PDA

View Full Version : The OFFICIAL fantasy league roster grading place...

Fire Me Boy!
07-31-2006, 12:04 PM
Get your FFL rosters graded here! Fellow posters, tell us fantasy league owners how we did!

Fire Me Boy!
07-31-2006, 12:04 PM
QB - Matt Hasselbeck / Brett Farve
RB - Larry Johnson / Deshaun Foster / Kevan Barlow
WR - Randy Moss / Andre Johnson / Isaac Bruce / David Givens
TE - Jeremy Shockey / Zach Hilton
K - Adam Vinatieri
DEF - Falcons / Patriots

DaKCMan AP
07-31-2006, 12:09 PM
Not bad. I'm not very high on Foster. He hasn't made it through a complete season yet and I could even see Brad Hoover or Nick Goings getting some of the goalline carries.

Otherwise, solid team.

wutamess
07-31-2006, 12:16 PM
This has to be an 8 team league?

QB - Matt Hasselbeck
RB - Larry Johnson
WR - Randy Moss / Andre Johnson
TE - Jeremy Shockey
K - Adam Vinatieri
DEF - Falcons / Patriots

Fire Me Boy!
07-31-2006, 12:19 PM
This has to be an 8 team league?

QB - Matt Hasselbeck
RB - Larry Johnson
WR - Randy Moss / Andre Johnson
TE - Jeremy Shockey
K - Adam Vinatieri
DEF - Falcons / Patriots
12, I think... hold on, let me check.

Fire Me Boy!
07-31-2006, 12:20 PM
Not bad. I'm not very high on Foster. He hasn't made it through a complete season yet and I could even see Brad Hoover or Nick Goings getting some of the goalline carries.

Otherwise, solid team.
Foster was an auto-pick.

Fire Me Boy!
07-31-2006, 12:20 PM
12, I think... hold on, let me check.
Yep, 12. I thought it was real solid for a 12-team FFL. I had the first overall.

BigRedChief
07-31-2006, 12:31 PM
12 team league. 3rd and 20 Planet league. Picked 10th out of 12.

QB: Brady and Vick
RB: Reggie Bush, Lendale White and Curtis Martin
WR: TO, Kennison, Laveneous Coles and Randal EL
TE: LJ Smith and Jerramy Stevens
K: Vanderjadt
D: Ravens and Chargers

I got auto picked in the 3rd (defense, Ravens) because I couldn't see the player list in the dang java build. So I had to wait till the frigging 4th round to take a RB.

DaKCMan AP
07-31-2006, 12:37 PM

I got auto picked in the 3rd (defense, Ravens) because I couldn't see the player list in the dang java build. So I had to wait till the frigging 4th round to take a RB.

I've never been high on Brady for FF. He's hit or miss week to week. One week he'll do nothing, and then the next week he'll throw for 300+ yards and 4 TDs. Over the season he'll average out to good numbers, but don't expect him perform consistently each week.

Your RBs are trouble. Unless one of the rookies is a surprise...ouch.

TO and Coles are nice and Kennison is a great 3rd WR to have. With the help of an improved offense (McNair, Mike Anderson) the Ravens D should have less of a burden and thus perform better.

chop
07-31-2006, 12:38 PM
So what do you all think...

Tomahawk Chop

QB- Jake Plummer, Jon Kitna
RB- Shaun Alexander, Kevin Jones, Rueben Droughns, Joseph Addai
WR- Chad Johnson, Donald Driver, Michael Clayton
TE- Randy McMichael, Ben Watson
K Sabastion Janikowski
DEF Denver, Lions

Bootlegged
07-31-2006, 12:40 PM
12 team league. 3rd and 20 Planet league. Picked 5th out of 12.

QB: Brees and Warner
RB: Tiki Barber, Warrick Dunn, Tatum Bell and TJ Duckett
WR: Steve Smith, Derrick Mason, Keenan McCardell
TE: Antonio Gates/Eric Johnson
K: Tynes
D: Bears/Cowboys

DaKCMan AP
07-31-2006, 12:41 PM
For instance, Brady went 8/16 weeks where he threw 1 TD or less per game. Out of the other 8 weeks he threw 3TDs four times and during another out of those 8 weeks he threw for 2 and ran 1 for a total of 3.

Nzoner
07-31-2006, 12:42 PM
QB - Matt Hasselbeck / Brett Farve
RB - Larry Johnson / Deshaun Foster / Kevan Barlow
WR - Randy Moss / Andre Johnson / Isaac Bruce / David Givens
TE - Jeremy Shockey / Zach Hilton
K - Adam Vinatieri
DEF - Falcons / Patriots

Did anyone get Frank Gore?If not I'd think about figuring a way to handcuff him to Barlow.

Bootlegged
07-31-2006, 12:42 PM

Rb's = trouble. 2 rooks and a banged up Martin. Not a recpie for success. QB's are ok, nothing great. WR = B. TE = Avg. D = B+. K = Ghey.

DaKCMan AP
07-31-2006, 12:43 PM
So what do you all think...

Tomahawk Chop

Jake Plummer, Jon Kitna

Shaun Alexander, Kevin Jones, Rueben Droughns, Joseph Addai

Chad Johnson, Donald Driver, Michael Clayton

Randy McMichael, Ben Watson

Sabastion Janikowski

Denver, Lions

Big ouch on the QBs. Maybe Kitna will surprise under Martz. Alexander is solid and I like the pick of Addai late. I think he could fit in well in Indy's offense and is more versatile than Rhodes. Good WRs. Clayton is a solid #2 FF WR and Driver should get more looks with Walker gone.

DaKCMan AP
07-31-2006, 12:45 PM
12 team league. 3rd and 20 Planet league. Picked 5th out of 12.

QB: Brees and Warner
RB: Tiki Barber, Warrick Dunn, Tatum Bell and TJ Duckett
WR: Steve Smith, Derrick Mason, Keenan McCardell
TE: Antonio Gates/Eric Johnson
K: Tynes
D: Bears/Cowboys

Warner puts up good fantasy numbers in leagues that give pts for yards and completions.............as long as he's healthy.

Barber, Steve Smith and Gates is extremely solid. However, Dunn, Bell, Duckett, Mason and McCardell are all better as reserves and not starters. HOpefully your big 3 can carry you.

SPchief
07-31-2006, 12:45 PM
Picked 7th out of 12

Think this is a decent team for such a large league.

Eli Manning
Rudi Johnson
Julius Jones
Nate Burleson
Plaxico Burress
Ben Troupe
Jeff Wilkins
Pitt Defense

Marc Bulger
Corey Dillion
Terry Glenn
Eric Moulds
Jermaine Wiggins
Dolphins Def

Bootlegged
07-31-2006, 12:46 PM
Warner puts up good fantasy numbers in leagues that give pts for yards and completions.............as long as he's healthy.

Barber, Steve Smith and Gates is extremely solid. However, Dunn, Bell, Duckett, Mason and McCardell are all better as reserves and not starters. HOpefully your big 3 can carry you.

I think Mason has a big year. Back w/McNair

SPchief
07-31-2006, 12:47 PM

Yeah, you fugger picked him right before I was going to

Bootlegged
07-31-2006, 12:48 PM
Picked 7th out of 12

Think this is a decent team for such a large league.

Eli Manning
Rudi Johnson
Julius Jones
Nate Burleson
Plaxico Burress
Ben Troupe
Jeff Wilkins
Pitt Defense

Marc Bulger
Corey Dillion
Terry Glenn
Eric Moulds
Jermaine Wiggins
Dolphins Def

I like Glenn as a starter to replace Burleson. Dillon to replace Julius. Julius will lose carries to Barber, IMO. QB's will be interesting.

SPchief
07-31-2006, 12:49 PM
I like Glenn as a starter to replace Burleson. Dillon to replace Julius. Julius will lose carries to Barber, IMO. QB's will be interesting.

Yeah, in no way is my starting lineup set

chagrin
07-31-2006, 12:49 PM
My roster:

Trent Green
Ronnie Brown
Edgerrin James
Deion Branch
Joe Horn
Alge Crumpler
Ryan Longwell
Eagles

Drew Bledsoe
Ahman Green
Keyshawn
Donte Stallworth (forgot I had Joe Horn)
Heath Miller
Giants

Bootlegged
07-31-2006, 12:51 PM
My roster:

Trent Green
Ronnie Brown
Edgerrin James
Deion Branch
Joe Horn
Alge Crumpler
Ryan Longwell
Eagles

Drew Bledsoe
Ahman Green
Keyshawn
Heath Miller
Giants

Nice team. Depends on how the RB's pan out. If the Cards have any kind of a line, Edge could see 1200/10. Same w/Brown. Solid WR's, great TE and decent depth.

DaKCMan AP
07-31-2006, 12:52 PM

Maybe, but I think Heap has a bigger year. They're going to run often with Lewis & Anderson and then they have a few weapons with Heap, Mason and Clayton. Should be an interesting team to watch, instead of the horror of an offense they were with Boller under center.

DaKCMan AP
07-31-2006, 12:55 PM
My roster:

Trent Green
Ronnie Brown
Edgerrin James
Deion Branch
Joe Horn
Alge Crumpler
Ryan Longwell
Eagles

Drew Bledsoe
Ahman Green
Keyshawn
Heath Miller
Giants

Solid team. Hopefully Trent doesn't disappoint like he did last year, or it could hurt. I think Ronnie Brown will have a big year and James will finish in the top 10...kind of uncertain how well he'll do in Az, but he'll still produce.

WRs are a little weak. Branch and Horn are great WRs, but they can be inconsistent for FF. I like Crumpler at TE. Good backup/possible starter in Bledsoe and who knows how Ahman will do.

