PDA

View Full Version : Should Shields be pissed?

KingPriest2
07-28-2006, 08:43 AM
Roaf was the one coaxing him out of retirement and then he goes off and retires.

IN a way I think he should be mad.

Baby Lee
07-28-2006, 08:45 AM
Everyone but Roaf's wife should be pissed.

Carl, Ty, Larry, Will, Trent

DiaperBoy27
07-28-2006, 08:57 AM
everyone is pissed.

this is just like ricky williams.

turned his back on the team

noa
07-28-2006, 09:02 AM
I don't think Shields will be pissed. Roaf wants to play, but he can't because of his injuries. There's not much you can do about that.

ck_IN
07-28-2006, 09:05 AM
Shields is a big boy. He had to know a 36 year old LT with leg problems might not answer the bell. He made his choice anyway. It's not like he's not getting paid well to play.

Short Leash Hootie
07-28-2006, 09:09 AM
Roaf didn't turn his back on the team, he is old, he doesn't need to risk his health to make us happy. He was an outstanding player with a lot of class, he didn't think he had the fuel left in the tank, and that's his call, and his right. So shut the **** up =)

BTAU
07-28-2006, 09:13 AM
this is just like ricky williams.

turned his back on the team

Not quite.

Ricky Williams did this when he was in the prime of his career the night before training camp started without any indication that he might do it. Willie never officially said he was coming back and those comments by Turley a few weeks back left me bracing for this. Also, he told the Front Office about it several weeks ago, they just didn't tell anyone.

Dammit Carl!!! :banghead: :cuss: :banghead:

Hound333
07-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Willie is a class act in my book. I think he seriously wanted to come back but most likely had a sit down with the people closest to him. As a former college athlete that is about to have knee surgery on Tuesday due to injuries I suffered on the Track I can attest that the ability to walk at 50 might have played into his decision.