's just plain stupid with KC as the past will tell you it just turns CP into a prick.

It doesn't help matters that he is Eddie Kennison and his track record prior to coming to KC flat out sucks. He takes 5 and a half seasons of reviving his career and pisses his image away by this recent article. When a player bitchs about a contract and threats to sit out or leave camp or hope for his release/trade, fine. It's the NFL that happens. But when you are EK and the man who saved your career is no longer the HC and he and his wife are no longer here to tell you everything is ok, People tend to believe that maybe all the past problems aren't gone and maybe you havn't really grown up yet.

That's just silly. This is the status quo in the NFL business. I just hope it doesn't cause any real problems.

PhilFree:arrow::

PastorMikH
07-27-2006, 11:20 PM
There's a way to take care of this.

Carl: "Solari, send Eddie accross the middle"

Solari: "You got it Mr. Peterson"

Carl: "Solary, Tell Trent to throw the ball high to Eddie"

Solari: "Will do Mr. Peterson"

Carl: "Gun, send Law in on Eddie, let's see if he can still hit"

Gun: "Heh, heh, heh"

Carl: "Gee Eddie, that looked like it hurt. You wanna drop this contract talk or try that again?"

:)

Mecca
07-27-2006, 11:24 PM
That's just silly. This is the status quo in the NFL business. I just hope it doesn't cause any real problems.

People think it because I think most of us don't think he'd have pulled this if Vermiel was still here........Of course if Vermiel was here he'd have taken care of his buddy and he'd probably have a Eric Hicks esq contract and we wouldn't have Ty Law so there's that I guess.

booger
07-27-2006, 11:34 PM

Maybe a poor choice of words or going a bit overboard, but I don't see it as silly at all.

Think like a GM for a moment. He gets his wish and is released. What do you think the negiotations with his agent would be like? They will bring up every little problem or so called problem he has had.

Maybe Saunders could get him a visit in WASH based on their relationship. Well have fun playing 4 string there. Heck, he might even be able to start in Philly. Enjoy your 1-2 yr league minimum contract loaded with incentives. That's there policy for other teams players over 30.

I'm sure DV would be happy to put in a few calls to whoever has interest. Cap space is dried up though and even if he does a 1 yr deal next years market for a 34 yr old wideout will be even worse.

His agent totally screwed the pooch. I have no problem whatsoever with him being upset at being underpaid. I actually agree with him. I think he is actually a very good teamate and person.

Problem is that the circumstances with our team and the 1 yr possibly two year window is that reduing or extending his contract does nothing but hurt us in the future.

From a PR standpoint this does nothing but hurt things. The front office has everything in place for Herm to make a solid run at things this year. All rookies signed ty law done, and then the night before the flight to camp comes they pull this crap? I just don't see how this article helps things from he and his agents perspective.

In fact, i think he possibly just bought a one way ticket out of town no later than this offseason. Just have to see how it plays out.

philfree
07-27-2006, 11:39 PM
People think it because I think most of us don't think he'd have pulled this if Vermiel was still here........Of course if Vermiel was here he'd have taken care of his buddy and he'd probably have a Eric Hicks esq contract and we wouldn't have Ty Law so there's that I guess.

I don't think DV being gone has anything to do with it. This is Kennison's last chance to make bank and he is underpaid compared to the other #1 WRs in the league. DV might have been able to keep Eddie from doing anything rash but this is just business to me. Since Eddie and his agent approached Carl about this in the Spring and we just heard from Eddie I'm pretty sure his comments in the press are motivated by being told no and then watching Ty Law get big money as an incoming FA. I can't really blame him for that. Not saying I like it but I can uunderstand where he's coming from. It's not like he's wanting top WR money he just wants a raise to bring him up to scale with the rest of the #1 WRs in the league. I unjderstand Carl's stance too because he's trying to put together a Champion and Eddie is under contract. I hope Eddie realizes that he has a chance to get a ring this year and doesn't lose his head.

PhilFree:arrow:

booger
07-27-2006, 11:40 PM

I think he is missing guideance from DV. He could go to DV and one way or another they would take care of the problem. CP has no time for that. He probably isn't comfortable with Herm yet, understandibly so.

He probably is frustrated more than anthing else that this is his last chance at more money and it probably just won't work here. Allen, LJ, Tony G, Mitchell, all come higher up on the list before him with not much that can be done Cash/Cap wise anyway.

Mecca
07-27-2006, 11:41 PM
Other than Eddie Kennison is not a number 1 WR. If we had any concievable talent at the position he'd be a 2 like he should be. Paying him like a #1 to me is very stupid, especially when factoring in his age.

philfree
07-27-2006, 11:42 PM
Maybe a poor choice of words or going a bit overboard, but I don't see it as silly at all.

Think like a GM for a moment. He gets his wish and is released. What do you think the negiotations with his agent would be like? They will bring up every little problem or so called problem he has had.

Maybe Saunders could get him a visit in WASH based on their relationship. Well have fun playing 4 string there. Heck, he might even be able to start in Philly. Enjoy your 1-2 yr league minimum contract loaded with incentives. That's there policy for other teams players over 30.

I'm sure DV would be happy to put in a few calls to whoever has interest. Cap space is dried up though and even if he does a 1 yr deal next years market for a 34 yr old wideout will be even worse.

His agent totally screwed the pooch. I have no problem whatsoever with him being upset at being underpaid. I actually agree with him. I think he is actually a very good teamate and person.