Rudy lost the toss
07-31-2006, 12:57 PM
I feel ok about my team. a lot of injury risk at RB though. Thin at WR, but who isn't?
QB- Manning
QB- Carr (I really think Kubiak will help him out)
RB- C. Williams (god I hope he can stay healthy)
RB- D. Davis (see Carr)
RB- A. Green (worth a shot in late rounds)
RB- F. Taylor (see A. Green)
RB- Ron Dayne
WR- Sa. Moss
WR- Branch
WR- Burleson
WR- J. Porter
TE- D. Clark
TE- V. Davis
K- Kaeding
Def- TB

edit: 10 team league BTW

chagrin
07-31-2006, 12:58 PM
yeah ahman, joe horn were a reach but I spent my first 4 picks on RB/QB - overall I like my TE depth, Defense depth but I am a little nervous about those WR's.. I picked Keyshawn as a possession guy, maybe some TD's and if Steve Smith goes down again, he will be decent. I consider my team a nice sleeper for this league, flying under the radar.

DaKCMan AP
07-31-2006, 01:02 PM
I feel ok about my team. a lot of injury risk at RB though. Thin at WR, but who isn't?
QB- Manning
QB- Carr (I really think Kubiak will help him out)
RB- C. Williams (god I hope he can stay healthy)
RB- D. Davis (see Carr)
RB- A. Green (worth a shot in late rounds)
RB- F. Taylor (see A. Green)
RB- Ron Dayne
WR- Sa. Moss
WR- Branch
WR- Burleson
WR- J. Porter
TE- D. Clark
TE- V. Davis
K- Kaeding
Def- TB

edit: 10 team league BTW

Cadillac and Davis could be great, could be disappointing. Manning should fare better than last season. Taylor is a nice backup to have. It'll be interesting to see if Moss can repeat his performance.

Bootlegged
07-31-2006, 01:06 PM
yeah ahman, joe horn were a reach but I spent my first 4 picks on RB/QB - overall I like my TE depth, Defense depth but I am a little nervous about those WR's.. I picked Keyshawn as a possession guy, maybe some TD's and if Steve Smith goes down again, he will be decent. I consider my team a nice sleeper for this league, flying under the radar.

Brees + Horn/Stallworth/Bush = success, IMO. I think Joe has a big year as well. If you watched the Saints in the last two years, you could see all the missed opportunities due to Aaron Brooks' supreme suckage. Brees is accurate and will be dangerous once he learns the O.

jspchief
07-31-2006, 01:26 PM
Here's your winner:

Starters:
Jake Delhomme
Ladainian Tomlinson
Domanick Davis
Torry Holt
Javon Walker
Tony Gonzalez
Nate Kaeding
Panthers

Reserves:
Chris Simms
Deangelo Williams
Drew Bennett
Koren Robinson
Marcedes Lewis
Cardinals

DaKCMan AP
07-31-2006, 01:30 PM
Here's your winner:

Starters:
Jake Delhomme
Ladainian Tomlinson
Domanick Davis
Torry Holt
Javon Walker
Tony Gonzalez
Nate Kaeding
Panthers

Reserves:
Chris Simms
Deangelo Williams
Drew Bennett
Koren Robinson
Marcedes Lewis
Cardinals

Delhomme should have a solid year if Foster stays healthy. LT will get numbers, but if Rivers struggles it could hurt LT. Davis should also have a good year. Holt is always great and Walker will get some numbers if he is healthy...even with Joke at QB. I think we all hope for TOny to have a big year. Backups are eh...Bennett may struggle on a garbage Titans team. Some people are high on Chris Simms...I've yet to see anything to get excited about, but he should be a capable backup during Delhomme's bye week.

MGRS13
07-31-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm glad niether of the leagues I'm in pick this early. I never want to pick until after the third preseason game, to much injury risk.

chagrin
07-31-2006, 02:11 PM
Brees + Horn/Stallworth/Bush = success, IMO. I think Joe has a big year as well. If you watched the Saints in the last two years, you could see all the missed opportunities due to Aaron Brooks' supreme suckage. Brees is accurate and will be dangerous once he learns the O.

I agree with you, what I eant (but did not type out) is that I am worried about Drew's shoulder, if he gets it right - then yes success all around. I think Aaron Brooks is either permanently high or like his cousin Mike Vick, he's just not a good decision maker

Bill Lundberg
07-31-2006, 02:34 PM
Same 12 team league (3rd and 20)

I like my odds.

QB: Peyton Manning, David Carr
RB: LaMont Jordan, Willis McGahee, Fred Taylor, Frank Gore
WR: Reggie Wayne, Darrell Jackson, Lee Evans
TE: Vernon Davis, Marcus Pollard
Def: Colts, Bengals
K: Elam

Bill Lundberg
07-31-2006, 02:38 PM
Passing TD's are 6 points by the way...

DaKCMan AP
07-31-2006, 02:41 PM
Same 12 team league (3rd and 20)

I like my odds.

QB: Peyton Manning, David Carr
RB: LaMont Jordan, Willis McGahee, Fred Taylor, Frank Gore
WR: Reggie Wayne, Darrell Jackson, Lee Evans
TE: Vernon Davis, Marcus Pollard
Def: Colts, Bengals
K: Elam

Peyton should have another stellar year. I think he'll perform better than last season, but not as good as his record year. RBs are not spectacular, but should be consistent. Jordan and McGahee won't tear it up like LJ or Alexander, but they'll consistently get 70-100yds and a TD here and there (and maybe 2). Taylor is a nice backup. WRs are ok. Wayne is good, but still 2nd to Harrison and Jackson should have a better year if he can remain healthy.

I'm not big on the Indy D. Not crazy about Cincy either, especially with Thurman out for the first 4 games.

**** Elam.

Overall solid team that doesn't have too many high risk/high reward players but more of the consistent performers.

Bootlegged
07-31-2006, 02:48 PM
As a side note - DaKCMan AP's best ever finish in fantasy fball was 2-13.

DaKCMan AP
07-31-2006, 02:50 PM
As a side note - DaKCMan AP's best ever finish in fantasy fball was 2-13.

ROFL

shhhh..

Hoover
07-31-2006, 05:20 PM
12 man League

I picked third, for some reason I thought I picked LT but Portis was my pick. I don't really think it will matter much, I think Portis is going to have a great year.

QB: McNabb, Culpepper
RB: Portis, Westbrook, C. Benson, D. Rhodes
WR: M. Harrison, H. Ward, TJ Housmanzadha
TE: Dallas Clark, Brian Waters
K: Akers
D: Jags, Vikings

I like my QB's espcially Culpepper if he returns to form. I think he is on a much better team. I think Benson is a major sleeper, he could break out. I think I messed up taking Haqrrison over Holt, but I think Indy is just going to pass all over the place since Edge is gone. I've always like Ward, dude always puts up solid numbers week to week. I also like Dallas Clark, I drafted TE late and I was pretty pumped to get him.

Hoover
07-31-2006, 05:24 PM
Also note, I didn't take any players from the AFC West. Thats how effin loyal I am.

SPchief
07-31-2006, 05:32 PM
Also note, I didn't take any players from the AFC West. Thats how effin loyal I am.

Neither did I

While some people had the nads to pick Denver players.

That must be hell for them on Sundays.

"come on Denver, do good, just don't win." What kimd of shit is that?

Bootlegged
07-31-2006, 06:12 PM
12 man League

I picked third, for some reason I thought I picked LT but Portis was my pick. I don't really think it will matter much, I think Portis is going to have a great year.

I like my QB's espcially Culpepper if he returns to form. I think he is on a much better team. I think Benson is a major sleeper, he could break out. I think I messed up taking Haqrrison over Holt, but I think Indy is just going to pass all over the place since Edge is gone. I've always like Ward, dude always puts up solid numbers week to week. I also like Dallas Clark, I drafted TE late and I was pretty pumped to get him.

Waters will put up huge #'s this year.

DaKCMan AP
07-31-2006, 06:47 PM
12 man League

I like your QBs too. One of them will have a good year. RBs are pretty solid. The McNabb-Westbrook hookup is nice, especially since he is a pass-catching back. Very nice WRs. I picked your team to win your league in the other thread.

ChiefsCountry
07-31-2006, 07:26 PM
Here is my team. 10 team league had the 9th pick.

QB - Donovan McNabb
RB - Rudi Johnson
RB - Steven Jackson
WR - Santana Moss
WR - Derrick Mason
WR - Lavarnues Coles
TE - Tony Gonzalez
K - Lawrence Tynes
DEF - Carolina

Bench
Jake Delhomme
Jamal Lewis
Michael Clayton
LJ Smith
David Carr
Curtis Martin

Nzoner
07-31-2006, 07:32 PM
I'm glad niether of the leagues I'm in pick this early. I never want to pick until after the third preseason game, to much injury risk.

I couldn't agree more,our draft this year is August 31st.

DaKCMan AP
07-31-2006, 07:58 PM
Here is my team. 10 team league had the 9th pick.

QB - Donovan McNabb
RB - Rudi Johnson
RB - Steven Jackson
WR - Santana Moss
WR - Derrick Mason
WR - Lavarnues Coles
TE - Tony Gonzalez
K - Lawrence Tynes
DEF - Carolina

Bench
Jake Delhomme
Jamal Lewis
Michael Clayton
LJ Smith
David Carr
Curtis Martin

Not bad. You have good depth at each position. No major weaknesses. I don't know what the other teams look like, but you should be very competitive in that league.

