PDA

View Full Version : Carl's EPIC failures will derail yet another Chiefs season

KCChiefsFan88
07-29-2006, 08:36 PM
If Lamar Hunt had a single SHRED of desire to win in him he would have fired Carl for this latest fiasco, involving Roaf. Naming Thum the Interim GM for the season and giving Carl a dignified firing (i.e. give him a choice of "retiring") would have been the appropriate decision. Of course Lamar Hunt has confirmed over and over again that he is no better of an owner than David Glass (in terms of a complete lack of desire to win), and if it weren't for the extensive revenue sharing and the TV contract revenue that the Chiefs' receive, this franchise under Hunt would mirror the current state of the Royals under Glass.

The Chiefs offense is going to take a nose dive of epic proportions this season and it is all due to Carl's blatant negligence of the offense this offseason (and really the past 3 offseasons). The Chiefs have done nothing in free agency or the draft this offseason to upgrade the WR position, find a suitable back-up RB to LJ, replace T-Rich (and letting T-Rich get away for that matter), find eventual replacements for Roaf and Shields, find a suitable back-up for Trent, etc.

And of course it all started with the very first major error Peterson committed this offseason which was letting his petty differences with Al Saunders get in the way of doing what was best for the team which was to keep Saunders at all costs on as offensive coordinator (and it is still my opinion that Al Saunders was the right choice to be the Chiefs head coach and not Marty-wannabe Herm).

Another thing that angers the hell out of me about this fiasco, and the emerging Kennison crisis is how Carl has shrewdly tried to cover this up and create an elaborate spin campaign to try to prepare fans for his latest screw ups. This elaborate spin campaign involved Carl rushing to get Ty Law signed as training camp approaching, knowing full well that his Roaf and Kennison debacles would soon be exposed. That is also the reason Carl went on an uncharacteristic (for him) media blitz the days following the Ty Law signing (how many different interviews did Carl give the days following the Law signing??) It was his way of trying to get out in front of the pending public disclosure of the Roaf and Kennison situations.

Mecca
07-29-2006, 08:39 PM
As many people here say we don't need WR's and scream "defense, defense, defense". I'm sure it would have went over real well if Carl had focused more on the offense the last 3 offseasons.......there'd be people going apeshit all over this town.

I think we need a WR but to blame him for the Roaf thing I think is out of line. Roaf says he told them in May, May is still far to late to do anything about him leaving. As far as Kennison goes he shouldn't cave he's a 33 year old WR.

milkman
07-29-2006, 08:41 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

You just can not buy this kind of entertainment!

keg in kc
07-29-2006, 08:43 PM
The Ty Law signing was rumored for months, most people expected him to sign here including Edwards in lots of off the record comments that have come out since the signing. There was no rush, because Law was never going to sign with anyone much before camp.

As for WR, you have Sammie Parker entering his third, and potentially breakthrough, season. Cro Thorpe completely healthy and entering his second and Jeff Webb, a 6th round draft pick who impressed everyone during offseason workouts and could possibly (or likely, even) be our 4th receiver.

We signed Turley, we have Sampson back and healthy and probably starting at right tackle when the season opens. We have Black as a backup or potential starter, and we have an all NFLE LT to spend another camp and season learning the ropes.

No team signed Saunders as head coach. Why should we have, if he was such a lock as a candidate? There were a lot of open jobs and he didn't land a single one of them. There's probably a reason for that. And let's see how Solari does before we call him a failure.

Of course, I'm not expecting any of this to sink in. I don't particularly like Carl either, I just don't let my feelings one way or the other cloud reality.

chefsos
07-29-2006, 08:59 PM
You wanna buy some t-shirts?

MahiMike
07-29-2006, 09:03 PM
Say one thing for Carl and his tough guy image - he always seems to pick guys his head coach wants (LJ not withstanding). Any moron could have told u that we needed both WR and OL this year and now that's where our downfall lies....

hypersensitiveZO6
07-29-2006, 09:13 PM
What should we do? Kill ourselves?

This was very depressing.

milkman
07-29-2006, 09:15 PM
Say one thing for Carl and his tough guy image - he always seems to pick guys his head coach wants (LJ not withstanding). Any moron could have told u that we needed both WR and OL this year and now that's where our downfall lies....

And any moron could tell you that we needed DT, DE, safety and corner.

mikey23545
07-29-2006, 09:20 PM
Is this thread for real?

hypersensitiveZO6
07-29-2006, 09:22 PM
Is this thread for real?

It just about killed me to read.

cdcox
07-29-2006, 09:25 PM
Yeah, Carl has always been a shrinking violet when it comes to the press.

milkman
07-29-2006, 09:29 PM

Don't derail him.

He's on a dumbass roll!

SBK
07-29-2006, 09:38 PM
Is this teh satire?!?!?!

Sure-Oz
07-29-2006, 09:41 PM
This is why they play the games....chill the **** out.

ck_IN
07-29-2006, 09:46 PM
This thread is some kind of gag right?

As much as I dislike Carl and as much as I've hammered Lamar for his apparent non-concern about winning this thread is WAY over the top.

This was actually a pretty good off season for Carl. Without DV we actually had a draft that made sense. We did sign Turley who was an excellent LT in his day. Law should give us our best secondary in ages. And yes the Oline was a glaring weakness but there's only so much you can do in one offseason. DV left us with a mess and I'm afraid our window will close while we try and clean things up. If you want to blame anyone blame DV.

alanm
07-29-2006, 09:50 PM
THE SEASON'S OVAH!!! OvAH I TELL YOU!! :cuss: :banghead: :cuss: :banghead: :cuss: :deevee: :deevee:

Baconeater
07-29-2006, 09:56 PM
THE SEASON'S OVAH!!! OvAH I TELL YOU!! :cuss: :banghead: :cuss: :banghead: :cuss: :deevee: :deevee:
Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Gaz
07-29-2006, 09:59 PM
This thread is an example of an EPIC lack of comprehension.

Kudos, KCChiefsfan88, you have vaulted to the top of the "Boneheads Whose Opinions are not Worth Reading" list due to the complete and utter lack of understanding demonstrated in this thread.

Considering the competition, that is quite an accomplishment.

xoxo~
Gaz
Impressed [but not in a good way].

Sure-Oz
07-29-2006, 10:07 PM
Carls the toast of the town when he gets Law, then Roaf decides his body can't handle it, so Carl should be thrown to the wolves. I honestly didn't expect willie to retire, if anyone i thought it'd be shields. It seemed Willie was on board if Shields was.

alanm
07-29-2006, 10:10 PM

Kudos, KCChiefsfan88, you have vaulted to the top of the "Boneheads Whose Opinions are not Worth Reading" list due to the complete and utter lack of understanding demonstrated in this thread.

xoxo~
Gaz
Welcome to the Chicken Little weekend Gaz. :thumb: ROFL

SBK
07-29-2006, 10:19 PM

xoxo~
Gaz

ROFL Brutal

blueballs
07-29-2006, 10:23 PM
in17 years has Carl ever picked up in back to back offseasons
2 players the caliber of Surtain and Law?

blueballs
07-29-2006, 10:25 PM
so this is that Gaz dude you better not
make a poll without mentioning
or get taken out on a pikde

Iowanian
07-29-2006, 10:28 PM
How far is your arsehole stretched for Public Viewing when Gaz is battering your prostate with his smack hammer?

mcan
07-29-2006, 10:39 PM
Let me get this straight...