Problem is that the circumstances with our team and the 1 yr possibly two year window is that reduing or extending his contract does nothing but hurt us in the future.

From a PR standpoint this does nothing but hurt things. The front office has everything in place for Herm to make a solid run at things this year. All rookies signed ty law done, and then the night before the flight to camp comes they pull this crap? I just don't see how this article helps things from he and his agents perspective.

In fact, i think he possibly just bought a one way ticket out of town no later than this offseason. Just have to see how it plays out.

The part I put in bold was silly is what I meant.

MyChiefConcern
07-27-2006, 11:43 PM
If we had any concievable talent at the position he'd be a 2 like he should be.

But that's the whole point. Outside of Eddie, we have no real talent at the WR position.

booger
07-27-2006, 11:44 PM
The part I put in bold was silly is what I meant.

Yep, i understood yah. :thumb:

philfree
07-27-2006, 11:46 PM
Other than Eddie Kennison is not a number 1 WR. If we had any concievable talent at the position he'd be a 2 like he should be. Paying him like a #1 to me is very stupid, especially when factoring in his age.

That's your opinion but the fact is he is our #1 WR and he has loads of talent. He is fast and run's good routes and he knows our O very well and is really a perfect fit in our O with his skills.

Mecca
07-27-2006, 11:46 PM
But that's the whole point. Outside of Eddie, we have no real talent at the WR position.

Well there's talent it's just unproven talent. Which doesn't surprise me that much Vermiel and Saunders didn't play young players unless they had no choice at all. We had a guy like Chris Horn on the damn team when Thorpe should have been seeing that playing time last year preparing to possibly start this year........

Mecca
07-27-2006, 11:47 PM
That's your opinion but the fact is he is our #1 WR and he has loads of talent. He is fast and run's good routes and he knows our O very well and is really a perfect fit in our O with his skills.

But he's old.........Like I said in this thread many times if he was 25-27 and ascending no problem, but he's not in that position.

BigRock
07-27-2006, 11:49 PM
The article is posted at the top of every page of this topic, I think it'd really help if more people started reading it.

Of course if Vermiel was here he'd have taken care of his buddy and he'd probably have a Eric Hicks esq contract and we wouldn't have Ty Law so there's that I guess.
There's a whole other issue. How many people who've contributed less than Eddie have been taken care of over the past few years? Hicks, Woods, Wesley, I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. But when it's time to reward someone who really deserves it, Carl pulls his pockets inside out and cries poverty.

Maybe if he hadn't spent the last few years giving out new deals for all those standout defensive performances, they'd have the money to give some to a guy like Eddie who actually produces AND still have enough to sign guys like Law. Carl's fault, not Eddie's.

philfree
07-27-2006, 11:49 PM

Actually I think Parker has a ton of talent but he's still learning. After that you're porbably right.

PastorMikH
07-27-2006, 11:52 PM
The article is posted at the top of every page of this topic, I think it'd really help if more people started reading it.

Gee, I GUESS I DID - DUH!

Closer to home, the Chiefs just signed free-agent cornerback Ty Law to a five-year, $30 million deal.

Suddenly, Kennison’s contract isn’t as attractive, and this week he decided to do something about it.

Yeah, like I said, why is HE JUST NOW BRINGING THIS UP??? I think the "This week he decided to do something about it" taken from the article - at the top of each page states - backs what I typed.

Mecca
07-27-2006, 11:53 PM

There's a whole other issue. How many people who've contributed less than Eddie have been taken care of over the past few years? Hicks, Woods, Wesley, I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. But when it's time to reward someone who really deserves it, Carl pulls his pockets inside out and cries poverty.

Maybe if he hadn't spent the last few years giving out new deals for all those standout defensive performances, they'd have the money to give some to a guy like Eddie who actually produces AND still have enough to sign guys like Law. Carl's fault, not Eddie's.

Carl and Vermiel......it was pretty obvious Dick had alot of say over our roster. Vermiel was far to attached to guys like Hicks and Woods that was blatantly obvious. I don't think we should have kept any of those guys either but here's the thing, when they got new contracts they were FA's........Eddie isn't a FA.

booger
07-27-2006, 11:54 PM

That's kind of part of the whole point why they won't redo/extend him.
Hopefully they have learn from mistakes. Can't redo his deal, others might follow. Can't extend him, 1-2 years down the line that hurts the cap when you release him.

tk13
07-28-2006, 12:02 AM
Carl and Vermiel......it was pretty obvious Dick had alot of say over our roster. Vermiel was far to attached to guys like Hicks and Woods that was blatantly obvious. I don't think we should have kept any of those guys either but here's the thing, when they got new contracts they were FA's........Eddie isn't a FA.
I don't think that's nearly as true as you believe. If DV had his way our DE's would've been Grant Wistrom and whoever we drafted instead of LJ. Probably wouldn't have been a better team... but the whole DV/Hicks thing is way overblown. The only reason Hicks played so much was because our draft picks flopped and Carlos Hall couldn't stay healthy. I think DV put a lot of the initial offensive parts together but the last couple years Carl had his fingers in the cookie jar quite a bit. That last offseason was all him and Gunther, and the offseason before was the one where DV complained to the media because Carl said we were "cashed out" and we didn't sign anybody new.

philfree
07-28-2006, 12:03 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/15131057.htm

New deal wanted
Chiefs’ Kennison unhappy with contract and indicates he may leave camp if he can’t get raise or his release.

