PDA

View Full Version : Do You Want To See Carson Palmer Start For The Bengals On Opening Day

philfree
07-27-2006, 03:25 AM
I don't. I don't want to see him get carted off because he came back to early. Arrowhead on opening day is not the place to make that move IMO. Palmer has a great career ahead of him if he stays healthy and he's too young to rush back from knee surgery. He and his coaches need to take a long look at that.

PhilFree:arrow:

Moooo
07-27-2006, 03:42 AM
I don't. I don't want to see him get carted off because he came back to early. Arrowhead on opening day is not the place to make that move IMO. Palmer has a great career ahead of him if he stays healthy and he's too young to rush back from knee surgery. He and his coaches need to take a long look at that.

PhilFree:arrow:

I don't think we'll have to worry about it, but I don't want him to for the aforementioned, and that the backup is not going to be as capable as Palmer coming off injury.

Moooo

ChiefsfaninPA
07-27-2006, 04:11 AM
He better take a look at Pennington coming in here last year for the opener and really think hard about it. He was never the same after that game. He also came back too early.

CupidStunt
07-27-2006, 04:12 AM
No.

I like to see how we match up against the better teams, but I'd without question rather play a weakened team - who wouldn't?

Guru
07-27-2006, 04:54 AM
I want to play the best at their best. Period.

The only thing that keeps Palmer on the bench is his doctor. If he is smart, he will listen to his doctor too.

Yeah, a win is a win but I want all of our wins to be without any lame excuses by the damn media.

BucEyedPea
07-27-2006, 05:50 AM
Want to or should he....I'd love to see the Bengals have him start.
So yeah I want him too.
But only if he's ready. I hope his doctor's do the right thing.

Nzoner
07-27-2006, 05:54 AM
Yes,I always want the best game possible with no excuses or what ifs.

According to Marvin Lewis on NFL Network last night,Palmer is looking good,in fact so much so that he may now be playing in the pre-season barring any setbacks.

jspchief
07-27-2006, 06:00 AM
I want Palmer on the field. This team isn't going to be prepared for the play-offs by getting there on a weak schedule.

Besides, it's opening day at Arrowhead. They could put Jesus at QB and I'd like our chances.

Saulbadguy
07-27-2006, 06:01 AM
I don't really care - we will crush them.

King_Chief_Fan
07-27-2006, 06:15 AM
I don't care one way or the other.
If the Chiefs beat them without Palmer....excuse: We didn't have Palmer playing
If the Chiefs beat them with Palmer...... excuse: He still isn't 100% from his injury.

htismaqe
07-27-2006, 08:02 AM
Don't care. If he plays, he's gonna be rusty.

Chiefnj
07-27-2006, 08:07 AM
Sure. He's going to have some mobility and mental issues after taking the hit against Pitt. Half the Bengal team will likely be in jail anyway, even if Palmer plays it should be a victory.

foxman
07-27-2006, 08:08 AM
Don't care. If he plays, he's gonna be rusty.

Why? What has he missed beyond the usuall offseason?

Personaly, if he is healthy I want to see him. If he isnt then he needs to be smart about it.

The Poz
07-27-2006, 08:09 AM
Palmer won't play and don't forget they'll be without starting MLB Odell Thurman. Let everyone complain that we beat a top rated team missing some of their key starters. It's football, every team will have to go through situations like this all season long. I'll take it.

DiaperBoy27
07-27-2006, 08:41 AM
He better take a look at Pennington coming in here last year for the opener and really think hard about it. He was never the same after that game. He also came back too early.

it ain't a shoulder or elbow, it's just a knee.

StcChief
07-27-2006, 08:45 AM
Yes if he's capable...
but since he isn't oh well. :p

who knows something may happen in TC to somebody on our team.

htismaqe
07-27-2006, 08:53 AM
Why? What has he missed beyond the usuall offseason?

Personaly, if he is healthy I want to see him. If he isnt then he needs to be smart about it.

Besides the usual offsesaon? ROFL

He's out of shape and still doing rehab drills. He'll be ready, but he ain't gonna be practicing full speed at all until probably right up to the game...

Fish
07-27-2006, 08:53 AM
I have 2 shits I could give.....

But that is all...

Herzig
07-27-2006, 09:43 AM
We need to win all games vs. AFC opponents(not saying games vs. the NFC don't matter)...it's always a huge factor in who makes the playoffs vs. who doesn't. If they put Carson in vs. us in game 1, they are putting his health in their own hands. Gunther will have our D-line pin their ears back and let them go after him.