1. I can't believe we signed a pro-bowl cornerback. I mean, who do you think you're kidding Carl? Well, not me! I'm onto you. You're not gonna pull the wool over MY eyes with Ty Law's fancy 10 interceptions per year. It's clear that you're only doing this for YOU. Well I don't drink the Kool Aid Carl. You didn't do this to help shore up our crappy defense at all! :LAME:

2. So, Roaf decided to retire. Damnit Carl! Why can't you just... Just... Just... Clone him! Yeah, if Carl knew anything at all he would have cloned Willie Roaf YEARS ago. Enough of this drafting one or two tackles every year and hoping some of them can play. Enough of this rolling the dice on a former pro-bowl tackle, and hoping that he can compete for a starting job. You should use your cloning technology. Do you job Carl! Duh! And even if the cloning didn't work out, why don't you just go to Wal Mart and buy another Hall of Fame tackle off the shelf. Are you too cheap? Damnit Carl, you cheapwad. Always waiting for a sale... :LAME:

3. OK, so maybe I was too harsh on you Carl. But at least you should have let us know (before we bought our season tickets) that Roaf might retire. You should have held a press conference and said publicly that Roaf had a private conversation with you about retiring. Hey! We have a right to know. Who cares if Roaf hadn't announced it, did all the national papers decide to "wait and see" when Dewey defeated Truman for the presidential election? No! They took the bull by the horns and were honest with the people. Damnit Carl, you are such a liar! :LAME:

4. The last straw is how you refused to go immediately to the public to let us know about Kennison wanting more money. NOT telling us about private negotiations is the same as lying, and I'm not gonna stand for it anymore. Don't you know that Kennison reporting to camp, but being unhappy with his contract is a minor nuisance! You should have called him out to the media weeks ago, and positioned yourself for a lengthy and bitter contract dispute. :LAME:

5. And I can't say enough about how STUPID it is that you have only signed two young quarterbacks since Todd Collins retired. This offense is FOOKED without somebody over the age of 30 sitting on the bench every Sunday. I mean, Jeff George is ready to go!!! Damnit Carl! :LAME:

Iowanian
07-29-2006, 10:59 PM
Dammit!

Who got all these damn Draft picks into camp....its terribly crowded out there!

milkman
07-29-2006, 11:08 PM
2. So, Roaf decided to retire. Damnit Carl! Why can't you just... Just... Just... Clone him! Yeah, if Carl knew anything at all he would have cloned Willie Roaf YEARS ago. Enough of this drafting one or two tackles every year and hoping some of them can play. Enough of this rolling the dice on a former pro-bowl tackle, and hoping that he can compete for a starting job. You should use your cloning technology. Do you job Carl! Duh! And even if the cloning didn't work out, why don't you just go to Wal Mart and buy another Hall of Fame tackle off the shelf. Are you too cheap? Damnit Carl, you cheapwad. Always waiting for a sale... :LAME:

It's easier than that!
Why didn't you replace Roaf's knees with bionic ones when you traded for him Carl?

mcan
07-29-2006, 11:09 PM
It's easier than that!
Why didn't you replace Roaf's knees with bionic ones when you traded for him Carl?

Yeah! And what about Scarecrow's brain?!!!

milkman
07-29-2006, 11:13 PM
Yeah! And what about Scarecrow's brain?!!!

What's Harvey Williams got to do with anything now?

When you think about it, he did look like a scarecrow.

mcan
07-29-2006, 11:26 PM
What's Harvey Williams got to do with anything now?

When you think about it, he did look like a scarecrow.

Oh yeah, yeah, yeah... :looks around and nods:

http://athletics.gallaudet.edu/Archive/04_05/images/wrestling/heads/williams.jpg http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_home/the_wizard_of_oz/ray_bolger/wizardofoz1.jpg

I can see it... :hmmm:

Otter
07-30-2006, 12:49 AM
find a suitable back-up for Trent

Ever hear of Brodie Croyle?

and the emerging Kennison crisis is how Carl has shrewdly tried to cover this up

Carl told me he tried to call you to let you know but you didn't answer your cell phone. I don't know who to believe now.

HemiEd
07-30-2006, 04:54 AM

As much as I dislike Carl and as much as I've hammered Lamar for his apparent non-concern about winning this thread is WAY over the top.

This was actually a pretty good off season for Carl. Without DV we actually had a draft that made sense. We did sign Turley who was an excellent LT in his day. Law should give us our best secondary in ages. And yes the Oline was a glaring weakness but there's only so much you can do in one offseason. DV left us with a mess and I'm afraid our window will close while we try and clean things up. If you want to blame anyone blame DV.

The team was in far, far better shape when Dick Vermeil left than when he came to the Chiefs. This thread is rediculous.

Otter
07-30-2006, 05:27 AM
There's no nips in that pic

MGRS13
07-30-2006, 05:31 AM
You are right man, now, for the first time since he's been GM the fan's and the press are probably going to say negative things about him. This thread has totally turned me on Peterson, good job for pointing out his first major mistake.

htismaqe
07-30-2006, 05:45 AM

No, this is for real.

KCChiefsFan88 is really this dumb.

munkey
07-30-2006, 05:48 AM
If Lamar Hunt had a single SHRED of desire to win in him he would have fired Carl for this latest fiasco, involving Roaf. Naming Thum the Interim GM for the season and giving Carl a dignified firing (i.e. give him a choice of "retiring") would have been the appropriate decision. Of course Lamar Hunt has confirmed over and over again that he is no better of an owner than David Glass (in terms of a complete lack of desire to win), and if it weren't for the extensive revenue sharing and the TV contract revenue that the Chiefs' receive, this franchise under Hunt would mirror the current state of the Royals under Glass.

The Chiefs offense is going to take a nose dive of epic proportions this season and it is all due to Carl's blatant negligence of the offense this offseason (and really the past 3 offseasons). The Chiefs have done nothing in free agency or the draft this offseason to upgrade the WR position, find a suitable back-up RB to LJ, replace T-Rich (and letting T-Rich get away for that matter), find eventual replacements for Roaf and Shields, find a suitable back-up for Trent, etc.

And of course it all started with the very first major error Peterson committed this offseason which was letting his petty differences with Al Saunders get in the way of doing what was best for the team which was to keep Saunders at all costs on as offensive coordinator (and it is still my opinion that Al Saunders was the right choice to be the Chiefs head coach and not Marty-wannabe Herm).

Another thing that angers the hell out of me about this fiasco, and the emerging Kennison crisis is how Carl has shrewdly tried to cover this up and create an elaborate spin campaign to try to prepare fans for his latest screw ups. This elaborate spin campaign involved Carl rushing to get Ty Law signed as training camp approaching, knowing full well that his Roaf and Kennison debacles would soon be exposed. That is also the reason Carl went on an uncharacteristic (for him) media blitz the days following the Ty Law signing (how many different interviews did Carl give the days following the Law signing??) It was his way of trying to get out in front of the pending public disclosure of the Roaf and Kennison situations.

:shake:

AND to think you have over 1500 posts....

htismaqe
07-30-2006, 06:42 AM
:shake:

AND to think you have over 1500 posts....

Every single one of the them is just like that one.

ChiefButthurt
07-30-2006, 06:59 AM
Hey KCCHIEFSFAN88...now that's what it feels like to have the shit kicked out of you on CP. :clap:

penguinz
07-30-2006, 07:49 AM
After this thread how does KCCHIEFSFAN88 still have green dots under his name?

milkman
07-30-2006, 08:00 AM
After this thread how does KCCHIEFSFAN88 still have green dots under his name?

Speaking for myself, I don't give neg rep to a dumbass who only shares his dumbass opinion about football.

Besides, his post had me LMAO.

Can't neg rep someone that gives me a good laugh like that.