JBucc
07-31-2006, 08:11 PM
Here's one of mine

QB-Tom Brady
QB-Marc Bulger
WR-Santana Moss
WR-Deion Branch*
WR-Eddie Kennison*
RB-Clinton Portis
RB-Rudi Johnson
TE-Tony Gonzales
K-Mike Vanderjagt
D-Atlanta

Backups:

QB-Chris Sims
WR-Matt Jones
WR-Amani Toomer
RB-Deangelo Williams
RB-Josesph Addai
TE-Ben Watson
K-Lawrence Tynes
D-Baltimore

*drafted before I knew those two wanted a new contract and might holdout

CHENZ A!
07-31-2006, 10:25 PM
I hate drafting this early as well as alot of you. But this past Saturday I went to the Fantasy Football Convention thing at Tanners on 143rd. Petro hosted it with some guys from CBS Sportsline. There wasn't a whole lot of new info, but it was fun to just sit around drinking in the early afternoon and talking football. Anyway, they chose 12 of us to draft a league, and the winner gets $200. So I said what the hell, and did it. I'm pretty sure I was the only one drinking, and I don't like my team much.

CHENZ A!
07-31-2006, 10:29 PM
12 team league, pick 10

QB: Brees, Kitna
RB: R Brown, W Parker, LD White, F Taylor, F Gore, K Barlow
WR: C Johnson, A Johnson, J Horn
TE: K Winslow
K: M Stover
D: Chiefs

starts 2 RB, 2 WR, no flex. I didn't pick my K or D until the very last 2 picks, because I didn't realize it, but for time reasons the amount of rounds was lower.

DaKCMan AP
08-01-2006, 07:28 AM
12 team league, pick 10

QB: Brees, Kitna
RB: R Brown, W Parker, LD White, F Taylor, F Gore, K Barlow
WR: C Johnson, A Johnson, J Horn
TE: K Winslow
K: M Stover
D: Chiefs

starts 2 RB, 2 WR, no flex. I didn't pick my K or D until the very last 2 picks, because I didn't realize it, but for time reasons the amount of rounds was lower.

If WIllie Parker gets the majority of the carries in Pittsburgh and Brees or Kitna has a good year, then you're team isn't too bad. Although, Winslow is a bum and Stover hasn't been as reliable the past couple years.

chagrin
08-01-2006, 07:33 AM
Here's one of mine

QB-Tom Brady
QB-Marc Bulger
WR-Santana Moss
WR-Deion Branch*
WR-Eddie Kennison*
RB-Clinton Portis
RB-Rudi Johnson
TE-Tony Gonzales
K-Mike Vanderjagt
D-Atlanta

*drafted before I knew those two wanted a new contract and might holdout

Don't worry about it, Deion wuill make the team and have a solid year, no way he holds out forever

WARPARTY70
08-07-2006, 04:15 PM
Ok Here my team from a 14 team league.
1. RB'S
Larry Johnson
D. Davis
M. Bennett
D.Staley
Lendale White
L. Maroney
2. QB'S
J. Delhomme
C. Simms
3. WR'S
C. Chambers
T. Houshmanzadeh
Troy Williamson
Roddy White
Si. Moss
4. TE'S
Chris Cooley
V. Davis
5. DEFENSE
Seattle
St. Louis
6. KICKER
Phil Dawson

DaKCMan AP
08-07-2006, 04:16 PM
Kind of weak at WR and TE. Should be competitive because of your RBs and as long as Delhomme has a good year.

Nzoner
08-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Decided to play one of the Yahoo free leagues with one of the CP groups had to do a pre-draft list because it was an auto-draft.

QB
Jon Kitna
Chris Simms

RB
Ronnie Brown
Lamont Jordan
Corey Dillon
Lawrence Maroney
Frank Gore

TE
Ben Watson

WR
Reggie Wayne
Antonio Bryant
Darrell Jackson
Matt Jones
Troy Williamson

Def
Carolina

K
Lawrence Tynes

Nzoner
08-20-2006, 07:36 PM
Did anyone get Frank Gore?If not I'd think about figuring a way to handcuff him to Barlow.

RB Kevan Barlow Traded To Jets -- Sun Aug 20 6:40 pm --
The New York Jets on Sunday acquired five-year veteran Kevan Barlow from San Francisco in exchange for an undisclosed pick in the 2007 draft. The deal is contingent on Barlow passing a Jets-administered physical. On Tuesday, New York voided a deal that would have brought Lee Suggs to the Jets in exchange for defensive back Derrick Strait after the Cleveland tailback failed a physical because of his left knee. Barlow, 27, missed four games in 2005 because of a knee injury. The Jets' desperate need for a tailback stems from Martin's inability to practice because of a knee injury. A 12th-year veteran, Martin, 33, has spent the first three weeks of camp on the physically unable to perform list and has not practiced. (ESPN)

FF Today's Take: With Curtis Martin's future in doubt, the Jets have been actively searching for depth at running back. Barlow will join Derrick Blaylock and Cedric Houston in the Jets backfield and should be bumped up your draft board now that he is out of San Francisco. The Jets are not convinced that Blaylock or Houston can be a workhorse running back. Maurice Hicks will now be the primary backup to Frank Gore in San Francisco.

Chief Roundup
08-20-2006, 07:50 PM
This is from the only FFL I have joined so far.
QB D. McNabb
RB L. Johnson
RB S. Jackson
WR M. Harrison
WR C. Chambers
WR P. Burress
TE J. Shockey
K J. Feely
DEF Carolina
D K. Brooking
D D. Brooks
DL L. Fletcher
DL J. Allen
DB N. Clements
DB G. Wesley

BN W. McGahee
BN C. Dillon
BN F. Taylor
BN C. Cooley
BN Rod Smith
BN D. Culpepper

ILChief
08-20-2006, 07:52 PM
QB - Tom Brady, Jon Kitna
RB - Stephen Jackson, Edgerrin James, Ronnie Brown, Jamal Lewis, Cedric Benson
WR - Braylon Edwards, Joe Horn, Brandon Lloyd, Brandon Stokely, Chad Jackson, Sanantonio Holmes, Sinorice Moss
TE - Algie Crumpler, Kellen Winslow
K - Josh Reed
DEF - Steelers

Since I don't have the best WR's I loaded up on rookie WR's, hoping one of them breaks out

OnTheWarpath58
08-20-2006, 09:49 PM
QB - Tom Brady, Jon Kitna
RB - Stephen Jackson, Edgerrin James, Ronnie Brown, Jamal Lewis, Cedric Benson
WR - Braylon Edwards, Joe Horn, Brandon Lloyd, Brandon Stokely, Chad Jackson, Sanantonio Holmes, Sinorice Moss
TE - Algie Crumpler, Kellen Winslow
K - Josh Reed
DEF - Steelers

Since I don't have the best WR's I loaded up on rookie WR's, hoping one of them breaks out

Is this a 3 team league? Keepers? What gives?

Jackson, Edge, Brown. All three are top ten picks......

Someone else had Rudi AND S. Jackson with the 9th pick in a 10 team league......

WTF?

banyon
08-20-2006, 09:59 PM
14 Team League (keep that in Mind DaKCManAP, I don't know why you blasted WarParty70's, you are just going to be thin somewhere)

(picking 6/14, serpentine)
QB- Peyton Manning

RB- Warrick Dunn
RB- Jamal Lewis

WR- Javon Walker
WR- Joe Horn
WR- Braylon Edwards

WR/RB- Curtis Martin

TE- Alge Crumpler

K- Adam Vinateri
D- Indianapolis

Bench- Kellen Winslow, Jr.
Maurice Morris
Marcus Robinson

doomy3
08-20-2006, 11:12 PM
10 Team League, Drafted 10

Eli Manning-QB
Cadillac Williams-RB
Chester Taylor-RB
Steve Smith-WR
Joe Horn-WR
Rod Smith-WR
Vernon Davis-TE
Jay Feely-K
Pittsburgh-D

Bench:
Brian Westbrook-RB
Antonio Bryant-WR
Brandon Lloyd-WR
Phillip Rivers-QB
Antwaan Randall El-WR
Amani Toomer-WR
Cedric Houston-RB

What do you think?

Valiant
08-20-2006, 11:23 PM
This is from the only FFL I have joined so far.
QB D. McNabb
RB L. Johnson
RB S. Jackson
WR M. Harrison
WR C. Chambers
WR P. Burress
TE J. Shockey
K J. Feely
DEF Carolina
D K. Brooking
D D. Brooks
DL L. Fletcher
DL J. Allen
DB N. Clements
DB G. Wesley

BN W. McGahee
BN C. Dillon
BN F. Taylor
BN C. Cooley
BN Rod Smith
BN D. Culpepper

I want to see some round by round draft boards for teams like this and some others...

Nzoner
08-20-2006, 11:29 PM
I want to see some round by round draft boards for teams like this and some others...

I'm thinking it has to be a free yahoo league or something like it,my mrs joined one and had her draft the other night and the #1 pick was Drew Bledsoe,I about fell off the bed laughing.Hell,she landed Cadillac at 2.23

Valiant
08-20-2006, 11:29 PM
14 Team League (keep that in Mind DaKCManAP, I don't know why you blasted WarParty70's, you are just going to be thin somewhere)

(picking 6/14, serpentine)
QB- Peyton Manning

RB- Warrick Dunn
RB- Jamal Lewis

WR- Javon Walker
WR- Joe Horn
WR- Braylon Edwards

WR/RB- Curtis Martin

TE- Alge Crumpler

K- Adam Vinateri
D- Indianapolis

Bench- Kellen Winslow, Jr.
Maurice Morris
Marcus Robinson

Outside of your QB, you better be lucky and quick on the FA board..

