PDA

View Full Version : Carl Peterson on Petro's show...

bobbything
07-31-2006, 10:53 AM
Sounds like he's begging Roaf to reconsider. Saying, directly to Roaf, to not make an "emotional" decision and to really "think it through."

Strongly urges Roaf to talk with Edwards in the hopes that Willie can get a better understanding as to what his responsibilities would be in practice. Edwards being a former player really understands what the older players need. Vermiel and Edwards are completely different with regards to practice.

It really surprised him because Roaf was so excited about this upcoming season. Feels that Will Shields is the most upset by his decision. Roaf won't return Peterson's calls.

It really sounds more and more like Roaf just hates to practice (probably because of Vermiel). Peterson was basically saying that they'll do whatever Roaf wants (with regards to training camp and practice) to get him back in the lineup.

Bootlegged
07-31-2006, 11:01 AM
They should let him practice once a week and play the games. They should also allow him access to Joe Horn's wife.

ferrarispider95
07-31-2006, 11:05 AM
Peterson also commented that a lot of guys in the lockeroom were disappointed.

Also that he could also return by week 10 with his retired status if he does not fill out the paperwork.

Carl seemed mildly optimistic and pleaded for Willie to talk to Herm about how they would treat him at training camp and games.

ferrarispider95
07-31-2006, 11:08 AM
Also Turley played left tackle at New Orleans after Willie left and did an excellent job. He is still gaining weight, but trying to put on good weight, his back is doing good, and he is in good shape.

htismaqe
07-31-2006, 11:12 AM
Peterson also commented that a lot of guys in the lockeroom were disappointed.

Also that he could also return by week 10 with his retired status if he does not fill out the paperwork.

Carl seemed mildly optimistic and pleaded for Willie to talk to Herm about how they would treat him at training camp and games.

Holthus said the same thing regarding the players being upset, especially Shields.

morphius
07-31-2006, 11:14 AM
FYI - Iowanian is posting a lot of his takes from this interview in htismaqe's Holthus thread...

htismaqe
07-31-2006, 11:17 AM
Yep. He is.

And we're gonna sticky it.

dirk digler
07-31-2006, 11:27 AM
If I was Shields I would be more than pissed. Wasn't it Roaf that talked Shields out of retirement last year?

shaneo69
07-31-2006, 11:51 AM
So Carl mentioned that Roaf won't return his calls, and that all the players are upset, apparently at Willie.

Sounds like Carl doing his best to sway the court of public opinion.

htismaqe
07-31-2006, 11:55 AM
So Carl mentioned that Roaf won't return his calls, and that all the players are upset, apparently at Willie.

As if there's something wrong with that.

By the way, other people who aren't employed by the Chiefs have said the same thing...

ChiTown
07-31-2006, 11:56 AM
They should let him practice once a week and play the games. They should also allow him access to Joe Horn's wife.

ROFL

Horn should just offer up his cornhole to big Willie. Just sayin'............

InChiefsHell
07-31-2006, 12:03 PM
This whole thing sounds weird, and I just gotta believe that there is more to the story on both sides that what we are hearing.

...I hope Willie comes back though...

Bootlegged
07-31-2006, 12:04 PM
Willie has been in hiding with Esera Tuaolo

bobbything
07-31-2006, 12:05 PM
I don't think the public needs Carl Peterson to have their opinion swayed in that general direction. Roaf can talk about how he made everyone aware of his decision long ago all he wants; bottom line is that none of the players seemed to have any idea.

I'm sure Roaf did the bare minimum with regards to announcing his retirement. He didn't want a lot of attention drawn to himself, probably knowing full well that it might paint him in a negative light. That's his own fault.

In college I experienced a key teammate high-tailing it out of town after the first semester. He left us high and dry. Now, he did everything according to university and NCAA protocol, however, he didn't say anything about it to anyone on the team; and didn't tell our coach until about 2 weeks before 2nd semester.

RedThat
07-31-2006, 12:07 PM

I think they shouldn't let him practice at all. Just let him rest up so that he could take care of his body.