Bowser
07-30-2006, 08:23 AM
Only Dan Snyder is allowed to ignore the salary cap.

FringeNC
07-30-2006, 08:27 AM
KCChiefsFan88:

I hated the Herm Edwards hiring (coup?) also, the retaining of Gun, letting Saunders go (and not promoting him to HC)....all that stuff, but you have accept it and move on if you are still going to be a fan.

Adept Havelock
07-30-2006, 08:51 AM
There's no nips in that pic

Hey, Otter found a pic of Quato's sister....

Hail Quato, leader of the resistance....

shaneo69
07-30-2006, 10:28 AM
And any moron could tell you that we needed DT, DE, safety and corner.

It sounds like instead of blaming Carl for Roaf's retirement, we should be blaming someone in the organization (or more conveniently, someone who recently left the organization) for allowing this many holes to develop on our roster.

With needs at OL, WR, DT, DE, safety, and corner, Carl would've had to be a miracle worker to fill all those holes in one offseason.

patteeu
07-30-2006, 10:43 AM
From March of this year:

I've been travelling for the past few days and finally had a chance tonight to catch up on all the Chiefs news from the past few days and after reading the article in the KC Star today about the Chiefs having about $7.5 million in cap room, but Carl remaining pretty firm that the Chiefs aren't going to be active in free agency... I don't understand!

Is Carl going to utilize his strategy from 2 years ago where he did next to nothing in free agency, besides re-signing a bunch of STIFFS on defense only to have the entire strategy blow up in his face the following season??

I'm not suggesting the Chiefs go on a spending spree or that they should be as active as they were last offseason, but the fact is this team isn't that far away, with an offense that probably has a 1 year window, and a defense with gaping holes in the secondary and on the defensive line. If the Chiefs are really interested in competing for a Super Bowl next season, wouldn't it be in the team's best interest to be aggressive in trying to sign a CB such as Ty Law, or a DE such as Trevor Pryce?

Judging from Carl's comments, this is going to be classic Carl Peterson... totally un-interested in doing what it takes to get the Chiefs over the top.

What a damn freaking shame

If only KCChiefsfan88 would have suggested, earlier this year, that Carl find a replacement for a HOF LT in his spare time, the Chiefs would have been sitting pretty now.

mlyonsd
07-30-2006, 10:49 AM
Maybe Carl should have put Roaf on the trading block before this years draft and hope that a team willing to trade for a pick wouldn't think to call Willie to ask him if he was going to retire.

milkman
07-30-2006, 10:51 AM
It sounds like instead of blaming Carl for Roaf's retirement, we should be blaming someone in the organization (or more conveniently, someone who recently left the organization) for allowing this many holes to develop on our roster.

With needs at OL, WR, DT, DE, safety, and corner, Carl would've had to be a miracle worker to fill all those holes in one offseason.

I'm not deflecting blame for these holes from Carl.

The point was that Carl addressed needs, and some might say the needs he addressed were the more immediate at the time he addressed them.

jspchief
07-30-2006, 11:00 AM
The Chiefs offense is going to take a nose dive of epic proportions this season and it is all due to Carl's blatant negligence of the offense this offseason (and really the past 3 offseasons). This might be the stupidest post ever submitted in the history of Chiefsplanet (and that's no small hill to climb).

4th and Long
07-30-2006, 11:14 AM

KCChiefsfan88, isn't it true that you believe all this crap you posted?
[game-show buzzer sound] eeehhhhh!
Sorry, your time's run out! What do we have for the losers, judge? Well Johnny, it's a brand new Jake Plummer jersey! Yay! Thank you for playing "Should we or should we not follow the advice of the galactically stupid!"

KCChiefsFan88
07-30-2006, 06:14 PM
The Ty Law signing was rumored for months, most people expected him to sign here including Edwards in lots of off the record comments that have come out since the signing. There was no rush, because Law was never going to sign with anyone much before camp.

As for WR, you have Sammie Parker entering his third, and potentially breakthrough, season. Cro Thorpe completely healthy and entering his second and Jeff Webb, a 6th round draft pick who impressed everyone during offseason workouts and could possibly (or likely, even) be our 4th receiver.

We signed Turley, we have Sampson back and healthy and probably starting at right tackle when the season opens. We have Black as a backup or potential starter, and we have an all NFLE LT to spend another camp and season learning the ropes.

No team signed Saunders as head coach. Why should we have, if he was such a lock as a candidate? There were a lot of open jobs and he didn't land a single one of them. There's probably a reason for that. And let's see how Solari does before we call him a failure.

Of course, I'm not expecting any of this to sink in. I don't particularly like Carl either, I just don't let my feelings one way or the other cloud reality.

BULLSHIT. Herm knew the Ty Law signing would happen right before training camp because he knew that is when Carl would rush to get a deal done in order to get ahead of the pending public exposure of the "Roaf Secret" which both Carl and Herm knew about for MONTHS as well.

As for the WR position... go to the 31 defensive coordinators in the NFL and ask any of them if Samie Parker, Crap Thorpe or Jeff Webb scare them. After they are done laughing in your face they'll tell you HELL NO. And if Kennison's contract issue blows up and he makes himself unavailable the Chiefs WR position is as bad off as the left tackle situation.

And let's analyze your rationale for why we shouldn't worry about the left tackle situation without Roaf.

We have Kyle Turley (an injury prone journeyman who didn't even play in the NFL last season and when he did play his better position was RIGHT tackle), Will Svitek (who you claim is qualified because he's an all-NFLE LT, as if that qualifies him to step in and replace Roaf) and of course Jordan Black (you can just hear the Denver Broncos defensive coaching staff erupting in a chorus of cheers now).

Do yourself (and this goes for the other Carl ass-kissers who grace this board) a favor and stop using your mouth as an enema to Carl's ass and get a grip on the reality of the Chiefs' DIRE situation on offense.

KCChiefsFan88
07-30-2006, 06:17 PM

You rarely if ever hear from Carl, in terms of this many interviews after a single free agent signing.

This was all his way of getting out ahead of the pending exposure of his little Roaf secret.

KCChiefsFan88
07-30-2006, 06:21 PM

A few things:

1) Turley was a decent RIGHT tackle in his day, which was the position he played the majority of the time during his career with the Saints and the Rams. I have no idea (other than perhaps Carl's propaganda?) where you are getting this crap about Turley being an "excellent LT in his day". And remember Turley's "day" was 2 years ago, in terms of the last time he played in the NFL.

2) You claim there is "only so much you can do in one offseason" as if the Chiefs are super active in free agency. Exactly who were the Chiefs signing from March until the end of July with the Law acquisition except for a few no-name defensive players??

3) The "mess" you are claiming Vermeil left was a 10-6 team, coming off playing one of the most difficult schedules in the league, and an offense that ranked #1 in the NFL. If Herm gets even close to that, considering his Martyball inclinations and considering how horribly Carl has botched this offseason, it will be a miracle.

KCChiefsFan88
07-30-2006, 06:22 PM

xoxo~
Gaz

You can remove your head from Carl's ass at any time now

KCChiefsFan88
07-30-2006, 06:23 PM
Carls the toast of the town when he gets Law, then Roaf decides his body can't handle it, so Carl should be thrown to the wolves. I honestly didn't expect willie to retire, if anyone i thought it'd be shields. It seemed Willie was on board if Shields was.

Maybe you didn't expect Roaf to retire, but Carl should have expected it considering Roaf TOLD him about his decision months ago.

KCChiefsFan88
07-30-2006, 06:24 PM
in17 years has Carl ever picked up in back to back offseasons
2 players the caliber of Surtain and Law?

