PDA

View Full Version : No Love For Svitek

SLAG
07-30-2006, 08:41 AM
I see all this talk around the board... about how the seasons over now that roaf retires...

but...

what about this Svitek Chap... a budding young Lineman that has made the switch (VERY successfully i have heard) from DL to OL-

I'm on the Svitek bandwagon.

http://www.parm.net/b3ta/bandwagon.jpg

are you

Hog Farmer
07-30-2006, 08:47 AM
I'm with ya!

Like we have a choice!:shrug:

R&GHomer
07-30-2006, 08:50 AM
I watched "camping with the chiefs" and that is a big boy. My main concern is if he is sloted as a starter will he be able to hold up for an entire season? He just came off a full season in Europe, followed by a full camp. It's got to take a toll.

SLAG
07-30-2006, 08:51 AM
I just dont think Turley is going to be the same ol dude...

I think he is this years kendrall bell

SLAG
07-30-2006, 08:51 AM
I watched "camping with the chiefs" and that is a big boy. My main concern is if he is sloted as a starter will he be able to hold up for an entire season? He just came off a full season in Europe, followed by a full camp. It's got to take a toll.

Hes a young dude...

young dudes can do anything

milkman
07-30-2006, 08:52 AM
Svitek did look good in Europe, but he isn't polished yet, and he put in a full NFLE season.

To ask him to play a full NFL season after that wouldn't be smart.

SLAG
07-30-2006, 08:52 AM
Svitek did look good in Europe, but he isn't polished yet, and he put in a full NFLE season.

To ask him to play a full NFL season after that wouldn't be smart.

didnt almost the same thing happend to an Guard name Will Shields?

milkman
07-30-2006, 08:53 AM

No.

Marcellus
07-30-2006, 08:54 AM

Brian Waters was an NFLE product.

FringeNC
07-30-2006, 08:58 AM
Everyone was on the Svitek bandwagon, I thought. The unfortunate fact is that he is no Wille Roaf, especially at this point in his career.

R&GHomer
07-30-2006, 09:06 AM
Hes a young dude...

young dudes can do anything

:) At least they think they can.

R&GHomer
07-30-2006, 09:12 AM

I don't have a good read on Turley at all. I heard the interviews regarding his weight and he's claiming to be exactly where he needs to be and will gain about another 10 pounds. My problem is, I've never really heard how he hurt his back in the first place and how serious it was. It almost sounded like he was having problems, got into a big pissing match with his coach and retired. Does anyone have some insight into what the injury was?

Adept Havelock
07-30-2006, 09:17 AM
I don't have a good read on Turley at all. I heard the interviews regarding his weight and he's claiming to be exactly where he needs to be and will gain about another 10 pounds. My problem is, I've never really heard how he hurt his back in the first place and how serious it was. It almost sounded like he was having problems, got into a big pissing match with his coach and retired. Does anyone have some insight into what the injury was?

He hurt his back when slamming Mike Martz's head repeatedly into Georgia Frontiere.

I'm not really sure what it was. I know he had surgery between the 03 and 04 seasons, and hurt his back in Training Camp in 04. :shrug:

|Zach|
07-30-2006, 09:18 AM
Word on Turley is that is footwork and technique have been perfect...he just needs a lil more size...

Adept Havelock
07-30-2006, 09:19 AM
Word on Turley is that is footwork and technique have been perfect...he just needs a lil more size...
ROFL
Heard that from Terrell Davis, did you?

R&GHomer
07-30-2006, 09:22 AM
He hurt his back when slamming Mike Martz's head repeatedly into Georgia Frontiere.

I'm not really sure what it was. I know he had surgery between the 03 and 04 seasons, and hurt his back in Training Camp in 04. :shrug:

I'm sure he had to pass his physical, are the docks putting him at 100%? If so, maybe he just tried to come back to soon in 04. I'm just going to try and stay positive for now. If Turley can come back close to what he was, loosing Roaf won't hurt nearly as much. Damn, this is just like every other year.... if, if, if, if, if. Oh, how much difference a few days can make.

Adept Havelock
07-30-2006, 09:24 AM
If Turley can come back close to what he was, loosing Roaf won't hurt nearly as much.
As the Bard said: Aye, there's the rub.
Can we be lucky with signing a walking wounded LT twice in a row? I sure as hell hope so.

Chieftain58
07-30-2006, 09:32 AM
All Svitek needs is to play. He's going to make mistakes but will dominate when he gets the position figured out. Will he replace Roaf? No, but can anyone replace Roaf?

|Zach|
07-30-2006, 09:36 AM
ROFL
Heard that from Terrell Davis, did you?
What?

Adept Havelock
07-30-2006, 09:43 AM
What?