By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

Halfway through a six-year contract he signed in 2003, the Chiefs’ Eddie Kennison might have been able to live with the terms of the deal scheduled to pay him $2.1 million this season.

But offseason research by his agent, John Hamilton, showed Kennison to have the 45th-highest 2006 salary among the NFL’s 64 starting wide receivers. One of Kennison’s closest peers in terms of age and recent performance, Dallas’ Terry Glenn, recently received a lucrative contract extension.

Closer to home, the Chiefs just signed free-agent cornerback Ty Law to a five-year, $30 million deal.

Suddenly, Kennison’s contract isn’t as attractive, and this week he decided to do something about it.

Kennison said he would report to training camp with the Chiefs in time for the first practice Friday at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls. But he also indicated he might leave camp at some point if the Chiefs don’t either give him a new contract with a raise or release him.

“I will cross that bridge when I get to it,” Kennison said. “I will go to camp and work as hard as I’ve been working. I won’t have any bitter or sour attitudes in camp. …

“But when I signed my last contract with the Chiefs, I think we all know that if I hadn’t performed to expectations, I wouldn’t be here anymore. Well, I played beyond those expectations. Now it’s time for them to step up and compensate me for my performance compared to the guys in my peer group.

“I would hope the Chiefs would put me on waivers if they don’t want to step to the plate.”

The loss of Kennison would be a huge blow to the Chiefs. Kennison, who had more than 1,000 receiving yards in each of the last two seasons, is their only established wide receiver.

Samie Parker, the other starter, has shown promise — but between injuries and inconsistencies he hasn’t put together a full season. The other receivers are Dante Hall, whose value to the Chiefs has been as a kick-returner, and a collection of unproven younger players.

Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson did not respond to a request to answer questions on Kennison’s situation.

Kennison, who joined the Chiefs in 2001, is quietly becoming one of the franchise’s all-time receiving leaders. He ranks in the top 10 in virtually every major career receiving category. Only Kennison and Carlos Carson have put together back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons.

Kennison received about $6.6 million, including a signing bonus of $3.2 million, in the first three years of his current contract.

“The problem is that when Eddie signed that contract, the Chiefs had already paid Johnnie Morton to be their No. 1 receiver,” Hamilton said. “Eddie’s contract was not set up for him to be the No. 1 guy. It was set up for him to be the No. 2 guy. That deal is OK but not great with respect to a No. 2 receiver, but not a No. 1 receiver.”

Morton, a big-money free-agent addition in 2002, flopped and was released last year. Meanwhile, Kennison not only outplayed Morton, but his contract figures are being blown away in the current market.

For example, two players with inferior statistics to Kennison recently received exorbitant free-agent contracts. New England’s David Givens signed with Tennessee for $15.3 million over the next three seasons while Pittsburgh’s Antwaan Randle El signed with Washington for $11.2 million over the next two.

Kennison’s current contract calls for him to receive about $4.8 million over the next two seasons and $8.2 million over the next three. Kennison last season had more catches (68), yards (1,102) and touchdowns (five) than either Givens or Randle El.

“We can’t ignore what the marketplace has done,” Hamilton said.

The Chiefs might be hesitant to give big money to a 33-year-old wide receiver. If that’s their stance, it’s understandable. Kennison is at an age when players at his position tend to lose their skills rapidly.

“That is what they’ve told me is their concern,” Hamilton said. “But there are ways to give them some protection in case Eddie’s production falls way off.”

The Chiefs’ signing of the 32-year-old Law added to Kennison’s frustration

“I know Ty Law,” he said. “He’s a friend, and I’m excited he’s here. But, yeah, it’s a source of frustration. When you’ve been a part of an organization for some time, I think those guys in that organization need to be taken care of first.”

Kennison and Hamilton first contacted the Chiefs in the spring. Talks have been ongoing but fruitless.
Kennison initially thought about not reporting for camp. After discussions with his wife, Shimika, and Hamilton, Kennison decided against it.

His decision to report doesn’t necessarily mean he’s in it for the long haul.

“I have a responsibility to this organization and the 53 guys I dress with, so it came up quickly that I was not going to miss camp,” Kennison said. “I’m not a selfish, flashy kind of guy. I just want the world to know what’s going on with my situation.

“I love being a Kansas City Chief. I want to be here for the rest of my career. The Chiefs have not said they won’t take care of me. Carl has indicated to my agent they are willing to do something. We just need to get to a point where both parties are happy. Obviously, we’re not to that point yet, and I don’t think we’re even close.”

Check the bold print please.

Mecca
07-28-2006, 12:06 AM
I don't think that's nearly as true as you believe. If DV had his way our DE's would've been Grant Wistrom and whoever we drafted instead of LJ. Probably wouldn't have been a better team... but the whole DV/Hicks thing is way overblown. The only reason Hicks played so much was because our draft picks flopped and Carlos Hall couldn't stay healthy. I think DV put a lot of the initial offensive parts together but the last couple years Carl had his fingers in the cookie jar quite a bit. That last offseason was all him and Gunther, and the offseason before was the one where DV complained to the media because Carl said we were "cashed out" and we didn't sign anybody new.