Can Surtain/Law play left tackle?

Cochise
07-30-2006, 06:27 PM
Best ChiefsPlanet meltdown EVARR!!!

KCChiefsFan88
07-30-2006, 06:34 PM

1. I can't believe we signed a pro-bowl cornerback. I mean, who do you think you're kidding Carl? Well, not me! I'm onto you. You're not gonna pull the wool over MY eyes with Ty Law's fancy 10 interceptions per year. It's clear that you're only doing this for YOU. Well I don't drink the Kool Aid Carl. You didn't do this to help shore up our crappy defense at all! :LAME:

3. OK, so maybe I was too harsh on you Carl. But at least you should have let us know (before we bought our season tickets) that Roaf might retire. You should have held a press conference and said publicly that Roaf had a private conversation with you about retiring. Hey! We have a right to know. Who cares if Roaf hadn't announced it, did all the national papers decide to "wait and see" when Dewey defeated Truman for the presidential election? No! They took the bull by the horns and were honest with the people. Damnit Carl, you are such a liar! :LAME:

4. The last straw is how you refused to go immediately to the public to let us know about Kennison wanting more money. NOT telling us about private negotiations is the same as lying, and I'm not gonna stand for it anymore. Don't you know that Kennison reporting to camp, but being unhappy with his contract is a minor nuisance! You should have called him out to the media weeks ago, and positioned yourself for a lengthy and bitter contract dispute. :LAME:

5. And I can't say enough about how STUPID it is that you have only signed two young quarterbacks since Todd Collins retired. This offense is FOOKED without somebody over the age of 30 sitting on the bench every Sunday. I mean, Jeff George is ready to go!!! Damnit Carl! :LAME:

1) I love this logic that we should completely ignore Carl's massive botch-job with Roaf and the left tackle situation simply because he signed Ty Law. Can Law play left tackle? Can Law protect Trent's blind side?

2) How many Pro Bowls did Kyle Turley make as a LEFT TACKLE. How many games has Kyle Turley played the past 2 seasons? Relying on A) Roaf to somehow change his mind or B) Relying on a washed up journeyman former RIGHT Tackle Pro Bowl/Jordan Black/A young project who still hasn't accomplished anything outside of NFL Europe fame is not properly preparing for Roaf's retirement.

3) And you assume Roaf didn't want his retirement decision made public because?? It was more than likely Carl's request to Roaf to keep his retirement decision private, in the hopes that by keeping it quiet it would provide an opportunity for Roaf to change his mind by training camp (which he didn't do, which FORCED the Chiefs to disclose the Roaf secret).

4) I actually don't blame Carl for not disclosing the Kennison contract situation as much as I do the local media in KC. Someone should have dug around to find this out. If anyone thinks Kennison suddenly showed up to training camp and decided he was unhappy with his contract situation (and he should be considering his importance to the Chiefs since they have no other WR even close to what he brings to the offense), they are fooling themselves. This is something that has been brewing for a while.

milkman
07-30-2006, 06:35 PM
Best ChiefsPlanet meltdown EVARR!!!

No it's not.

To have a meltdown. one must have grey matter that isn't already melted.

KCCF88 doesn't qualify.

Sully
07-30-2006, 06:36 PM
I'm printing this off and driving it down to post on the dorm walls, right now.
If Carl sees this, maybe he can go out and sign and trade for all those Hall of Fame, Pro Bowl Tackles who are available.

KCChiefsFan88
07-30-2006, 06:41 PM
KCChiefsFan88:

I hated the Herm Edwards hiring (coup?) also, the retaining of Gun, letting Saunders go (and not promoting him to HC)....all that stuff, but you have accept it and move on if you are still going to be a fan.

Nope I won't get on my knees and open my mouth wide for Carl and accept his bullshit, as so many other Chiefs fans apparently are willing to do.

This Roaf situation is just another example of Carl's blatant inability to proactively get in front of a problem and address the problem before it blows up and derails a Chiefs season. You can go back throughout Carl's tenure in KC and whether it was failing to address the Chiefs woes on offense following the Colts playoff loss disaster (which resulted in the Chiefs missing the playoffs the following season), failing to address the disaster on defense following the second Colts playoff disaster (and hiring Fraud Cunningham and wishing that a simple scheme change would cure all doesn't count) or failing to address the lack of feature RB until it led to a situation where the Chiefs' only hope on offense was to rely on the likes of Elvis Grbac to throw the ball 50 times a game the common theme is Peterson's FAILURE as a GM to be proactive, rather than simply being reactive.

Seriously how much longer are the Peterson ass kissers going to continue to worship and defend him simply because he has done a better job than Jack Steadman?? That is like saying someone is a better coach because they have done a better job than Rich Kotite. That is like saying someone is a better offensive coordinator because they have done a better job than Paul Hackett.

KCChiefsFan88
07-30-2006, 06:44 PM

So you are blaming Vermeil for all these problems????

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Yeah I can just see it....

Carl: "You know Dick, we really need to upgrade the WR position, begin to prepare for life without Roaf and upgrade the talent level on defense, I'm asking you after all because you have final control over all of these matters and I'am a mere pawn in your empire of control"

Dick: "Nah we are good Carl, chill"

Dude get a grip on a reality

Adept Havelock
07-30-2006, 06:44 PM
We have Kyle Turley (an injury prone journeyman who didn't even play in the NFL and when he did his better position was RIGHT tackle),

So he never played in the NFL...except for when he did?

Looks like KCChiefsfan88 went and caught a bad case of the dumbass.

htismaqe
07-30-2006, 06:46 PM
This might be the stupidest post ever submitted in the history of Chiefsplanet (and that's no small hill to climb).

You should learn to be patient. He's topped himself at least 3 times since you posted this.

htismaqe
07-30-2006, 06:47 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Carl: "You know Dick, we really need to upgrade the WR position, begin to prepare for life without Roaf and upgrade the talent level on defense, I'm asking you after all because you have final control over all of these matters and I'am a mere pawn in your empire of control"

OMG, this is classic.

First he neg reps me because he thought I was a Martyball lover.

Now he's ripping on shane for being a Carl Apologist.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

cdcox
07-30-2006, 06:51 PM
Nope I won't get on my knees and open my mouth wide for Carl and accept his bullshit, as so many other Chiefs fans apparently are willing to do.

This Roaf situation is just another example of Carl's blatant inability to proactively get in front of a problem and address the problem before it blows up and derails a Chiefs season. You can go back throughout Carl's tenure in KC and whether it was failing to address the Chiefs woes on offense following the Colts playoff loss disaster (which resulted in the Chiefs missing the playoffs the following season), failing to address the disaster on defense following the second Colts playoff disaster (and hiring Fraud Cunningham and wishing that a simple scheme change would cure all doesn't count) or failing to address the lack of feature RB until it led to a situation where the Chiefs' only hope on offense was to rely on the likes of Elvis Grbac to throw the ball 50 times a game the common theme is Peterson's FAILURE as a GM to be proactive, rather than simply being reactive.

Seriously how much longer are the Peterson ass kissers going to continue to worship and defend him simply because he has done a better job than Jack Steadman?? That is like saying someone is a better coach because they have done a better job than Rich Kotite. That is like saying someone is a better offensive coordinator because they have done a better job than Paul Hackett.

...or like saying QUEEFSXXXVII is a better contributer because they make more sense than KCChiefsfan88.

milkman
07-30-2006, 06:52 PM
Where were you with this rant before Roaf retired?

And even if any of us were as big a dumbass as you are, and wanted to do something about Carl, what exactly are expected to do?