Immaculate
08-20-2006, 11:45 PM
1. (13) S. Smith WR
2. (18) W. McGahee RB
3. (43) T. Green QB
4. (48) Carolina DEF
5. (73) R. McMichael TE
6. (78) N. Rackers K
7. (103) J. Addai RB
8. (108) T. Glenn WR
9. (133) F. Gore RB Wasn't at my comp, Yahoo Picked him for me, I dropped him and picked up Derrick Blaylock. :thumbsup:
10. (138) A. Brooks QB
11. (163) San Diego DEF
12. (168) S. Holmes WR
13. (193) D. Graham TE
14. (198) M. Nugent K

doomy3
08-20-2006, 11:47 PM
1. (13) S. Smith WR
2. (18) W. McGahee RB
3. (43) T. Green QB
4. (48) Carolina DEF
5. (73) R. McMichael TE
6. (78) N. Rackers K
7. (103) J. Addai RB
8. (108) T. Glenn WR
9. (133) F. Gore RB Wasn't at my comp, Yahoo Picked him for me, I dropped him and picked up Derrick Blaylock. :thumbsup:
10. (138) A. Brooks QB
11. (163) San Diego DEF
12. (168) S. Holmes WR
13. (193) D. Graham TE
14. (198) M. Nugent K

Why did you drop Gore and pick up Blaylock? Gore will be a starter for sure nor that Barlow has been traded. He will put up much better numbers than Blaylock...

If you really wanted Blaylock, would've been better to drop a Kicker or a Defense

Logical
08-20-2006, 11:51 PM
1. (13) S. Smith WR
2. (18) W. McGahee RB
3. (43) T. Green QB
4. (48) Carolina DEF
5. (73) R. McMichael TE
6. (78) N. Rackers K
7. (103) J. Addai RB
8. (108) T. Glenn WR
10. (138) A. Brooks QB
11. (163) San Diego DEF
12. (168) S. Holmes WR
13. (193) D. Graham TE
14. (198) M. Nugent K

Depends on league size

8-D
10-C
12-B
16 B+

Immaculate
08-20-2006, 11:51 PM
he's still out there, Think I should pick him back up?

Won't blaylock be a starter also?

doomy3
08-20-2006, 11:52 PM

Eli Manning-QB
Cadillac Williams-RB
Chester Taylor-RB
Steve Smith-WR
Joe Horn-WR
Rod Smith-WR
Vernon Davis-TE
Jay Feely-K
Pittsburgh-D

Bench:
Brian Westbrook-RB
Antonio Bryant-WR
Brandon Lloyd-WR
Phillip Rivers-QB
Antwaan Randall El-WR
Amani Toomer-WR
Cedric Houston-RB

What do you think?

any feedback?

Logical
08-20-2006, 11:53 PM

Eli Manning-QB
Cadillac Williams-RB
Chester Taylor-RB
Steve Smith-WR
Joe Horn-WR
Rod Smith-WR
Vernon Davis-TE
Jay Feely-K
Pittsburgh-D

Bench:
Brian Westbrook-RB
Antonio Bryant-WR
Brandon Lloyd-WR
Phillip Rivers-QB
Antwaan Randall El-WR
Amani Toomer-WR
Cedric Houston-RB

What do you think?B

doomy3
08-20-2006, 11:54 PM
he's still out there, Think I should pick him back up?

Won't blaylock be a starter also?

I would definitely pick him back up. I doubt Blaylock will be a starter too, especially since they bicked up Barlow today, but it is between him, Barlow, and Cedric Houston. Gore is a SURE starter though, and he is from Miami, and everyone knows what kind of RBs they produce. I would drop your 2nd kicker for sure and pick up Gore.

Immaculate
08-21-2006, 12:00 AM
Depends on league size

8-D
10-C
12-B
16 B+
It's 16 so I guess I did good.

ILChief
08-21-2006, 06:24 AM
Is this a 3 team league? Keepers? What gives?

Jackson, Edge, Brown. All three are top ten picks......

Someone else had Rudi AND S. Jackson with the 9th pick in a 10 team league......

WTF?

10 team league, no keepers. people drafted QBs and WRs in round one. i had the 10th and 11th picks and got jackson and james

ExtremeChief
08-21-2006, 07:54 AM
10 Team League

QB Carson Palmer/Ben Rothlesberger
RB W. McGahee/R. Bush/Fred Taylor/Samkon Gado
WR M. Harrison/J. Walker/D. Branch/Keshawn Johnson/Mark Clayton
TE C. Cooley/L. Pope
DEF Pitt
K J. Elam

Tatertot13
08-21-2006, 07:57 AM
10 team league. I had the 4th pick.

Starters
QB - Tom Brady
RB - Steven Jackson, Chester Taylor
WR/TE - Larry Fitzgerald, Donald Driver, Antonio Gates
K - Jay Feely
D - Chicago

Bench
QB - Phillip Rivers
RB - Tatum Bell, T.J. Duckett, Kevin Barlow
WR/TE - Kennison, Randel El, Heath Miller
D - Redskins

ChiefsFan4Life
08-21-2006, 08:00 AM
Here is my roster after a 20 team draft. I had the 2nd overall pick - it was a snake draft

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5681/eateambr8.jpg

I currently have a waiver request to add Tony Romo and drop Davenport just in case King isn't full of shit

chop
08-21-2006, 08:11 AM
Here's my latest roster:

12 team league, 7th pick.

QB- Trent Green, Jon Kitna
RB- Steven Jackson, Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown, Julius Jones
WR- Anquan Boldin, Plaxico Burress, TJ Houshmandzadeh
TE- Ben Watson, Jeb Putzier
K- L. Tynes
Def- Atlanta, Minnesota

Starting 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def

Iowanian
08-24-2006, 11:12 AM
My turn.
12 team ESPN league....5th pick, 16 rounds

Trent Green, Carson Palmer, Jon Kitna
Tiki Barber Carnell Williams, Warrick Dunn, Laurence Maroney, brandon Jacobs

A Boldin, Roy Williams, E Kennison, terry Glen

Todd Heap, Vernon Davis

Dolphins

Jeff Wilkins

Cormac
08-24-2006, 04:25 PM
Moved from another thread. 10 team league, I picked 8th....

QB Warner, Brunell, McNair

RB Steven Jackson, Domanick Davis, Fred Taylor, Frank Gore, TJ Duckett, Michael Pittman

WR Steve Smith, Chris Chambers, Rod Smith, Muhsin Muhammad, Samie Parker, Marcus Robinson

TE Chris Cooley, Vernon Davis

Defense Carolina, Baltimore

Kicker Feely

Cormac
08-24-2006, 04:29 PM
any feedback?

I like your starters pretty well, but not the bench outside of Westbrook and Bryant. JMO.

Cormac
08-24-2006, 04:31 PM
My turn.

Todd Heap, Vernon Davis

Dolphins

Jeff Wilkins

Good team Iowa. Not sure about Trent this year, but between him and Palmer one of them should be solid. Good RBs......Dunn continues to be underrated. Nice upside in the WR with Roy Williams and Terry Glenn (might have better #s than TO this year).

ncognito
08-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Nutin personal to those teams posted previously, not sure how I missed this thread. No time to catch up.

My turn.

Todd Heap, Vernon Davis

Dolphins

Jeff Wilkins

QB - Love your QBs, except the 1st couple games. Palmer may not be ready, Trent notorious slow starter, and Kitna may take a bit for Martzy ball to catch on. Weather that stretch, and you'll have 2 good backups to Palmer.
RB - Good 1-2 punch, solid 2 backups (especially after the Duckett trade), and a TD specialist/handcuff for your top guy. Outstanding!
WR - Like your 2 starters, not excited by your bench. Both Eddie and Theresa could have down years.
TE - Very solid!
K/D - Good starters, agree with the BYE week waiver concept for these 2 positions.

Overall solid team, give it a 7, but I hope your WRs stay healthy, and you can survive weak QB play out of the gate.

ncognito
08-24-2006, 04:53 PM
Moved from another thread. 10 team league, I picked 8th....

QB Warner, Brunell, McNair

RB Steven Jackson, Domanick Davis, Fred Taylor, Frank Gore, TJ Duckett, Michael Pittman

WR Steve Smith, Chris Chambers, Rod Smith, Muhsin Muhammad, Samie Parker, Marcus Robinson

TE Chris Cooley, Vernon Davis

Defense Carolina, Baltimore

Kicker Feely

QB - The all-injury risk QB corp! If you can keep 1 guy standing at any given time, you're gold! Good luck.
RB - I've got bad feelings about DD and Fragile Freddie this year. Yes Gore can step in as a starter if 1 goes down, but what if they both fall?
WR - Good starters, thin depth. Muhsin could be very valueable if they give up on Grossman. Parker and Mr. Robinson should not have been drafted in most 10 team leagues, but I see you go 20 deep roster? Wow! I just don't see much contribution at all from those 2.
TE - If Weird Al uses his new secret weapon, you're in great shape. Otherwise, better hope Eric Johnson stubs his toe again.
K/D - Out standing defenses, and a high-scoring, but a bit inconsistent kicker.

Overall, I'd have to say a 5, just too many dice on the table for me.

Cormac
08-24-2006, 09:45 PM
QB - The all-injury risk QB corp! If you can keep 1 guy standing at any given time, you're gold! Good luck.
RB - I've got bad feelings about DD and Fragile Freddie this year. Yes Gore can step in as a starter if 1 goes down, but what if they both fall?
WR - Good starters, thin depth. Muhsin could be very valueable if they give up on Grossman. Parker and Mr. Robinson should not have been drafted in most 10 team leagues, but I see you go 20 deep roster? Wow! I just don't see much contribution at all from those 2.
TE - If Weird Al uses his new secret weapon, you're in great shape. Otherwise, better hope Eric Johnson stubs his toe again.
K/D - Out standing defenses, and a high-scoring, but a bit inconsistent kicker.

Overall, I'd have to say a 5, just too many dice on the table for me.

Thanks for the analysis.