The same Vermiel who said after 2003......our main priority is to sign our own free agents.......the same Vermiel who told Troy Vincent he'd have to compete for a job with William Bartee?

tk13
07-28-2006, 12:11 AM
The same Vermiel who said after 2003......our main priority is to sign our own free agents.......the same Vermiel who told Troy Vincent he'd have to compete for a job with William Bartee?
You can't believe everything he says to the press, you gotta go between the lines, coaches lie to the media all the time. He can't go out in the media and say "Oh yeah, we don't want that sucker" then look like an idiot when we sign him. We left Hicks hanging out there a long time, we definitely didn't move quickly on him like we did Woods and Wesley... let him visit Arizona, etc. Meanwhile, Grant Wistrom went to Seattle and they blew him away with an offer he couldn't refuse, because they knew he was coming to KC. If that doesn't happen, I doubt Hicks comes back.

Mecca
07-28-2006, 12:17 AM
You can't believe everything he says to the press, you gotta go between the lines, coaches lie to the media all the time. He can't go out in the media and say "Oh yeah, we don't want that sucker" then look like an idiot when we sign him. We left Hicks hanging out there a long time, we definitely didn't move quickly on him like we did Woods and Wesley... let him visit Arizona, etc. Meanwhile, Grant Wistrom went to Seattle and they blew him away with an offer he couldn't refuse, because they knew he was coming to KC. If that doesn't happen, I doubt Hicks comes back.

There's probably alot of truth in that, but what I'll go back on is Vermiel would fall in love with certain guys. Like I know for a fact going into the 2004 draft he was in love with Junior Siavii so we reach and take him, then we turn around and take a TE we don't need. I think both those picks had Vermiels fingerprints all over them.

Those 2 picks look really really bad now considering we should have 2 starters from those picks but we have guys who don't do anything....

booger
07-28-2006, 12:18 AM
Check the bold print please.

That's fine. It doesn't excuse the fact that he and the agent turned this into a distraction the day they left for camp. He could have told the agent or the agent decided the best approach was to stay on them, keep this out of the media and see how things work out.

Looks to me like CP said he has no problem with Eddie at all. As far as his threat, he can leave camp @14k per day and risk his season if that's what he wishes.

Looks like he told him you don't always get what you want and said no. Know he can either forget about it and go on while taking a punch to his ego, or go ahead with the threat and possibly lose his job.

tk13
07-28-2006, 12:22 AM
Just so I don't look crazy. All these years everybody goes on about DV and Hicks... and it's just not true... we probably would've dropped Hicks if it wasn't for the Seahawks. DV's loyalty often gets mixed up because he refused to show up a player in the media. I've always thought DV was 100 times smarter than given credit for, he always knew who to play up and who to prod through the media.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/don_banks/03/05/fa.update/index.html

Despite their best intentions, something must make teams lose focus and get caught up in a bidding war. Some general managers still act like it's their first time on eBay and they just have to win that auction.

"What happens is, you bring a player in and you fall in love with him,'' said one club official. "He's everything you thought he was and then some. The next thing you know, he says he really liked it but he has to catch a plane to his next visit. And you wind up doing whatever you think it'll take to prevent him from continuing his trips.

"You just can't let them leave, because at least with the first-wave guys, it seems like once a guy leaves the building, you don't get him back. He's gone. So you do something you probably shouldn't do in order to keep him there.''

Case in point: Everybody knew Wistrom, as the remaining highest-rated free-agent pass rusher, was in the driver's seat in the defensive end market once Kearse signed his eight-year, $66 million deal with Philadelphia.

Wistrom went to Seattle on Wednesday night, and the Seahawks never let him leave, giving him a six-year deal that included the $14 million to sign. Word is that Wistrom promised Kansas City he would visit before signing elsewhere. Wistrom and Chiefs head coach Dick Vermeil are close from their days together in St. Louis, where Vermeil drafted Wistrom in 1998.

But that courtesy went by the wayside, because the Seahawks kept jacking up their signing bonus every time Wistrom made a move toward the door. It was $10 million, then $11 million, then $12 million and so on, all the way until Wistrom hit his breaking point at $14 million. For that kind of money, you can issue the most heartfelt of apologies to even your best friend.

blueballs
07-28-2006, 12:23 AM
how come this so-called WR talent
could not beat out a 33 year old man

some talent

booger
07-28-2006, 12:24 AM
There's probably alot of truth in that, but what I'll go back on is Vermiel would fall in love with certain guys. Like I know for a fact going into the 2004 draft he was in love with Junior Siavii so we reach and take him, then we turn around and take a TE we don't need. I think both those picks had Vermiels fingerprints all over them.

Those 2 picks look really really bad now considering we should have 2 starters from those picks but we have guys who don't do anything....

Siavii was a had to pick. We had to have a DT. We signed Dalton shortly after the draft or right before and he turned out well. DV said he was a project but had great potential and athletic ability for his size. Lynn Stiles went on and on about how Siavii picked up the guard and threw him out of the way on this one play he saw against stanford.

Wilson was a Saunders pick. They didn't like the WR's at that spot so they to the best overall pass catcher. We locked into positions in certain rounds instead of best athlete available.

DV was very much a micromanager. Had to have all his guys and a huge staff but i think he was still a control freak that burnt him out in the first place in Philly.

He just Loved Tyler Brayton and Chris Kelsey the next Grant Wistroms though.

tk13
07-28-2006, 12:28 AM
To be honest, I always thought we wanted Olshansky in that draft, and the Chargers took him from under us, so we got his teammate.

Same thing with the LJ pick. There's still a part of me that thinks we were thinking about Jerome MacDougal with that pick. Maybe not.. but the Eagles jumped up a bunch of spots to the pick right in front of us to get him. Then we traded down.