If you can't accept Carl's failures, and I don't disagree with your overall veiwpoint, then your only option, at this point in time, is to find another team, or stfu and accept the fact that we're stuck with him for at least another 4 years.

And beyond that, his successor will probably be hand picked by Carl, so you'll be looking at the same type of mediocrity for a number of years after.

All you're accomplishing right now is making yourself look like the biggest dumbass to ever find a keyboard to pound on.

Cochise
07-30-2006, 06:57 PM
ok, I'm convinced. Why didn't Carl sign one of those all-world tackles who were free agents this year? :doh!:

Adept Havelock
07-30-2006, 07:01 PM
ok, I'm convinced. Why didn't Carl sign one of those all-world tackles who were free agents this year? :doh!:

Yes indeed. We certainly should have been able to trade Dexter McCleon, William Bartee, and Jerome Woods for Orlando Pace or Jonathan Ogden. At the very least. :harumph:

KCChiefsFan88
07-30-2006, 07:04 PM

And even if any of us were as big a dumbass as you are, and wanted to do something about Carl, what exactly are expected to do?

If you can't accept Carl's failures, and I don't disagree with your overall veiwpoint, then your only option, at this point in time, is to find another team, or stfu and accept the fact that we're stuck with him for at least another 4 years.

And beyond that, his successor will probably be hand picked by Carl, so you'll be looking at the same type of mediocrity for a number of years after.

All your accomplishing right now is making yourself look like the biggest dumbass to ever find a keyboard to pound on.

Wow sounds you are just willing to accept mediocrity. Why not demand better? Being a fan doesn't mean being a mindless zombie and accepting the status quo (which in Carl's case is 12 years without a playoff win).

KCChiefsFan88
07-30-2006, 07:05 PM

I have voiced my displeasure about Peterson throughout this offseason and this Roaf fiasco was the tipping point.

milkman
07-30-2006, 07:22 PM
Wow sounds you are just willing to accept mediocrity. Why not demand better? Being a fan doesn't mean being a mindless zombie and accepting the status quo (which in Carl's case is 12 years without a playoff win).

So answer the question.

What are we expected to do?

What are you doing aside from rambling on a discussion forum?

4th and Long
07-30-2006, 07:26 PM
So answer the question.

What are we expected to do?

What are you doing aside from rambling on a discussion forum?
Not a damn thing.[/Captain Obvious]

shaneo69
07-30-2006, 07:39 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

I guess you don't read many of my posts. There's only one person to blame for the number of holes on this roster, and that's Carl (although Gretz will always try to blame the outgoing head coach, coordinator, personnel director, or player who quit on the team or failed to develop).

That said, I think we have prepared sufficiently for the loss of Roaf. While it will shock me if Turley makes it out of training camp (desperate move on the part of Carl, if you ask me), I think Svitek should be thrown to the wolves. I don't ever think it's a bad thing when an older, high-salaried player is phased out and a young, cheaper player is able to step in. Had Svitek not played well in NFLE, I would be worried. And based on what coaches have said in the past, Sampson should be an upgrade over Welbourn.

A transition is not always a bad thing.

blueballs
07-30-2006, 07:55 PM
the U comes through again

KcMizzou
07-30-2006, 08:04 PM
the U comes through againThe second line of your post is missing.

ChiefFan31
07-30-2006, 09:45 PM
Wow, this is mind boggling :Robinson:

jidar
07-30-2006, 10:44 PM
Holy shit, this guy is serious. I was reading the thread this far thinking the guy was going to come out any time now and say "got ya!", but no, he's not kidding.

KCChiefsfan88, you may be one of the dumbest football fans on this site, and that's saying a lot. You really have no god damned clue about anything, so shut up.

patteeu
07-30-2006, 11:10 PM
the U comes through again

ROFL

htismaqe
07-31-2006, 05:45 AM
I guess you don't read many of my posts. There's only one person to blame for the number of holes on this roster, and that's Carl (although Gretz will always try to blame the outgoing head coach, coordinator, personnel director, or player who quit on the team or failed to develop).

That said, I think we have prepared sufficiently for the loss of Roaf. While it will shock me if Turley makes it out of training camp (desperate move on the part of Carl, if you ask me), I think Svitek should be thrown to the wolves. I don't ever think it's a bad thing when an older, high-salaried player is phased out and a young, cheaper player is able to step in. Had Svitek not played well in NFLE, I would be worried. And based on what coaches have said in the past, Sampson should be an upgrade over Welbourn.

Excellent post. I agree 100% with everything you said.

Of course, dumbass thinks I love Martyball. ROFL

Inspector
07-31-2006, 06:40 AM

I'm sensing anger here.

You just may need to be burped, that's all.

hawkchief
07-31-2006, 07:40 AM

Two guys who have never played LT in the NFL with one playing for the first time in 3 years and the other being "thrown to the wolves". Yeah, I can sure see how you feel like this is sufficient preparation for losing an 11 time Pro Bowler. Makes perfect sense to me. ;)

htismaqe
07-31-2006, 08:02 AM
Two guys who have never played LT in the NFL with one playing for the first time in 3 years and the other being "thrown to the wolves". Yeah, I can sure see how you feel like this is sufficient preparation for losing an 11 time Pro Bowler. Makes perfect sense to me. ;)

There's simply no way to "sufficiently" prepare for losing a Hall of Famer.

That being said, we do have the best LT from NFLE ready to go, so all is not lost.

Dartgod
07-31-2006, 08:03 AM
Since Turley was really a probowl RT, the only obvious solution is to find a left handed QB.

It was nice knowing you Trent...

Cormac
07-31-2006, 09:42 AM

Wow, Packfan. I'd been wondering where you were!

:rolleyes:

Stinger
07-31-2006, 10:00 AM

Oh come now how can you doubt the KC way ... to take a player that plays a position and make something out them. I.E. taking Safteys and turning them into Corner Backs, or light DE and making them Line Backers look how well that worked out in the past.

:D

shaneo69
07-31-2006, 10:01 AM

Carl has been drafting OT's every freaking year trying to prepare for this transition. You've gotta give these guys a chance eventually. Did anyone think an undrafted TE named Brian Waters would turn out to be a better OG than Dave Szott? Did anyone think a 7th round pick who played defense his first three years at Penn St. (Szott) would be a pro bowl caliber player for 10 years for us?

If you can start minimum salary guys at both tackles, it frees up money to spend at the skill positions like CB.

htismaqe
07-31-2006, 10:15 AM
Carl has been drafting OT's every freaking year trying to prepare for this transition. You've gotta give these guys a chance eventually. Did anyone think an undrafted TE named Brian Waters would turn out to be a better OG than Dave Szott? Did anyone think a 7th round pick who played defense his first three years at Penn St. (Szott) would be a pro bowl caliber player for 10 years for us?

If you can start minimum salary guys at both tackles, it frees up money to spend at the skill positions like CB.

Bingo.

And like I said, it's not like we're trotting out a relative unknown out there.

Svitek was BY FAR the best NFLE LT this past season.

hawkchief
07-31-2006, 03:35 PM

Are you serious? I can't recall any Super Bowl contenders trying to win in a year that their window of opportunity is rapidly closing, that took a flyer with a rookie or out-of-position re-tread at arguably the most important position on offense. Carl got caught with his pants down here when ROaf retired, and some people don't want to admit it. There are probably 20 starting positions that most coaches would prefer to enter a season with a green-horn. Left tackle in the NFL with an aging quarterback ain't one of them.