Overall I'm pretty happy but there are a lot of question marks. I think the old QBs are going to step up this year (Warner, Brunell, Bledsoe etc.). I expect BIG things from Warner with all those weapons. If not, I think Brunell will be more than solid in Saunders' offense.
I have never really liked Domanick Davis, but, again, he should get a new lease of life with Kubiak. Maybe he'll bring some "Denver RB success" with him to Houston. Also, the fact they passed on Reggie Bush in the draft speaks volumes for what they think of Davis....I hope. I'm also expecting Steven Jackson to have an LJ type of breakout year. Now that they'll finally run the ball in St. Loser. Taylor and Gore came in rounds 8 and 9 I think, so I thought they were good value in those spots. One of them should be a 1000 yd, 6-8 TD guy. Gore could have a big year with Norv Turner, now that he is truly the guy. He also was good enough to keep McGahee and others on the bench in college.
I'm concerned about the 3rd WR spot. I don't know how much Rod Smith has left, but Plummer can only see one option, so hopefully he'll be looking his way :D. And I agree that Muhammad will be much more valuable if Griese takes over from Grossman at some stage.

So I agree, lots of upside, but not a whole lot of star power.

:toast:

ncognito
08-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the analysis.

Overall I'm pretty happy but there are a lot of question marks. I think the old QBs are going to step up this year (Warner, Brunell, Bledsoe etc.). I expect BIG things from Warner with all those weapons. If not, I think Brunell will be more than solid in Saunders' offense.
I have never really liked Domanick Davis, but, again, he should get a new lease of life with Kubiak. Maybe he'll bring some "Denver RB success" with him to Houston. Also, the fact they passed on Reggie Bush in the draft speaks volumes for what they think of Davis....I hope. I'm also expecting Steven Jackson to have an LJ type of breakout year. Now that they'll finally run the ball in St. Loser. Taylor and Gore came in rounds 8 and 9 I think, so I thought they were good value in those spots. One of them should be a 1000 yd, 6-8 TD guy. Gore could have a big year with Norv Turner, now that he is truly the guy. He also was good enough to keep McGahee and others on the bench in college.
I'm concerned about the 3rd WR spot. I don't know how much Rod Smith has left, but Plummer can only see one option, so hopefully he'll be looking his way :D. And I agree that Muhammad will be much more valuable if Griese takes over from Grossman at some stage.

So I agree, lots of upside, but not a whole lot of star power.

:toast:

I expect very good things from Warner as well. Same from McNair, he'll have pretty good numbers. But you know the drill with these guys... Brunell will do well in Saunders' offense, but if he does get hurt, Jason Campbell will take over, permanently!

I withdraw my comment on Fragile Freddie, 8th round is excellent value!! If DD can get his knee right, he will flourish in Kubiak's offense. Problem is, his knee is a chronic issue, think his career will be a very very short one. Too bad, cause he really is a fine player.

ncognito
08-25-2006, 12:44 PM
Here's my latest roster:

12 team league, 7th pick.

QB- Trent Green, Jon Kitna
RB- Steven Jackson, Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown, Julius Jones
WR- Anquan Boldin, Plaxico Burress, TJ Houshmandzadeh
TE- Ben Watson, Jeb Putzier
K- L. Tynes
Def- Atlanta, Minnesota

Starting 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def

QB - Boy, I just really don't like it at all. Kitna could produce, but it will probably take awhile for that system to sink in. I'm not convinced Kitna will be the guy running it once they gel. Trent, with our philosophy change and OLine flux, is not attractive fantasy QB at all to me any more. There is potential sleeper material here.

RB - Oh my god!!! 1st 4 picks on RBs or what? Wow, just fricking wow!

WR - I'm not a fan of Plaxico, but admit that's a personal bias. He'll put up nice #s in NY. Bolden is a PPR stud, move valueable than Fitz quite possibly. Housh is a solid #3. Could prolly use a 4th just in case, but you've got 3 solid wideouts.

TE - Watson is very underrated, and Putz could do well in Houston. If Branch really does hold out, you got a steal in Ben.

K/D - adequate. If your defensize scoring does not include pts allowed, you're in good shape.

Overall - 7, would be pushing 9 if you had a solid QB. With those RBs, if may not matter, a great RB corp can cover up some big holes elsewhere, or fill them in trades at some point.

ncognito
08-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Here is my roster after a 20 team draft. I had the 2nd overall pick - it was a snake draft

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5681/eateambr8.jpg

I currently have a waiver request to add Tony Romo and drop Davenport just in case King isn't full of shit

20 teams? OUCH!!

QB - Warner, Harrington
RB - LJ, A.Green, M.Bennett, Blaylock, Davenport
WR - Boldin, Bruce, Toomer
TE - Gonzalez, Winslow
K - J.Brown
D - Denver
ST - Buffalo

I've never played in a league near this large, so this is difficult.

QB - With a big injury risk FF starter, you HAD to make sure and get a starter for your backup. Might be too late, but Romo won't help you.

RB - Pretty good shape for 20 team league, though Gado would have been the handcuff for Green. Davenport might get cut.

WR - Same as RB, pretty good shape for 20 teams. Bruce is very undervalued this year. Toomer will hold of Licorice Moss this year.

TE - Damn good shape here! Really seems a big luxery considering you don't have a backup QB to get any snaps. :shrug:

K - Brown is solid, not spectacular. Not enough FG attempts to be elite kicker.

D - good defense
ST - ?

ncognito
08-25-2006, 01:03 PM
10 team league. I had the 4th pick.

Starters
QB - Tom Brady
RB - Steven Jackson, Chester Taylor
WR/TE - Larry Fitzgerald, Donald Driver, Antonio Gates
K - Jay Feely
D - Chicago

Bench
QB - Phillip Rivers
RB - Tatum Bell, T.J. Duckett, Kevin Barlow
WR/TE - Kennison, Randel El, Heath Miller
D - Redskins

QB - You're solid with Brady, doesn't much matter after that honestly. With a starter of that level, you can just pick the best matchup of FAs on his BYE.

RB - Deep and respecable group overall. Excellent starters (yes I'm on the Chester wagon!). Tinker Bell and Barf-low are decent backups, and Duckett might fill in a pinch. Like to have a true and solid starter as a RB3 though.

WR/TE - Tremendous starters, and a good 1st backup in Kennison. Randle El was probably a wasted pick honestly, unless you're counting on Lloyd to get hurt again, which he might. Are TEs = WRs? If so, Gates and Miller added in really makes this the corp of your team.

K/D - 2 of the best defenses, and 1 of the highest scoring kickers. Nice!

This is a very solid team!! Overall I'd say 9, just missing that legit RB3. Might trim back to an 8 if TEs are required.

Tatertot13
08-25-2006, 03:12 PM
QB - You're solid with Brady, doesn't much matter after that honestly. With a starter of that level, you can just pick the best matchup of FAs on his BYE.

RB - Deep and respecable group overall. Excellent starters (yes I'm on the Chester wagon!). Tinker Bell and Barf-low are decent backups, and Duckett might fill in a pinch. Like to have a true and solid starter as a RB3 though.

WR/TE - Tremendous starters, and a good 1st backup in Kennison. Randle El was probably a wasted pick honestly, unless you're counting on Lloyd to get hurt again, which he might. Are TEs = WRs? If so, Gates and Miller added in really makes this the corp of your team.

K/D - 2 of the best defenses, and 1 of the highest scoring kickers. Nice!

This is a very solid team!! Overall I'd say 9, just missing that legit RB3. Might trim back to an 8 if TEs are required.

Thanks for the review. And to answer you question TE = WR in this league.

ncognito
08-25-2006, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the review. And to answer you question TE = WR in this league.

TE = WR in my leages as well. Much prefer that to TE mandatory leagues. Your team is solid!

My 1st league drafts tomorrow. I've got the last pick in a 12-team league. Debating 2 WRs at 12/13. Quick note, start 1 RB, 1 WR/TE, 3 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), so you can go 4 WRs all year.

Here's a couple mock results I just played with (only thru 4 picks):

Mock1:

12 WR Steve Smith (Westbrook BA RB)
13 WR Larry Fitzgerald
36 RB Thomas Jones (or Dillon, Lewis...ugh)
37 WR Roy Williams

Mock2:

12 RB Brian Westbrook
13 WR Steve Smith
36 RB Willie Parker (or Thomas Jones)
37 WR Roy Williams

If I could get FWP in Mock1 instead of TJ, I dig that. Mock2 looks like a damn good start... Another note, in both mocks the top2 picks have BYE week 9, same as my FFL team, kinda like how that works out for me.

Whatcha say guys?

rad
08-25-2006, 09:35 PM
Just got home from my draft.

16 team league. I picked 2nd:
(By round)
S. Alexander
R. Droughns
C. Chambers
J. Horn
C. Benson
A. Bryant
C. Simms
H. Miller
Seahawks D
Jerious Norwood (TJ Duckett's BU)
J. Porter
T. Taylor
P. Rivers
Roddy White
J. Witten
R. Lindell

rad
08-26-2006, 07:53 AM
Anyone?

ncognito
08-26-2006, 09:14 AM

(By round)
S. Alexander
R. Droughns
C. Chambers
J. Horn
C. Benson
A. Bryant
C. Simms
H. Miller
Seahawks D
J. Porter
T. Taylor
P. Rivers
Roddy White
J. Witten
R. Lindell

rad, I think you and I are much later than everyone else. Looks like most have lost interest in this thread.

Here goes:

QB - Simms, Rivers - could be good, could be awful. I like Simms this year, but he should have been your backup. 7th round for Simms? WAY too high! (even in 16 team league)
RB - Alexander, Droughns, Benson, Norwood (Dunn's backup, Duckett's in Washington now, keep up dude) - Nice 1-2, then it stinks. Benson is not winning anyone over, who knows how much he'll actually get on the field. Norwood is a decent sleeper, you really didn't know Duckett was gone?
WR - Chambers, Horn, Bryant, Porter, T.Taylor, R.White This I like, aside from Porter. Well done in 16 team league.
TE - Miller, Witten - solid, very solid in fact.
K/D - Lindell, Seattle D - Good shape, not spectacular.