Ultra Peanut
07-28-2006, 12:31 AM
This thread is quite long.

OnTheWarpath58
07-28-2006, 12:31 AM

They looked really, really bad then.......

Seeing as how we passed on a combination of:

Rashaun Woods
Karlos Dansby
Igor Olshansky
Keiwan Ratliff
Dwan Edwards
Madieu Williams
Darnell Dockett

Whoops......

Mecca
07-28-2006, 12:32 AM
They looked really, really bad then.......

Seeing as how we passed on a combination of:

Rashaun Woods
Karlos Dansby
Igor Olshansky
Keiwan Ratliff
Dwan Edwards
Madieu Williams
Darnell Dockett

Whoops......

Dansby and Dockett.......if we had them this defense would look 10 times better as we sit right now. I loved Dansby out of college too, I was rather upset when he fell and we didn't pick him.

BigRock
07-28-2006, 12:33 AM
Gee, I GUESS I DID - DUH!

You asked why Eddie didn't bring this up when the team had cap space. The article says:

Kennison and Hamilton first contacted the Chiefs in the spring. Talks have been ongoing but fruitless.

So he DID bring it up when they had cap space. Eddie "decided to do something about it" by making it known with this article that he's not happy. Obviously, trying to work something out with Carl in private has gotten him nowhere.

I don't think we should have kept any of those guys either but here's the thing, when they got new contracts they were FA's........Eddie isn't a FA.
I thought Woods was an extension a few years ago, but it doesn't matter.

That's kind of part of the whole point why they won't redo/extend him.
Hopefully they have learn from mistakes. Can't redo his deal, others might follow. Can't extend him, 1-2 years down the line that hurts the cap when you release him.

But there's no reason that Eddie, who has produced well above what the team expected from him, should have to eat it because of Carl's mistakes. And Eddie no doubt saw these other guys getting taken care of, and figured at some point it'd be his turn with the job he's been doing. Now he probably feels like his turn isn't coming and he's rightfully upset about it, a situation totally set up by Carl.

Carl set the table for this whole mess in numerous ways, but there's still people here wanting to call Eddie names and blame him. Like nobody here would ever expect a raise after years of good work and watching less deserving co-workers make out like bandits.

tk13
07-28-2006, 12:34 AM
This thread is quite long.
Thank you. I am currently 5.43 times a super champion.

Make that 5.46. I wonder if I can count this thread 5 times in my constant quest to have the most 100 post threads.

booger
To be honest, I always thought we wanted Olshansky in that draft, and the Chargers took him from under us, so we got his teammate.

Same thing with the LJ pick. There's still a part of me that thinks we were thinking about Jerome MacDougal with that pick. Maybe not.. but the Eagles jumped up a bunch of spots to the pick right in front of us to get him. Then we traded down.

That's right about Igor, I forgot that.

Pretty sure DV had stated that Brayton was his pick over LJ though.

Mecca
Woods had some clause in his contract that he excersized making him a FA as I recall.

Mecca
07-28-2006, 12:35 AM
That's right about Igor, I forgot that.

Pretty sure DV had stated that Brayton was his pick over LJ though.

Braytons been a complete bum too.....DV not exactly the master of knowing D talent.

philfree
07-28-2006, 12:37 AM
That's fine. It doesn't excuse the fact that he and the agent turned this into a distraction the day they left for camp. He could have told the agent or the agent decided the best approach was to stay on them, keep this out of the media and see how things work out.

Looks to me like CP said he has no problem with Eddie at all. As far as his threat, he can leave camp @14k per day and risk his season if that's what he wishes.

Looks like he told him you don't always get what you want and said no. Know he can either forget about it and go on while taking a punch to his ego, or go ahead with the threat and possibly lose his job.

That was just for the people who retorted "why did he wait till now?"

OnTheWarpath58
07-28-2006, 12:37 AM
Dansby and Dockett.......if we had them this defense would look 10 times better as we sit right now. I loved Dansby out of college too, I was rather upset when he fell and we didn't pick him.

Yep.

Instead, CP trades down six spots, passes on Woods, Dansby and Olshansky, and the rest is history......

:cuss:

booger
07-28-2006, 12:38 AM
Braytons been a complete bum too.....DV not exactly the master of knowing D talent.

Yep. Every non stop motor, hustling DE was the next Grant Wistrom.

booger
07-28-2006, 12:39 AM
That was just for the people who retorted "why did he wait till now?"

gotcha

booger
07-28-2006, 12:49 AM
But there's no reason that Eddie, who has produced well above what the team expected from him, should have to eat it because of Carl's mistakes. And Eddie no doubt saw these other guys getting taken care of, and figured at some point it'd be his turn with the job he's been doing. Now he probably feels like his turn isn't coming and he's rightfully upset about it, a situation totally set up by Carl.

Carl set the table for this whole mess in numerous ways, but there's still people here wanting to call Eddie names and blame him. Like nobody here would ever expect a raise after years of good work and watching less deserving co-workers make out like bandits.

I have no problem with EK whatsoever. I might be very harsh on him now because of his timing and the fact the article was a major kick in the nuts IMO.(from a fan perspective looking forward to camp) I do understand his position. He has been productive, a good teamate and good person in the community.

Someone posted about CP interview on Sirius Radio just a day or two ago. He seemed to have nothing but good to say while briefly mentioning Kennison's role with the offense and improvement. I didn't hear the interview but from the post It seemed he was talking about leadership at different positions or something. Not a precurser to this article happening. That's not CP's style anyway.