BigRedChief
07-31-2006, 03:55 PM

Dude, lets talk here...............No one wants to run King Carl out of town on a rail more than me. Ask anyone here...I have mega King Carl sucks street creed. :)

But you have to give the guy his props this off season. He has done a good job this off season on acquiring new talent to help us win.

hawkchief
07-31-2006, 04:54 PM
Dude, lets talk here...............No one wants to run King Carl out of town on a rail more than me. Ask anyone here...I have mega King Carl sucks street creed. :)

But you have to give the guy his props this off season. He has done a good job this off season on acquiring new talent to help us win.

Peterson has done some good things this off-season, but they don't outweigh his negligence during the time we had an offense featuring players like W. Roaf, a healthy Priest Holmes and Will Shields. Furthermore, being asleep at the switch regarding Roaf's predictable retirement (if, in fact he really was asleep at the switch, or more likely lying about it, to ensure maximum season ticket sales prior to informing his customer) is inexcusable. Sounds like Jared Allen is running circles around Turley in practice. A little late for Carl to be making a decent deal for a LT replacement for an 11 time Pro Bowler.

ChiefsCountry
07-31-2006, 05:30 PM
I know we have two dumba$$es on the board now.

Dartgod
07-31-2006, 05:33 PM
A little late for Carl to be making a decent deal for a LT replacement for an 11 time Pro Bowler.
I don't really follow this stuff, but what FA offensive tackles were available this year that could have stepped in?

shaneo69
07-31-2006, 07:50 PM
I don't really follow this stuff, but what FA offensive tackles were available this year that could have stepped in?

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?positionId=46

Jeff Backus was probably the only Pro Bowl-caliber starting LT but he was given the franchise tag.

I don't know if I'd rather have any of those other guys on the list at LT this season over Svitek.

The only other LT starters on the list were LJ Shelton and Kevin Shaffer. Shelton was released by the Cardinals, and then the Browns let him walk and replaced him with Shaffer, a former Falcons 7th round pick (Svitek was a 6th rounder).

Guru
07-31-2006, 08:06 PM

Ah Geez!!! :shake: :shake: :rolleyes: ROFL STFU

Cochise
07-31-2006, 08:21 PM
So is this guy really a product of Duh-U?

The truth is stranger than fiction.

htismaqe
07-31-2006, 09:17 PM
http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?positionId=46

Jeff Backus was probably the only Pro Bowl-caliber starting LT but he was given the franchise tag.

I don't know if I'd rather have any of those other guys on the list at LT this season over Svitek.

The only other LT starters on the list were LJ Shelton and Kevin Shaffer. Shelton was released by the Cardinals, and then the Browns let him walk and replaced him with Shaffer, a former Falcons 7th round pick (Svitek was a 6th rounder).

There was that one dude from Iowa that was available, but he was whining about wanting alot of money...Ross Verba.

Pasta Giant Meatball
07-31-2006, 09:32 PM
Peterson has done some good things this off-season, but they don't outweigh his negligence during the time we had an offense featuring players like W. Roaf, a healthy Priest Holmes and Will Shields. Furthermore, being asleep at the switch regarding Roaf's predictable retirement (if, in fact he really was asleep at the switch, or more likely lying about it, to ensure maximum season ticket sales prior to informing his customer) is inexcusable. Sounds like Jared Allen is running circles around Turley in practice. A little late for Carl to be making a decent deal for a LT replacement for an 11 time Pro Bowler.

i'm sure plenty of teams were dying to give away stud left tackles the caliber of willie roaf. i'm sure we could have gotten pace for a 7th rounder.

hawkchief
07-31-2006, 10:00 PM
i'm sure plenty of teams were dying to give away stud left tackles the caliber of willie roaf. i'm sure we could have gotten pace for a 7th rounder.

Speaking of being sure, I'm sure Carl could have traded for someone to play LT with at least one down of NFL experience at that position, but he didn't. Overnight, I'm sure we have gone from the penthouse to the outhouse, at one of the most key positions on any team. A top-flight GM would have never let this happen.

Messier
07-31-2006, 10:01 PM
Sounds like Jared Allen is running circles around Turley in practice.

Really? I haven't heard about this. Who's been saying this? Or are you basing this on one still photo of Allen getting around Turley in a practice drill. Look, I don't like Roaf retiring either but why even look to blame anyone? That's what Jack Harrys are for, let's not be a bunch of Jack Harrys we're all better than that.

Pasta Giant Meatball
07-31-2006, 10:27 PM
Really? I haven't heard about this. Who's been saying this? Or are you basing this on one still photo of Allen getting around Turley in a practice drill. Look, I don't like Roaf retiring either but why even look to blame anyone? That's what Jack Harrys are for, let's not be a bunch of Jack Harrys we're all better than that.

if only carl was a "top flight GM" he could have traded for walter jones or ogden to replace roaf....turley obviously has never played a down at LT in his career.

ChiefsCountry
07-31-2006, 11:17 PM
Speaking of being sure, I'm sure Carl could have traded for someone to play LT with at least one down of NFL experience at that position, but he didn't. Overnight, I'm sure we have gone from the penthouse to the outhouse, at one of the most key positions on any team. A top-flight GM would have never let this happen.

You honestly have no clue how the NFL works.

jspchief
07-31-2006, 11:31 PM
I just wanted to mention that this thread has reached 100 posts, thus increasing KCChiefsfan88's value to this board.

Stinger
07-31-2006, 11:36 PM
Could we hold on this thread a while I can only follow one good meltdown thread at a time.

htismaqe
08-01-2006, 05:06 AM
Somebody doesn't know how to read, or they just choose to ignore facts in favor of whining...

Allen running circles around Turley? I think NOT.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=144651

MahiMike
08-01-2006, 06:19 AM
"DV left us with a mess and I'm afraid our window will close while we try and clean things up. If you want to blame anyone blame DV."

Unfreakingbelievable! Best offensive coach we'll ever have. He and Al brought records never to be sniffed again on the offensive side using WR's that aren't good enough to play in college and you say it's DV's fault? What, we should have scored 50 points/game to get over Carl/Gooonther's sad defense? :banghead:

Inspector
08-01-2006, 06:27 AM
I know we have two dumba$$es on the board now.

Hey, there's way more than two of us.

brorth
08-01-2006, 07:01 AM
MAN IN BLACK
All right: where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right and who is dead.
VIZZINI
But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you. Are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet, or his enemy's?
He studies the Man In Black now.
VIZZINI
Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I'm not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool; you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
MAN IN BLACK
(And now there's a trace of nervousness beginning)
You've made your decision then7
VIZZINI
Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows. And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me. So I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.
MAN IN BLACK
Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
VIZZINI
Wait till I get going! Where was I?
MAN IN BLACK
Australia.
VIZZINI
Yes -- Australia, and you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
MAN IN BLACK
(very nervous)
You're just stalling now.
VIZZINI
(cackling)
You'd like to think that, wouldn't you?
(stares at the Man in Black)
You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong. So, you could have put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you. So I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard which means you must have studied. And in studying, you must have learned that man is mortal so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
As Vizzini's pleasure has been growing throughout, the Man In Black's has been fast disappearing.
MAN IN BLACK
You're trying to trick me into giving away something -- it won't work -
VIZZINI
(triumphant)
It has worked -- you've given everything away -- I know where the poison is.
MAN IN BLACK
(fool's courage)
Then make your choice.
VIZZINI
I will. And I choose --
And suddenly he stops, points at something behind the Man In Black.
VIZZINI
-- what in the world can that be?
CUT TO:
THE MAN IN BLACK,
turning around, looking.
MAN IN BLACK
What? Where? I don't see anything.
CUT TO:
VIZZINI,
busily switching the goblets while the Man In Black has his head turned.
VIZZINI
Oh, well, I-I could have sworn I saw something. No matter.
The Man In Black turns to face him again. Vizzini starts to laugh.
MAN IN BLACK
What's so funny?
VIZZINI
I'll tell you in a minute. First, let's drink -- me from my glass, and you from yours.
And he picks up his goblet. The Man In Black picks up the one in front of him. As they both start to drink, Vizzini hesitates a moment.
Then, allowing the Man In Black to drink first, he swallows his wine.
MAN IN BLACK
You guessed wrong.
VIZZINI
(roaring with laughter)
You only think I guessed wrong --
(louder now)
-- that's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned. You fool.
CUT TO:
THE MAN IN BLACK.
There's nothing he can say. He just sits there.
CUT TO:
VIZZINI,
watching him.
VIZZINI
You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia." But only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line."
He laughs and roars and cackles and whoops and is in all ways quite cheery until he falls over dead.