There's been a few TD is gay comments floating around the planet lately. You made a comment about "size"...do I really need to explain any further? This post has already made it so that (weak attempt of mine at) humor wouldn't voom if you put four thousand volts through it. :cuss:

|Zach|
07-30-2006, 09:43 AM
heh

CosmicPal
07-30-2006, 10:06 AM

Yep...that's what I was thinkng. You have to consider the fact that he came off a full year of college football > being drafted by the Chiefs > Doing OTAs > Training camp w/KC > full season w/NFLE > and then a couple of weeks later > training camp w/KC.

That will its take a toll on anyone.

He will make the squad, and he will spot guys now and then. But, he won't be returning to the the NFLE league and instead he will get his rest where he will challenge for a starting position from then on. But, for now, I'd be surprised if the guy doesn't feel pain when he bends over to pick up the morning paper.

I will tell you one thing, he should be called Iron Man for what he's had to endure in the past year alone.

jspchief
07-30-2006, 10:48 AM
While I'm optimistic about Svitek, I also realize that the best tackle in NFLE could be the worst tackle in the NFL.

He went up against vastly inferior talent in Europe.

Mr. Laz
07-30-2006, 10:56 AM
i watched svitek in NFLE and he has the tools.

can he translate success in NFLE to success in the NFL??

*crossing fingers*

i hope that our tackles of the future are already in place.

svitek at left tackle ... sampson at right tackle.

this year?? :shrug:

morphius
07-30-2006, 10:57 AM
I'm hoping he can put it together. I would like to see him running with the first offense a good chunk of the time in TC to at least give him a shot. Just because Black has a lot of starts there doesn't mean he should be starting there...

Thig Lyfe
07-30-2006, 11:13 AM

Not really. Bell got a pretty good contract and did nothing, whereas Turley is a very low-risk pickup. Not sure on the numbers, but they're not comparable to Bell's. If Turley flops, it'll just mean we move on to Plan B.

ChiefaRoo
07-30-2006, 11:25 AM
I like Svitek after watching him a few times playing Euro ball. Long arms, keeps himself low and has the overall size and girth to play tackle. Can he block the speed rushers? I don't think anyone knows yet. Hopefully he'll do something in the pre-season. IMO, the best bet short of Roaf coming out of retirement would be for Will to play RT and Turley to play like he used to at LT. Personally, I'm not worried about Turley's weight. If he plays the angles and with leverage then weight isn't as big a deal as some would think.

I'm still holding out hope that Willie decides to play sometime in late Aug. or Sept.

Nightwish
07-30-2006, 11:39 AM
I'm sure he had to pass his physical, are the docks putting him at 100%?
The docks don't have him at 100% yet. They think he needs to work out a little moor, but after that it should be smooth sailing! Hopefully he'll be able to scrape the barnacles off during training camp.

RedThat
07-30-2006, 12:31 PM
i watched svitek in NFLE and he has the tools.

can he translate success in NFLE to success in the NFL??

*crossing fingers*

i hope that our tackles of the future are already in place.

svitek at left tackle ... sampson at right tackle.

this year?? :shrug:

He has the tools?

That is a positive. I guess it's a matter of coaching the guy? :shrug:

Fish
07-30-2006, 12:43 PM
While I'm optimistic about Svitek, I also realize that the best tackle in NFLE could be the worst tackle in the NFL.

He went up against vastly inferior talent in Europe.

Very true... but beating up on those NFLE guys more than likely gave him a good deal of confidence. And if he can maintain that confidence level and work hard enough, he's gonna get his chance. He's a tough guy. He got into several fights last year with the various fatasses on the DL, so the kids got heart...

I wouldn't make any predictions, but I'm gonna be pulling for him....

Mr. Laz
07-30-2006, 01:17 PM
He has the tools?

That is a positive. I guess it's a matter of coaching the guy? :shrug:
it seems like he does have the physical size,strength and speed to play left tackle.

he works good with his hands and has decent leverage.

but he showed those things against Defensive ends from the NFLE .... which is a far,far cry for NFL defensive ends. It might be one of the biggest positions of difference between the nfl and nfle imo.

NFL DE's are on a completely difference level

can svitek step up?

if he can, he'll replace jordan black as our starting left tackle before we even play a preseason game.

stay tuned ..... same bat time, same bat channel

htismaqe
07-30-2006, 02:57 PM
I've heard Baldinger and Grunny pimp this guy enough to believe that he'd at least be a better option than Black.

Work him with the ones during TC and let him do it.

Moooo
07-30-2006, 03:07 PM
I've heard Baldinger and Grunny pimp this guy enough to believe that he'd at least be a better option than Black.

Work him with the ones during TC and let him do it.

Or, since size is an issue for Turley, why aren't we sharing the snaps between the two in a more equal manner than most times? Like give Turley 2/3, and Svitek 1/3.

I'm just some fan, but it sounds like a good idea to me.

Moooo