Overall I gotta say a 5, really dropped the ball on QB and RB. I admit that's my opinion, many guys are really high on Benson, I'm just not one of them. They will grade this MUCH better than me.

rad
08-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I knew that. I got Dunn and Duckett confused. I did the same thing 2 days ago while talking to a friend of mine. I don't know why I get those two confused.
I admit Simms was a bit of a reach, but it was him or Rothlisberger, so I went with my gut feeling he's gonna have a good year, and he has a coach who likes to throw(more than Cowher, anyway).

jspchief
08-26-2006, 12:32 PM

(By round)
S. Alexander
R. Droughns
C. Chambers
J. Horn
C. Benson
A. Bryant
C. Simms
H. Miller
Seahawks D
J. Porter
T. Taylor
P. Rivers
Roddy White
J. Witten
R. LindellI think that's a solid starting lineup for a 16 team league. Droughns isn't a sexy pick, but he was a steady producer last year. I think between Simms and Rivers one of those guys will pan out well, if not both.

You got Jason Witten in the last round? That's insane.

DJay23
08-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Ok, I finally had my first of 2 drafts last night. This is a 10 team league with standard scoring. I picked in the 9th position. We start QB,RB,RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, K, D/ST and 6 bench spots. (There were several people who had very little idea what they were doing OR didn't do very much prep):

There's a guy who's a Giants fan and is also a big Penn State fan. Apparently he doesn't care about winning money because he made insane picks for Giants and former Nittany Lions. He also took Reggie Bush in the second round! There was also a woman who's a big Steelers homer and reached for a lot of Steelers (W. Parker in the second round with a lot better options still there, Steelers D in the 6th). Her husband also made some crazy picks (Mike Bell in the 5th?)

So I thought I'd do this a little differently. I'm gonna post what I see are the 4 strongest teams and you tell me which is the best. My hope is that mine is best, but I guess we'll see!

Team A
1. S. Smith
2. W. McGahee
3. B. Westbrook
4. R. Wayne
5. J. Walker
6. A. Crumpler
7. T. Green
8. L. Evans
9. Indianapolis
10. S. Graham
11. D. Stallworth
12. F. Taylor
13. V. Davis
14. J. Kitna
15. Miami

Team B
Lusk Run Lickbags
1. S. Alexander
2. M. Harrison
3. C. Portis
4. H. Ward
5. J. Delhomme
6. T. Glenn
7. F. Gore
8. J. Witten
9. B. Roethlisberger
10. Seattle
11. J. Addai
12. T. Taylor
13. J. Reed
14. J. Stevens
15. D. Bennett

Team C
1. S. Jackson
2. C. Williams
3. C. Chambers
4. A. Gates
5. A. Johnson
6. D. Mason
7. M. Bulger
8. C. Taylor
9. C. Dillon
10. A. Bryant
11. H. Miller
12. E. Wilford
13. D. Akers
14. D. Carr
15. Cincinnati

Team D
1. T. Holt
2. R. Brown
3. K. Jones
4. A. Boldin
5. C. Cooley
6. D. Jackson
7. L. Smith
8. N. Rackers
9. B. Leftwich
10. D. Davis
11. Baltimore
12. K. Warner
13. Ma. Clayton
14. D. Brees
15. T. Bell

Jamie
08-26-2006, 03:53 PM
QB- J. Delhomme, M. Vick, P. Rivers
RB- L. Johnson, W. McGahee, C. Taylor, F. Gore
WR- P. Burress, J. Walker, N. Burleson, M. Muhammad, M. Jones
TE- A. Gates
K- J. Feely
Def- Chicago

RedandGold
08-26-2006, 10:44 PM
We had our draft this evening, and it's a 10-team league. I'm not overly fond of the QBs I ended up with, but I like the team overall.

Grade away...

QB: Drew Bledsoe, Brad Johnson, Phillip Rivers
RB: Shaun Alexander, Carnell Williams, Joseph Addai, Kevan Barlow
WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Santana Moss, T.J Houshmandzadeh, Matt Jones, Drew Bennett
TE: Ben Watson, Vernon Davis
K: Adam Vinatieri, Jason Hanson
DEF/ST: Pittsburgh, Dallas

Since lineups are based upon having 1 RB, 1 RB/WR, and 2 WR, that's why I loaded up on WRs.

ncognito
08-28-2006, 09:38 AM
Ok, time to bash away on my 1st draft Saturday night. Obvious problem at QB I need to address. I picked last in 12-team league, start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR/TE, 3 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D. Typical PPR yardage league scoring.

(Round drafted in parenths)

QB - Warner(7)
RB - Westbrook(1), Foster(4), F.Taylor(6), Maroney(8), M.Barber(10), Morency(14), Lundy(15)
WR - S.Smith(2), Driver(3), D.Jackson(5), A.Bryant(9), D.Bennett(11)
K - Akers(12)
D - Ravens(13)

My FF team has BYE week 9, same are Zona, so my plan was to draft Leinart as my only backup QB. But some bozo drafted both Vince Young(5th round? WTF?) and Leinart(15th, 3 picks before my Mr. Irrelevant pick)!?! So I took the backup tandem of Morency and Lundy for possible trade bait instead of Brunell, McNair, etc. for a backup. This problem needs addressed.

Love the depth at RB/WR, but sure wish I had a better RB3, and the obvious QB problem.

jspchief
08-28-2006, 09:41 AM
Ok, time to bash away on my 1st draft Saturday night. Obvious problem at QB I need to address. I picked last in 12-team league, start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR/TE, 3 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D. Typical PPR yardage league scoring.

(Round drafted in parenths)

QB - Warner(7)
RB - Westbrook(1), Foster(4), F.Taylor(6), Maroney(8), M.Barber(10), Morency(14), Lundy(15)
WR - S.Smith(2), Driver(3), D.Jackson(5), A.Bryant(9), D.Bennett(11)
K - Akers(12)
D - Ravens(13)

My FF team has BYE week 9, same are Zona, so my plan was to draft Leinart as my only backup QB. But some bozo drafted both Vince Young(5th round? WTF?) and Leinart(15th, 3 picks before my Mr. Irrelevant pick)!?! So I took the backup tandem of Morency and Lundy for possible trade bait instead of Brunell, McNair, etc. for a backup. This problem needs addressed.

Love the depth at RB/WR, but sure wish I had a better RB3, and the obvious QB problem.That may be the worst team I've seen yet. Who the hell did you take at 12 and 13?

Chief Chief
08-28-2006, 09:49 AM
For my 12-person team, I've selected Playboy's Miss October 2005 thru Miss September 2006: They're ALL sexy pics!!

Robo-Chachi
08-28-2006, 09:51 AM
I've been in a money league for about a decade now. We are scoring only, no yardage.

QB's
Eli Manning
John Kitna
Chris Simms

RB's
Rudi Johnson
Corey Dillion
Cedric Benson
Reuben Droughns

WR's
Larry Fitzgerald
Reggie Wayne
Javon Walker
Michael Clayton
Antonio Bryant

TE's
LJ Smith
Jason Witten

K's
Shayne Graham
Jason Hanson

D
Seahawks
Redskins

ncognito
08-28-2006, 09:52 AM
That may be the worst team I've seen yet. Who the hell did you take at 12 and 13?

Akers and Baltimore D (DUH...EDIT, thought you meant 12th/13th rounds)

I took Westbrook and Steve Smith 12/13. Passing over Domanick Davis, McGahee level backs. I damn near took Smith and Fitzgerald out of protest for what was leftover, was kinda planning to, just couldn't stomach a Deshawn Foster as my LEAD back.

And it definitely is the worst team I've ever drafted for sure. I've got many trade offers to put together, dumping as many of these part-time RBs as possible. Solid RBs this year really suck, and I missed all of them by #12. My only saving grace is that I can start 4 WRs if necessary, and it does look like I'll have to for now.

Any advice jspchief? You've shown many times over you know your stuff, could use all the help I can get at this point.

chappy
08-28-2006, 10:18 AM
Here's mine what do you guys think?

QB:Donovan McNabb
QB:Drew Bledsoe

HB:Larry Johnson
HB:Willis McGahee
HB:Jamal Lewis
HB:Kelvan Barlow

WR:Chris Chambers
WR:Javon Walker
WR:Laveranues Coles

TE:Vernon Davis

K:John Kasay

D: Redskins D

BTW its 1QB,1HB,1WR,1TE,1K,1D, with two WR/RB slots that i'm thinking RB with
THERE ARE 15 TEAMS:hmmm::(:shake:WTF BUT I WILL TRY ITS FOR WORK

dilligaf
08-28-2006, 01:29 PM
Eight team league

QB-Delhomme/Warner
RB-LJ/McGahee/DeAngleo Williams/Cedric Benson
WR-C Chambers/D Mason/Andre Johnson/Terry Glenn/Michael Clayton/Bobby Engram
TE-Gates/Marcedes Lewis
K/Vanderjagt
D-Seattle

I tried to get solid starters and then backups with promise. What do you think?

duncan_idaho
08-28-2006, 01:43 PM
Twelve team league, drafting from the 11th spot:

1. (11) S. Jackson RB
2. (14) W. McGahee RB
3. (35) P. Burress WR
4. (38) Ro. Williams WR
5. (59) J. Delhomme QB
6. (62) R. Brown WR
7. (83) Da. Clark TE
8. (86) Carolina DEF
9. (107) Mi. Clayton WR
10. (110) B. Edwards WR
11. (131) M. Bell RB
12. (134) L. Maroney RB
13. (155) L. Tynes K
14. (158) C. Simms QB
15. (179) San Diego DEF

I'm quite happy with this... I've got the strongest overall team in the league, I think. None of the top three teams drafted another running back until the third round...