Cochise
08-01-2006, 07:05 AM

That's a great plan... on PS2.

htismaqe
08-01-2006, 07:17 AM
"DV left us with a mess and I'm afraid our window will close while we try and clean things up. If you want to blame anyone blame DV."

Unfreakingbelievable! Best offensive coach we'll ever have. He and Al brought records never to be sniffed again on the offensive side using WR's that aren't good enough to play in college and you say it's DV's fault? What, we should have scored 50 points/game to get over Carl/Gooonther's sad defense? :banghead:

5 years, 1 playoff appearance.

Oh, but those offense records are SO great...

Lzen
08-01-2006, 07:28 AM

KCTitus
08-01-2006, 07:34 AM

LMAO...this has to be one of the dumbest posts Ive read so far. I want this guy running the KC Chiefs, clearly, he knows what he's doing. I mean, cmon!, just friggen trade for an LT...it's easy!

hawkchief
08-01-2006, 07:55 AM
LMAO...this has to be one of the dumbest posts Ive read so far. I want this guy running the KC Chiefs, clearly, he knows what he's doing. I mean, cmon!, just friggen trade for an LT...it's easy!

Effective GM's trade and acquire FA's all the time when there is an obvious need for their team. They anticipate that a 36 year old player that is beaten to a pulp, can hardly walk, has millions in the bank, who has strongly hinted at retiremnt for several years -- might actually do it. They have a backup plan that consists of more than a guy they talk into re-entering the league after a two year absence. While a Pro Bowler might not be available, there are at least 32 back-up LT's in the league that have played more LT than anyone the Chiefs have.

KCTitus
08-01-2006, 08:01 AM
Effective GM's trade and acquire FA's all the time when there is an obvious need for their team. They anticipate that a 36 year old player that is beaten to a pulp, can hardly walk, has millions in the bank, who has strongly hinted at retiremnt for several years -- might actually do it. They have a backup plan that consists of more than a guy they talk into re-entering the league after a two year absence. While a Pro Bowler might not be available, there are at least 32 back-up LT's in the league that have played more LT than anyone the Chiefs have.

Right...there was a glut of FA LT's available and it's been evident 'for years' that Roaf wanted to retire. Roaf didnt claim he wanted to go one more year, nor did he talk Shields out of retiring. That didnt happen, clearly you know better.

Why dont you compile a brief synopsis of your posts/threads during this offseason predicting this and calling on the Chiefs to make a move for an LT and send them to Lamar. I'm willing to bet anything, he'll hire you in seconds.

If you need a reference, I'll glady be one. It's clear to me your GM material.

hawkchief
08-01-2006, 08:19 AM
Right...there was a glut of FA LT's available and it's been evident 'for years' that Roaf wanted to retire. Roaf didnt claim he wanted to go one more year, nor did he talk Shields out of retiring. That didnt happen, clearly you know better.

Why dont you compile a brief synopsis of your posts/threads during this offseason predicting this and calling on the Chiefs to make a move for an LT and send them to Lamar. I'm willing to bet anything, he'll hire you in seconds.

If you need a reference, I'll glady be one. It's clear to me your GM material.

No need for me to apply. Lamar seems quite happy with the way Carl's 5 year plan is unfolding after 16 years. With genious fans like you who continue to support Carls every move, there is no need to make a change yet anyway.

The "real fans" that keep getting fleeced by Carl every year keep believing everything he says and continue to drink his kool aid. (However, judging from the number of ads Carl is running to fire-sale unsold tickets, many of the "real fans" have figured out Carl's game and moved on. That might get Lamar's attention).

The guy has had his turn, and proven he can't deliver a winner. He's proven by failing miserably to his own ( 5year) standards that he is not the genious you want to make him out to be. What's so hard to admit about that? You must be his brother, or maybe his mom, or else a vendor that is profiting from his side show.

KCTitus
08-01-2006, 08:27 AM
No need for me to apply. Lamar seems quite happy with the way Carl's 5 year plan is unfolding after 16 years. With genious fans like you who continue to support Carls every move, there is no need to make a change yet anyway.

The "real fans" that keep getting fleeced by Carl every year keep believing everything he says and continue to drink his kool aid. (However, judging from the number of ads Carl is running to fire-sale unsold tickets, many of the "real fans" have figured out Carl's game and moved on. That might get Lamar's attention).

The guy has had his turn, and proven he can't deliver a winner. He's proven by failing miserably to his own ( 5year) standards that he is not the genious you want to make him out to be. What's so hard to admit about that? You must be his brother, or maybe his mom, or else a vendor that is profiting from his side show.

There it is! The 5-year plan! I knew if I waited long enough, the Holy Grail of the Genious (chiefsplanet spelling) would be unveiled! Isnt it glorious! The 5-year plan....oooohhh, oooohhhhhmmmm....oooohhhmmmm....

Dont sell yourself short, Im sure if you put together a resume of some of your brilliant posts on the subject of football, Im sure that Lamar would at least interview you for a FO job. I know Im convinced and Im just a mere fan....

hawkchief
08-01-2006, 08:29 AM
There it is! The 5-year plan! I knew if I waited long enough, the Holy Grail of the Genious (chiefsplanet spelling) would be unveiled! Isnt it glorious! The 5-year plan....oooohhh, oooohhhhhmmmm....oooohhhmmmm....

Dont sell yourself short, Im sure if you put together a resume of some of your brilliant posts on the subject of football, Im sure that Lamar would at least interview you for a FO job. I know Im convinced and Im just a mere fan....

Wow! What an impressive comeback.

Katie
08-01-2006, 08:35 AM
Wow! I've been out of touch with this board for awhile but jeez...why don't we wait for the season to start before we start the gloom and doom threads?

How many teams have a pro-bowl/hall of fame LT? I'm not happy about Roaf retiring either, but that doesn't automatically mean someone can't step in and play well at the position.

Someone needs to take a chill pill and stop putting the cart before the horse...

htismaqe
08-01-2006, 08:41 AM

These guys are professionals, including the offensive coordinator Mike Solari, who as a line coach quietly assembled one of the best units EVER.

They watch these guys every day in practice. Maybe, just maybe, Roaf's replacement is already on the roster. Or are you suggesting you know more about offensive linemen than Solari?

hawkchief
08-01-2006, 08:57 AM
These guys are professionals, including the offensive coordinator Mike Solari, who as a line coach quietly assembled one of the best units EVER.

They watch these guys every day in practice. Maybe, just maybe, Roaf's replacement is already on the roster. Or are you suggesting you know more about offensive linemen than Solari?