While he may be very deserving it doesn't mean it will work out.

I think people are just pissed with the situation and most see it as only getting worse.

Valiant
07-28-2006, 12:52 AM
Yea, because a guy who has back to back 1000 yard recieving seasons fails to get seperation! WTF???

Just because he gets a 1000 yards does not mean he gets seperation: play-action, miss direction, and concentration on TonyG are the reason he gets yards..

The guy cannot breakaway from a DB to save his life, hell Meshawn is the same reciever...

Guru
07-28-2006, 12:52 AM
I have no problem with EK whatsoever. I might be very harsh on him now because of his timing and the fact the article was a major kick in the nuts IMO.(from a fan perspective looking forward to camp) I do understand his position. He has been productive, a good teamate and good person in the community.

Someone posted about CP interview on Sirius Radio just a day or two ago. He seemed to have nothing but good to say while briefly mentioning Kennison's role with the offense and improvement. I didn't hear the interview but from the post It seemed he was talking about leadership at different positions or something. Not a precurser to this article happening. That's not CP's style anyway.

While he may be very deserving it doesn't mean it will work out.

I think people are just pissed with the situation and most see it as only getting worse.

You know how Carl is when he gets backed into a corner like that.

booger
07-28-2006, 12:59 AM
You know how Carl is when he gets backed into a corner like that.
Yep, a big time douche.

Apparently the agent doesn't understand this. Maybe nice guy Denny Thum can step in and save the day.

Valiant
07-28-2006, 01:00 AM

He is fast??? He runs good routes and knows the O, no doubt.. But you want to pay a 33 year old WR a new contract when more then likely he is off this team at the end of the year or next and then we get hit with dead money...

Just because he has the distinction of #1 on the depth chart does not mean shit, look at the Pats during their SB years... They do not have a legit #1 WR and they do not pay them that way...

I think you all seem to forget all the times no one was open in our offense last year.. All the key drops, the fact that D's use their DB's to cover our TE because EK does not threaten them downfield...

tk13
07-28-2006, 01:12 AM
Kennison drops a lot of balls, but he can fly. That's what he brings to the table. He finished 9th in the entire NFL last year in yards per catch. He finished 6th in "big catches", plays over 25 yards.

NFL Leaders in Big Catches (Thru games of Jan. 1, 2006)

1 Santana Moss Was 18
2 Steve Smith Car 16
3 Larry Fitzgerald Ari 14
4 Joey Galloway TB 13
5 Chad Johnson Cin 12
6t Eddie Kennison KC 11
6t Anquan Boldin Ari 11
6t Antonio Bryant SF 11
6t Terry Glenn Dal 11

That's a real impressive list. He finished 6th in the AFC in total yards after catch... and he wasn't a running back.

AFC Leaders in Yards After Catch (Receivers) (Thru games of Jan. 1, 2006)

1 LaMont Jordan Oak 548
2 LaDainian Tomlinson SD 463
3 Antonio Gates SD 431
4 Rod Smith Den 423
5 Reuben Droughns Cle 383
6 Larry Johnson KC 377
7 Eddie Kennison KC 374
8 Chris Brown Ten 362
9 Chris Perry Cin 339
10 Chad Johnson Cin 336

That's pretty much what he brings to the table... he's the big play threat that keeps everybody from stuffing the box all the time. He does have value in this offense.

PastorMikH
07-28-2006, 01:13 AM
You asked why Eddie didn't bring this up when the team had cap space. The article says:

So he DID bring it up when they had cap space. Eddie "decided to do something about it" by making it known with this article that he's not happy. Obviously, trying to work something out with Carl in private has gotten him nowhere.

I'll concede that he did notify as I did miss that part. But why wait until now to make a big deal about it? Why wait until the day before TC starts to make a big deal about it? Why not play the hold-out card then? 'Course there's no way at all any other players tried to hit Carl up for more $ this spring either is there? I'm sure he was the only one Carl had to think about.

From what I see, he wanted some more cash and got chafed when he saw what Ty Law got so now he's throwing a tantrum because he knows the pot of extra dough is gone. He should be happy that now he has a chance of getting some extra money via post-season play and possibly even a SB ring if all goes well.

So, who re-structures or gets cut to free up money to make Eddie happy? How many years do we get strapped with his bonus hitting our cap after he's retired? And, if Eddie gets a new deal from his tanrum, what about some of the others that have produced? What happens when they follow suit and start missing days of camp for their new deals?

If it hadn't been for the Chiefs giving him a chance when he'd burned every other oportunity he'd had, there's a really good chance Eddie Kennison wouldn't even be suiting up anymore.

philfree
07-28-2006, 01:21 AM
He is fast??? He runs good routes and knows the O, no doubt.. But you want to pay a 33 year old WR a new contract when more then likely he is off this team at the end of the year or next and then we get hit with dead money...

Just because he has the distinction of #1 on the depth chart does not mean shit, look at the Pats during their SB years... They do not have a legit #1 WR and they do not pay them that way...

I think you all seem to forget all the times no one was open in our offense last year.. All the key drops, the fact that D's use their DB's to cover our TE because EK does not threaten them downfield...