And the lone girl in the league, picking 4th in the first round, selected Peyton Manning, Reggie Bush and Tatum Bell 1-2-3.

Sam Hall
08-28-2006, 03:25 PM
12 team league, drafting from the 5th spot:

1. Tiki Barber
2. Torry Holt
3. Reuben Droughns
4. Todd Heap
5. Roy williams
6. Carson Palmer
7. Dolphins D/ST
8. Jeff Reed
9. Kevin Jones
10. Lee Evans
11. Drew Brees
12. Troy Williamson
13. Mike Anderson
14. Brandon Lloyd

I couldn't pass on Palmer in the 6th round. I think he will be fine. Brees is a good backup plan. I wasn't happy that the run on TEs started in the fourth round. I wanted another receiver. My RBs aren't great, but I can make it work for me.

ncognito
08-28-2006, 04:15 PM
12 team league, drafting from the 5th spot:

1. Tiki Barber
2. Torry Holt
3. Reuben Droughns
4. Todd Heap
5. Roy williams
6. Carson Palmer
7. Dolphins D/ST
8. Jeff Reed
9. Kevin Jones
10. Lee Evans
11. Drew Brees
12. Troy Williamson
13. Mike Anderson
14. Brandon Lloyd

I couldn't pass on Palmer in the 6th round. I think he will be fine. Brees is a good backup plan. I wasn't happy that the run on TEs started in the fourth round. I wanted another receiver. My RBs aren't great, but I can make it work for me.

Kevin Jones in the 9th round? Who are the other 11 owners, mannequins? That's a pretty solid team.

Sam Hall
08-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Kevin Jones in the 9th round? Who are the other 11 owners, mannequins? That's a pretty solid team.

It's a pretty smart league, but there were several reaches in the early rounds. Palmer looks really good after 3 TDs tonight. My friend was going to take him right after me. I'm not sure about Droughns because of Bentley's injury. I took Mike Anderson because I don't like Jamal Lewis. I hope Kitna can make a difference for Roy Williams.

Woodrow Call
08-29-2006, 08:33 PM
Lets hear it. I picked 6th out of 10. 1QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

QB-Trent Green, Drew Brees

RB-Edge James, Chester Taylor, Fred Taylor, Deuce McAllister, Cedric Benson, Thomas Jones

WR-Chad Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Santana Moss, Doug Gabriel

TE-Chris Cooley

K- Tynes

Def-KC :homer:

DJ's left nut
08-29-2006, 10:02 PM
12 team league, picked 10

QB -- Bledsoe and Simms
RB -- Edge, Westbrook, Davis, Taylor, McAllister
WR -- R. Williams, A. Johnson, L. Coles, T. Williamson
TE -- Heath Miller
K -- Tynes
D -- Dallas

For the record, I hate my team.

I have 17 RBs b/c I can't count on any of them. James evidently forgot how to run, Westbrook and Davis are hurt (Davis might get cut), McAllister is splitting time and Fred Taylors groin is only good for about 6 games. I'm pretty sure my starting QB will be on the pine by week 7 (and TO was the only reason I drafted him). My WRs put up eye popping combine #s...just can't perform with pads on.

I like Heath Miller, Tynes and Simms, that's it.

If anyone can give me a reason that my team doesn't suck, I'd appreciate it.

TRR
08-29-2006, 10:07 PM
10 Team League...16 round draft.

QB - Green, Leftwich
RB - LT, W. Parker, J. Jones, T. Jones
WR - Harrison, Boldin, A. Johnson, Coles, Muhammed, Toomer, Parker
TE - V. Davis
D - Giants
K - Tynes

DJ's left nut
08-29-2006, 11:25 PM
10 Team League...16 round draft.

QB - Green, Leftwich
RB - LT, W. Parker, J. Jones, T. Jones
WR - Harrison, Boldin, A. Johnson, Coles, Muhammed, Toomer, Parker
TE - V. Davis
D - Giants
K - Tynes

QB may come down to Edwards. I don't think it's fair to expect #s even close to what Green has done the last few years with Edwards stressing ball control. Leftwich lost Smith, but has 3 intriguing young WRs ready to step up. I think Leftwich is a little underrated. I can't understand why some people are falling over themselves to take Eli Manning in the top 4 rounds when a guy like Leftwich is falling to the 13th or even going undrafted.

You seem to be a RB short. Julius Jones has health issues and Parcells loves Barber. Thomas Jones may end up losing goaline carries to Benson. You could always try to package them both for a surefire #1 back.

Very good WR corps, though I think Harrison is a bit overrated by many. I love Vernon Davis, but you'd be well served to have a backup plan. Many a 'next big thing' have bottomed out at the NFL level. With Alex Smith throwing him the ball, it's hard to guarantee success.

Reaper16
08-30-2006, 01:42 PM
Picked 3rd :) :D ROFL

QB: Matt Hasselbeck
WR: Steve Smith
WR: Randy Moss
WR: Chris Chambers
RB: LaDanian Tomlinson
RB: Stephen Jackson
TE: Alge Crumpler
K: Adam Vinatieri
DEF: Indy

Bench-
QB: Marc Bulger
WR: Derrick Mason
RB: Warrick Dunn
TE: Chris Cooley
DEF: ATL

ROFL

rad
08-30-2006, 02:04 PM
Picked 3rd :) :D ROFL

QB: Matt Hasselbeck
WR: Steve Smith
WR: Randy Moss
WR: Chris Chambers
RB: LaDanian Tomlinson
RB: Stephen Jackson
TE: Alge Crumpler
K: Adam Vinatieri
DEF: Indy

Bench-
QB: Marc Bulger
WR: Derrick Mason
RB: Warrick Dunn
TE: Chris Cooley

ROFL

How did you get LT2 AND Jackson? That's a good team right there.

You're not in my league, are you?

KUalum
08-30-2006, 02:07 PM
12 Team league, Must draft 2 QBs, 2 Ks, 2 TE, 2 DSTs, 3 or 4 RBs and 3 or 4 WRs. Must start QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DST so bye weeks matter. Traditional scoring - I had the 6th pick.

QBs - Culpepper, McNair
RBs - S. Jackson, C. Dillon, M. Bell
WRs - TJ Houshmandzedah, D. Mason, K. McCardell, S. Parker
TE - R. McMichael, D. Graham
K - N. Rackers, L. Tynes
DST - CAR, CIN

ncognito
08-30-2006, 02:09 PM
Very nice Reaper! 8 teams? You might do well to drop your extra defense for a 4th RB, maybe Norwood could CYA if Dunn breaks down.

DJ, I don't think your team is bad. Got some questions at RB, and thin at WR depth, but you've got good potential. Dump DD and pickup Lundy, or a WR. Keep your eyes on the waiver guys, and you can fill your depth holes thru the 1st 4-6 weeks. Trades might help too, package the time-share RBs for a true feature back, if possible.

TRR is pretty solid except QB is a iffy. And I'm not sure VD is gonna really be all that this year anyway.

ncognito
08-30-2006, 02:12 PM
12 Team league, Must draft 2 QBs, 2 Ks, 2 TE, 2 DSTs, 3 or 4 RBs and 3 or 4 WRs. Must start QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DST so bye weeks matter. Traditional scoring - I had the 6th pick.

QBs - Culpepper, McNair
RBs - S. Jackson, C. Dillon, M. Bell
WRs - TJ Houshmandzedah, D. Mason, K. McCardell, S. Parker
TE - R. McMichael, D. Graham
K - N. Rackers, L. Tynes
DST - CAR, CIN

Yuk! Dillon and MaBell are your RB2/3? Housh is your premier WR? Dude you're in trouble. You are in desperate need of a RB2, and a lead WR. Sacrifice your top defense in a package deal if necessary, but you need to do something soon!

Reaper16
08-30-2006, 02:27 PM
How did you get LT2 AND Jackson? That's a good team right there.

You're not in my league, are you?
ROFL, nah I'm not in your league.
I was drafting in an 8 team league with two first timers. Interesting decisions were made, and I capitalized on them. (For example, one guy took Houshmandzadeh in the 3rd round :shake: )

rad
08-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Sweet.

(**championship**)

ncognito
08-30-2006, 03:36 PM
ROFL, nah I'm not in your league.
I was drafting in an 8 team league with two first timers. Interesting decisions were made, and I capitalized on them. (For example, one guy took Houshmandzadeh in the 3rd round :shake: )

Was it KUalum by chance?

