PDA

View Full Version : The Boondocks?

Moooo
07-27-2006, 09:29 PM
Okay, so what does everyone else think of this show.

At first, I hated it. I thought it was racist and brash. But the more I watch it, the more it occurs to me the theme isn't racist at all, but a social commentary of what's wrong with society, not just the black population depicted on the show.

I like Huey. He actually has a brain, and coming from his small size it makes him comical and even more profound.

Anyone else watch this?

Moooo

"Bob" Dobbs
07-27-2006, 09:36 PM
My wife loves it, and I loved the MLK episode, but it generally just doesn't do much for me. That being said, the casting of Ed Asner as Ed Wunkler was ****ing brilliant.

the Talking Can
07-27-2006, 09:45 PM
love it....really smart show, and is an equal opportunity offender...

Ultra Peanut
07-28-2006, 12:27 AM
I am the stone that the builder refused
I am the visual, the inspiration that makes ladies sing the blues
I'm the spark that makes your idea bright
The same spark that lights the dark, so that you can know your left from your right

I am the ballot in your box
The bullet in the gun
That inner glow that lets you know
To call your brother son

The story that just begun
The promise of what's to come
And I'ma remain a soldier
Until the war is won

Chop chop chop

phisherman
07-28-2006, 06:53 AM
Okay, so what does everyone else think of this show.

At first, I hated it. I thought it was racist and brash. But the more I watch it, the more it occurs to me the theme isn't racist at all, but a social commentary of what's wrong with society, not just the black population depicted on the show.

Moooo

i think it's hysterical, my wife on the other hand, hates it..

if you don't laugh at the episode w/ Ruckus talking to Ronald Reagan about white heaven, i don't know what's wrong w/ you

bp

Fish
07-28-2006, 03:53 PM
"Jesus was black, Ronald Reagan was the devil and the government is lying about 9/11.

Simplex3
07-29-2006, 06:47 AM
Just as an FYI, my wife met the little turd that writes that crap and he is a huge racist. Of course it's Ok because he's black. I guess that means he's not a racist, he's mad at a society that is supressing him. Except for the millions he's making off of a cartoon.

Damnit, I'm still no good at figuring this stuff out.

|Zach|
07-29-2006, 07:57 AM
Just as an FYI, my wife met the little turd that writes that crap and he is a huge racist. Of course it's Ok because he's black. I guess that means he's not a racist, he's mad at a society that is supressing him. Except for the millions he's making off of a cartoon.

Damnit, I'm still no good at figuring this stuff out.
Alot of his work casts the idea that the black community is supressing itself...not society.

I dont think you would really dislike the show if you spent some time with it.

Demonpenz
07-29-2006, 09:15 AM
i like the one with the bob ross dude

Adept Havelock
07-29-2006, 09:51 AM
I've seen a few. Some of it is quite funny. The MLK episode was a side-splitter...

Reaper16
07-29-2006, 10:44 AM
The show is more hit and miss than I expected, but it was only the first season. I enjoy it.

The comic strip, however, is my favorite one in existance. I've been an immense fan of The Boondocks since day one. It's not only smart and funny, it's important.

What is he, racist against black people? Because the strip and show are mostly social critiques of the black community. I've been reading The Boondocks for years, and never have I found Aaron McGruder's work to have white-hating undertones. It's just not there.