PDA

View Full Version : How about a thread on all of Dayton's moves?

cmh6476
07-31-2006, 03:46 PM
someone help me out here:

Arriving:

1B Ryan Shealy
RHP Scott Dohmann
LHP Jorge de la Rosa
LHP Odalis Perez
P Blake Johnson
P Julio Pimentel
P Tyler Lumsden
P Daniel Cortes
RP Joselo Diaz
IF Keppinger
OF Joey Gathright

Departing:

LHP Jeremy Affeldt
RHP Denny Bautista
IF Tony Graffanino
P Elmer Dessens
RHP Mike MacDougal
IF/ OF Matt Stairs
IF Ruben Gotay
P J.P. Howell

what am I missing? :shrug:

Ari Chi3fs
07-31-2006, 04:09 PM
my son is really gonna miss Matt Stairs. :-(

Short Leash Hootie
07-31-2006, 04:09 PM
Yancy Tolertson

Ari Chi3fs
07-31-2006, 04:10 PM
Departing

Aaron Guiel

|Zach|
07-31-2006, 04:10 PM
I liked Stairs as well.

If it makes him feel any better tell your boy that Matt won't miss him in the least. Not at all...

HemiEd
07-31-2006, 04:15 PM
I guess I missed the departure of Graffanino and Gotay. They are starting to get my interest back with some of this, hope it works.

Woodrow Call
07-31-2006, 04:18 PM
It is amazing what Dayton has done. Hopefully Sanders will clear waivers get shipped out next.

Cochise
07-31-2006, 04:24 PM
To recap what Kietzman pointed out earlier:

Moore has brought in 9 new players via trade, 8 of them are pitchers. 2 guys (De La Rosa and Lumsden) supposedly could be in the rotation next year. We now have one of the better hitting prospects in baseball in Shealy. And in all of this we did not trade a starting pitcher or an everyday player.

I don't think you can say we really lost a thing. If they would have released any of those guys at the end of this year, I would have just shrugged.

ChiefsFire
07-31-2006, 05:35 PM
introduce him to David Dejesus

Sure-Oz
07-31-2006, 05:39 PM
I'm pretty satisfied with what he has done. More moves possibly coming after the deadline, who knows...we got alot of new faces and maybe that is what this team needs. Definetly will be interesting to see how Shealy does here as the others.

Sure-Oz
07-31-2006, 05:39 PM
One of my favorite players, he is the face of this team for sure.

CoMoChief
07-31-2006, 05:56 PM
I liked Stairs as well.

If it makes him feel any better tell your boy that Matt won't miss him in the least. Not at all...

Whaaaaaa? Stairs was awful.

Ari Chi3fs
07-31-2006, 06:03 PM

Ah yes... DeJesus. He owns.

Adept Havelock
07-31-2006, 06:12 PM

Or Tehan, as he seems to be coming around after being sent down and called back up.

Coach
07-31-2006, 06:12 PM
Whaaaaaa? Stairs was awful.

Please. Berroa is awful. Sanders is awful. Stairs was at least contributing more than those two jokers combined.

Al Bundy
07-31-2006, 07:14 PM
Too bad we couldn't include Refatsass Hernandez in one of those deals. This guy is throwing softball pitches.

Sure-Oz
07-31-2006, 07:14 PM
Just cut twinkie spice.

tk13
08-02-2006, 04:29 PM
Jayson Stark...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=2536659&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos1

Here's To Royalty

There wasn't much talk about the Kansas City Royals on Monday in the aftermath of the deadline frenzy. But no seller had a better couple of weeks than new GM Dayton Moore.

"Dayton did one hell of a job," said one NL executive. "To go get a guy like Ryan Shealy [from Colorado], I think it sets them up now at the corners, and in the middle of the order, with Shealy on first base and [stud prospect] Alex Gordon at third and [minor-league masher] Billy Butler at DH and left field. Dayton has done an unbelievable job, in a really short time."

Moore also got at least one live arm in almost all of his five deals (Tyler Lumsden, David Cortes, Jorge De La Rosa, Joselo Diaz). So it's clear there's a vision now in Kansas City -- and some hope.

Most aggressive GMs who get things done: Cincinnati's Wayne Krivsky, Texas' Jon Daniels, Kansas City's Moore.

Most aggressive GMs who didn't get much of anything done: Houston's Tim Purpura, Boston's Theo Epstein, Stoneman.