PDA

View Full Version : Big Daddy ain't going to like this..Pit Bull kills Grandma

BigRedChief
07-27-2006, 02:36 PM
Woman killed in dog attack

A 71-year-old Kansas City, Kan., woman was killed today when she was attacked by a dog, police said.
Police identified the woman as Jimmie May McConnell of 3100 Longwood Ave.
Neighbors said she was gardening when a dog jumped the fence and attacked her. Firefighters who arrived at the scene had to get the dog off the woman. She was taken to a hospital, and police later said she had died.
Police said the dog was a pit bull. Kansas City, Kan., bans pit bulls.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/15137137.htm

ChiTown
07-27-2006, 02:38 PM
3100 Longwood.

hahaha

htismaqe
07-27-2006, 02:42 PM
Police SAID it was a pitbull.

The police say my neighbor has a pitbull too, and it's most certainly not...

Pitt Gorilla
07-27-2006, 02:46 PM
A bit off topic, but I think we're going to be ok w/out T-Rich. The sig of the thread starter shows "the call" and T-Rich doesn't really block anyone; Dunn, Shields, and Waters all blew up their guys. I'm thinking Dunn can handle the job.

Brock
07-27-2006, 02:49 PM
My neighbor had a chunk of ice from an airliner fall through his roof a couple of years ago.

Bootlegged
07-27-2006, 02:50 PM
Biased media - you never hear the reports when a Grandma kills a pitbull. Such a double standard.

BIG_DADDY
07-27-2006, 02:50 PM
3100 Longwood.

hahaha

Where's that?

Cochise
07-27-2006, 03:03 PM
Biased media - you never hear the reports when a Grandma kills a pitbull. Such a double standard.

ROFL

Grandma bites dog, now that's a story.

Bootlegged
07-27-2006, 03:04 PM
Where's that?

At the Sausage Ranch, probably.

LONG WOOD

Sully
07-27-2006, 03:42 PM
You can be damn sure that a mountain lion wasn't gonna attack that grandma, though.

BIG_DADDY
07-27-2006, 03:45 PM
You can be damn sure that a mountain lion wasn't gonna attack that grandma, though.

Aren't you all safe from the mighty pit bull in Lee's summit now?

Demonpenz
07-27-2006, 03:45 PM
that bites

Saulbadguy
07-27-2006, 03:58 PM
At the Sausage Ranch, probably.

LONG WOOD
nice Ultima Online avatar. An Ogre.

Sully
07-27-2006, 04:07 PM

We're certainly safe from mountain lions.

BIG_DADDY
07-27-2006, 04:11 PM
We're certainly safe from mountain lions.

Well isn't that cozy. Now that you are all feeling saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaafe what will be the next piece of legislation passed to make them feel secure up there? I'm going with mandatory knee pads and crash helmet before leaving the house. You just can't be too careful these days. :)

Sully
07-27-2006, 04:15 PM
I heard helmets attract mountain lions, so that one is a push.

Cochise
07-27-2006, 04:31 PM
Picture of the dog, from the Kansas City Star.

You decide.

Always a Chief fan
07-27-2006, 04:43 PM
Now BD, where is your compassion for this elderly lady, killed in her own fenced yard, by a dog attack. This woman probably has children, grandchildren, maybe even great-grandchildren who are horrified, and grieving the loss of their loved one. You hurt your cause with your sarcasm.
Show some compassion. This was a horrible attack, and a senseless loss of human life.

JimNasium
07-27-2006, 04:45 PM
Now BD, where is your compassion for this elderly lady, killed in her own fenced yard, by a dog attack. This woman probably has children, grandchildren, maybe even great-grandchildren who are horrified, and grieving the loss of their loved one. You hurt your cause with your sarcasm.
Show some compassion. This was a horrible attack, and a senseless loss of human life.
Obviously she should have had a fence of appropriate height to guard against such an animal.

htismaqe
07-27-2006, 04:47 PM

You decide.

Looks like an AmStaff to me, but I'm not expert. I'd be interested to see what MO says...

htismaqe
07-27-2006, 04:48 PM

Is your sarcasm somehow better?

Always a Chief fan
07-27-2006, 04:57 PM
I'm not trying to be sarcastic. Go back and read BD's posts in this thread. It wouldn't hurt any of us to comment on what a senseless loss the killing of this elderly woman was, no matter the breed of dog. It wouldn't hurt you to to express some outrage about this killing either. Take notice that I never stated that it was a pitbull that killed her, we still do not have all the details yet. You stated in another post that you would kill for your wife and children. Think for a moment how this poor womans family and friends must feel.

BIG_DADDY
07-27-2006, 04:58 PM

My sarcasm was aimed at Sully who was messing with me not the lady who was killed. If they can possibly find the owner of that dog they should be held liable BIG TIME and this dog should be put down.

Cochise
07-27-2006, 05:01 PM
Like I have said for a long time, destroy the animal if it attacks someone, and hold the owner liable as if he had done the act himself.

Sully
07-27-2006, 05:02 PM
I wasn't the first to bring sarcasm to the thread, but I was definitely before BD, so you gotta cut him a little slack.

Always a Chief fan
07-27-2006, 05:02 PM
Ok BD, no problem, I agree with you there. It was just the comments about helmets and kneepads that struck me wrong. As i understand it, the police are calling this a homicide and searching for the owners of the dog.

penguinz
07-27-2006, 05:03 PM
They are not banned in LS yet. Hopefully it does not pass when they vote on it.

BIG_DADDY
07-27-2006, 05:06 PM
Ok BD, no problem, I agree with you there. It was just the comments about helmets and kneepads that struck me wrong. As i understand it, the police are calling this a homicide and searching for the owners of the dog.

Awesome, as they should. There are thousands of awesome pit bulls around unfortunately there are assholes like this that need to be shot. http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/news/15123596.htm

It's very important that people know what their getting when they choose this breed and take their time selecting the right one. I think that applies to many breeds though.

Always a Chief fan
07-27-2006, 05:11 PM
I agree with you BD. I hope the police find these azzholes, and they are convicted of homicide, and sent to prison for a long time. There was no reason for this woman to die this way.

Fire Me Boy!
07-27-2006, 05:33 PM
According to a who was on scene, police had to taser the dog -- when they arrived, it was STILL on the woman biting her.

Always a Chief fan
07-27-2006, 05:38 PM
I heard on the radio that fire fighters had to fight it off her with an axe and one of those pole things theyuse for tearing down ceilings in a fire.

Bill Lundberg
07-27-2006, 06:07 PM

You decide.

That's not the dog that did the attack. It's one of the owners other dogs according to the video on the Star's website. And I'm pretty sure that's not a pitbull