KCChiefsMan
08-30-2006, 03:41 PM
ok here is mine. I hosted a work FFL draft party and it's a 10 team league, each person had to buy-in $20 and throughout the year it's $1 per transaction for everybody. And it pays out the top 3. and I had the #7 pick

QB: Ben Roethlisburger, Byron Leftwich
RB: Steven Jackson, Ronnie Brown, Willie Parker, Jamal Lewis, Frank Gore
WR: Plaxico Burress, Darrell Jackson, Matt Jones, Keyshawn Johnson, Michael Clayton
TE: Antonio Gates
K: Jay Feely
DEF: Patriots

I kinda like it, I like to stack up on RBs and Jackson was the best RB left at #7. I think my WR's could be ok. We had a girl and a couple of guys that never played FFL before and they were picking Drew Bledsoe, Reggie Bush, Tom Brady in the 1st and 2nd rounds

chop
08-30-2006, 04:12 PM
ok here is mine. I hosted a work FFL draft party and it's a 10 team league, each person had to buy-in $20 and throughout the year it's $1 per transaction for everybody. And it pays out the top 3. and I had the #7 pick

WR: Plaxico Burress, Darrell Jackson, Matt Jones, Keyshawn Johnson, Michael Clayton

I kinda like it, I like to stack up on RBs and Jackson was the best RB left at #7. I think my WR's could be ok. We had a girl and a couple of guys that never played FFL before and they were picking Drew Bledsoe, Reggie Bush, Tom Brady in the 1st and 2nd rounds

QB's are average
RB's look good.
WR's You don't have a definite #1 receiver. You have guys that have potential to be good but haven't displayed it on a weekly basis. Darrell Jackson is a big ?, I'm concerned about his injury.
TE Looking good

ncognito
08-30-2006, 04:25 PM

I certainly am not thrilled with your WRs, but if DJ can get his knee right you're good to go. I do expect a fine rebound season from Clayton, nice steal there. Your RBs are just sick man, sick! QB is kinda eh, but who cares with those RB, they'll carry you very far!!

chubychecker
08-30-2006, 05:59 PM
Here's mine we play one qb, 2rb, 3wr/te, d,k,
QB: CUlpepper, brees
RB: Brown, Rudi Johnson, Kevin Jones, Deuce
WR: Randy Moss, Holt, Mason, TOny G, Terry Glen
D/st: Steelers
K: Seabass

10 team league. QB, looks to be the weak spot.

icepick64
08-30-2006, 06:35 PM
Here's mine we play one qb, 2rb, 3wr/te, d,k,
QB: CUlpepper, brees
RB: Brown, Rudi Johnson, Kevin Jones, Deuce
WR: Randy Moss, Holt, Mason, TOny G, Terry Glen
D/st: Steelers
K: Seabass

10 team league. QB, looks to be the weak spot.

Pretty good. You could definetly be hurting at QB, your running backs and receivers look good, but you better hope you don't have any injuries.

icepick64
08-30-2006, 06:38 PM
Here's mine, standard league, 12 teams, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 1 dst, 1 k

QB: Bledsoe, Bulger

RB: LJ, Brian Westbrook, Ahman Green, Cedric Benson

WR: Steve Smith, Joe Horn, Derrick Mason, Deion Branch

TE: Jeremy Shockey, Jeb Putzier

DST: Vikings

K: Vinateri

chubychecker
08-30-2006, 07:58 PM
Here's mine, standard league, 12 teams, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 1 dst, 1 k

QB: Bledsoe, Bulger

RB: LJ, Brian Westbrook, Ahman Green, Cedric Benson

WR: Steve Smith, Joe Horn, Derrick Mason, Deion Branch

TE: Jeremy Shockey, Jeb Putzier

DST: Vikings

K: Vinateri

I'll trade you for a QB. Qb's look good, A little shaky at rb after lj. Good receivers it may be tough to determine who to start.

Reaper16
08-31-2006, 05:08 PM
I just got back, and I had to miss my 12 team league draft. This is what the autodraft spewed out for me; I'm not that thrilled with it, but it could be a lot worse. 2nd pick.

QB: D. McNabb
WR: T. Owens
WR: P. Burress
WR: Rod Smith
RB: Shaun Alexander
RB: S. Jackson
TE: J. Witten
K: M. Vanderjagt
DEF: Carolina

Bench---
QB: D. Bledsoe
RB: T. Jones
WR: E. Wilford
WR: B. Lloyd
TE: B. Watson
K: O. Mare

I'll be looking to get a 4th RB, obviosuly, at least.

The Rick
08-31-2006, 05:16 PM
Okay, my turn. Looking for grades on my draft.

Our league has 12 teams and each team got one keeper player from the previous year. I inherited my team from the guy who finished last place and quit. I didn't have many good options for my keeper player, so I ended up keeping Willis McGahee.

Here are my picks. I had the first pick in our draft:

QB - D. Bledsoe (Dallas), B. Leftwich (Jacksonville)

RB - W. McGahee (Buffalo, keeper), T. Barber (NY Giants), K. Jones (Detroit), M. Bell (Denver)

WR - T. Holt (St. Louis), A. Boldin (Arizona), R. Williams (Detroit), M. Jones (Jacksonville)

TE - V. Davis (San Francisco), K. Winslow (Cleveland)

K - L. Tynes (Chiefs)

D - Seattle

rad
08-31-2006, 05:19 PM
Gambled a bit at TE, but otherwise, pretty good. R Williams is poised to have a good year IMO.

Reaper16
08-31-2006, 10:15 PM
bump

chiefscafan
08-31-2006, 11:12 PM
I'm game

QB: Michael Vick, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinert
RB: Edrign james, Chester taylor, Frank Gore
WR: T.O. Plaxico burress, terry glenn, Antonio
Bryant, Antwan Randall El
TE: Tony Gonzalez, TE from Indy
K : Adam Vinitari
DEf: Chicago Bears

ok how am I looking

Ceej
09-01-2006, 12:18 AM
Here we go. I'm new to FFL, so yeah.

1 - Steve Smith
2 - Antonio Gates
3 - Deuce Mc Allister
4 - Trent Green
5 - Anquan Boldin
6 - DeAngelo Williams
7 - Drew Brees
8 - Giants D
9 - Amani Toomer
10 - Jason Elam
11 - Eric Moulds
12 - Brandon Stokely
13 - Chiefs D
14 - Brian Griese
15 - Antwan Randle El

Nzoner
09-01-2006, 03:14 AM
Finally had our local draft tonight,$130 entry,12 man league,performance 6 pts on all td's,10 pts for a coach winning,1/10th point every yard etc

QB-Carson Palmer,Jon Kitna

RB-Brian Westbrook,Fred Taylor,Frank Gore,Deangello Williams and Maurice Drew

TE-Todd Heap, Jermaine Wiggins

WR-Joe Horn,Eddie Kennison,Andre Johnson,Matt Jones,Mark Clayton and Kevin Curtis

Kicker-John Hall and Michael Koenen

Defense-Baltimore,Chiefs

Coaches-John Fox and Lovie Smith

luv
09-01-2006, 03:16 AM
I was gonna put one together, too! :banghead:

Maybe I'll do that this weekend. Just do an auto-pick and see about making trades.

GoTrav
09-01-2006, 06:10 AM
here's mine. 12 man 2 keeper league. Keepers were Portis and S. Smith

Here's what I currently have plugged in for starters. I was league champion last year and drafted from the 12 spot this year. I'm somewhat worried about my QB situation. I had Eli on the radar but one of my asshat friends took him in our first round (more like a 3rd round), after keepers. IIRC, Vick was still sitting there at 11.12 and was the 9th rated QB by some of the "experts". I didn't want to take him but maybe I'll get lucky and he'll show some consitency this year. Leinart was my 15th round drunk pick...we'll actually from around rounds 5-15.

Leftwich
Portis
Westbrook
Matt Jones
Steve Smith
Reggie Wayne
Ben Watson
Jeff Wilkins
Cowboys

Reserves:
Leinart
Vick
Dunn
Thomas Jones
DeAngelo Williams
Antonio Bryant
Braylon Edwads
Vincent Jackson

Bill Lundberg
09-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Finally had my big money league draft last night. Not really that excited about this team but time will tell.
Its a 12 man league and I had the 12th pick. Standard scoring, we start 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 Flex(RB,WR,TE), 1K, 1DEF. Thoughts??

QB- Kurt Warner, Brett Favre

RB- Lamont Jordan, Chester Taylor, Chris Brown, Lawrence Maroney, Derrick Blaylock, Lendale White (loaded up on possibilities late in the draft)

WR- Steve Smith, Chris Chambers, Reggie Brown, Isaac Bruce

TE- Alge Crumpler, Vernon Davis

DEF - Dallas

K - Vanderjagt

Iowanian
09-01-2006, 10:36 AM
I don't like Favre this year at all, Warner is solid with his WRs but you know the injury risk...I'd watch the wire for a qb.
I like your starting WRs but don't know about your depth. Love your TEs.

I think you've got servicable RBs to start and think Taylor will put up some decent numbers. I wouldn't expect much from Chris Brown, but like the mid-late season potential of your other backups.

Reaper16
09-01-2006, 10:34 PM
Here's a general question to throw about: Do you think Indy's defense will put up as many fantasy points as they did last year?
I don't think they'll be as good, and I'm contemplating starting JAX over them.

GoTrav
09-02-2006, 02:17 AM
Finally had my big money league draft last night. Not really that excited about this team but time will tell.
Its a 12 man league and I had the 12th pick. Standard scoring, we start 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 Flex(RB,WR,TE), 1K, 1DEF. Thoughts??

RB- Lamont Jordan, Chester Taylor, Chris Brown, Lawrence Maroney, Derrick Blaylock, Lendale White (loaded up on possibilities late in the draft)

DEF - Dallas

K - Vanderjagt

WR's are about as solid as you could hope for going into the season. RB2 looks a bit iffy but Maroney is nice to have around. Warner is an injury concern and as long as you're not penalized for turnovers, Favre has always been decent. Especially with all the garbage points, GB could potentially get this year. Looks pretty solid overall, other than the liquored up kicker :)

chiefscafan
09-02-2006, 08:50 PM
bump

Fire Me Boy!
11-30-2006, 10:45 AM
Need help on WR...

Which one?
Antonio Bryant @ NO
Lee Evans v. SD

I'm leaning toward Bryant because of the matchup, but Evans has been a pleasant surprise this year.

Bill Lundberg
11-30-2006, 12:25 PM

DEF - Dallas

K - Vanderjagt

This is pretty funny. My team is 7-5 and after trades and free agency looks nothing like the one I drafted.

QB- Vick, Cutler
RB- Ahman Green, Mo Jones-Drew, Deshaun Foster, DeAngelo Williams, Sammy Morris, Justin Fargas
WR (ouch)-Chris Chambers, Reggie Brown, Jerricho Cotchery, Chris Henry
TE-Crumpler, Davis
D - Dallas
K - Vinatierri

This team sucks, even at 7-5 it looks like I'm going to need a miracle to make it anywhere in the playoffs.