JBucc
07-27-2006, 09:44 AM
I'd like to see how our D does against a fully healthy Bengals offense so yeah I would like him to be healthy. And even if we can't stop them which is likely they can't stop us either so we'd still win! hahaha!

bkkcoh
07-27-2006, 09:47 AM
I was watching ESPN last night and they had the Bengals beat writer on their and they said that Palmer was aroun 6 - 8 weeks ahead of schedule in his rehab.

They are going to let him play in 2 pre-season games, he didn't say how much of those 2 pre-season games. So he could have a heck of a lot of rust if he doesn't play more.

It sounded as if they were going to treat him with kid gloves, as they should, in the pre-season games.

AZORChiefFan
07-27-2006, 10:40 AM
It's really a no win situation.
1. He plays and sucks ass. Media will say well the Chiefs won but it's clear Carson wasn't ready to start and half the team is suspended. Like to see how they would do against the Bungles at full strength.

2. He plays does a decent job and the Bungles win. Media will be on his jock claiming how brave and what a leader he is to come into Arrowhead and lead them to victory or some such nonsense.

3. Back up plays Chiefs win - Well the Chiefs didn't face their #1 QB and half the team is suspended.

4. Back up plays Chiefs lose. Well the Chiefs season is done because they head to Dungver next week looks like they'll be starting 0-2. (Not me saying this, national Media)

Mr. Laz
07-27-2006, 10:42 AM
heck no ... i want as many starters out as possible

forget pride, i wanna win

Mr. Laz
07-27-2006, 10:51 AM
btw - on NFL Live they said that Palmer was going to ready on opening day.

that palmer wouldn't play much during preseason but that he was gonna be ready barring another injury.

htismaqe
07-27-2006, 10:53 AM
It's really a no win situation.
1. He plays and sucks ass. Media will say well the Chiefs won but it's clear Carson wasn't ready to start and half the team is suspended. Like to see how they would do against the Bungles at full strength.

2. He plays does a decent job and the Bungles win. Media will be on his jock claiming how brave and what a leader he is to come into Arrowhead and lead them to victory or some such nonsense.

3. Back up plays Chiefs win - Well the Chiefs didn't face their #1 QB and half the team is suspended.

4. Back up plays Chiefs lose. Well the Chiefs season is done because they head to Dungver next week looks like they'll be starting 0-2. (Not me saying this, national Media)

Yep.

There's no way to win the PR battle. The only person sucked on more by the media than Golden Boy Palmer is Peyton Manning.

So, like Laz said, just win the ****ing game and forget about what the media says...

htismaqe
07-27-2006, 10:55 AM
btw - on NFL Live they said that Palmer was going to ready on opening day.

that palmer wouldn't play much during preseason but that he was gonna be ready barring another injury.

Yep. They've been saying for a couple of months that he'd be ready to play. He's about 6 weeks ahead of schedule in his rehab. Of course, that still means he's rehabbing now instead of conditioning, so I don't expect him to be 100%.

Bing ready to play and being ready to play WELL are two wholly different things... ;)

DiaperBoy27
07-27-2006, 10:57 AM
A win is a win.

But he probably won't be 100% again until next year, just like Trent when he came over from STL.

Of course, we don't do very well against backups, either (JP Losman)

htismaqe
07-27-2006, 11:01 AM
A win is a win.

But he probably won't be 100% again until next year, just like Trent when he came over from STL.

At Buffalo, not at Arrowhead...

ChiefButthurt
07-27-2006, 11:01 AM
I hope he plays and we kick the shit out of them. I'm still bitter over the loss at Cincinnati. That was one long walk to the car after that game. But I wore my gear with my head held high. :cuss:

Chiefnj
07-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Palmer's completion % should drop this year. It's tough for Chris Henry to catch the ball with handcuffs and ankle cuffs on during the game.

The Poz
07-27-2006, 11:23 AM

Loseman didn't beat us, Trent Green did. Horrible #'s. 3 int's and 1 lost fumble. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20051113_KC@BUF

Loseman got lucky on 2 deep balls on our secondary. He only had 137 yards that day. I was there and it was a pathetic game.

To make it worse I got punched out after the game. I hate Buffalo! :mad:

Cochise
07-27-2006, 11:26 AM
We will crush them, chase them from the field, rob them of their wealth, clasp our bosoms to their wives and daughters, see those dear to them bathed in tears, and hear the lamentation of their women.