I listened to Carl on Soren Petro's radio show yesterday, and judging from the way he is already throwing Roaf under the bus, saying Willlie called Shields "15 times since February to see if he (Shields) was retiring", Carl sounded more like a 14 year old girl that got surprisingly dumped by a boy, as opposed to a competent, visionary leader who has a replacement "already on the roster". We'll see.

No question we have had a great offense, and having All-Pro's like Willie Roaf, Shieldds, Waters and Weigman helped Solari, Vermeil and Saudners look even smarter than they are. Just because we've enjoyed some years with a great offense doesn't excuse the fact that our overall team performance has not been good enough to garner a playoff win in ages.

Dartgod
08-01-2006, 09:07 AM
...having All-Pro's like Willie Roaf, Shieldds, Waters and Weigman helped Solari, Vermeil and Saudners look even smarter than they are.
Right. Because there's no way that group of coaches had anything to do with those player's development at all. They came straight out of college as All-Pro's.

htismaqe
08-01-2006, 09:08 AM
I listened to Carl on Soren Petro's radio show yesterday, and judging from the way he is already throwing Roaf under the bus, saying Willlie called Shields "15 times since February to see if he (Shields) was retiring", Carl sounded more like a 14 year old girl that got surprisingly dumped by a boy, as opposed to a competent, visionary leader who has a replacement "already on the roster". We'll see.

No question we have had a great offense, and having All-Pro's like Willie Roaf, Shieldds, Waters and Weigman helped Solari, Vermeil and Saudners look even smarter than they are. Just because we've enjoyed some years with a great offense doesn't excuse the fact that our overall team performance has not been good enough to garner a playoff win in ages.

Nice dodge.

duncan_idaho
08-01-2006, 09:12 AM
This is the news from the Sporting News front... don't be surprised if Roaf "unretires" once TC is over ... not saying to expect it, just don't be surprised.

So says Dan Pompeii in this week's mag...

Cochise
08-01-2006, 09:16 AM
...are you suggesting you know more about offensive linemen than Solari?

"Well,

I listened to Carl on Soren Petro's radio show yesterday

ROFL

Lzen
08-01-2006, 09:21 AM

KCTitus
08-01-2006, 09:25 AM
Wow! What an impressive comeback.

I know...there really isnt much else you could have said to make yourself look a bigger dumbass but I have faith in geniouses (chiefsplanet spelling) like yourself to constantly raise the bar.

Keep up the nice work.

hawkchief
08-01-2006, 09:54 AM
I know...there really isnt much else you could have said to make yourself look a bigger dumbass but I have faith in geniouses (chiefsplanet spelling) like yourself to constantly raise the bar.

Keep up the nice work.

Pretty impressive work by constantly throwing tags like "dumbass" around because someone has a position that differs than yours. (BTW, that's usually a good sign you have been defeated). I'm sure you have some very solid personal relationships in your life and are a terrific businessman. Congratulations!

htismaqe
08-01-2006, 09:56 AM
Pretty impressive work by constantly throwing tags like "dumbass" around because someone has a position that differs than yours. (BTW, that's usually a good sign you have been defeated). I'm sure you have some very solid personal relationships in your life and are a terrific businessman. Congratulations!

Just an FYI.

He didn't call you a dumbass because he doesn't agree. He called you a dumbass because your opinion is STUPID.

hawkchief
08-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Just an FYI.

He didn't call you a dumbass because he doesn't agree. He called you a dumbass because your opinion is STUPID.

What an impressive board, where the moderators get to decide whose opinions are smart or stupid. Talk about impressive!

Cochise
08-01-2006, 10:02 AM
Ok, ok, hawkchief. You're right. You are right and the other 99% of the board population is wrong. You're the only person here who understands football.

htismaqe
08-01-2006, 10:05 AM
What an impressive board, where the moderators get to decide whose opinions are smart or stupid. Talk about impressive!

Me being a moderator has nothing to do with me being a member.

And this member doesn't mince words: you're opinion is stupid.

htismaqe
08-01-2006, 10:07 AM
Ok, ok, hawkchief. You're right. You are right and the other 99% of the board population is wrong. You're the only person here who understands football.

Well, he did listen to a Carl Peterson interview one time on the radio...

KCTitus
08-01-2006, 10:21 AM

Clearly, Ive sandied your gina...and for that I apologize. Since you're clearly much more astute than I in matters of not only NFL Front Office operations but also debate skills, maybe you could help me find a better 'tag' to identify a poster who is clearly communicating through one's a$$? I always thought dumbass was apropos term for that kind of action, but you tell me, what would be the appropriate term for someone who has no clue what they're saying, but says it anyway?

Thanks in advance.

ChiefsCountry
08-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Ahh yes hawkchief, what a smart man. First he is basically here to bash Carl, which is cool with me but its his main adgenda. Next he thinks we werent prepared even though we signed Turley and drafted two tackles last year plus we have Black who played the position a year ago. While we dont have an all-pro replacement, we could in Turley, we are covered considering the time frame.

StcChief
08-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Life after Roaf will go on.....Turley, Svitek....

ProBowler maybe not, how many do you get a decade
per team?

We were lucky to have Roaf as long as we did
considering the sh1t turf in NO superdome. He even said it knocked 2-3 years off his career.

milkman
08-01-2006, 07:10 PM

You just don't get it.

Almost everyone here who has called you a dumbass, and who you perceive to be ones who "drink the koolaid" are people who have, over the years, bitched incessantly about Carl.

We understand that he hasn't accomplished the goal.
We believe that he hasn't done more than a mediocre job overall.

But the fact is, there just hasn't been a quality LT available the last couple of seasons who would be happy sitting the bench behind Roaf, waiting for him to retire, and the kids in the draft wern't sure fire candidates at the spots we picked.

We've also had a crappy defense over the last 5 years, and many of our picks have gone to that side of the ball in an attempt to upgrade.

I bet you weren't melting down when Carl selected DJ instead of picking a LT when that pick came up.

The fact is, Carl has done a good job in the last two off seasons, but this team had just to many holes that needed to be filled, making it damn near impossible to fill holes that might need to be filled.

Rausch
08-01-2006, 07:22 PM

This might be the greatest collection of dumbassery and nose-digging-cluelessness assembled since Packfan took his toys and went home.

You complain about offseason moves when we're a top 5 offense and the rest of your gripes aren't even related to Peterson.

Kennison holding out is due to Peterson? Roaf being older than ****ing Yoda is Peterson's fault?

And you've even managed to spin the best FA move in 5 or more years into both a conspiracy and a negative.

You should wear a helmet and avoid chocolate...

KCChiefsFan88
12-27-2007, 12:29 PM
This was my take on Dictator Carl's handling of the Chiefs before LAST season... I really love being right.

BUMP

Reerun_KC
12-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Damn well done!

memyselfI
12-27-2007, 01:54 PM
08-01-2006, 08:22 PM
Post #136

Rausch
Teacher's Aid

This might be the greatest collection of dumbassery and nose-digging-cluelessness assembled since Packfan took his toys and went home.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

TEX
12-27-2007, 03:52 PM
This was my take on Dictator Carl's handling of the Chiefs before LAST season... I really love being right.

BUMP

Many folks shared your opinion and were also correct. But the deal is when we're right about stuff like this - we don't win anything - because it means the Chiefs suck. So, its a shallow "I told ya so" at best.

Mecca
12-27-2007, 04:02 PM
No one really wants to be right about this sort of thing, but when you get called a moron 500 times for basically stating a realistic opinion...that comes true...

Count Zarth
12-27-2007, 04:22 PM

BUMP

Well, you weren't right. In 2006 the offense didn't take an enormous nose dive. They were decent.