Eddie is still fast just not as fast as he was when he won the NFL fastest man contest but still fast. He's lost some of his long speed but he is quick off the line and in and out of his breaks. Eddie didn't have hardly any drops last year either so I don't know what you mean about "all the drops". As a matter of fact Eddie has more then one game winner reception as a Chief and many other catches in crucial drives. As far as his age and shelf life and a contract I don't see why we couldn't work out a 3 year contract paying him more then he makes now without setting us up for a cap problem. I said it earlier in this thread that I can understand both sides of this and I can respect both parties stance. I think they're both right.

Valiant
07-28-2006, 01:21 AM
Kennison drops a lot of balls, but he can fly. That's what he brings to the table. He finished 9th in the entire NFL last year in yards per catch. He finished 6th in "big catches", plays over 25 yards.

He finished 6th in the AFC in total yards after catch... and he wasn't a running back.

That's pretty much what he brings to the table... he's the big play threat that keeps everybody from stuffing the box all the time. He does have value in this offense.

Those stats mean nothing, you do not need to be fast for playaction passes... Go rewatch the games, the guy does not get seperation at the line without help.. Hell you had entire teams stacking and run blitzing our Line to stop LJ, what do you think is going to happen if you dump it off to slanting WR???

The guy averages less then five catches a game... Are all of Denver's RB's the past five years studs or was it the system???

EK has gotten the benifit of our running game setting up PA and the RB's and Tony getting all the pressure and leaving him wide open... IF he is this star you all talk about he should have 80+ catches... He does not because his stats are not an accurate example of his skill...

Valiant
07-28-2006, 01:25 AM
Eddie is still fast just not as fast as he was when he won the NFL fastest man contest but still fast. He's lost some of his long speed but he is quick off the line and in and out of his breaks. Eddie didn't have hardly any drops last year either so I don't know what you mean about "all the drops". As a matter of fact Eddie has more then one game winner reception as a Chief and many other catches in crucial drives. As far as his age and shelf life and a contract I don't see why we couldn't work out a 3 year contract paying him more then he makes now without setting us up for a cap problem. I said it earlier in this thread that I can understand both sides of this and I can respect both parties stance. I think they're both right.

I am fine with giving him a marginal boost, but from reading the paper and the way some people are making him sound like an allstar he or his agent wants way more...

All I remember last year was bitching at him during the beginning of the year making key drops.... And the fact when Trent was running for his life to make a pass because NO one could get seperation for him to throw the ball when our Oline got hurt for a few games...

tk13
07-28-2006, 01:28 AM
Those stats mean nothing, you do not need to be fast for playaction passes... Go rewatch the games, the guy does not get seperation at the line without help.. Hell you had entire teams stacking and run blitzing our Line to stop LJ, what do you think is going to happen if you dump it off to slanting WR???

The guy averages less then five catches a game... Are all of Denver's RB's the past five years studs or was it the system???

EK has gotten the benifit of our running game setting up PA and the RB's and Tony getting all the pressure and leaving him wide open... IF he is this star you all talk about he should have 80+ catches... He does not because his stats are not an accurate example of his skill...
You don't think so? If it's so easy to be one of the top 5-6 in the league in long receptions, then why aren't there a bunch of other WR's who play with great running attacks on that list?

Mecca
07-28-2006, 01:31 AM
I do think there are alot of WR's that in the circumstances that Eddie Kennison is in could do what he does and possibly do it better. He's in a really good situation to get stats and look better than he really is.

philfree
07-28-2006, 01:34 AM
I am fine with giving him a marginal boost, but from reading the paper and the way some people are making him sound like an allstar he or his agent wants way more...

All I remember last year was bitching at him during the beginning of the year making key drops.... And the fact when Trent was running for his life to make a pass because NO one could get seperation for him to throw the ball when our Oline got hurt for a few games...

So our O line couldn't pass protect when key players were injured so it's it's EK's fault that Trent was having to scramble? If your O line can't pass protect then the quickest WR in the league can't sperate fast enough. Eddie is not asking for top dollar just to be brought up to scale.

tk13
07-28-2006, 01:38 AM
I do think there are alot of WR's that in the circumstances that Eddie Kennison is in could do what he does and possibly do it better. He's in a really good situation to get stats and look better than he really is.
I don't believe that. That's a cop out. Before, KC was supposedly a tough place to get your stats as a WR. Look at TG, look at Johnnie Morton. This offense for the last 5 years has been all about balance. Eddie's a part of that. No he's not the centerpiece or anything, but I don't think anyone's saying that. He brings something to the table nobody else on this roster does, and it's an important piece of the puzzle. Just like LJ will help Eddie with the playaction, Eddie will help stretch the field so everybody's not in the box all the time. I'm not sure how much of a raise he deserves but I definitely don't think he's just some replacable part that some people make him out to be.

tk13
07-28-2006, 01:55 AM
I think people need to remember exactly who Eddie Kennison is. He's not just some bum off the street with no talent who got lucky. He was a major, major talent who never quite made it. He could flat out FLY. He once beat James Jett in the NFL's fastest man competition, and Jett was a Gold Medal Olympic sprinter. That is freaking impressive. And no he probably isn't as fast at 33 as he was at 24, but I bet he could still take some of these young guys in a footrace. There aren't a whole lot of NFL players you could bring in off the street with his physical skills.

BigRock
07-28-2006, 02:06 AM
Maybe nice guy Denny Thum can step in and save the day.
If Eddie does take a hard-line stance about getting something done or leaving camp, I'm hoping maybe someone like Trent can help smooth things over. From the River Falls site, it sounded like maybe Eddie softened a little bit when reporters asked him if he planned to leave... but I've noticed over the years that they've sometimes taken words out of context, or left key words out, when recapping interviews. So who knows.

