PDA

View Full Version : 2006 run D vs. pass D

thepascalblaze
07-31-2006, 05:38 PM
Our run D last year was pretty fair, as I remember. I don't know the rank, but it mattered little since we seemed create 3rd and 8, then give up the first on a 12 yard pass approximately 5 times/game. We had a reputation of having a soft pass D and other teams could gameplan to beat through us the air, and had some success. We also had some teams run on us successfully, like dungver and NY.

Did our run D look good becuase of our weak pass D? If so, does Law shift things into balance? Is our run D capable of stopping the run on 1st and 2nd with the same regulrity as last year? Is the addition of Law enough to stop those frustrating 3rd and long conversions?

I think balance in a defense is a required quality for a high level of success... unless it sucks equally against the pass and run. But we may have balance now, and the intangibles that come with it, like opposing OC's having tho find weaknesses on the fly, and more 3 and outs...

Thoughts, comments, and tirades please...

Count Alex's Losses
07-31-2006, 05:40 PM
We had a solid run defense. Not the greatest, but solid. I expect it will improve this year because Law is an excellent tackling corner, and Krumrie is going to whip the defensive tackles into shape. From reports, Kendrell Bell is also looking like a much improved player in training camp.

Kawika and DJ will only get better, especially DJ.