And, if Eddie gets a new deal from his tanrum, what about some of the others that have produced? What happens when they follow suit and start missing days of camp for their new deals?

People keep talking in this thread about "precedent". Oh, Carl can't cave and give Eddie more money, what about the precedent it sets?

Since when does a player need a precedent to be unhappy with his contract? It happens every year on nearly every team. If anyone could say that Carl being a hardass now and not giving Eddie a better deal would mean that Waters and DJ and Craphonso and Brodie won't do this exact same thing themselves some day in the future, then it'd be worth it. But nobody can say that. And nobody would try to say it, because they know it's not true.

Chief Chief
07-28-2006, 05:21 AM
#1: Kennison signed a contract to play football for the Chiefs. Although I haven't read that contract, I'm certain there's no wording on it which states that his job title is the #2 WR and he's neither not ever to play as a Chief in any other position other than the #2 WR nor entitled to an increase in pay if he's moved up to the #1 WR. Play football, get paid.

#2: If Kennison wanted a chance at getting an increase in pay based on his actual production or role(s) on the team, he should have been smart enough to address those matters in the contract before he signed it. (You might remember how Priest Holmes, after leading the league in rushing, then demanded more money in the following off-season due to his production and threatened to hold out if Peterson didn't toss bonus money at him. DUH! Holmes only was able to get the rushing record due to the best O-line in the league blocking for him. Yet the RB thinks he's the one who needs all the money. Again...Holmes and/or his agent should have had just a wee bit of foresight/ingenuity to add a bonus clause to his contract if he met certain production goals like, oh maybe, being the leading rusher or gaining 2,000 yards in the season. (BTW, Peterson did eventually give Priest something like a $6M bonus to keep him happy. Maybe that action alone has inspired Kennison to follow suit.)

#3: All players' contracts are primarily based on potential performance. They get paid their full annual amount even if they're sidelined for a full season due to, say, breaking a leg or tearing their ACL in training camp.

#4: Miscellaneous -- On the majority of NFL teams, Kennison is a #2 starter. He's 33 years old and doesn't have the speed/agility to break away from defenders to get large Yards After Catch numbers. He has a record of leaving a team (Denver) in the middle of the season and signing with another team (KC).

the Talking Can
07-28-2006, 05:40 AM
what Eddie meant to say was

"If I get injured this year, I will give my salary back to the Chiefs since I didn't earn it."

I'm sure all players feel the same way about getting paid based on thier performance.

htismaqe
07-28-2006, 05:55 AM
If Eddie does take a hard-line stance about getting something done or leaving camp, I'm hoping maybe someone like Trent can help smooth things over. From the River Falls site, it sounded like maybe Eddie softened a little bit when reporters asked him if he planned to leave... but I've noticed over the years that they've sometimes taken words out of context, or left key words out, when recapping interviews. So who knows.

People keep talking in this thread about "precedent". Oh, Carl can't cave and give Eddie more money, what about the precedent it sets?

Since when does a player need a precedent to be unhappy with his contract? It happens every year on nearly every team. If anyone could say that Carl being a hardass now and not giving Eddie a better deal would mean that Waters and DJ and Craphonso and Brodie won't do this exact same thing themselves some day in the future, then it'd be worth it. But nobody can say that. And nobody would try to say it, because they know it's not true.

The precedent isn't about being unhappy. It's about DOING SOMETHING when the player is unhappy.

Not every player that's unhappy threatens to hold out, otherwise you'd have half the team doing it. If Carl gives Eddie a new contract, you'll instantly have 20 other guys threatening to hold out.

So you underestimated whether or not someone would say this:

IT IS TRUE.

greg63
07-28-2006, 05:57 AM
The precedent isn't about being unhappy. It's about DOING SOMETHING when the player is unhappy.

Not every player that's unhappy threatens to hold out, otherwise you'd have half the team doing it. If Carl gives Eddie a new contract, you'll instantly have 20 other guys threatening to hold out.

So you underestimated whether or not someone would say this:

IT IS TRUE.

Good point.

SLAG
07-30-2006, 08:46 AM
Has he left yet?

I hope he dont go...

but if he do....

Sami parker better step it up

Chieftain58
07-30-2006, 09:20 AM
Roaf opens up a bunch of Cap room for us, We need Gonzalez signed to a longterm deal first though

SLAG
07-30-2006, 09:32 AM
Roaf opens up a bunch of Cap room for us, We need Gonzalez signed to a longterm deal first though

I heard carl talking about Gonzos contract on 610 and he said gozo is locked in for at leasy 2 years i think...

i think carl said he was going to work on gozos next year and LJ's the year after

Dunit35
07-30-2006, 12:30 PM
I heard carl talking about Gonzos contract on 610 and he said gozo is locked in for at leasy 2 years i think...

i think carl said he was going to work on gozos next year and LJ's the year after

I'm pretty sure if LJ dominates this year, Carl will have no choice but to give LJ more money next offseason. LJ won't wait that long for a new contract.

Claynus
07-30-2006, 12:44 PM
WPI has an exclusive interview with Eddie Kennison going up today.

htismaqe
07-30-2006, 02:52 PM
<a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a> has an exclusive interview with Eddie Kennison going up today.

Nice. Loser.

WilliamTheIrish
07-30-2006, 04:32 PM
Great. Somebody with premium access can copy and paste it here.